Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I wish Ippo would have died. His head almost did a 180.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

pnumoman posted:

This is it! This is the secret! Not drawn was Ippo's HUGE, MASSIVE PENIS becoming erect as he fell and propping him up! You can't knock out a tripod!

This loving manga...

Ugh this post is almost as unfunny as the recurring joke its lampooning

Kweh
Jul 20, 2006

ROYAL
STRAIGHT
FLUSH

tbp posted:

Ugh this post is almost as unfunny as the recurring joke its lampooning

Look Ippo's huge penis is the only thing keeping this manga up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Ippo's giant cock is the only reason I can imagine for Kumi to stick with her non-relationship for so many years.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The prospect of facing Ippo's massive schlong intimidated Miyata into fleeing to a higher weight class.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

The prospect of facing Ippo's massive schlong intimidated Miyata into fleeing to a higher weight class.

I don't know if you're joking or not but I'm pretty sure Miyata is still a featherweight, just throwing that out there because I remember people actually thought that he had moved up a class

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

tbp posted:

I don't know if you're joking or not but I'm pretty sure Miyata is still a featherweight, just throwing that out there because I remember people actually thought that he had moved up a class

Eh. I remember them making a big deal about Miyata moving up a weight class, and how it meant Ippo and Miyata would never have their rematch.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Yeah, they kept talking about how his weight control was really digging into his stamina during matches so he might want to move up to Junior Lightweight but I think either his proposed match with Ippo or match with Randy Boy Jr. put that on hold.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Dexo posted:

Eh. I remember them making a big deal about Miyata moving up a weight class, and how it meant Ippo and Miyata would never have their rematch.

No he never moved up a class. Everyone suggested it to him but he didn't.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
True. Unlike every other character, Miyata hasn't done much of anything lately. No, wait. That is very much like every other character.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

True. Unlike every other character, Miyata hasn't done much of anything lately. No, wait. That is very much like every other character.

Wrong, Itagaki discovered he is a god.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Hortism posted:

As poor as the action has been, I'll admit, I'm kinda excited that stuff is actually happening. Sure, it' retarded that he pretty much shrugged that hit off, but now we've covered Takamura premonition and advice, so this could be a one hit K.O to end the match.

Battered wife syndrome summarized into one post.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

It'll be good again. I know it!

Frabba
May 30, 2008

Investing in chewy toy futures
I hate myself for enjoying that chapter.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Just a reminder that this page was like 400+ chapters ago:

http://somemanga.com/alt/Hajime_no_Ippo/503/mf/7/

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Fabricated posted:

Just a reminder that this page was like 400+ chapters ago:

http://somemanga.com/alt/Hajime_no_Ippo/503/mf/7/

Oh my god, I had forgotten about Ippo's dad's hilarious torso on page 16. Holy poo poo that body.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Wait is Ippo really fighting literally every champion in the OPBF because that means he has like a million more

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tbp posted:

Wait is Ippo really fighting literally every champion in the OPBF because that means he has like a million more

He's fighting whomever it takes to a) Always fight in Japan and b) Never face the world. Seriously, would it hurt the manga if he went outside they Konrakuen and had an important fight in some other country? I would at least have some Aoki/Kimura fish-out-of-water jokes.

Even the goddamn world champions flew to Japan to fight Takamura.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
It isn't even that Mori can't or won't depict overseas events. Miyata had that lovely arc in Thailand, after all. But really now. This is a manga that spent what, 4 consecutive chapters on a staring contest? Mori thought that was a good idea, so I sort of doubt that going overseas would change anything for the better.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I actually really liked Miyata in Thailand.. you didn't?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

tbp posted:

I actually really liked Miyata in Thailand.. you didn't?

I'm somewhat dubious of the idea that anyone that bad off could win against a celebrated national champion. But you see, Miyata is japanese and he brings his samurai spirit into play. I'm not sure what a long extinct class of swordsmen have to do with non-lethal sporting events, but still. Samurai spirit.

boneration
Jan 9, 2005

now that's performance
Seriously a whole cunting chapter for one punch, what the poo poo. At least someone got hit this chapter.

surgical scar
Nov 8, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

boneration posted:

Seriously a whole cunting chapter for one punch, what the poo poo. At least someone got hit this chapter.

Two whole vaginaing chapters for one punch. the next dempsey roll is going to last approximately seven volumes.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Just realized that we might be building up to a most glorious one-hit K.O. If we are, then all the pacing of this whole 'fight' would make sense as it's just a huge build-up for Ippo's one punch. I bet it would be a lot less horrible to read if you weren't waiting for it each week too.

More likely scenario though is that the bell rings when Ippo's fist is 1 inch from colliding with his face :suicide:

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Bisse posted:

Just realized that we might be building up to a most glorious one-hit K.O. If we are, then all the pacing of this whole 'fight' would make sense as it's just a huge build-up for Ippo's one punch. I bet it would be a lot less horrible to read if you weren't waiting for it each week too.

More likely scenario though is that the bell rings when Ippo's fist is 1 inch from colliding with his face :suicide:

Most likely scenario is Ippo takes the entire chapter to recover and everyone talks about how miraculous it is that he recovered and it ends with a picture of Ippo looking angry.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Most likely scenario is Ippo takes the entire chapter to recover and everyone talks about how miraculous it is that he recovered and it ends with a picture of Ippo looking angry.

Make that 3 entire chapters and i would accuse you of finding Morikawas script.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
- Yes! I beat him with a single punch! Am I ready for the world coach?
- No.
- Can I finally get a match with Miyata?
- No.
- What should I do then?
- Keep on training kid, keep on training.

jsun
Jun 23, 2004

I've brought you some cake and wine
can't fight the world without getting ready or else this will happen:
http://www.pbfcomics.com/?cid=PBF167-Punch_Bout.gif

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Pffft, The ghost of fighters past won't let Ippo fall down from such a sissy punch.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
What are the current sales figures for Hajime no Ippo volumes? Is there actually still sufficient interest to keep it running now that it's been so terrible for so long?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

JosephWongKS posted:

What are the current sales figures for Hajime no Ippo volumes? Is there actually still sufficient interest to keep it running now that it's been so terrible for so long?

It has been running long enough that it could probably turn into a children's card game merchandise vehicle and still coast another 10 years on nostalgia.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Speak of the devil, The latest gundam series does just that :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
I know. That particular method of giving up on quality was on my mind, is all.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
http://somemanga.com/manga/Hajime_no_Ippo/939/

A New Chapter Appears.

Well that certainly was a chapter.

As expected it was a OHKO

surgical scar
Nov 8, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
the only thing more telegraphed than ippo's fighting is the storyline of his manga.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Dexo posted:

http://somemanga.com/manga/Hajime_no_Ippo/939/

A New Chapter Appears.

Well that certainly was a chapter.

As expected it was a OHKO

I never thought I'd be so angered by an expected result.

DoubleDonut posted:

Ippo has to learn to harness his anger (over the course of five more fights) before he can even THINK of taking on the world.

I'm going to murder you slowly.

Zexerous fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 11, 2011

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I've been waiting on pins and needles for 24 hours to see the reactions to this. Come on guys, don't disappoint me :munch:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

23 chapters on that nonsense.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Ippo has to learn to harness his anger (over the course of five more fights) before he can even THINK of taking on the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I really wouldn't have minded this fight at all if it wasn't for the ridiculous amount of buildup that the chapters had- first how they kept teasing about IPPO'S WEAKNESS and then them just standing and staring at each other during the fight.

But really the fight itself should have have been two chapters tops.