Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

RandolphCarter posted:

As long as they still do that super awesome high five they'll get over.

edit:
this one

The problem is they would try it on the first night and come up four feet short since WWE's ring is bigger and then they'd forever be thought of as fools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Hirams Bitch posted:

The problem is they would try it on the first night and come up four feet short since WWE's ring is bigger and then they'd forever be thought of as fools.

wwe ring is 20x20. roh ring is 18x18. please know your rings before jokes. please.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Bryan and Vinny show up. If hearing Vinny say they weren't down with that losing poo poo, and gently caress this bullshit. Also, they want their money doesn't put a smile on your dial then... Well I have an odd sense of humour.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

The Shaman of Cum posted:

wwe ring is 20x20. roh ring is 18x18. please know your rings before jokes. please.

That's 76 more square feet in which to get over based on wrestling ability and charisma instead of incest storylines. They'll never make it.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

That's 76 more square feet in which to get over based on wrestling ability and charisma instead of incest storylines. They'll never make it.
Also the ropes are different. Vince always used cables, everyone else used the other kind of rope.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Luckily they'll be in FCW for years, lots of time to get used to the ropes. And the incest storylines.

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
Hes used to Nazi storylines, I think he can deal with incest

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Korak posted:

Also the ropes are different. Vince always used cables, everyone else used the other kind of rope.

No, Vince always uses ropes everyone else uses cable.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
I know the reasoning is probably tradition but that is seriously so retarded of them that they still use rope

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/06/29/formerly-creative-cm-punk/

Lagana and some former creative members discuss the CM Punk promo.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Dshban the Teddy Long Tag Team Match Siren may be the best thing I've ever heard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That was the best non Impact B&V show in years.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I really want to watch that Urban Wrestling now, it just sounds awesome in how terrible it is.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

maniacripper posted:

With good commentators and solid booking they would get the Kings of Wrestling over.

with good commentators and solid booking you could get anyone over. The problem is that nobody gets solid booking at the moment.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Lamuella posted:

with good commentators and solid booking you could get anyone over. The problem is that nobody gets solid booking at the moment.

Nor are they getting good commentators.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

The Shaman of Cum posted:

so... just under 3 feet short?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

I think I'm going to have to buy the UWF show because holy poo poo

It's really nice hearing Bryan and Vinny have fun reviewing a show instead of the soul-crushing despair that is their Impact reviews.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 29, 2011

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Mr. Carlisle posted:

http://iwantwrestling.com/2011/06/29/formerly-creative-cm-punk/

Lagana and some former creative members discuss the CM Punk promo.

WWE Agents: CM Punk? He couldn't kick anyone’s rear end, put over Bob Holly.

Vince succeeding in spite of himself indeed.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Lamuella posted:

so... just under 3 feet short?

It would be like a Shane McMahon Van Terminator. Land on the ground and bounce into the trash can.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Oh hey, confirmation from Formerly Creative that in fact the upper echelon DIDN'T like Punk and they DID want to push Hardcore Holly over Punk when they had Holly beat Punk on ECW. Maybe that will end some stupid arguments that have persisted.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary

MassRayPer posted:

Oh hey, confirmation from Formerly Creative that in fact the upper echelon DIDN'T like Punk and they DID want to push Hardcore Holly over Punk when they had Holly beat Punk on ECW. Maybe that will end some stupid arguments that have persisted.

And that HHH, HBK, and Arn didn't like his work when he debuted. I wonder how long HHH took to go from that to wanting to put him over at Survivor Series

EDIT: interesting that it was ultimately HBK sticking up for him that turned him around

TomWaitsForNoMan fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 29, 2011

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

I'm not familiar with these arguments. Can you summarize and also let us know who was on the wrong side so they can be rightfully mocked?

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hirams Bitch posted:

I'm not familiar with these arguments. Can you summarize and also let us know who was on the wrong side so they can be rightfully mocked?

Meltzer reported in 2007 that Punk was in the doghouse. Said report was backed up by Punk losing clean week after week, often to complete nobodies and scrubs like Matt Striker.

Wrestlehut decided this report was complete bullshit despite the obvious evidence on their TV screens, and concluded that Dave Meltzer was lying to increase readership or something.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Holy loving poo poo F4D with todd basically saying "all fighters can fight every three weeks." They argue this for a good 30 minutes. It's unbearable.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Hirams Bitch posted:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Someone rang? I thought I heard something.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

Akileese posted:

Holy loving poo poo F4D with todd basically saying "all fighters can fight every three weeks." They argue this for a good 30 minutes. It's unbearable.

Todd Martin argues a dumb point for an absurd length of time? Well I never.

(never listen to his shows, that is)

On the positive side, I was backing up some files on my computer, and I found that I had saved all the TNA Adrenaline Flushes and old B&V episodes (far from complete, just some 2009-10 shows that I liked) that I had downloaded. Good times.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Akileese posted:

don't listen to todd martin

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

CVagts posted:

Hating Todd Martin is the only thing that can bring this rough-and-tumble bastard child of a subforum together.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

CVagts posted:

On the positive side, I was backing up some files on my computer, and I found that I had saved all the TNA Adrenaline Flushes and old B&V episodes (far from complete, just some 2009-10 shows that I liked) that I had downloaded. Good times.

Usually Todd just bullshits his way to a point and Bryan gives up but there was no way Bryan was agreeing with him that all fighters should just keep fighting until they physically break down (taking on fights every three weeks). It was the worst of Todd Martin.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRayPer posted:

You were one of the people who disagreed with the assertion that he was in the doghouse.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I still say based on what we saw on television that claims he was in the doghouse were far overstated, since despite all those claims (at least one of which has now been confirmed by people who were working there at the time) he kept moving higher and higher up into more prominent roles in a fairly speedy fashion.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Rick posted:

You were one of the people who disagreed with the assertion that he was in the doghouse.

I definitely did not disagree with it after the Undertaker incident in 09. I don't remember what my assertion was in 2006 since I thought ECW pretty much sucked until a few months into Lagana's reign. If I thought he wasn't in the doghouse after Heyman was ousted, I too was a dumb dummy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I wish there was a way to purge my brain's database of poster's opinions from like 7 years ago but at least it doesn't seem concerned with any of the new people here.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Lagana's podcast is consistently the most entertaining wrestling radio show. You know whenever he tells an inside story that it's absolutely real and not filtered through layers of wrestling journalists and news sites. I just wish it was updated more often than like once a week. The group of people he had on for the Punk talk were great, each with their own opinions and inside stories. I thought it was funny that all five of them hate Kevin Dunn regardless.

I now am determined to watch UWF. That sounds like the most unintentionally hilarious thing.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

RandolphCarter posted:

Dshban the Teddy Long Tag Team Match Siren may be the best thing I've ever heard.

:allears: Why thankyou.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I had no idea there was a second Formerly Creative on the Punk promo but now I have something to do for the next hour

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

I still say based on what we saw on television that claims he was in the doghouse were far overstated, since despite all those claims (at least one of which has now been confirmed by people who were working there at the time) he kept moving higher and higher up into more prominent roles in a fairly speedy fashion.

Well...you can be in the doghouse for a month or two. It isn't like you're condemned to be there forever.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The thing with the "CM Punk Doghouse" was that at one point it felt like any time he'd lose a match or a feud, someone would call bullshit because they wanted their favourite indie wrestler to win every single match. Plus it seemed to be a favourite report by the wrestling "journalists" to say Punk was doing something wrong. Thus it became a meme here and around the internet to claim that Punk was in the doghouse always.

I wouldn't doubt it that there were a few times that Punk pissed off WWE Creative or people at the top and they decided to change plans with him or just soured on him, but Punk wasn't really persecuted while in the WWE. No, losing to Bob Holly is not persecution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
No it literally was because people thought he was getting pushed and that Meltzer was lying (like he always does!!)

• Locked thread