Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
PS I am hundreds behind on server donations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

Will donate next paycheck.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Ditch posted:

Will Lariat For Food cardboard signs are being sent right now.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/07/05/puroresu-pulse-issue-198-interview-with-joe-simon/

This week: Joe Malenko!

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
So where would Bernard/Anderson rank all time in Gaijin tag teams?

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Lone Rogue posted:

So where would Bernard/Anderson rank all time in Gaijin tag teams?

I'd probably say below Gordy/Hansen at least, off the top of my head. Hansen had a lot of tag partners though.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It's hard to compare anything in modern puro with what came before. Bad Intentions isn't really a draw, but then no tag team is anymore. They aren't busting out MOTYCs, but they aren't put in a position to.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

It's hard to compare anything in modern puro with what came before. Bad Intentions isn't really a draw, but then no tag team is anymore. They aren't busting out MOTYCs, but they aren't put in a position to.

Food for thought: could they bust out MOTYCs if given the opportunity?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Maybe. I'm down on NJ and NOAH heavyweights as a whole so it's hard to tell whether it's the opponents or them. I didn't see the tag vs Kojima & Maff, which was supposedly far superior to their other tags on the NJ Invasion tour.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I just spent ~$70 on a bunch of HUSTLE dvds without putting in much research, hope it owns.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Where did you find a place that has HUSTLE DVDs?! :aaaaa:

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Bocc Kob posted:

IVP Videos probably.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Colon Parenthesis posted:

I just spent ~$70 on a bunch of HUSTLE dvds without putting in much research, hope it owns.

I was perfectly sensible and merely purchased :

code:
SMASH 01/11/2011 January 11th 2011 [8136]
SMASH 03/11/2011 March 11th 2011 [8138]
NJPW 01/04/2011 January 4th 2011 (3 Discs)[2771]
NJPW 08/12/2003 August 12th 2003[230]
NJPW 08/14/2004 August 14th 2004 (2 Discs)[3539]
NJPW 08/15/2004 August 15th 2004[135]
NJPW 08/13/2005 August 13th 2005 (2 Discs)[1044]
NJPW 08/14/2005 August 14th 2005 (2 Discs)[1038]
NOAH 07/10/2004 July 10th 2004 (3 Discs)[628]
NOAH 11/05/2005 November 5th 2005 (2 Discs)[2023]
NOAH 07/18/2005 July 18th 2005 (3 Discs) [G286G287G288]
DDT 04/12/2007 April 12th 2007[5025]
DDT 08/27/2009 & 09/03/2009[4840]
DDT 04/23/2009 & 04/30/2009[8338]
DDT 05/13/2010 & 05/20/2010[2540]
DDT 06/24/2010 & 07/01/2010[4155]
DDT 07/25/2010 July 25th 2010 (2 Discs)[4160]
DDT 12/02/2010 & 12/09/2010[2774]
DDT 05/27/2010 & 06/03/2010[2541]
DDT 10/22/2009 & 10/29/2009[4233]
666 03/07/2010 March 7th 2010[F202]
JWP/Neo 09/25/2006 September 25th 2006[2672]
Ice Ribbon 01/15/2011 January 15th 2011[2327]
Sendai Girls 04/16/2010 April 16th 2010[2547]
Best of Akira Hokuto V.5[5310]
Best of Briscoe Brothers (2 Discs) (IVP Custom Comp)[2861]
Best of Dynamite Kid (2 Discs)[587]
Best of Evan Bourne (IVP Custom Comp)[605]
Best of Ebessan[173]
Best of KENTA & Marafuji[1034]
Best of Kota Ibushi V.2 (3 Discs)[4516]
Best of Megumi Kudo V.4[5093]
Good lord what a sale IVP have going. I take it I'm going to discs in little sleeves and not proper DVD cases?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Despite the terrible name, Dirty Dirty Sheets have some pretty good content. They've just posted an interview with Kikutaro - http://www.dirtydirtysheets.com/2011/07/04/kikutaro-the-dirty-dirty-sheets-interview/

quote:

Let’s talk about your famous match with Kana. We could see you were very happy after it.

K: Oh, yes, she has very big boobs! If it was not a wrestling match, I think I’d be going to jail. But it was wrestling match, so all I did in the ring was an ‘accident.’ Haha!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
How long is this sale gonna last? I think I'll have to spring for that MPro set just so I can show my grandkids what I spent my time on in my 20s.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

apsouthern posted:

Despite the terrible name, Dirty Dirty Sheets have some pretty good content. They've just posted an interview with Kikutaro - http://www.dirtydirtysheets.com/2011/07/04/kikutaro-the-dirty-dirty-sheets-interview/

That site is awesome, thank you. However, I think something got lost in translation with that article, because

quote:

Mick Foley is younger than me, and he wrestled against me many times as Cactus Jack, in IWA-Japan about 15 years ago. He is a great wrestler.

I'm guessing Kikutaro isn't 47 years old.

Illinois Smith posted:

How long is this sale gonna last? I think I'll have to spring for that MPro set just so I can show my grandkids what I spent my time on in my 20s.

I would shoot the guy an email at IVPvideosdotcom@gmail.com. He's on Twitter as well: http://twitter.com/#!/IVPvideos.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

apsouthern posted:

Kikutaro is one of the best comedy wrestlers of all time. Hell, he might be THE best. I also loved his ROH match against Necro Butcher. "You're making me wrestle HIM?

Kana has had the same "Man groping Kana" match three or four times, but I think Kikutaro did it first.

quote:

I'm guessing Kikutaro isn't 47 years old.
He has been awhile for a really long time, but I don't know if he's older than Foley.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Flameingblack posted:

He has been awhile for a really long time, but I don't know if he's older than Foley.

He's 34.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

El Duke posted:

He's 34.
He started wrestling at 14?

e: Dumb math. Dumb math, and taking anything Kikutaro says seriously.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 6, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

Wikipedia might not be the best source when it comes to Japanese wrestling, but he's listed as 34 there, as well as on the Japanese Wikipedia.

Also, Kikutaro has done several matches similar to the one he did with Kana. Any time he's in a match with a female wrestler he does that.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Wikipedia might not be the best source when it comes to Japanese wrestling, but he's listed as 34 there, as well as on the Japanese Wikipedia.

Also, Kikutaro has done several matches similar to the one he did with Kana. Any time he's in a match with a female wrestler he does that.
I loved what he did in the New Year's Indy Bash recently. He just carried around a flip camera and recorded the whole thing in-ring, occasionally stomping someone that was down and filming Dino grabbing someone's crotch.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Kikutaro is the gropeinest pro wrestler on the planet. Kana again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYhyCb7UgOk&feature=player_detailpage#t=74s

Beware, lovely music.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kikutaro is the gropeinest pro wrestler on the planet. Kana again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYhyCb7UgOk&feature=player_detailpage#t=74s

Beware, lovely music.
I think it's more Kana wanting dudes to do that spot, than Kikutaro constantly groping girls.

Nothing beats the Shirai Sisters/Kenny Omega & Michael Nakazawa from last summer though. By the end of the match Mio lost her top, Io lost her pants, Kenny lost everything but his underwear and one sock and Nakazawa was buttass naked.

I guess Nakazawa being buttass naked isn't a surprise to anyone though. He seems to alternate shows with Dino.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Bocc Kob posted:

yeah IVP videos, I spent so much because I haven't seen HUSTLE anywhere else on the internet except youtube.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
HUSTLE is a lot like Raw: some good, lots and lots of filler and crap. But sometimes the crap is good. It depends in part on 'when' the shows were. Circa 2005-2007 is good. 2008-2009, not so much.

apsouthern posted:

Despite the terrible name, Dirty Dirty Sheets have some pretty good content.
Also: Manami Toyota! Devitt! Kana!

Thanks for the link!

edit: Kikutaro *has* been around a while, but I don't think he was ever in FMW as Wikipedia claims. Definitely not older than Foley like he says in the interview, I'm sure that's a mistranslation.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jul 6, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

edit: Kikutaro *has* been around a while, but I don't think he was ever in FMW as Wikipedia claims. Definitely not older than Foley like he says in the interview, I'm sure that's a mistranslation.

The interview backs up Wikipedia re: FMW

quote:

Kikutaro was a hard-core wrestler in FMW and similar promotions before moving to comedy.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Flameingblack posted:

He started wrestling at 14?

e: Dumb math. Dumb math, and taking anything Kikutaro says seriously.

Also DDS' interviews are kayfabe like PWI and the like.

Edit: But still entertaining and enjoyable.

I think the best/funniest instance of that for me was during the his match with Ebekkosan (Ayako Hamada) against Momoe Nakanishi and Kuishinbo Kamen on Momoe's retirement show because it resulted in Takayama coming out and booting him in the face.

Suben fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 6, 2011

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I looked through the most complete FMW result site and his birth name doesn't pop. He wasn't Kikutaro or Ebessan on the hardcore circuit. Also, the best puro profile site only has W*ING mentioned. So I'm leaning towards W*ING.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The earliest cagematch entries for him are from IWA in 1996 and a bunch of those matches were indeed against Foley.
http://cagematch.de/?id=2&nr=1978&v...begriff#matches

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Ditch posted:

HUSTLE is a lot like Raw: some good, lots and lots of filler and crap. But sometimes the crap is good. It depends in part on 'when' the shows were. Circa 2005-2007 is good. 2008-2009, not so much.

I'll buy any DVD with Hard Gay Razor Ramon in it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

I think it's more Kana wanting dudes to do that spot, than Kikutaro constantly groping girls.

so you're saying if I became a japanese wrestler, Kana would let me grab her boobs?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

so you're saying if I became a japanese wrestler, Kana would let me grab her boobs?
I bet you would become the heterosexual Danshoku Dino.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I was watching one of the NYE battle royale matches, and it had Danshoku Dino raping a man in the corner for 20 minutes

puroresu

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dancing Peasant posted:

I was watching one of the NYE battle royale matches, and it had Danshoku Dino raping a man in the corner for 20 minutes

puroresu
I met Dino in person (He wrestling in West Virginia of all places what the gently caress) and all he did was make fun of the way I said hello in Japanese. He didn't try and touch my dick or anything. :smith:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Dancing Peasant posted:

puroresu
One year it was a masked indy nobody. This past NYE the object of his affection was one of the few openly gay Japanese wrestlers (Shinobu). Both were prolonged and, um, quite a bit more explicit than normal... maybe he figures he can shove his hand down a guy's tights if it's after midnight?

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Ditch posted:

One year it was a masked indy nobody. This past NYE the object of his affection was one of the few openly gay Japanese wrestlers (Shinobu). Both were prolonged and, um, quite a bit more explicit than normal...

Is Dino himself openly gay or is it a gimmick like Hard Gay RR uses?

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Pretty sure it's a gimmick done in parody of Men's Teioh and that Dino himself isn't actually gay.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Dino is like kevin steen and Giant Tiger. He isnt gay but does stuff to entertain. Thdre are a few gays on the DDT Pro roster but none of them openly gay

If gou thought the New Year's stuff was gay, MEN's Teoih's "Men's Club" is going to blow your mind. Or load, if youre into it for that

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Flameingblack posted:

Nothing beats the Shirai Sisters/Kenny Omega & Michael Nakazawa from last summer though. By the end of the match Mio lost her top, Io lost her pants, Kenny lost everything but his underwear and one sock and Nakazawa was buttass naked.

I guess Nakazawa being buttass naked isn't a surprise to anyone though. He seems to alternate shows with Dino.

Where can I see that match???? I need it....for a...project!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

MrMondayNight posted:

Where can I see that match???? I need it....for a...project!
There's clips of the match on YouTube, the full match I had to get directly through Samurai TV, through a contact.