Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lamuella posted:

sadly for them, their funniest moment was unintentional and involved magnets.

I dunno, to me their funniest moment involved "Fat gently caress Barrel Boy."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The next week of Observer audio is absurd (although Schiavello and Gross can go to hell.)

quote:

--A few notes regarding upcoming guests on radio shows. Michael Schiavello won't be on today's Wrestling Observer radio due to having issues at his hotel in the U.K., where he's getting ready to broadcast Saturday night's BAMMA show. We are working on getting him on the show shortly. Jens Pulver will be doing the show next week. Josh Gross of ESPN.com will be a guest tonight talking about Chael Sonnen and MMA. Bret Hart is scheduled for tomorrow and Brock Lesnar is scheduled for next week.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

MassRayPer posted:

The next week of Observer audio is absurd (although Schiavello and Gross can go to hell.)

What the gently caress? Why would they put Gross on? Jesus.

But Brock? What in the world is going on?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I am THE BIGGEST Jens Pulver mark. This'll be great.

And Hitman will be awesome too. I love how geeky enough Bryan is that whenever they do a long, serious wrestling discussion (like with Stone Cold) Bryan will go:

"... so about those matches with Brett Hart you did..." and the entire world goes *mark!*

Meanwhile Dave is going "So back in WCCW..."

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

What are the best Observer wrestler interviews?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Bruno Sammartino every time

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

What the gently caress? Why would they put Gross on? Jesus.

Gross was one of the few guys at the Chael Sonnen hearing today. I'm pretty sure Dave realizes he's a hack, but they could use someone for a report on that.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

jeffersonlives posted:

Gross was one of the few guys at the Chael Sonnen hearing today. I'm pretty sure Dave realizes he's a hack, but they could use someone for a report on that.

"So Josh, what happened at the hearing?"

"Sonnen is suspended indefinitely."

Then they just blare static at him until he hangs up. That I would listen to.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Bryan Danielson from 2007 or so is great.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

"So Josh, what happened at the hearing?"

"Sonnen is suspended indefinitely."

Then they just blare static at him until he hangs up. That I would listen to.

I don't like Josh Gross but he provided some useful information about the hearing and fleshed a few things out. I will take him over Todd Martin.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ChampRamp posted:

Goddamn right. The first one especially though.

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

I don't know how to put this but I hope granny dies. Those segments are always poo poo. Sorry Bryan.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Deadpool posted:

Goddamn right. The first one especially though.

Is that the one where he talks about fighting the monkey? Because that one must be heard.

Well, all of them must be heard, but you know what I mean.

MassRayPer posted:

I don't like Josh Gross but he provided some useful information about the hearing and fleshed a few things out. I will take him over Todd Martin.

Well now you've piqued my interest, and I might have to give it a listen. Although I will counter that being more tolerable than Todd Martin isn't a major accomplishment.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

A BALLIN LUNCH!! posted:

I don't know how to put this but I hope granny dies. Those segments are always poo poo. Sorry Bryan.
You can skip those segments. That's what I do...there's no need to say that.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Hi this is Dave Lagana and *PHONE STATIC*....but I then *STATIC*...and then I *STATIC*

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Was a good interview though, despite the phone static.

The Formerly Creative stuff is great, and is just insane hearing how hosed up the WWE is. IWW and Colt's podcast are the two things I subscribe to these days.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Excalibur is always such a great interview. I can listen to the guy for hours.

I think DKP is gonna have him on before ASW.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

ChampRamp posted:

The story of him fighting a gorilla/ape whatever was amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TNA Impact: Bogglefuck Matters!

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Is "Cold Blood" Matt Hardy's finisher really called the ICE PICK?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

"TomWaitsForNoMan" posted:

Yup. It's pretty horrible.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Deadpool posted:

TNA Impact: Bogglefuck Matters!

You can buy bogglefuck mugs and bumper stickers!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I think he left the WWE partially because they wouldn't let him use that gimmick (That gimmick, and "Dark Angel" Matt Hardy)

I don't even get it, he's exactly the same as he always is. There's absolutely no change in his character or costume, or anything.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Flameingblack posted:

"Dark Angel" Matt Hardy

You mean "Angelic Diablo" Matt Hardy. "Dark Angel" would be poo poo, but many levels of poo poo better than that

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Doesn't Christopher Daniels have the dark angel thing already anyway? Or fallen angel or some sounds-cool-in-junior-high type poo poo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Doesn't Christopher Daniels have the dark angel thing already anyway? Or fallen angel or some sounds-cool-in-junior-high type poo poo.
Daniels is still the "Fallen Angel" but he really hasn't worked that gimmick since Triple X split up (The first time)

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Granny was in fine form on this B&V, I don't know why people wish her dead :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Also, "Fallen Angel" is only moderately stupid, while "Angelic Diablo" is :catstare:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Endorph posted:

Also, "Fallen Angel" is only moderately stupid, while "Angelic Diablo" is :catstare:

I hate Matt Hardy, but Fallen Angel sounds more like something a sad fat girl would call herself than Angelic Diablo

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I don't know if you've ever seen it, but he essentially pulls guard and applies the devastating double underhooks. So he essentially dry-fucks his opponent into submission

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhTYXkWSHQA

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

I hate Matt Hardy, but Fallen Angel sounds more like something a sad fat girl would call herself than Angelic Diablo
Fallen Angel sounds like the internet handle of a teenaged girl, Angelic Diablo sounds like the internet handle of a teenaged girl who kills people and hides their heads in her fridge.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

I usually skip her segments but I listened today and didn't regret it. Mostly for Bryan's speeding story though.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

triplexpac posted:

I like Granny segments but I can't expect everyone else to enjoy them.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Larry Matysik has some fantastic Savage stories on the new WOR.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
"aaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!"

~Bryan Alverez, during the IMPACT WRESTLING review on the 5/20/11 Bryan & Vinny Show (56:30 in).

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

MassRayPer posted:

Larry Matysik has some fantastic Savage stories on the new WOR.

Is this one a freebie or subscriber-only?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Sub only

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Which podcast archive would I go under to find these great wrestler interviews?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Either F4D or Observer Radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Things like Brett Hart and Steve Austin are in the Observer Radio archive, older ones are in the Archive in the "Radio Shows" forum of the Board.

• Locked thread