Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Captain Charisma posted:

No it literally was because people thought he was getting pushed and that Meltzer was lying (like he always does!!)

It's kind of funny how PSP, and Wrestlehut before it, has evolved. Once upon a time there were a few Observer or F4W subscribers, and people generally mistrusted Dave or thought he was out of touch. Now, like 20 people or more here subscribe, and he's treated as the absolute authority on pretty much anything going on behind the scenes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

It's kind of funny how PSP, and Wrestlehut before it, has evolved. Once upon a time there were a few Observer or F4W subscribers, and people generally mistrusted Dave or thought he was out of touch. Now, like 20 people or more here subscribe, and he's treated as the absolute authority on pretty much anything going on behind the scenes.

Dave Meltzer hasn't been right about anything since he lost his mullet.

That was the only semblance of journalist integrity he had.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
So Colt did a little bit on his podcast about Punk. It's worth a listen.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I couldnt give a poo poo about how right he is. I just love the podcasts.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Never ever try to make a sweeping statement about what PSP thinks/didn't think, it will always be wrong! :)

I'd say that it is far more that enough people read Observer nowadays that they're able to point out when something is attributed to Meltzer that he absolutely didn't say (or did say but in an entirely different way).

In regards to the doghouse thing, there's hyperbole on both sides here. There were literally people claiming every single loss (or less than dominating win) was absolutely unshakeable proof that he was in "the doghouse" regardless of how it happened, and there were literally people claiming that a loss was a sign that he was being pushed.

Stuff like the "THERE IS NO DOGHOUSE!" avatar came about after he won the title for the first time from memory, and was far more a reaction to the squabbling going on here than the actual behind the scenes booking stuff.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jun 30, 2011

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

The fact that Randy Orton has seen Scorpion King 2 leads me to believe that in his days off he sits at home watching lovely movies on Netflix Instant. This is a good thing.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Oatgan posted:

The fact that Randy Orton has seen Scorpion King 2 leads me to believe that in his days off he sits at home watching lovely movies on Netflix Instant. This is a good thing.

Explains why the Chaperone and Knucklehead have so many views.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
People don't trust the Observer I feel due to the internet being full of people misquoting it.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Rick posted:

People don't trust the Observer I feel due to the internet being full of people misquoting it.

That's a huge part. Another significant chunk are some of the wretched front page articles by people like Joe Babbysack and Steve Te Tai. Before I subscribed, I assumed those assholes were part of the site, and was scared off.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

That's a huge part. Another significant chunk are some of the wretched front page articles by people like Joe Babbysack and Steve Te Tai. Before I subscribed, I assumed those assholes were part of the site, and was scared off.

Yeah they are just people who email Dave long emails and he puts them on the on the front page. If you ever want to sperg out to a big audience, email Dave!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Jay Lethal: "We're just admirers of meerkats!"

AOW is still my favorite wrestling podcast.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

So a bit late but did anyone listen to the observer radio with Luke from tough enough? I couldn't tell if he was just being in character or if the guy really is a douchebag. I'd say it's 50/50 either way.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Oatgan posted:

The fact that Randy Orton has seen Scorpion King 2 leads me to believe that in his days off he sits at home, not wearing any pants, watching lovely movies on Netflix Instant. This is a disturbing thing.

Fixed that for you.

Akileese posted:

So a bit late but did anyone listen to the observer radio with Luke from tough enough? I couldn't tell if he was just being in character or if the guy really is a douchebag. I'd say it's 50/50 either way.

I think maybe he has just the right amount of cockiness and is enough of a self-assured douchebag to make it in the wrestling business (which, of course, is about 150% above of what you should have to be a normal human being). Also, he's a young guy doing his first major round of interviews and he seems hellbent on taking the opportunity to get himself over. It would be interesting to see, a few years from now, assuming he's still around, whether he mellowed out considerably, as seems to be the case with a lot of guys once they reach a certain stage in their careers.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
My name's Gagne and I'm in a rage
And I want Brody in a cage.

:dance:

Yet again the B&V songs never fail to disappoint.

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
Bryan posted a pic of himself and Vinny in UWF shirts that YOU could win. I'm sure this is the first time a lot of new listeners have seen these two fine gentlemen.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

He looks like a little kid

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

He looks like a little kid

The catering service would only serve him chicken fingers and french fries at his wedding reception.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Vinny looks like a legit badass in that pic, the kind of guy who would be about getting money, or that paper.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Vinny looks like a legit badass in that pic, the kind of guy who would be about getting money, or that paper.

The kind of guy who if you were to turn your back on, you might wind up in a body bag.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
He certainly looks like he could be causin' mass destruction.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I'm kind of scared he may be loving my bitches / moving in on my turf. Uncle Murder built this place from the ground up, ain't gonna let no Northwest Honky grab my paper.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

MassRayPer posted:

The kind of guy who if you were to turn your back on, you might wind up in a body bag.
I say that he's a bad man givin' bad men bad looks, a PRINCE among thieves and crooks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

It does look like they were going for Diesel and HBK. Vinny was marginally successful, Bryan... was not.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Listening to old Wrestling Observer Radios from 2008-2009 are so depressing. They bitch about the same exact things they are bitching about in 2011.

Just hit a show where they were talking about Triple H and Shawn Michaels burying like half a dozen guys at once in a promo and talking like it was a regular thing. The more I listen to these shows and dig through the PSP archives it really feels as if WWE has been stuck doing the same poo poo over and over and over for years and years and there isn't a hope of it ever changing.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
They talked about the same problems when the thing started in 2005 since this has been a problem for a decade

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Listening to old Wrestling Observer Radios from 2008-2009 are so depressing. They bitch about the same exact things they are bitching about in 2011.

Just hit a show where they were talking about Triple H and Shawn Michaels burying like half a dozen guys at once in a promo and talking like it was a regular thing. The more I listen to these shows and dig through the PSP archives it really feels as if WWE has been stuck doing the same poo poo over and over and over for years and years and there isn't a hope of it ever changing.
Do we count Cena/Orton/whomever in the same league as HHH and HBK?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Korak posted:

Do we count Cena/Orton/whomever in the same league as HHH and HBK?

I was meaning Triple H was verbally burying groups of people then just like he did recently in promos toward the Undertaker.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Mr. Carlisle posted:

If you're listening to old episodes, you should listen to their review of December to Dismember in 2006. It's Bryan, Vinnie, and their weird old ECW mark friend, who is completely trashed and angry. I think it's the best show they've ever done.

Their Victory Road 2009 review is great also. It's where the audio clip of him yelling "MINUS FIVE STARS" that they use all the time in Botchamania came from.

Edit: Does anyone know any good old interviews? I liked the recent Batista and, to a lesser extent, Luke interviews and was wondering what other good interviews there are in the archives.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 1, 2011

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fish Of Doom posted:

If you're listening to old episodes, you should listen to their review of December to Dismember in 2006. It's Bryan, Vinnie, and their weird old ECW mark friend, who is completely trashed and angry. I think it's the best show they've ever done.

Their Victory Road 2009 review is great also. It's where the audio clip of him yelling "MINUS FIVE STARS" that they use all the time in Botchamania came from.

Edit: Does anyone know any good old interviews? I liked the recent Batista and, to a lesser extent, Luke interviews and was wondering what other good interviews there are in the archives.

I really hate the D2D review. That friend is really annoying to listen to. This is coming from someone who thinks Brent is the funniest thing on this planet.

For old interviews: All of the Bruno WOR interviews are great. Listen to them in order.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
B&V shows with MARK are the best thing ever, I don't disagree with MRP much but he's just flat wrong here :colbert:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i love mark

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

jeffersonlives posted:

B&V shows with MARK are the best thing ever, I don't disagree with MRP much but he's just flat wrong here :colbert:

Oooooh I hated that fucker, except when he ranted about Matt Hardy that one time. He was ahead of the curve on that one.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I liked Mark.

Also if you want to listen to an awesome old B&V show, check out December 21, 2007.

It was the first show I got after signing up, and it's AMAZING.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
My favorite interview was the one they did with Danielson in...2007 I think

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
Mark's description of Melina solely as that screaming whore made me laugh way too hard

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Mark is amazing and I wish they got him back on. Just force him to watch some new PPV and ask for his thoughts.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Just want to add how much I loving HATE Babbinsack. HATE! Even more than I hate Todd Martin.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
John Pollack on Lowki in TNA: 'The man who was fired on Christmas Eve RETURNS'

Tarasenko Tank
Apr 17, 2011

Sue Denim posted:

John Pollack on Lowki in TNA: 'The man who was fired on Christmas Eve RETURNS'
In context, they were talking about how TNA just brought him back with no buildup and how they should have gone about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The LAW has total and utter retards calling in.

"I think it was a worked shoot."

Oh really?

"Punk should win, and then leave the dubdubeeee for TNA where they will use him better"

• Locked thread