Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

Sue Denim posted:

Also, who has a greater '...,ya, know?' to sentence ratio French Stallion or Meltzer?

I'd say it's competitive.

Also says bro too many times. Ending up turning it off halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Big Dave Batista interview is up!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Every time The French Stallion says "Bro," a wrestler gets his abs.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

MassRayPer posted:

The Big Dave Batista interview is up!

Haven't had a chance to listen, but can you confirm/deny if Sinbad's all-time great question was asked?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

ChampRamp posted:

Haven't had a chance to listen, but can you confirm/deny if Sinbad's all-time great question was asked?

It wasn't.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Just finished Episode 0 of the Podcast. Gonna listen through it tomorrow and see if its suitable for sharing as I think we were all working out bugs with our mics/software/etc. I know it started about a half hour late because I couldn't even get it recorded at first. We'll see. It went really well though, despite a lot of first time jitters/obvious mistakes.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Every time The French Stallion says "Bro," a wrestler gets his abs.

I like it when he talks about hanging out with his "bodies" in the locker room. The French Stallion is the greatest thing to come out of France since Camembert. :france:

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Lamuella posted:

sorry I missed it. I'll catch the podcast.

Cheers. I think some of our finest work can be found in the pre-Raw segments of "Wrestling PPV or Adult Film?" and the radio play of Chyna's sex tape.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The first ever PUNCHSPORT PODCAST is up and atom!

http://punchsportpodcast.podbean.com/

Yes that is almost 100% the default Podbean site because I'm not going to put any effort in to fixing that just yet. This is the beta run of what will hopefully become something that everyone in PSP can have a hand in over time. This week in addition to working out the bugs and perfecting the format (five people is about 2 too many) Weekly Font, Grody, MRP, CC and HULKAMATT talk Capitol Punishment, Best in the World, Low Ki and MORE!

But seriously, let us know what you think. This is popping all of our podcasting cherries and we'd like to make this something legitimately enjoyable for all of you.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have podcasted before, Bryan Alvarez took my sweet, sweet virginity.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

weekly font posted:

Will listen later today. Good job on going through with this!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I feel like you guys should pick a wrestling promotion at random and just treat that single one completely kayfabe. In complete deadpan treat everything real.

I don't really watch RoH so the entire middle of the episode meant nothing to me, but the WWE and NWA:MSW stuff was great.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jun 16, 2011

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

weekly font posted:

About halfway through now, and it's pretty good for a first podcast. You do a solid job of leading the show. The only criticisms I have are that like you said, 5 is way too many people, and other than you and MRP, I have no idea who is talking at any one time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

About halfway through now, and it's pretty good for a first podcast. You do a solid job of leading the show. The only criticisms I have are that like you said, 5 is way too many people, and other than you and MRP, I have no idea who is talking at any one time.

Captain Charisma sounds exactly like you would expect. So that should be three you can recognize! I also enjoy that despite not introducing myself my voice is memorable.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

MassRayPer posted:

Captain Charisma sounds exactly like you would expect. So that should be three you can recognize! I also enjoy that despite not introducing myself my voice is memorable.

You and WF are the only ones that sound clear, and I heard your After Dark ep so I already knew what you sounded like. Also, I just got to the point where CC threatened to fight everyone and burst out laughing.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
That WO interview with Batista makes me miss Big Dave :(

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

You and WF are the only ones that sound clear, and I heard your After Dark ep so I already knew what you sounded like. Also, I just got to the point where CC threatened to fight everyone and burst out laughing.

That's our CC. HulkaMatt is the one who is goofy as gently caress. CC and Grody sound identical.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Fun listen to the PSP podcast. If you ever need someone to discuss TNA, I'm around.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

ChampRamp posted:

Fun listen to the PSP podcast. If you ever need someone to discuss TNA, I'm around.

Yeah, if you ever do an entire episode dedicated to TNA Roundtable Discussion it's about the only thing I could ever contribute anything to.

Also whoever was talking about how great Jacques Moliere is forgot the best thing, his claiming "THIS ONE IS OVER!" on every pin attempt.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 17, 2011

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA
If you ever need someone to steal jokes from Bobby Heenan and pretend not to know what you are talking about I am around.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If you ever need someone to make bear jokes and not know who the current IC champion is, I'm around.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
If you need someone to

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds good everyone, great job. :)

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

LordPants posted:

Sounds good everyone, great job. :)

What he said - nice debut, guys! I'm also willing to be a voice on this thing, and I promise I'm not as white-noise in real life as I am in PSP.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Good first show! Weekly font sounds sorta like The Miz and is enjoyable to listen to as a host. Well done.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Good first show! Weekly font sounds sorta like The Miz

No need to insult the man.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

No need to insult the man.

Hey now, The Miz is great during interviews. I'm not talking Smackdown Host era Miz.

The portion of the show talking about Styles at MSW was great.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jun 17, 2011

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

Captain Charisma sounds exactly like you would expect.

This is a lie, by the way. Don't let them trick you!

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Every episode from here on out needs at least 5 minutes of NWA MSW talk.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Just got around to listening to the Punchsport Podcast. It was great, especially when HulkaMatt got (understandably) pissy about annoying PMs and reports at the end.

Do people seriously report posts for bad grammar because I'm pretty anal about grammar but goddamn.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
So you guys are probably aware of what worked, and what didn't, but I just want to say good on you guys for going through with this and I look forward to seeing where you guys go from here. I'll be listening!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I thought you guys sounded so much more enthusiastic when you were talking about ROH and indy stuff that I think that maybe that should be the focus of your show. The conversation was smooth and natural and you guys all seemed like complete experts on the subject. It was entertaining stuff and if I enjoyed it even though I don't watch indy anymore.

It seemed like you guys were talking about WWE because you felt like you couldn't have a wrestling podcast without talking about it.

For the first few episodes it might be a good idea to say people's names a lot so it's easier to learn voices.

--

In other podcasting news, there's been a defection. Team Bring It, you lost one of your biggest supporters this week. In the latest episode of the Big O and Dukes podcast, they talked wrestling for nearly 20 minutes and one of the biggest Cena Haters I've ever heard-a guy who, despite liking Cena the person, has ranted and raved about how Cena is everything that's wrong with wrestling-has joined the winning team and is now a member of CeNation. It was really interesting to hear that his reasons for finally buying in were pretty similar to my own (albeit I figured this out like three years ago) in that Cena is absolutely Aware of his character

If Chad could see the light, my hope for the rest of you has been charged up again.

Rick fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Jun 18, 2011

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The WWE stuff was hard because the product is so dead right now. It's been "dead" for a decade, but there were subjects we could have enthusiastically talked about up until April or so.

Likewise, ROH is about to have one of its biggest shows of the year, so we're gonna have a lot to say. If it were approaching a weekend where they went to Detroit or something...probably not as much.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Captain Charisma posted:

The WWE stuff was hard because the product is so dead right now.

It really does seem that way. Even here in PSP you can tell that people are trying to come up with things to talk about in discussion threads because nothing really worth talking about is happening at all in WWE. It seems strangely slow around here lately.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

It really does seem that way. Even here in PSP you can tell that people are trying to come up with things to talk about in discussion threads because nothing really worth talking about is happening at all in WWE. It seems strangely slow around here lately.

There's only two things really, what's R-Truth going to do for his next silly segment and what's Johnny Curtis going to do for his.

Pennington
Nov 8, 2010

I deduce that this caterpillar is indeed very hungry.
Just hit up the PSPodcast.

It was pretty entertaining, but I would recommend on dropping down to 3-4 people and using a rotation system. Repeat names more often to build up a sense of familiarity, also if you keep this up stick with Weekly Font as the host figure. Again it helps to create structure with the same guy guiding the topics, starting discussions and beginning and ending the 'cast.

I don't listen to many podcasts, mainly the free B+V's and Cabana's but I enjoyed this.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Good listen! I do think it went a little long, though. I'd try to keep them around an hour or so, because any podcast can start to drag after a while. I guess that could probably be solved with less guests on each episode, limiting the amount of conversations going on.

The best stuff is when it just becomes conversational with everyone joking around while discussing things. It definitely hit a good stride with the ROH (and even NWA: Mountain State) stuff because, as opposed to talking about WWE, it's clear that it's something you're passionate about (or at least enjoy, even in the silly sense of NWA: MS) and NOT tired of. You can enjoy it without wading through the crap that's on a weekly WWE show.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I think a good idea would be to have 2 solid people who are on every week and then have a rotating 3rd spot that changes. That way you can have less people, but have a constant fresh 3rd spot.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Echoing too many people. At least for right now when none of you are established.

I would like to see a tighter format - we talk about this, then we talk about this, then this - instead of jumping back and forth and people skipping past points if they dont feel like talking about them.

You should start a thread for this. I think a lot of people are going to miss this if it's buried in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Thanks for the feedback, kids! Way more than we ever anticipated. A lot of it will be taken in to account for next week's episode.

• Locked thread