Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer_attack
Aug 25, 2010
Job Seeker

Locations
NYC, San Francisco

Education
University of Kansas
BGS Theater and Film: Theater management. Concentration in Anthropology

Experience
5+ Years at The Granada Theater. Social Media/Marketing/Box office/PR Manager

Desired Position
I'm looking for something that would put my independent music venue marketing specialties to work. Since I started at this venue we have quadrupled our online fan base and attendance for actual events continues to grow without hesitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puffin Stuff
May 2, 2007

Fuck you, Mark! You're not my real dad!
It's not much, but I'm looking for someone interested in freelance writing.

Who we are
Volunteer Global was created in 2005 as a means to educate prospective volunteers about international volunteerism and travel. More than 430 volunteer organizations currently are listed on the site, with individual pages for each one outlining what volunteers do, in which countries they work, and more. The site also features a blog, which covers topics in international volunteering, ecotourism, backpacking, career breaks, gap years, and other travel related subjects.

What we're looking for
I'm expanding Volunteer Global soon to become more interactive and interesting for its visitors. Unfortunately since I focus on all this back-end work, my content writing has dropped off a lot over the past several months. I just added two writers, and am really happy with their work so far--though I'd like to bring on one more.

So right now, we're looking for someone interested in contributing up to four blog posts per month at $15 per article.

Posts should be between 500 and 750 words, and must be relevant to the site's theme of international volunteering and travel.

International travel experience is strongly preferred, as well as good research skills and excellent grammar. We're looking for interesting, original content that shows the writer's personality and interest in the subject.

To apply
Please send a resume and writing sample to info[at]volunteerglobal[dot]com. If you have a blog or something conversational, that works best, since we're not particularly looking for academic-style writing.

Edit: Position filled :)

Puffin Stuff fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Apr 26, 2011

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Puffin Stuff posted:

$15 per article.

Just so you know (if you didn't already know), this is what Demand Studios pays for articles that are probably on a lower quality level than what you want for your site.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Puffin Stuff posted:

To apply
Please send a resume and writing sample to info[at]volunteerglobal[dot]com. If you have a blog or something conversational, that works best, since we're not particularly looking for academic-style writing.

Thanks, you'll get an email from me this evening.

e: sent.

Christe Eleison fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Apr 26, 2011

Puffin Stuff
May 2, 2007

Fuck you, Mark! You're not my real dad!

Longbaugh01 posted:

Just so you know (if you didn't already know), this is what Demand Studios pays for articles that are probably on a lower quality level than what you want for your site.

Ah thank you, good to note--it's about all I can do right now, though I expect by June I'll be able to bump it up by $5 or $10.

Puffin Stuff fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Apr 25, 2011

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
Job Seeker

Philadelphia and immediate NW suburbs (Lower Montco, Bucksco, and most of Delco)

Education
Rowan University
Bachelor's of Music

Experience
7+ years as a professional independent musician

Desired Position
I'm really just trying to get my foot in the door. I have a lot of office oriented skills (MS Office, Marketing, Sales, Promotion, Media, Public Relations) that I'm looking to transfer over to the "real world". I'm having a hard time finding companies willing to take a chance (no surprise in this economy). But my son is 2 now, and I really can't be keeping the musician hours anymore if I want to do my parenting justice.

Bottom line, I'm 27 and willing to be your receptionist.

walrusonthehill
Mar 18, 2008

yes durians
Job Seeker

Education
BA International Affairs, 3.6 GPA and various honors, also did a one year post-bac in geology

Experience
-9 months of tutoring Japanese kids in English
-6 months of customer service/cash-handling
-One summer job as an administrative clerk in an American Embassy
-I essentially resuscitated my school's MUN program and handled all of its budget, trip planning, and recruitment, did this for two years

Looking for
Just about anything. I'm computer-savvy and can learn very quickly. I don't have a lot of formal experience there but I would happily pick up HTML/CSS type things and I'd like to learn to program. I'll go into banking, business, editing, government, desk jobs, working in a lab; I'm flexible and willing to learn and try new things. I'm good at analyzing information and writing.

Miscellaneous
-Lots of international experience
-Rusty intermediate Mandarin Chinese (reading/writing/speaking/listening) that I could resuscitate if needed

Contact me by PM or walrusonthehill at gmail.com.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Job Openings

We're hiring two Game Designers for trading card games and board games, as well as a contractor to do Web Development and Sys Admin.

The game designers must be in-office in Irvine, CA. The web developer is part-time and can telecommute.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/careers

Read the job descriptions closely. Thanks and good luck.

Blinkman987 fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Apr 28, 2011

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword now
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister
Job Postings in Boston, MA(5)

To apply, please send your resume and a brief paragraph about why you're the ideal candidate via PM or to rqbpix at Gmail. For the Web Designer position, please also include your portfolio.

CampusLIVE posted:

Web Designer
We're looking for:
* Someone to design and build user-facing products.
* Someone who can put their creativity on a timeline and produce magic in Photoshop and Illustrator.
* Someone who enjoys building challenges and assisting our sales team close mega contracts with their beautiful designs.
* Someone to work alongside our experienced tech and design team.

Requirements:
* Deep knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
* HTML / CSS knowledge
* Experience working alongside a team of designers and developers
* Experience working through client demands, agency experience a plus

Specific Responsibilities:
* Designing and building creative challenges on a daily basis. Will be responsible for producing 5+ challenges per day.
* Working alongside sales team to respond to RFPs on a budgeted timeline.
* Working alongside development team to implement challenge structure on CampusLIVE.com.

Compensation / Benefits:
* Competitive salary and bonus
* Stock options
* Employee benefits
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Web PHP Developer
Requirements:
* 3+ years of PHP application development
* Working knowledge of the LAMP stack
* Proven development of scalable applications
* Strong database knowledge (MySQL)
* Knowledgeable with numerous web technologies and their trade-offs
* Good knowledge of popular open source frameworks for PHP, PERL and/or Python
* Quick learner with good communication and problem solving skills
* Ability to work independently
* Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university with computer science specialty; applicable work experience considered

* Work with a team of 3 web developers
* 80% of the time coding, 20% architecting, designing and coordinating with the team

"Nice to Haves":
* Developed web applications that have 10k+ users. (100k+ is even better)
* Experience with jQuery/AJAX
* Experience in Linux system administration
* Experience with mobile application development
* Command Line Jedi

Compensation / Benefits:
* Competitive salary
* Stock options
* Employee benefits
For those of you with sales or client relations experience:

CampusLIVE posted:

Digital Sales Executive
We're looking for people with:
* An intense, competitive hunter spirit with a confident attitude.
* A positive, entrepreneurial outlook with a track record of sales success.
* An existing network of agency and client relationships.

Requirements:
* Exceptional ability to generate, facilitate, and close regional and national sales opportunities by prospecting new leads, generating strong product interest, executing sales calls, and completing sales.
* Extraordinary communication, presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
* Proven relationships with top marketing decision makers at regional/national brands and ad agencies.
* Ability to thrive and adjust in a constantly changing environment.
* Digital media and/or collegiate advertising industry knowledge preferred.
* 2+ years of successful selling experience in advertising industry.

Responsibilities:
* Identifying, generating, and acquiring new business through internet, phone, and face to face communication.
* Developing high-level relationships within all relevant industries to obtain advertising partnerships.
* Creating consultative sales presentations and RFP responses using vast industry knowledge and market data.
* Working collaboratively with various internal teams to analyze, conceptualize, and develop new ideas.
* Obliterating all proposed sales goals.

Compensation / Benefits:
* Competitive salary and commission on all sales
* Stock options
* Sales expense compensation
* Employee benefits
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Senior Digital Sales Executive
We're looking for people with:
* An intense, competitive hunter spirit with a confident attitude.
* A positive, entrepreneurial outlook with a track record of sales success.
* An existing network of agency and client relationships.

Requirements:
* High level relationships with top marketing decision makers at a broad range of national/regional brands and advertising agencies.
* Diverse category sales experience a must including technology, food and beverage, consumer package goods, retail, automotive, travel, and entertainment related clients and their marketing agencies.
* Exceptional ability to generate, facilitate, and close regional and national sales opportunities by prospecting new leads, generating strong product interest, executing sales calls, and completing sales.
* Extraordinary communication, presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
* Ability to thrive and adjust in a constantly changing environment.
* Digital media and/or collegiate advertising industry knowledge preferred.
* Demonstrated track record of top performing sales success.
* 4-5+ years of successful selling experience in advertising industry.

Responsibilities:
* Identifying, generating, and acquiring new business through internet, phone, and face to face communication.
* Developing high-level relationships within all relevant industries to obtain advertising partnerships.
* Creating consultative sales presentations and RFP responses using vast industry knowledge and market data.
* Working collaboratively with various internal teams to analyze, conceptualize, and develop new ideas.
* Leading direction and execution of new business team goals and objectives.
* Obliterating all proposed sales goals.

Compensation / Benefits:
* Competitive salary and commission on all sales
* Stock options
* Sales expense compensation
* Employee benefits
Client Relations Manager
* Candidate must be a team player with superb organization and communication skills
* Positive entrepreneurial outlook with a track record of client campaign growth and success
* Candidate will have perfect balance of account management and creative marketing skills with an overall sales mindset

Requirements:
* Exceptional ability to manage client relations, develop and execute interactive campaigns, compile and analyze campaign reports, and drive new recurring business.
* Extraordinary attention to detail, time management, and organization skills.
* Demonstrated experience building high level relationships while increasing overall account revenue numbers
* Ability to thrive, adjust, and dominate in a constantly changing environment
* Strong understanding and passion for the online advertising and social media industries
* 2+ years proven experience in account management and/or agency industry

* Maintaining, managing, and growing CampusLIVE’s current and future advertising accounts
* Creating and executing innovative and impactful advertising campaigns based around client marketing objectives
* Developing a deep understanding of client’s business and industry while indentifying key opportunities for new business and product development
* Working collaboratively with Business Development, Operations, Finance, and Product teams to insure optimization of commitments
* Partake in full sales process from RFP through campaign close, analysis, and resign
* Ensuring client happiness and success while driving monthly and year goals

Compensation / Benefits:
* Competitive salary, commission and bonus
* Stock options
* Employee benefits

realqueenbetty fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 28, 2011

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
You didn't mention where those jobs are located which is probably important (or I'm an idiot)? Unless they're all telecommute possible.

realqueenbetty
Nov 2, 2005

And then swing your swift sword, sister
Swing your swift sword, sister, sister

Lyon posted:

You didn't mention where those jobs are located which is probably important (or I'm an idiot)? Unless they're all telecommute possible.
Well, that was quite an oversight on my part.

The company's based in Boston, MA. I can ask about telecommuting but I'm pretty sure working remotely is an option for the web design and development positions.

DukAmok
Sep 21, 2006

Using drugs will kill. So be for real.

Blinkman987 posted:

Job Openings

We're hiring two Game Designers for trading card games and board games, as well as a contractor to do Web Development and Sys Admin.

The game designers must be in-office in Irvine, CA. The web developer is part-time and can telecommute.

http://www.cryptozoic.com/careers

Read the job descriptions closely. Thanks and good luck.

I tried to send off an e-mail, but got a Delivery Failure notification for the address listed on the website. Is there another method available?

edit: Read into the delivery failure, it says it's being rejected as spam, probably because of the .pdf. Re-sent it with resume inline.

DukAmok fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 28, 2011

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

DukAmok posted:

I tried to send off an e-mail, but got a Delivery Failure notification for the address listed on the website. Is there another method available?

edit: Read into the delivery failure, it says it's being rejected as spam, probably because of the .pdf. Re-sent it with resume inline.

Noted and sent the problem to the person who maintains our mail. Could you forward me the bounced email to William.Brinkman at Cryptozoic dot com? Thank you.

Blinkman987 fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 28, 2011

Alvination
Aug 12, 2005

"Let me ask you something: what do women want?"

"Who cares?"
Job Seeker

I've got a BA in Psychology and Masters in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. The job search has not been friendly to me with the only interview I have upcoming being a temp agency. I'd like to eventually get into management consulting, but that's difficult to get into so I'd work my way up the ladder. HR, org development positions, something like that I would love to do. I've got a couple of HR internships under my belt, my latest in a large hospital center.

Looking to stay around the Houston area, but willing to relocate if advancement and/or salary is good enough (preferably another big city; hate the small towns). Hell, I'll even take an internship in Houston if I can get my feet wet in consulting.

Primitive Screwhead
Dec 11, 2007
Yes sir, listening. No sir, no touching.

Flushmonkii posted:

The jobs we have listed on the jobs page https://www.livingsocial.com/jobs is everything that is being recruited for right now. Use my referral link so you cant cut through muck [edit]PM for the link[/edit]

I might also be able to talk to recruiting directly on a case by case basis, just shoot me a PM.

I like cutting through muck! I don't have PMs! I'm unemployed as poo poo! Gmail freetacos!

Job Seeker

I'm in Salisbury MD but can go anywhere provided I can support my family and I'd like to get out of this dump

Education
BA English Psych Minor from Rutgers
MS in E-Business from University of Wyoming

Experience
- Started writing for school newspapers in middle school (mid 80s)
- Turned pro in 1999
- Writing environments: Corporate, shoppers, newspapers, training materials, magazines, websites etc.
- Can not stop copyediting. Seriously, I'm impossible. Can't take me anywhere.
- Last position: Online editor for regional news site but was really more of a producer I guess. I don't really understand structures and HR classifications.
- Some photography
- Some coding

Looking for
Just about anything. I only really understand newspapers so I'm having a hell of a time finding something that I can fit into outside of that environment. I don't necessarily need to be out of that environment. I'm an excellent writer and editor. I'm not the guy who is going to design and build your website from start to finish but I can talk fluently with the people who will do that. I've trained a bunch (100+) of scruffy journalists to use a CMS and leverage web content.

Me
I was laid off from Gannett in 2008. I am not a fuckup. Max raises each review, employee of the month twice and promoted three times. Gannett owns all the newspapers in the area, so I've been well and proper hosed for a while now.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

Alvination posted:

Job Seeker

I've got a BA in Psychology and Masters in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. The job search has not been friendly to me with the only interview I have upcoming being a temp agency. I'd like to eventually get into management consulting, but that's difficult to get into so I'd work my way up the ladder. HR, org development positions, something like that I would love to do. I've got a couple of HR internships under my belt, my latest in a large hospital center.

Looking to stay around the Houston area, but willing to relocate if advancement and/or salary is good enough (preferably another big city; hate the small towns). Hell, I'll even take an internship in Houston if I can get my feet wet in consulting.

Email me. You can find my contact info/job info a couple of pages back. We're a consulting company for the healthcare industry, and have a team that focuses exclusively on human resource challenges for hospitals that I think you'd be perfect for. It is, however, in Washington DC.

Alvination
Aug 12, 2005

"Let me ask you something: what do women want?"

"Who cares?"

bam thwok posted:

Email me. You can find my contact info/job info a couple of pages back. We're a consulting company for the healthcare industry, and have a team that focuses exclusively on human resource challenges for hospitals that I think you'd be perfect for. It is, however, in Washington DC.

Sending! Thanks.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Job Seeker

Education:
BBA in Marketing/Sales (University of Toledo)

Experience:
Thomson Reuters - myPay Solutions Account Representative Intern
-Managed numerous projects to help streamline the payroll process for the sales representatives and increase productivity among the sales and set-up team.
-Facilitated the payroll setup process with new clients and referring accountants.
-Informed potential accountants about the benefits of utilizing myPay Solutions payroll services.

Sixtyten Studio - Sales & Marketing Associate
-Helped develop and implement a word-of-mouth marketing plan.
-Established an online presence, including the creation of the website and social media accounts.
-Developed relationships with local acts in the area through many avenues, including face-to-face, telesales, and social networks.

Sales and Marketing at a small time recording studio

Looking For:
Some type of operations, support, or marketing position. My sales internship is a bust - I hate prospecting/cold calling and I naturally gravitate toward group projects and providing client support. My internship isn't over until next month, so I may end up with a job in some capacity at Thomson Reuters, but I'm not holding my breath.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 3, 2011

Sits on Pilster
Oct 12, 2004
I like to wear bras on my ass while I masturbate?
Deleted

Sits on Pilster fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 11, 2011

Chunky Monkey
Jun 12, 2005
Kill the Gnome!
Job Seeker

Pittsburgh, PA (but would be willing to look at other places depending on place/pay)

Education
Still working on this, have some credits completed, doing night class right now. Hopefully will end with a bachelors in Information Systems.

Experience
- 5+ years of experience working with computers, both hardware and software.
- Experience with many systems including Lotus Notes/Domino/Sametime (6, 6.5, 7, 8, 8.5), Microsoft Outlook/Exchange (2003/2010), Active Directory, Windows Server (2000/2003/2008/R2), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lync/Communicator), Windows 2000 Pro/XP/Vista/7, Mac OSX, and more (feel free to ask if I know something, I might).
- Experince with many types of hardware internals including desktops, laptops, servers, IP phones, Blackberries, Windows Mobile, iOS, Android, UPS (both rack mount and desktop), switches and routers, and more (same as above).

Looking for
Mostly anything really, I'm working on contract right now, but I'm pretty sure its going to end here in a couple weeks and I'm looking for something else. I would prefer a job where I get to do alot of different things, but its not necessary.

NOT looking for
Level 1 helpdesk (answer the phone, log the ticket, pass the call)

Misc.
- I have been told by several managers that my biggest talent is my ability to problem solve. I have come into situations where I know little or nothing about the piece of software with the issue and was able to solve the problem at hand. Obviously I like problem solving and would like to do that (or making ideas, Im good at that too!)

Contact me at weatherman3467 at yahoo dot com if you have anything I might be interested in. Thanks!

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
Job Seeker

Education
B.S. in Financial Counseling and Planning from Purdue University. Basically a finance degree as that is all they offer at Purdue. I'm a fresh graduate from December.

Experience
- Last summer I had an internship working with a Wealth Management Advisor at a well known institution. I got to see the back end and front end sales side of the business. I helped his investment rep. with lots of investment stuff. Making trades, running reports from Morningstar, etc. Also made presentations and went through financial statements of clients.
- Lots of customer service experience. Besides my most recent internship all my jobs have been customer service based.
- Know basically everything is to know about Microsoft Office Suite.
- Have experience with many of the big Fund/Stock reporting services as well as firm specific investment software.
- Extremely fast hands on learner. Show me what to do while I'm doing it and I will have it down in no time.

Looking for
Primarily looking for a finance related position somewhere in the Columbus area, but really I'm looking for anything that pays a decent wage. My initial job that I was supposed to have didn't end up happening so I'm in a new city unemployed.

NOT looking for
Sales or prospecting/marketing for Insurance salesman. Getting sick to death of those calls. I am not good at trying to sell over the phone. I am not looking for any commission based jobs.

Misc.
- I had a job lined up in Columbus. I moved here, and suddenly my 'boss' told me he was going to have to push back my start date a few weeks. No problem I thought and didn't think anything about it as I figured he just got backed up on a bunch of stuff at once. A couple weeks go by with me giving him calls/messages about when my start date was with no luck. Eventually he called me and said the position was no longer available and he was in fact hiring no one for the position. I had not signed anything to that point (big mistake I guess) even though I had went through a phone + 2 physical interviews so I was out of luck. Now have been looking for anything else in the area as I moved in with my girlfriend who got a really good job in the city.
- I'm a hard worker and have good references if you need them from my previous internship. I was offered a job with my internship but turned it down because I wanted to move with my girlfriend and had a lead already set up. That position is obviously filled now so I can't go back either.

Contact me at jhebenst at gmail dot com or PM me on the forums if you would like. If you think I could work please let me know!

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Sits on Pilster posted:

Job Opening - Greater Seattle Metro Area

OFFICE COORDINATOR & MARKETING DIRECTOR

Please contact me at nellenbu (at) gmail (dot) com. Thank you.

Sent you an email. Thanks.

moana
Jun 18, 2005

one of the more intellectual satire communities on the web
Job Openings
Position: Full-time SAT tutor and part-time academic tutors. Training would start this summer.

This is the job ad for the full-time position:
----------------------------------------------
Hammer provides one to one tutoring for the SAT, ACT, ISEE and most academic subjects. We're looking to hire a tutor for standardized tests: SAT, ACT, and ISEE. If you’re one of the rare few who can not only ace standardized exams, but also explain them, please read on.

What we're looking for in a candidate:

At least a bachelor's degree.
Stellar academic history with GPA and test scores to prove it.
Math and Reading scores of 700+ on SAT or 32+ on ACT.
Passion for teaching and/or coaching.
Commitment to making doing what it takes to help your students excel.
Willingness to work evenings and weekends. Most tutoring takes place between 2p and 8p, M-Th, and all day, Sa-Su.
Minimum 2-year commitment

Benefits:

Extensive training
Ongoing support from established team of tutors
Flexible schedule
High quality, proven curriculum
Ability to help students increase their college options
Early stage employment with a growing education company

Compensation:

For months 1-3, you will be on salary of $2k per month.
After month 3, you will be placed on hourly between $25 and $35 per hour. Our experienced tutors typically earn $40k to $50k + yearly bonus.

Reimbursement for cell phone and health care premiums.
How does Hammer compare?

We're a private company with one location. This allows us flexibility in every facet of our business. We can quickly make company-wide decisions. Employee contributions are encouraged and, in fact, necessary. Financial rewards pass to our employees, not shareholders. Consequently, we pay our exceptional coaches considerably more than the large test prep companies.

Must I have prior SAT tutoring experience?
No, but tutoring experience is helpful. If you have the right personality, we can teach you to be a great tutor.

Is this job part-time or full-time?
Full-time, but it's not a 9-to-5. Most test prep tutors spend 20-40 hours per week with students.

Can I set my own schedule?
Tutors set their schedules directly with their students. However, most students prefer to meet weekdays between 3p and 8p anytime on Saturday and Sunday. We require all tutors to work M-Th and a Sa or Su.

Does this job have growth potential?
Absolutely, we encourage all team members to get involved in every aspect of the business from curriculum development to marketing.

If you’re interested, send an e-mail to jobs [at] hammerprep.com with the subject “I wanna tutor at Hammer” that includes:

List of degree(s) and respective GPA(s)
Prior test scores (SAT, ACT, SAT Subject Tests, GMAT, MCAT, etc.)
A brief description of why you want to tutor at Hammer.
Resume as an attachment
We will reply to all qualified candidates.
----------------------------------------------

Make sure you mention that you heard about the job posting through me (yes, Moana, that is my real name). Feel free to PM me or post here if you have any questions.

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004
Position filled

Csixtyfour fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 25, 2011

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
Job Opening
Part Time Position: Entry level retail, keyholder, some responsibility, less than 20 hours a week.

Generic Job Description:
Clothing sales for big and tall men's clothing. Will be helping customers find the right sizes, wardrobing, ringing up transactions, and doing stock work. Open 11-6 most days, so no crazy hours

Additional Generic job description:
Put stock away, clean, and always look busy. Will be dealing with a lot of cranky, old, and/or fat people, in any combination of the 3, upto all 3. If that bothers you, stay away. Should probably be outgoing, smart (lot of microsoft and tech company employees shop here), and know something about clothing.

Benefits:
um, employee discount...

PM/Email me for more information:

mike.dereske@gmail.com

Athazagoraphobia
Jan 30, 2005

We built this kitty. We built this kitty on rock and roll!

Flushmonkii posted:

I currently work at LivingSocial in Washington DC. We've been expanding at a crazy rate and are always looking for hungry and outgoing people to help us grow.

The jobs we have listed on the jobs page https://www.livingsocial.com/jobs is everything that is being recruited for right now. Use my referral link so you cant cut through muck [edit]PM for the link[/edit]

I might also be able to talk to recruiting directly on a case by case basis, just shoot me a PM.

I didn't see this earlier. I just applied to a Consumer Advocate position in DC. Unfortunately, I don't have PMing. My email is as2239 at georgetown dot edu though and I'd really appreciate a chance to talk to you about working for LivingSocial. Cheers.

gabi
Sep 10, 2008

Csixtyfour posted:

A great job.
How sad is it that this would be a six-hour-a-day commute with tolls from where I'm currently living, but I'm still seriously considering it anyway? If I hadn't just signed a lease I'd be all over this.

hug your babies
Aug 25, 2004
hug your babies
none

hug your babies fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Feb 24, 2013

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
x

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Nov 12, 2019

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Flushmonkii posted:

I currently work at LivingSocial in Washington DC. We've been expanding at a crazy rate and are always looking for hungry and outgoing people to help us grow.

Hi if you could e-mail me sarahcjcollege@hotmail.com that'd be great.

I was wanting to know more about the Special Projects and Design Associate Position in NYC.

Primitive Screwhead
Dec 11, 2007
Yes sir, listening. No sir, no touching.
Can someone not unemployed and poor as gently caress PM Flushmonkii and ask him/her to come back to the thread? Three of us have now asked for more info (I did about a month ago). I can only speak for myself in that I haven't heard anything from Flushmonkii. I will add you to my friends list!

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Primitive Screwhead posted:

Can someone not unemployed and poor as gently caress PM Flushmonkii and ask him/her to come back to the thread? Three of us have now asked for more info (I did about a month ago). I can only speak for myself in that I haven't heard anything from Flushmonkii. I will add you to my friends list!

I tracked him down on LinkedIn, but haven't heard anything.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Flyboy925 posted:

Job Opening
Part Time Position: Entry level retail, keyholder, some responsibility, less than 20 hours a week.

Generic Job Description:
Clothing sales for big and tall men's clothing. Will be helping customers find the right sizes, wardrobing, ringing up transactions, and doing stock work. Open 11-6 most days, so no crazy hours

Additional Generic job description:
Put stock away, clean, and always look busy. Will be dealing with a lot of cranky, old, and/or fat people, in any combination of the 3, upto all 3. If that bothers you, stay away. Should probably be outgoing, smart (lot of microsoft and tech company employees shop here), and know something about clothing.

Benefits:
um, employee discount...

PM/Email me for more information:

mike.dereske@gmail.com

Is this at Kaufman's?

Guiness13
Feb 17, 2007

The best angel of all.
Job Seeker

Education:
Currently working towards second Bachelors in Paralegal Studies
Eastern Michigan University

Bachelor of Science in History
EMU as well.

Experience:
Over 6 years office and library experience at University's Library
3 years retail experience

What I'm Looking for:
Ideally, I'm looking for a part-time Office Assistant position in a law firm. I have experience with working phones, filing, and have strong research and analysis skills. I would like to turn such a position into an internship once I have reached that point in my degree. Barring that, I'm also looking for similar positions in any office.

I have my resume ready to send out.

Please send any questions to jbendict36 at gmail dot com

The Peacock
Dec 3, 2010
Job Seeker

I have a resume ready.

Please send any questions to []

The Peacock fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Feb 22, 2022

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver

Moose Bigelow posted:

Is this at Kaufman's?

Sorry for the delay, I had the holiday weekend off, and then right back in the mix of things. Not at Kaufman's, they went out of business a year ago. We're the other place. I did get your resume, and will look it over with the other manager, and let you know. Check your email soon!

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

Job Opening
Full time English tech reviewer

I updated my initial post with the new details. If you have any questions at all, feel free to contact me (AIM and GMail info in profile, PM me, etc.). I'll be on a business trip until June 9th, during which time I probably won't have the internet. I'll be sure to reply to everyone once I get back!

3 Stacked Midgets
Jul 29, 2004
Triple Threat
Job Openings

Also other major cities for Community Manager positions
Relocation OK for exceptional candidates
Hiring bonuses for most technical positions

This is for an innovative location-based startup focused on iPhone and Android platforms. Expect to have your work chattered about multiple times a month in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, and Techcrunch. We offer competitive salaries, a fun + tight-knit work environment, and solid benefits.

We have a ton of openings.

They include (in order of need):

Web developer (front end)
Android engineer
iPhone Engineer
Senior level graphic designer
Senior systems administrator
Community manager (Chicago or other major US cities)
QA Engineer (3-5 years exp.)
Senior level product manager

And more! Send me a private message or e-mail me at jkhewitt at gmail dot com with your CV and links to any web pages or social media profiles you want me to review.

Feel free to chat with me on Google Talk even if you're just curious about a position. We're also looking for both non-technical and technical interns for paid positions. I can provide more job listing details available on request.

On a personal note, my career started through a job posting on the SA forums. I have a personal interest in paying it forward to other goons. Also, if you're not interested in working where I do for whatever reason, I can hook you up with a job at another startup in Silicon Valley (if you're qualified).

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Job Seeker

Education:
BAs in Criminal Justice & Anthropology

Experience:
Over 6 years in IT doing hardware repair and virus removal, a year of substitute teaching, a year as a currency and paperwork courier and four months interning as a jail interviewer for the Public Defender.

What I'm Looking for:
I'm trying to get out of IT. After years of working on computers I've found there to really not be a lot of excitement in it for me anymore. Jacksonville's currently on a great big hiring freeze though and I'm not really young and invincible enough to make a good police officer. I'm interested in investigation and some officers I've worked with while interning were impressed with my patience when dealing with tough interviews.

Please send any questions (or advice, I could use some!) to my PM box. I have a nice, professional email address, but Career Builder and Monster have filled it to the brim with spam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
edit: gone

rotinaj fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 26, 2016