Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
Those people who posted on the Football Weekly message board about Max Rushden are moron fanboys. Actually, pretty much everyone who posts on that seems to be some sort of retard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Well, yeah. Including Villa Support Group, Arse-technica and loving Happy Goth (it's you, you are the worst). Hate those loving worthless shithouses.

Stand-in guy was decent, btw. Wasn't annoying, to me, in any way. Held the fort well until AC Jimbo can return.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, he was fine. They're all so loving precious about a free podcast.

I'm convinced everyone who posts on there just does so in the hope of getting their post read out rather than to engage in any kind of discussion. I know someone who does post there and has gotten something read out a few times and he's told me how much he dislikes others on there because of how often they get stuff onto the pod.

loving fanboys.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Finish this sentence: People who comment on websites...

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

I am with you guys on the commenters but Rushden really lost me when he acted all surprised when one of the other podders would use notes or relevant statistics. What does he think sportscasting is really? Blue peter?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
tbf they often take the piss out of their own shoddy research.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

ICA posted:

Finish this sentence: People who comment on websites...

usually have both internet access and either a computer or a mobile phone

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ICA posted:

tbf they often take the piss out of their own shoddy research.

Yeah, they always make fun of each other for over/under preparing.

One problem with Rushden is that he acted a little like one of the panal rather than the presenter but I guess that's down to him not being used to presenting a show like this.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I thought you had to take him within context. He's in a room of "proper" football correspondants (Sean Ingle was on it right, he's the Guardian.co.uk sports editor? That's a *massive* job in the field) so I'll accept him being somewhat intimidated and trying to play along with the gang.

He strikes me as a good, funny bloke who is happy to have the chance that he has. I haven't watched Soccer AM since Tim Lovejoy presented it but I don't imagine they would fill the main presenter slot with a total oval office, they would have a good enough bloke, which is what Max Rushden seems to me. I'm not interested in his analysis of Stoke's back four, but he definitely seems up to the job of covering for AC Jimbo for a week.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Absolutely. I wasn't having a go, just pointing out how difficult a job it is to present something like that.

Durchfall
Oct 26, 2006

oontsoontsoonts
I'm glad it wasn't Paul loving MacInnes presenting, I skip any podcast with him on. Seems to get on solely by virtue of supporting Norwich.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Great ramble again, I approve of singing players names to the Jurassic Park theme.

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

Jippa posted:

Great ramble again, I approve of singing players names to the Jurassic Park theme.

Really hope the Asamoah Gyan one catches on.

A-SA-MOAH GYAN! HE SCORES GOALS LIKE NO ONE CAN!

The Demba Ba one is pretty shite though.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Ramble's become too wacky for me recently.

mogues
Feb 27, 2011

Put the chants in the bin.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Sent an email to the Ramble yesterday. Is it hypocritical that I hope it gets read out considering what I was saying about the Football Weekly fanboys earlier in the thread?

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

Mickolution posted:

Sent an email to the Ramble yesterday. Is it hypocritical that I hope it gets read out considering what I was saying about the Football Weekly fanboys earlier in the thread?

I think part of my annoyance with the Football Weekly posters being read is that is often the same posters being read.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, what annoys me is that most of the people seem to only post so they'll get it read out. What I sent was a great story about Dixie Dean that they didn't mention in the profile.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

ICA posted:

Ramble's become too wacky for me recently.

In what way? I think it's a perfect mix of joking around and actual football knowledge.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Absolutely adore The Football Ramble.

For anyone interested, there's a thread in their forum that has a back catalogue of all their pre-iTunes episodes.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

mogues posted:

Put the chants in the bin.

gently caress off Happy Goth.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Jippa posted:

In what way?

You serious? They treat every sentence as an opportunity to squeeze in an awful pun or to fit the acronym "lol" into a word. It's loving cringeworthy at times.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Fair enough, horses for courses and all that.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
What did you call me.

mogues
Feb 27, 2011

You don't like anything though.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Quite right.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Now I have a reason to root for Spurs. Fernando 'Torres' Duarche :)

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Just when I thought I couldn't love him any more, it's revealed he has a George Harrison tattoo. Hero.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Has Rafa always been known as 'Honey Stone' or was this the first time Jimbo called him that? Hilarious.

ReleasetheKracker!
Oct 8, 2010

by Ozmaugh
That's the translation of his last name.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Barry finally got to Phillipe during his League Un roundup.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

MoPZiG posted:

Barry finally got to Phillipe during his League Un roundup.

That was beautiful.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
I wish Philippe Auclair was in more pods :allears:

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Him and Raphael Honigstein are by far the best people that come on. They have figured out that being a decent football journalist means having good contacts and an appreciation of tactics, which most of the others don't seem to have realised.

I quite like Gregg Roughley when he's on too though.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Atomic Dog posted:

He's had an unbelievable career:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Philippe_%28musician%29

I always find it so impressive that when a non-native has not only flawless english, but is impressively eloquent as well.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Atomic Dog posted:

he's popped up on a couple of Arsenal-specific podcasts in the second half of the season and been absolutely fantastic each time. There was one "state of the Arsenal" version of the Online Gooner that had him, the guy from Arsenal Supporter's Trust and Amy Lawrence from the Guardian/Observer and it was the greatest thing ever from my point of view.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Got this hardon for the French in general so Philipe is great to me.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Hoops posted:

He's had an unbelievable career:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Philippe_%28musician%29

I always find it so impressive that when a non-native has not only flawless english, but is impressively eloquent as well.

Oh wow. Now I feel depressed about my accomplishments in life.

e: I wish I lived in London so I could see Football Weekly live.

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM
Had no idea about the music side of his career, that's brilliant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Anyone got any favourites other than the Ramble I can listen to while Football Weekly is off air?