Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Which podcast archive would I go under to find these great wrestler interviews?

Also, you can search the various archives to find exactly what you're looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Which podcast archive would I go under to find these great wrestler interviews?

Big stars like Sammartino, Hart, Austin, Cornette, Foley and Heyman are in the Wrestling Observer Radio archive. Smaller stars (although some big ones too) and generally shorter interviews are in Figure 4 Daily.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
SPACE COB'S WO/F4W SUBSCRIPTION CYCLE:

Part One: Buy subscription for awesome radio shows.
Part Two: Month expires, decides to stay unsubscribed for a while to save money (what can I say? I'm cheap :)).
Part Three: Something big happens (Breaking News, Weekly Historically Horrible TNA Review)
Part Four: Resists urge to resubscribe.
Part Five: Hours later, resubscribes. Doesn't regret it.

Repeat. For I think at least 14 months now.

Worth it everytime. :)

Bankok
Sep 10, 2004

SPARTA!!!

MassRayPer posted:

Big stars like Sammartino, Hart, Austin, Cornette, Foley and Heyman are in the Wrestling Observer Radio archive. Smaller stars (although some big ones too) and generally shorter interviews are in Figure 4 Daily.

The Sammartino interviews are worth the price of admission by themselves. Everyone they've had with him has been incredible. The Hart interview this week was decent, although I felt they could have delved a bit deeper into things.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Bret already wrote a very long and very definitive autobiography, so you're not going to get a major career retrospective so much as whatever Bret and Dave feel like talking about on any given day.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
I'm still paying my recurring cost from early 2007. I think I'm paying $6.99 a month.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I don't know if you've ever seen it, but he essentially pulls guard and applies the devastating double underhooks. So he essentially dry-fucks his opponent into submission

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhTYXkWSHQA

Oh my God that's even worse than the STFU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Free DKP with EXCALIBUR AND ROB NAYLOR~!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Maybe it has been mentioned elsewhere, but courtesy of the Tuesday update at F4W:

quote:

-- The Kharma deal last night was her blow-off for the time being. It is believed she'll be out for over nine months.

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/20746/

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Maybe it has been mentioned elsewhere, but courtesy of the Tuesday update at F4W:

http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/20746/

Yeah there's a longer form version in the WWE thread that basically said Vince went, "Bah, gently caress this" for seemingly no reason.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Does anyone listen to Colt Cabana's podcast? I find them kind of fun to listen too including when former WWE guys are on. Luke Gallows(Festus) was on one episode awhile ago and his stories were hilarious.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

weekly font posted:

Yeah there's a longer form version in the WWE thread that basically said Vince went, "Bah, gently caress this" for seemingly no reason.

Ah, okay.

Chatter right now on the F4W board has moved from what anyone is going to immediately assume, pregnancy, to a recurrence of a bad back injury. Who knows?

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

KungFu Grip posted:

Does anyone listen to Colt Cabana's podcast? I find them kind of fun to listen too including when former WWE guys are on. Luke Gallows(Festus) was on one episode awhile ago and his stories were hilarious.

I listen to almost every one. Not so much when the guest is someone I don't really care about. I go back to the earlier ones too, Armando Estrada and Mikey from the Spirit Squad were both interesting interviews.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
edit: wrong thread.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Johnny Gargano interview is really funny. Check it out if you have the chance.

Stone Cold: You're going home.
Johnny: What?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

LordPants posted:

The Johnny Gargano interview is really funny. Check it out if you have the chance.

What podcast?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
May 24 Figure Four Daily with Johnny Gargano: Awesome Japan stories, breaking his back, DGUSA, more

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 25, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

All the Rich Swann stories... surprised he didn''t get el kabonged.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan and Vinny kicks off with
One of Macho's rap tunes.

:)

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

LordPants posted:

Bryan and Vinny kicks off with
One of Macho's rap tunes.

:)

Bryan played one after every single break on Observer live. It was amazing.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 25, 2011

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It's not buffering, so I'm guessing I need to buy an account. That, or after about two years of IT threatening to cut people's net usage who stream media at work has finally started happening

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

Rythian posted:

Armando Estrada

He's back as Tyson Kidd's manager on superstars YES!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

It's not buffering, so I'm guessing I need to buy an account. That, or after about two years of IT threatening to cut people's net usage who stream media at work has finally started happening

Nope, not free.

Also, the spoiler above. gently caress yeah!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

gibsonisacripple posted:

Is his new gimmick to have a different manager every week? At least Hayes is gone, cannot stand that dickhead.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

gibsonisacripple posted:

Escucha me, Escucha me. EVERYBODY listen... haha! To me! My naaaaaaaaaame is Arrrrrrrrrmandooooooooooo Aleeeeeeejaaaaaaandrooooooooooooo Estrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrada! haha!

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Everyone should listen to today's Bryan and Vinny show just for the reaction Bryan has to watching Orton's super awesome split jump.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Hey dhsban thanks for the super long SWF today it hepled me get through a really painful root canal.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

RandolphCarter posted:

Hey dhsban thanks for the super long SWF today it hepled me get through a really painful root canal.

Was it caused by listening to Larry HO HO HO

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS
Too much audio to get through today. Just listened to Brock and it wasn't the best interview but he's understandable a bit downbeat at the moment.

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

KungFu Grip posted:

Colt's show is great, and the Gallows interview was particularly good, but it just made me more frustrated to learn that that he's got a ton of personality that never came through on TV because his two characters were both essentially "Big quiet menacing dude".

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Popoi posted:

Colt's show is great, and the Gallows interview was particularly good, but it just made me more frustrated to learn that that he's got a ton of personality that never came through on TV because his two characters were both essentially "Big quiet menacing dude".

He got a good promo off on an episode of Superstars, when he came out to Big Show's Valentine's Day Massacre theme.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Yeah Gallows always showed enthusiasm when ever he cut a promo about SES and Punk and was pretty into it. Serena too, but they both got shafted by WWE though. Also listening to the Sinn Bodhi episode on Colt's podcast made me find out that Sinn is now married to The Kat, Jerry's old girlfriend/wife in WWF.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 18:20 on May 26, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

KungFu Grip posted:

Also listening to the Sinn Bodhi episode on Colt's podcast made me find out that Sinn is now married to The Kat, Jerry's old girlfriend/wife in WWF.

And they like, sold a dvd of their wedding / a wrestling show or something, too.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

HulkaMatt posted:

Free DKP with EXCALIBUR AND ROB NAYLOR~!

This was a fun show.

Also that tournament they were doing just ended

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Redemption for Race to the Top!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Doesn't Christopher Daniels have the dark angel thing already anyway? Or fallen angel or some sounds-cool-in-junior-high type poo poo.
I'm a little late here, but Dark Angel is a female wrestler in Mexico.

Korak posted:

Everyone should listen to today's Bryan and Vinny show just for the reaction Bryan has to watching Orton's super awesome split jump.
This was so amazing. I pulled up the .gif from the thread they mentioned and watched it on loop while they talked about it. Simply fantastic.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Lone Goat posted:

I'm a little late here, but Dark Angel is a female wrestler in Mexico.

This was so amazing. I pulled up the .gif from the thread they mentioned and watched it on loop while they talked about it. Simply fantastic.

Sarita in TNA is Dark Angel.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The latest Wrestling Observer Radio with Dave and Bryan in Las Vegas was loving tremendous. There wasn't a whole lot of news to discuss, but Dave was in the form of his life. I was laughing out loud on the train.

Bikeage
Nov 10, 2009
Dave and Bryan in the same room is always great radio. Dave's TUF immunity idea with Chael and Jeff Hardy was hilarious. The Lance show around Bryan's wedding when they were both in studio was great too, phone shows suck once you've heard the difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I can't find Granny on facebook :(

• Locked thread