Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Sue Denim posted:

I can't find Granny on facebook :(

"Granny do you want to give your name so people who aren't Facebook friends with you can find you?"
"No."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

granny isnt accepting any new gang members

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
Protip: searching for "granny's gang" on google will not, in fact, lead you to her facebook page.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if these will be funny to someone who's unfamiliar with Dave meltzer, but the first one drat near killed me.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Dave sounds so much different live than on the phone.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Borh posted:

Protip: searching for "granny's gang" on google will not, in fact, lead you to her facebook page.

You can try searching for it on Facebook but you might get similarly disturbing results.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave was in fine form last podcast. I laughed at the reason why banning cell phones from the impact zone won't affect spoilers. And in addition they think THAT'S why TNA sucks.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Wait, TNA banned cell phones from the impact zone? To stop spoilers? I seriously have a hard time accepting that TNA is THAT stupid.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Won't that just stop any Universal Studios tourists from attending? I mean even if they have lockers or something to hold your phone while you watch the show, people who didn't go to the park specifically to watch TNA likely won't want to leave their phone somewhere. Especially only to find out that TNA has swerved them and replaced their phone with a Jeff Hardy t-shirt.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

so at a stroke they've managed to discourage people from going to see Impact, piss off the people who actually do go by making them hand in their cellphones, and also removed any buzz possible from people tweeting about the event? And all this to stop the spread of spoilers, in a way that can be circumvented with a pad of paper and a loving payphone?

This is graduate level stupidity right here.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sionistic posted:

Wait, TNA banned cell phones from the impact zone? To stop spoilers? I seriously have a hard time accepting that TNA is THAT stupid.

They want to keep people from using them to text spoilers. Not ban them from the building.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Their idiot show is taped, what does it matter if the spoilers are 2 minutes or 2 hours old when the goddamn thing won't air for 3 days?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Guess we can add "If we can just stop the spoilers" to the list of ways TNA is gonna turn itself around.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
"We just need to stop internet spoilers"

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

"How did you miss that fight?"
"I went and got ice cream."

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Akileese posted:

"Granny do you want to give your name so people who aren't Facebook friends with you can find you?"
"No."
I missed that and thought they came to the compromise of five new friends a week.

I would have sent a killer cover letter to be one of Granny's picks for a friend.

Naw, I have a feeling we would have been BFF's.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Sue Denim posted:

I missed that and thought they came to the compromise of five new friends a week.

I would have sent a killer cover letter to be one of Granny's picks for a friend.

Naw, I have a feeling we would have been BFF's.

I admittedly don't listen to Granny segments but it was a shorter one so I actually listened to it. Perhaps they did so on the next one.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The guys that call into the LAW are the worst callers of any radio show in history.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Neodoomium posted:

The guys that call into the LAW are the worst callers of any radio show in history.

This post has me very excited to listen to this weeks episode. LAW callers generally fall into one of three categories:
-unrepentant morons
-nowhere near as funny as they think they are
-regular old folks who wanna talk wrestling/MMA

That list is in order of frequency of occurrence btw. Though it's really fun to hear Jason Agnew (who is also not as funny as he thinks he is) rip into them from time to time.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
After hearing Agnew's rant on Kharma on this weeks LAW I'm sold on him just being a prick, what an rear end in a top hat.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Sue Denim posted:

After hearing Agnew's rant on Kharma on this weeks LAW I'm sold on him just being a prick, what an rear end in a top hat.
Someone on RBR sort of went in a similar direction. Sure, the point about it being a possible PR nightmare if the unthinkable happened is acceptable but he went too far...

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Sue Denim posted:

Yeah Agnew apparently thinks that condoms are 100% effective and never ever break or fail. I'd like to see him call Kia Stephens stupid to her face and get loving slaughtered.

What was even sadder was hearing John Pollock (who I actually really like) pitifully trying to say :geno: "condoms are only 99% effective you guys." :geno:

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Yeah, he could have expressed the same opinion and I would have thought it was stupid if he had said it with more tact, but the way he said it just made him sound like an ignorant douchebag.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

The LAW fans on facebook (myself included) spoke out against what Agnew said so he posted this response:

Jason Agnew posted:

KHARMA RESPONSE:

So it looks as though i've got some of you a little steamed with my comments last night on the show. And let me first say i don't take any of them back!

I agree having a child is an incredibly important, perhaps THE most important moment in someone's life... however looking at a woman's career who has spent the majorit...y of her life training, working indies, and preparing to finally one day hit the pinnacle of the WWE. Then to be put into an angle and receive a major push on television, and essentially have the entire Divas division revolve around her intrusion and integration... well I'd say there are other better times in life to decide to partake in the "miracle of life".

This is a very tough industry for women, and there are choices to be made, i have spoke to a couple of the divas about this who have made it very clear to me that they do want to have children but decided that is something they're going to ...do AFTER their career is finished and they've got themselves set-up to provide for those children.

In my opinion, although this may not be an intentional / planned pregnancy it is definitely ill timed.

I wish Kia Stevens nothing but the best.. a healthy pregnancy, a healthy child, and hopefully a great comeback... but if I were Vince McMahon I would be furious at her making this choice at this particular time in her career.

Go ahead and have your fun bashing me now!
Jason Agnew

Not really doing himself any favors in my eyes.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Making this choice? Yeah I'm sure that's exactly what happened.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

clearly every woman who gets pregnant definitely wanted to get pregnant at that time and by that person. It's why there's no such thing as abortions.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

I mean, for all we know she could've been sexually assaulted in which case "blaming" her is all the more revolting.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Oh man I bet Vince turns this into a pro-choice/pro-life angle

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
I don't listen to LAW, but I read that response or whatever and it seems sensible to me. Perhaps I'm missing something.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ChampRamp posted:

I don't listen to LAW, but I read that response or whatever and it seems sensible to me. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Most of it seems reasoned. But it's lines like 'decide to partake' and 'making this choice' that really strike me as ignorant. If it was an accidental pregnancy, and why would there be reason to think otherwise given her career, it seems rather foolish to blame a person by saying their choice was stupid.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

ChampRamp posted:

The necessary context is that he ranted about how loving stupid she was for about 10 minutes on the radio last night.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Hearing Dave try to use a sports analogy with Bryan made up for the inevitable week of hearing about Bryan and Ed's tame Vegas adventures. The worst week of the year is hearing about wrestling geeks exclaiming how wild and crazy they were at the STRIP CLUB getting DRUNK.

I need to invite Coughlin along for some real adventures.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MassRayPer posted:

Hearing Dave try to use a sports analogy with Bryan made up for the inevitable week of hearing about Bryan and Ed's tame Vegas adventures. The worst week of the year is hearing about wrestling geeks exclaiming how wild and crazy they were at the STRIP CLUB getting DRUNK.

I could just picture Bryan the entire time Dave was talking about football. Just waiting for the chance to just somehow change the subject. And Dave just kept going and going. It was hilarious.

That and the Kazarian saga were my favorite parts of last night's show.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

MassRayPer posted:

I could sort of relate to Bryan, because I know and care jack poo poo about American Football. I realize Dave had a point he was trying to make and I understood perfectly what the point was, but he could clearly have made it in 30 seconds instead of 10 minutes. Still, Dave's long-windedness and semi-incoherent tangents have a sort of charm to them, and are part of the appeal of the shows, I guess.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
The thing that shocked me most about Bryan's wrestling bubble is that when Judas and Brutus are mentioned in the context of treachery, he immediately thinks of Brutus Beefcake rather than the guy who killed Caesar

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes

MassRayPer posted:

Holy poo poo there was a raffle and Bryan didn't go to bed until 1 am?

DUDES NIGHT OUT

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Holy poo poo there was a raffle and Bryan didn't go to bed until 1 am?

DUDES NIGHT OUT

Haven't listened yet, but I'm sure he tells tales of his amazing alcohol intake (no more than 4 shots) and how late they stayed up - "YOU WOULD NOT BUHHHHHLIEVE HOW LATE WE STAYED UP."

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
He spent about 10 minutes talking about Granny staying up until like 1:30 playing the slots

Seriously

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Big Bob Pataki posted:

He spent about 10 minutes talking about Granny staying up until like 1:30 playing the slots

Seriously

God loving dammit. Is the show all Vegas talk, or is it at least tucked into the beginning or end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
It's the first half hour

• Locked thread