Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Could you explain what that means? I'm assuming that something happened that caused Tacko to lose lots of units or something at various points?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Cojawfee posted:

Could you explain what that means? I'm assuming that something happened that caused Tacko to lose lots of units or something at various points?

It's a map where your units spawn in waves and the graph just shows he had a smaller army for the whole match. He was blaming everything under the sun for losing during the game, and only got angrier when confronted with the truth afterwards :(

Edit: Tacko gettin' mad in match pictures added to the last post.

The Supreme Court fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jun 4, 2011

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks
So one day on my friend's minecraft server he gave everyone admin for about a half hour so they could build a base out of adminium. Rather than doing this another friend ran off and hid a huge cache of admin only blocks like ice and mob spawners in a chest buried underground. Later they visited the server owner's house.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsUSCsnswFM

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
:aaa: Holy poo poo.

I think you would have been doing him a favor of burning it down instead of what you did. I can't even imagine he tried to clean that up, I would have left it as a monument to your efforts and reminder to never trust you again.

Ephrum
Feb 16, 2007

lol rednecks
He dynamited everyone's house a few weeks before so he had it coming.

:colbert:

Born to Hula
May 28, 2008
In the days of Call of Duty 1 and 2 on PC I had a phase where I was tremendously overjoyed by certain maps which had spawn points in rooms with only one door. Think Villers Bocage had some unspeakably hilarious closet-esque spawn points. So long as tking was off, you could get up to 15 angry nazi teammates all staring at each other confused, yelling "GET THE gently caress OUT!!!" "UR rear end in a top hat" and hopelessly grenading themselves.

Chaz GELF
Mar 22, 2009

Mostly Harmless

SynthOrange posted:

APB shenanigans.
I never did get a chance to check out APB when it first came out. I might check out APB Reloaded at some point, it seems interesting (And ripe with griefing opportunity!)

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars

Ephrum posted:

He dynamited everyone's house a few weeks before so he had it coming.

:colbert:

That son of a bitch. :colbert: No remorse at all, then.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Mod Secrets #614 - Experto Crede is the one who bought most of those frog avatars
Here's a special type of griefing I thought of when it comes to Pokemon battles:

Imagine for a moment that you are playing casually against somebody, 6 on 6, 1 v 1 play. You lead off with whichever Pokemon you want to, and your opponent tosses out something a bit unusual, to be quite frank. He tosses out a Shuckle.

No big deal, right? So you attack it headlong, and watch as its health bar moves about half an inch. What? This can't be right. Then it dawns on you: This thing has killer defense. One of the highest in the game. Well then, whatever, you'll just swap out to your fire type. The opponent uses Power Trick. Oh no! Hahaha that won't be much of a threat.

You toss your fire type out. He doesn't stand a chance. You blast him with the most powerful fire-type move you have. You nearly take him out too! He has just a sliver of health left.

Gyro ball.

WTF, your fire type just god destroyed. You don't even have another pure fire type for the STAB bonus, you only have a few Pokemon with fire-type moves. You toss out your next Pokemon, one with high defense, in preparation of being utterly destroyed once more. You pick your move for this round, a good-old-fashioned hard-hitting Strength to take Shuckle out. But the fucker has a quick claw, and KOs you with one hit thanks to Gyro Ball. poo poo, looks like you've lost two Pokemon to his one. Well, that's okay. Now you know what you're dealing with.

So you toss out a fast Pokemon this time, something to hit hard and take Shuckle out once and for all. You succeed! Quick claw doesn't do him any good, and Shuckle faints.

Wait, what's that?

Your opponent is about to use Shuckle

No. No way. He wouldn't.

It's the exact same as before. The exact same. Only this one is an even bigger rear end in a top hat--this one is using Defense Curl over and over again until you can barely leave a scratch on its HP at all. Then Power Trick. Then Gyro Ball. You're on your last Pokemon, but through a stroke of luck you manage to kill that loving Shuckle.

Your opponent is about to use Shuckl

It finally dawns on you.

He only has Shuckles

Based on a true story. A true, hilarious, assholish story. My friends hate me.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Shuckel? Power trick? Gyro ball? What?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Shuckle is a Pokemon. Gyro Ball does more damage the slower the attacker is (Shuckle is really slow I guess). Power Trick switches your opponents attack and defense.

I'm just reading this off the internet so I may be mistaken.

edit: I have no idea how it's griefing though.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jun 16, 2011

BIFF!
Jan 4, 2009

Born to Hula posted:

In the days of Call of Duty 1 and 2 on PC I had a phase where I was tremendously overjoyed by certain maps which had spawn points in rooms with only one door. Think Villers Bocage had some unspeakably hilarious closet-esque spawn points. So long as tking was off, you could get up to 15 angry nazi teammates all staring at each other confused, yelling "GET THE gently caress OUT!!!" "UR rear end in a top hat" and hopelessly grenading themselves.

Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GMAhUUJfS0

Sentient Toaster
May 7, 2007
Not the fork, Master!

Peanut President posted:

Shuckle is a Pokemon. Gyro Ball does more damage the slower the attacker is (Shuckle is really slow I guess). Power Trick switches your opponents attack and defense.

I'm just reading this off the internet so I may be mistaken.

edit: I have no idea how it's griefing though.
This is true. Power Trick switches the user's attack and defense. Quick Claw is an item that gives the holder a chance to go first regardless of speed differences. The real dick move is in using 6 of them. There's normally a rule against using more than one of the same pokemon.

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
I don't really get how he would lose after that though. Quick claw has like a 5% chance of working. And after power trick shuckle's defense is so low that a light breeze would faint it.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

GeckoMissingo posted:

I don't really get how he would lose after that though. Quick claw has like a 5% chance of working. And after power trick shuckle's defense is so low that a light breeze would faint it.

but the problem is that when it used power trick it now gotten really loving strong as well as using gryo ball that gets even stronger due to shuckles slowness.

Dickweasel Alpha
Feb 8, 2011

Supeerme posted:

but the problem is that when it used power trick it now gotten really loving strong as well as using gryo ball that gets even stronger due to shuckles slowness.

Pretty much this. Plus the original Shuckle build I had used with his also includes a Scizor using Sword's Dance a bunch of times to boost its attack. Then you use Baton Pass to switch to Shuckle, and when you use Baton Pass all of that attack boosting goes to Shuckle. So you could theoretically have a medium-defense Shuckle that has a stupidly powerful attack.

I've done a lot of team-building using Lvl 50 Pokemon with a few friends to think of real dick-move teams. Like the Baton Pass team that hands off boosted special attack and defense to that new lamprey electric-type pokemon that knows Levitate. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE.

e: My friend has a Shuckle build that essentially is just Defense Curl, Toxic, Rest, and Gyro Ball. So it defends a whole bunch, uses Toxic, and when it gets low on health it uses Rest. You can't actually beat it at all, and with enough Ethers you can turn it into a war of item attrition.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
If we're talking the most recent games (Black/White), the move Power Split averages the user's Attack and Special Attack stats with those of the target Pokémon. Meaning that if you use it against a strong attacker, you cripple it until it switches; even if it does, you keep the boosted attack stats unless forced to switch out.

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

Pretty much this. Plus the original Shuckle build I had used with his also includes a Scizor using Sword's Dance a bunch of times to boost its attack. Then you use Baton Pass to switch to Shuckle, and when you use Baton Pass all of that attack boosting goes to Shuckle. So you could theoretically have a medium-defense Shuckle that has a stupidly powerful attack.

I've done a lot of team-building using Lvl 50 Pokemon with a few friends to think of real dick-move teams. Like the Baton Pass team that hands off boosted special attack and defense to that new lamprey electric-type pokemon that knows Levitate. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE.
Luring me out of the Pokemon thread to comment, Shuckle also get an advantage in moves or abilities that cause Sandstorm; its Special Defense goes up by +50% (one stage) due to being a Rock-type. (Its dual typing is Rock/Bug.) A Pokemon with Sand Stream as its ability will create a never-ending (unless stopped by another weather) sandstorm. Another fun move set uses Acupressure, which randomly raises a not-HP stat by two stages. This includes evasion, which makes it harder for enemy attacks to hit you.

FrancisYorkPatty posted:

e: My friend has a Shuckle build that essentially is just Defense Curl, Toxic, Rest, and Gyro Ball. So it defends a whole bunch, uses Toxic, and when it gets low on health it uses Rest. You can't actually beat it at all, and with enough Ethers you can turn it into a war of item attrition.
Use Taunt on it, leaving it only able to use Gyro Ball until the Taunt wears off or it switches out.

Lorak fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Jun 16, 2011

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
The only people you're griefing by playing Pokemon is your parents.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Authorman posted:

And yourself. And this thread.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:

Dillbag posted:

And this thread.

This is to be expected at this point.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Authorman posted:

Ya brah, it's a good thing we only play manly mature games like Virtual Lego Land and Guys Shoot Each Other and Space Marine Rides in Jeeps.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

Screaming Idiot posted:

Guys Shoot Each Other and Space Marine Rides in Jeeps.

I unironically enjoy these things.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
Every once in a while I like to do this little thing in WoW to piss people off:

There's a dungeon queing system in the game, it basically assembles the group for you consisting of one tank, one healer and 3 damage dealers. There's usually a shortage of tanks and healers, which means they are assigned a group immediately while the damage dealers have to wait upwards half an hour to get a group. What I do is queue as tank (only a few classes can do this) even though my character isn't geared for tanking, and when asked about it I tell them "i put tank so i que faster". I basically waste a lot of time for the people and they rage / leave the group. Pretty fun.

I also griefed Minecraft a bit. Set up a monster farm so I'd have tons of gunpowder and went off to make tons of TNT. I built small wooden houses under tons of TNT, and had pressure plates which activated the TNT. I usually went off mining nearby, and when I heard a loud boom, went back to the ruins to collect the loot.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
When did pikemon get strategy? When i last played the trick was to just grind up the strongest psychic type.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Dr_Amazing posted:

When did pikemon get strategy? When i last played the trick was to just grind up the strongest psychic type.

I don't play it anymore (and I never really did outside 2v2s with my flatmates from time to time) but it has a scarily complicated metagame

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Dr_Amazing posted:

also after red/blue psychics gained a few weaknesses and lost a few advantages.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Skilleddk posted:

There's a dungeon queing system in the game, it basically assembles the group for you consisting of one tank, one healer and 3 damage dealers. There's usually a shortage of tanks and healers, which means they are assigned a group immediately while the damage dealers have to wait upwards half an hour to get a group. What I do is queue as tank (only a few classes can do this) even though my character isn't geared for tanking, and when asked about it I tell them "i put tank so i que faster". I basically waste a lot of time for the people and they rage / leave the group. Pretty fun.
So you... waste your own time for no benefit? Awesome grief, bro.

oldgoatmon
Jul 4, 2004

Ohhh Bitch, You Got Jacked Bitch

Endorph posted:

He wastes a couple minutes of his own time to waste much longer periods of time for others. Tanks and healers jump to groups quickly while damage dealers waited a while and end up having to get back in line. It's not a great grief but it's something, I guess.

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~

Endorph posted:

Also you can do other things while you are in queue so it is literally zero effort to just put yourself in a queue incorrectly, play the game, and then when you get in the group tell people you just did it to be a dick. So really he's not wasting his time he's JUST wasting OTHER people's time unless he actually wants to do a raid... in which case he probably just actually plays tank or queues correctly.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

This infuriates me to no end, as a game designer. The company that is making a stupidly large profit learns absolutely zilch from their past games. gently caress everything

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
If you just make the same game over and over again, then obviously you cant include lesons from past mistakes, even in the unlikely event that you did learn anything.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Pharnakes posted:

If you just make the same game over and over again, then obviously you cant include lesons from past mistakes, even in the unlikely event that you did learn anything.

What's the point, anyway? The game will sell like hotcakes regardless, and fixing stuff takes valuable time they could be spending earning Scrooge McDuck-levels of cash.

Vita
Nov 7, 2009

Slappy Moose posted:

This infuriates me to no end, as a game designer. The company that is making a stupidly large profit learns absolutely zilch from their past games. gently caress everything

There's a spot in the map Quarry on MW2 where you can do the same thing except in an area about 4x smaller (video coming soon)

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

AkumaHokoru posted:

also after red/blue psychics gained a few weaknesses and lost a few advantages.

I'm more horrified by how absurdly many there are now.

First 151 only 151.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Phobophilia posted:

I'm more horrified by how absurdly many there are now.

First 151 only 151.

Perfect material for a demotivational poster, right there. Every time I catch 'em all, they 'suddenly' discover 200 more... :smithicide:

Fray Joker
Nov 3, 2007

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
Okay, so a friend and I found a way to make people flip out in that new DnD game on XBLA, Daggerdale.

Basically the deal is whenever you talk to an NPC in the game, it warps EVERYONE playing to it and plays a cutscene which interrupts the pause menu. There's a NPC you can talk to who says "Who keeps breaking my barrels" quick enough that by mashing Y you can spam that cut-scene and keep everyone trapped there. Because it interrupts they can't even get to the menu to quit the game properly.

Cue us luring people into our server and then trapping them until they flip out and rage quit. The best thing about it is that it doesn't in any way indicate who keeps triggering the NPC, so there's no way to tell who's doing it. Having a friend in on it meant that we could swap places in trying to escape from the wrath of barrel guy and keep the pubbies clueless.

And if they do for some reason hang around, another funny thing to do is hanging back by the barrel guy. Let people think you're going to let them play, and wait for them get ahead and while they're in the middle of combat POOF "Who keeps breaking my barrels?" That's usually the breaking point.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I don't get why people are so against the new Pokemon games. "It's not the same as it was when I was a child, so it's bad!"

U NO WUT IM SAIYAN
Jan 26, 2003

by angerbeet

Screaming Idiot posted:

I don't get why people are so against the new Pokemon games. "It's not the same as it was when I was a child, so it's bad!"

'People' grew up.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Endorph posted:

The funny thing is it's easy as hell to just kick him and search for another tank instead so his grief is really really weak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Screaming Idiot posted:

They are way to slow, have stupid story lines and the games haven't changed at all since the first game. Pokemon was the first series to truly be recycled over and over again with each sequel.

• Locked thread