Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
The only one I know that goes through the Summer is the Soccernet one, but it's not great. It's very dry compared to the likes of The Ramble, The Game or Football Weekly. I just listen to it out of habit really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Soccernet is alot better than The Game. I find Paddy Barclay insufferable even when I agree with some of his ideas.

One podcast that probably runs through the summer is Beyond the Pitch. Its a decent interview show. Theres probably a bunch of MLS podcasts thatll hold steady but who cares right?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Really? I much prefer The Game, though it depends who's on it. Really don't like Barkley, though and find I disagree with him on most things.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

The Game's quick hits section is also a joke. You dont need time constraints on a podcast and interrupting a response with a loud horn or rattle aint easy on the earbuds. Dont know what Marcotti was thinking on that one.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, you're right on that one.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I stopped listening to the Game because of Barclay. He's just insufferable.

Chivas Aribas!
May 21, 2007
What good MLS podcasts are out there? I just started downloading Major League Soccer Talk's podcast and it is pretty good. I want to try and get into the league over the Summer.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Legit nothing good about The Game podcast.

Oh wait, Phil Jupitus doesn't host it any more, that's an improvement.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Chivas Aribas! posted:

What good MLS podcasts are out there? I just started downloading Major League Soccer Talk's podcast and it is pretty good. I want to try and get into the league over the Summer.

MLS itself puts out an ExtraTime podcast which is a bunch of dudes shouting over each other.

Probably better to stick to the SI Soccer Podcast with Grant Wahl and Jen (yawn) Chang.

e: facts

Mandalay fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 28, 2011

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

I'm sure most of you know already, but Soccernet and the Football Ramble came back last week. Think The Game's out on Monday and Football Weekly on Thursday. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of those.

Soccernet was same as ever, not listened to The Ramble yet.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
The intro to the new Ramble was hilarious :)

I listen to Football Weekly, Ramble, some Beyond the Pitch as my main ones, which is a lot of hours in a week really.

I'd also like to recommend a short one for people interested in the J League and Japanese players:

The Football Japan Minutecast is hosted by a really nice guy, Ben Mabley, who gives you the dirt on the past week in a number of minutes you can count on your hands.

Here is the link or just use iTunes.

http://minutecast.footballjapan.jp/

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Mickolution posted:

Soccernet was same as ever

How to make your pod more dull - add another navel-gazing Arsenal pundit.

hadji murad posted:

The Football Japan Minutecast is hosted by a really nice guy, Ben Mabley, who gives you the dirt on the past week in a number of minutes you can count on your hands.

Here is the link or just use iTunes.

http://minutecast.footballjapan.jp/

Thanks for this, I really have to compile a proper list and update the OP.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

MoPZiG posted:

How to make your pod more dull - add another navel-gazing Arsenal pundit.

Haha, exactly. I don't know why I still listen, routine I guess. Also, since they moved it to another day, they're all spread out over the week now.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mickolution posted:

Football Weekly on Thursday.

About loving time. I don't know how much longer I can last before hearing that jingle, some terrible puns and Sid Lowe in Spain saying "Caveat".

ReleasetheKracker!
Oct 8, 2010

by Ozmaugh
The only North American soccer podcast I can stand is The Footy Show.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2011/08/10/club-by-club-epl-season-preview-podcast-series-part-1/

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Always knew there was something up with Greg Ruffley. Taking your wife's name :wtc:

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

R.I.P. Bundesliga Podcast

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Chappers' Premier League Podcast. This was really decent. Not quite as good as Football Weekly, but not far off. The guys weren't as witty, but they had the odd funny moment, and Graham Poll, while a dick, was a fascinating guy to have every week when he was being less a twat and more an insight on referees and the footballing infrastructure.

While Chappers is still around on Radio 5 on much less interesting productions (though I hold my head in my hands and sob while admitting I kinda like Robbie Savage), sad to see his Prem League podcast go.

Anyone know if they have got a new host, renamed the podcast and started for another season? It seems they have just stopped . . .

Funso Banjo fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Aug 24, 2011

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

LordPants posted:

About loving time. I don't know how much longer I can last before hearing that jingle, some terrible puns and Sid Lowe in Spain saying "Caveat".

Juan Mata:

I made a custom Football Weekly shirt and nobody commented on it while I was on holiday in London :(

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

So has anyone figured out which club Jonathan Wilson gave advice to over a Eastern-European based striker? Was it WBA and Odemwingie?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

MoPZiG posted:

So has anyone figured out which club Jonathan Wilson gave advice to over a Eastern-European based striker? Was it WBA and Odemwingie?

Yep. Every other eastern european striker playing in the prem last season and this season is at a club that's nowhere near relegation.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
- Love the way they describe Hargreaves as an 'ironic' signing on the football ramble.

- You can download an audio version of sky's sunday supplement which is just a load of journos chatting.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Sky Sports have a La Liga weekly podcast, but it's only available on loving itunes :argh:

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Anyone been listening to The Anfield Wrap? I'm pretty close to giving up on it, bit biased even for me.

etcetera08
Sep 11, 2008

JingleBells posted:

Sky Sports have a La Liga weekly podcast, but it's only available on loving itunes :argh:

You can't get the RSS url into something else?

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo

Mickolution posted:

Anyone been listening to The Anfield Wrap? I'm pretty close to giving up on it, bit biased even for me.

S'awright. The pure aggressive sign off on episode 2 (can't remember what it was about) was pretty cringe-worthy. Actually, the cake part on ep 1 (I think, or maybe 2) was pretty horrific too.

In sum, great show, thanks.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

etcetera08 posted:

You can't get the RSS url into something else?

Edit: Found it!

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Yeah, the cakes stuff is awful, think it's been in a couple of episodes. It's just so horribly biased. The club can do nothing wrong in their eyes and as much as I hate United, the other week when they claimed that Joe Fagan's treble was far more difficult to win than Ferguson's because the League Cup used to be more difficult to win was laughable.

MoPZiG
Jun 6, 2006

Mickolution posted:

All these fancasts are only really interesting to listen to after a disastrous result.

God I wish Alan Davies was still doing a pod after Arsenal's 2-8 defeat.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

MoPZiG posted:

All these fancasts are only really interesting to listen to after a disastrous result.

God I wish Alan Davies was still doing a pod after Arsenal's 2-8 defeat.

http://thetuesdayclub.libsyn.com/

?

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
What's this cake stuff about?

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Lot 49 posted:

What's this cake stuff about?

In a couple of episodes someone came in with some cakes for them. It's obviously just a plug for their mate's bakery, but they make a huge deal over it and it's rather cringeworthy.

ICA
Nov 23, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Boo
Alan Davies is a smug wank.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Balls literally exploding off your feet.

Literally turning into a greyhound.

Literally making time stand still.

Literally not having a right foot.

Literally having the ball served to him on a plate.

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.
Literally leaving Richard Dunne for dead

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I don't find the football ramble as good as it used to be. Don't know if it's because I'm bored of the same jokes every single episode or because going for glold has exposed them as being considerably less knowledgeable than I thought they were.

Football weekly has got even better though, more Honingstein and that serie A guy and less Barney and Ingle = :cool:

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I love it every time they have Fernando Duarte on.

And the glold section where they had to say "up" with rising inflection was quite funny I thought.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Lot 49 posted:

Don't know if it's because I'm bored of the same jokes every single episode or because going for glold has exposed them as being considerably less knowledgeable than I thought they were.

Most of the hints given in that section are pretty drat obscure - especially starting with no reference points like the time period or player nationality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Lot 49 posted:

Football weekly has got even better though, more Honingstein and that serie A guy and less Barney and Ingle = :cool:

More Philippe Auclair :colbert:
Always more Philippe Auclair