Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The latest Bryan and Vinny show is one of the most entertaining ones I've heard in a while. Bryan ranting about how stupid Johnny Curtis and Carlito's entire catchphrase and gimmicks are had me cracking up.

It's a free show right now too for anyone that doesn't normally subscribe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
When I first starting listening to the Observer podcasts I was not impressed with this whiny voiced douche and the sperging, vague, everything is SERIOUS old guy.

Then I started to get the feeling that Dave was trolling to a degree and got used to Bryan's annoying voice.

Now I love it!

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
One of my favorite BnV moments ever was when they were watching the Michelle McCool LOVING LIFE promos live on the show. I wish they did more stuff like that and play WWE.com games more often.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Minitrue posted:

Then I started to get the feeling that Dave was trolling to a degree and got used to Bryan's annoying voice.

Now I love it!

He has this incredible dead pan sarcasm that takes a while to get used to.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

LordPants posted:

He has this incredible dead pan sarcasm that takes a while to get used to.

It seems easier to hear on the shows when both Dave and Bryan are in the same room. You can tell Bryan is watching Dave's face and is laughing along with him, despite Dave still sounding serious.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
So about a week ago I finally upgraded to a touchscreen phone with unlimited text & data so I could listen to podcasts at work to make the day pass faster.

I just listened to the most recent one with Cabana & Lethal, any other notable Colt podcasts I should listen to among the 48 others he'd done? And what other FREE podcasts would worth a listen too (don't feel like subbing to Observer at the moment)?

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Ragnarok the Red posted:

So about a week ago I finally upgraded to a touchscreen phone with unlimited text & data so I could listen to podcasts at work to make the day pass faster.

I just listened to the most recent one with Cabana & Lethal, any other notable Colt podcasts I should listen to among the 48 others he'd done? And what other FREE podcasts would worth a listen too (don't feel like subbing to Observer at the moment)?

Smart Wrestling Fan just released a new episode, check them out. With such features as 'Adult Film, Wrestling Show or Both' and 'A Review of Shawn Michaels' Shoot To Kill Variety Half-Hour', who could resist? Plus, hear audio of their handsome and wonderful Australian co-host asking Michael McGillicutty about his season 2 of NXT Finale promo!

(Note: this is my podcast and this is a plug for it)

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Minitrue posted:

When I first starting listening to the Observer podcasts I was not impressed with this whiny voiced douche and the sperging, vague, everything is SERIOUS old guy.

Now I love it!

The best part is hearing Bryan inhale to move on to the next topic, and then Dave just keeps going and Bryan deflates.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

The first episode of colt's podcast was him interviewing CM Punk and that was pretty great. I would also recommend the LAW but if you can't handle listening to the idiots who call into the show proper, their review show spinoffs are really fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The latest Bryan and Vinny show is one of the most entertaining ones I've heard in a while. Bryan ranting about how stupid Johnny Curtis and Carlito's entire catchphrase and gimmicks are had me cracking up.

It's a free show right now too for anyone that doesn't normally subscribe.

I'm listening to this now (I think?) and while "Keith Mark" isn't as funny as they seem to think it is, I had to laugh at:

"How don't you know, you worked for a hunting magazine!"
"Yeah but it went out of business!"

Plus their complaints about how Shawn's show was utterly stupid and pointless.... and they're going to watch every week.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Karmine posted:

The first episode of colt's podcast was him interviewing CM Punk and that was pretty great. I would also recommend the LAW but if you can't handle listening to the idiots who call into the show proper, their review show spinoffs are really fun.

I've been on a listening spree recently, and honestly, 90% of Colt's episodes are all great. If you remotely know the name of the wrestler, download it and give it a listen.

Recent ones I've listened to that were good: Zach Gowen, Jimmy Jacobs, Davey Richards, Claudio Castagnoli, Brian Kendrick, Excalibur, Curt Hawkins, Dave Lagana, Luke Gallows and I'll just stop there for now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

You are all doing yourselves an immense disservice if you don't listen to his podcast with Cliff Compton/Domino.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Also the one with Colin Delaney, if only to find out how little research WWE puts into it's hires.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Capsaicin posted:

One of my favorite BnV moments ever was when they were watching the Michelle McCool LOVING LIFE promos live on the show. I wish they did more stuff like that and play WWE.com games more often.

Those videos were great. Its gotten so hard for me to remember any specific B&V show moments because I have listened to drat near every one, but I remember thinking that the first time Impact moved to 2 hours those first dozen shows after that were just golden.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

GoutPatrol posted:

Those videos were great. Its gotten so hard for me to remember any specific B&V show moments because I have listened to drat near every one, but I remember thinking that the first time Impact moved to 2 hours those first dozen shows after that were just golden.

WE ONLY NEED TWO HOURS
WE ONLY NEED TO MOVE TO MONDAYS
WE ONLY NEED TO GO LIVE

these knives!
Jan 4, 2007
I think my heart's explodin'!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Give "I Want Wrestling" a listen. I've really enjoyed the Formerly Creative episodes, along with his interviews with MVP and Low Ki.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Today's Art Of Wrestling features KEVIN STEEN.

:stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

Colt decides to talk about kayfabe... there are no survivors.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Capsaicin posted:

There was one where Bryan went through WWEshop.com trying to find the stupidest thing they were selling. I think it ended up being the $10 DX glow sticks. Then he got to the Boogie Man dress up kit and lost it.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

real good interview. he breathes into the mic a lot though

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

I'm hoping that Steen gets pissed off and we get to hear Cabana get his rear end kicked.

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.
Steen needs to come back for another hour program, I wanted some Zandig stories :(

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I'm currently listening to a Bryan And Vinny show from August 19th, 2008.

It's interesting because this conversation happens:

"Bryan: I talked about the championship scramble - They should just add Jericho and call it the six man scramble. He should be in the match anyway since he beat CM Punk tonight in his home town.. which if any of you thought that wasn't gonna happen think again.

Vinny: (agreeing) Then you have not been paying attention to this company for the past decade or more."

We all know by now what the result of the MITB main event is going to be but I just thought it was amusing that they were having nearly the same discussion in 2008.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

We all know by now what the result of the MITB main event is going to be but I just thought it was amusing that they were having nearly the same discussion in 2008.

Do we all know what the result will be? Please write it down here with a toxx to cut your balls off if that's not what occurs. Because even if you're 100% certain that Punk is leaving, it doesn't mean the main event result is clear.

Also they did add Jericho to that scramble, after Orton punted Punk.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
You hear that, Carlisle? Castrate yourself for Hirams Bitch. Cut those balls off for your wrestling statement.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Hirams Bitch posted:

Do we all know what the result will be? Please write it down here with a toxx to cut your balls off if that's not what occurs. Because even if you're 100% certain that Punk is leaving, it doesn't mean the main event result is clear.

Also they did add Jericho to that scramble, after Orton punted Punk.

You, the guy who hates everything is trying to chastise someone about not being optimistic about one of the most foreshadowed main event results in history not being a foregone conclusion.

Alright. Way to get ~WACKY~ about your anger by trying to toxx my balls off, though!

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

You, the guy who hates everything is trying to chastise someone about not being optimistic about one of the most foreshadowed main event results in history not being a foregone conclusion.

Alright. Way to get ~WACKY~ about your anger by trying to toxx my balls off, though!

It's really not anywhere near the most foreshadowed. Perhaps if it were any other PPV besides MitB. But even if Punk is 100% leaving, the odds of him winning followed by a cash-in are just as likely as Cena winning.

And I don't know where you get this idea that I hate everything. I like wrestlers that are good and entertaining, which is why you and I don't see eye-to-eye on much.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I don't see how he "hates everything"?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Stupid arguments aside The Bryan And Vinny Show has quickly become my favorite show in the F4W lineup. It's basically just those two railing on all the stupid things that happened during the week but they've got good chemistry and it works. Most of the 'songs' they play aren't nearly as funny as they make them out to be but once in a while they'll get a really funny clip. Vinny looks nothing like I expected from his voice, though.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Well again it's because we've been having the same discussions for a decade now. You can hear the same "If anyone though x was going to win in their hometown they are a retard" discussion in a ton of F4W and WOLs from 2001 to now.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Captain Charisma posted:

Well again it's because we've been having the same discussions for a decade now. You can hear the same "If anyone though x was going to win in their hometown they are a retard" discussion in a ton of F4W and WOLs from 2001 to now.

But Punk won the IC belt in his hometown, and before him Regal won it in England, and I'm sure there are other examples. They don't just automatically give a guy a win because he's at home, but it's not like they always go out of their way to humiliate that guy either. Mostly they just do whatever they were gonna do regardless of where they are.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Stupid arguments aside The Bryan And Vinny Show has quickly become my favorite show in the F4W lineup. It's basically just those two railing on all the stupid things that happened during the week but they've got good chemistry and it works. Most of the 'songs' they play aren't nearly as funny as they make them out to be but once in a while they'll get a really funny clip. Vinny looks nothing like I expected from his voice, though.

If you haven't yet, go back and listen to the December 2007 Adrenaline Flush for the Silent Night, Bloody Night recap and the episode where they read the Impact script.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Captain Charisma posted:

Seems so, yeah.

Even more amusing on that same show is that Hulkamatt gets his shoutout read. I didn't expect that.

"Bryan and Vinny this is Hulkamatt of Wrestlehut 2000 - I'm the new moderator there in fact. I signed up right before the awesome barbed wire Christmas tree TNA theme show last year and decided to send this in. First off I want everyone to know that I am the number one ranked TNA player on fourdown.org meaning that I've won the second season when it comes to TNA predictions. This means that I understand TNA the most, (to which Vinny says "Kill yourself now") which I find funny because I barely watch that stupid loving show. My tips for next season for all of you are DON'T WATCH IT. It works! My shoutouts to Bryan and Vinnie who we would still welcome with open arms at Wrestlehut, Bryan's harmonica please play it, Dr. Keith, Dave Meltzer, Cletus, The 1984 Bangles, Jerusalem, Davesecx (sp?), Mob, Weekly Font, Linknumbers, The Rob, CapnAndy, Cumlord Ron Paul, Raving sock monkey, freemarketgravy, MasRayPer, McFreeze and Strenuous Manflurry. And most of all Banjo. Sorry goons if I forgot some names - you're all great. gently caress offs to TNA, join the site freeloaders it's a loving steal. Hulkamatt."

Probably missed a few words in there but it was entertaining!

MassRayPer posted:

If you haven't yet, go back and listen to the December 2007 Adrenaline Flush for the Silent Night, Bloody Night recap and the episode where they read the Impact script.

I'll put it on the list, thanks! Gonna take me a while to make my way through the shows of the years I've missed, haha.

I don't see how he "hates everything"?

A bit of an overstatement, I agree. I'll take that one back because sometimes the seething Miz/Riley rage overshadows any positive posts but CSammich has been fair in our past arguments so I'll ask that one be stricken from the record!

Outside of the Miz hate obsession he's an alright dude most times.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Jul 7, 2011

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The AOW podcast with Steen is awesome just for the story about Franky The Mobster at the beginning.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

A bit of an overstatement, I agree. I'll take that one back because sometimes the seething Miz/Riley rage overshadows any positive posts but CSammich has been fair in our past arguments so I'll ask that one be stricken from the record!

Outside of the Miz hate obsession he's an alright dude most times.

I don't have any rage towards Riley, he's just young and not very good in the ring, but he can improve. Also, he has a freakishly tiny mouth, but I won't hold that against him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Does anyone know the date that Bryan did his tirade about TNA being good so he can buy a big gold boat? I want to hear that again.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Baalster posted:

Does anyone know the date that Bryan did his tirade about TNA being good so he can buy a big gold boat? I want to hear that again.

Here is a link to the show download on the board. March 10th, 2010 B&V.

http://theboard.f4wonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=94773

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thanks, man.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Baalster posted:

Thanks, man.

Manflurry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Here is a link to the show download on the board. March 10th, 2010 B&V.

http://theboard.f4wonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=94773

I've heard the single rant itself but never the entire show so this should be awesome.

• Locked thread