Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

XIII posted:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this, but Speaky's new mashup is out

http://speakyblog.blogspot.com/

Didn't really like Speaky's first couple efforts, but this newer stuff seems quite a bit better. Thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

^No problem. I liked Greatest Spits (at least most of it), but this one does seem a lot more focused. I was surprised it hadn't already been mentioned.

Lagomorpha
Feb 17, 2009

Lagomorpha fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Nov 13, 2011

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
"I'm looking for artists, please. I'm a princess and I'd like to produce a festival for little animals, so pretty and charismatic from the Galapagos Islands. It hurts me to see them suffer - help these cute little guys please. I have to do this or I can't graduate from my <prep school ?>. It's for my thesis and I have to produce it or <I have no idea>.

I like music like Ricky Berger, Gavin Castleton, Dissent, Le Castlevania, Mike Relm and Steve Aoki, they are perfect for my festival, no? I think so! Something like Blow Up SF!"

-Some guy with 3 years of Canadian high school Spanish, probably messed up the idiomatic parts like "princess".

Lagomorpha
Feb 17, 2009

Lagomorpha fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Nov 13, 2011

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I hope one of you is a closet Steely Dan fan

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

I loving hate this stupid planet. Everytime I have half a good idea someone beats me to it by a goddamn mile.

At least now I can throw this out and have it be dead in stillbirth.

(Also, this is awesome, and who the gently caress would hide liking Steely Dan?)

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

This is SO SICK. Thank you!

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Gaspar Lewis posted:

At least now I can throw this out and have it be dead in stillbirth.

This has a metric fucktonne of potential and you really should complete it. I love what you've got going there, dude.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

Nam Taf posted:

This has a metric fucktonne of potential and you really should complete it. I love what you've got going there, dude.

Pretty much this. That was one of the better tracks I've heard recently.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
New DJ Bahler album is out
https://www.facebook.com/notes/dj-bahler/free-the-snares/10150325070146110

His last one has turned into one of my favorites so I have high hopes. He tends to break the "rap vocals over rock/pop beats" mold a lot and do other combos, so I enjoy the novelty, I think.

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

XIII posted:

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this, but Speaky's new mashup is out

http://speakyblog.blogspot.com/

I can't give this enough praise. It's extremely catchy.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

This is amazing holy poo poo. They're made to go together!

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

Nam Taf posted:

This is amazing holy poo poo. They're made to go together!

It's... like the latest Muse album.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!
Hey guys, I've been working on a mixtape for an obscenely long time, and recently I played it for other people for the first time at a friend's 21st to a great reception. It's about time I let you guys have a listen, at least to one track as I'm pretty proud of it. It's the product of a lot of trial and error, and a lot of weed. I hope you all enjoy it!

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

icicle bob posted:

Hey guys, I've been working on a mixtape for an obscenely long time, and recently I played it for other people for the first time at a friend's 21st to a great reception. It's about time I let you guys have a listen, at least to one track as I'm pretty proud of it. It's the product of a lot of trial and error, and a lot of weed. I hope you all enjoy it!

this is drat good. thanks for sharing guy!

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
very nice, i like it. i love the use of the "black and yellow" sample.

Aericura
Jun 12, 2003
I will eat your soul.

icicle bob posted:

This is really good.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
I like it too, and look forward to hopefully hearing more from you in the future.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

icicle bob posted:

Liked it, make more please.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Ask and ye shall receive

Thanks for the compliments folks!

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008

icicle bob posted:

icicle bob posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

Love them both! Thanks a bunch!

Aardvark Barber
Sep 7, 2007

Delivery in less than two minutes or your money back!

icicle, that is seriously some good poo poo! keep it up!

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

icicle bob posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

So if we ask for more we'll get more? Because, if so...

Really good stuff dude.

Firehippo
Feb 16, 2011

icicle bob, both of those mashups are awesome! Please share more of them with us.

DJ Dain
Nov 7, 2006
That "Don't Worry, I'm Yours" mashup guy.

(Formerly known as "that Half-Life 2 remix guy.")

icicle bob posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

Damnit. I need to step up my game - you rock!

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

icicle bob posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

Very impressive stuff, liking it a lot!

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Thanks for all the support guys! I just put a new track up, it's short yet powerful, like Rip Torn.

go get it

TheBrothersGrimm
Jun 20, 2011
Hey guys, we are a new duo from Sydney. We have been working on this mixtape for the last 6 months, it contains over 300 samples and is just under 80 minutes! Reception so far has been great at home, but i'd love to know what you guys all think. Feel free to comment, and get it while you can - we're about to go under management and will not be re-uploading after the 100 downloads on soundcloud.
Peace

The Brothers Grimm

http://soundcloud.com/the-brothers-grimm/the-girl-without-hands

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

what about yacht bounce?

http://skratchmanchronicles.blogspot.com/2011/06/what-why-how-yachtbounce.html

The Jenk
Apr 18, 2009

TheBrothersGrimm posted:

Hey guys, we are a new duo from Sydney. We have been working on this mixtape for the last 6 months, it contains over 300 samples and is just under 80 minutes! Reception so far has been great at home, but i'd love to know what you guys all think. Feel free to comment, and get it while you can - we're about to go under management and will not be re-uploading after the 100 downloads on soundcloud.
Peace

The Brothers Grimm

http://soundcloud.com/the-brothers-grimm/the-girl-without-hands

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

I have to say, I really love this.

Emmitt Nervend
Mar 16, 2001

Royal Sapien's Stacked. Over 300 tracks masterfully mixed into an hour long audio wonderland. Not nearly as chaotic as Girl Talk. Truly amazing mix.

http://royalsapien.com/stacked/

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Emmitt Nervend posted:

Royal Sapien's Stacked. Over 300 tracks masterfully mixed into an hour long audio wonderland. Not nearly as chaotic as Girl Talk. Truly amazing mix.

http://royalsapien.com/stacked/

It's a lot more laid back than most mash-ups but I like it. It seems like it would be great driving music. Background music, but with bits that come out from the background occasionally and say "hey listen to me".

I Am Hydrogen
Apr 10, 2007

icicle bob posted:

Ask and ye shall receive

I just want to echo what everyone else has been saying - great stuff. I'd definitely like to hear more of what you've put together.

Ilya Bryz
Apr 3, 2006
I have until the 21st of Feb to post my :toxx: or I will be banned.
So the guys over at Doomtree are putting together a new mashup called Wugazi. It is exactly what you think it is, and it's incredible.

http://wugazi.com/
Sample song "Sleep Rules Everything Around Me" on the website, album drops in July.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Karb posted:

So the guys over at Doomtree are putting together a new mashup called Wugazi. It is exactly what you think it is, and it's incredible.

http://wugazi.com/
Sample song "Sleep Rules Everything Around Me" on the website, album drops in July.

Hoooooly poo poo. This is going to be so good.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Didn't really like Speaky's first couple efforts, but this newer stuff seems quite a bit better. Thanks for the heads up.

No free download? Meh.

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer

piss boner posted:

No free download? Meh.

Just put in $0 when it asks for payment, it's entirely optional.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

RandomCheese posted:

Just put in $0 when it asks for payment, it's entirely optional.

Not so much for me here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

piss boner posted:

Not so much for me here.

Don't worry, I thought it wasn't very good.
(except for the last track which was quite the surprise)