Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Cut those balls off for your wrestling statement.

I wish this was the subtitle of this forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Did anyone else get a massive hard on for Lance Storm's booking on the latest show?

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

LordPants posted:

Did anyone else get a massive hard on for Lance Storm's booking on the latest show?

Yes. :awesome:

Too bad I expect Cena to just win clean.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

LordPants posted:

The thing I loved most about it was that before he got into booking 6 months ahead, it was actually something Vince would do. ADR would be a perfect corporate type champion, Vince would surely just fire Cena because he pissed him off and Rock could come back to cut a promo. Out of all the fantasy booking I've seen since Punk's promo, that I could actually believe.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

LordPants posted:

My subscription lapsed and I'm still waiting on a paycheck from a month ago. What'd he have to say?

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

My subscription lapsed and I'm still waiting on a paycheck from a month ago. What'd he have to say?

I'll do my best to summarize. Others, correct me if I gently caress something up. It sounds way better the way he explains it.

- At MITB, Punk beats Cena though a heelish tactic. No huge screwjob, but he cheated.

- Vince comes out and demands the Raw MITB winner (probably Del Rio) come out and take the title from Punk. Del Rio wins the belt and becomes McMahon's new big guy.

- Vince, with his new champion/title-savior, fires Cena anyway because he failed and Vince is evil like that ("you failed me you son of a bitch i don't need you")

- Cena defends himself against Vince being a dick. He says he thinks Punk should have got his shot and he gave everything he had. If it wasn't good enough for Vince, Vince can gently caress off.

- Very soon after, McMahon gets a phone call from the Rock where Rock is pissed Vince ruined his Wrestlemania match. Rock wants Cena and no one else. Rock shows up the next week and demands Cena be brought back, otherwise he is out of Mania.

- Vince is forced to bring Cena back. Cena cuts promo thanking the Rock and says his goal is to get the belt back before Mania.

- Cena feuds with Del Rio but keeps failing to get the title back. He keeps getting screwed.

- Royal Rumble rolls around. At some point, the belt is held up for some reason. It is decided that the Royal Rumble winner doesn't get the Mania shot, but the TITLE, like that one Flair Rumble.

- Vince draws the numbers. Screws Cena by making him Number 1. Cena fights the whole Rumble. Number 30 is PUNK, who eliminates him.

- Punk's challenger is determined by the Elim. Chamber. Cena goes on to fight Rock without the title.

Space Cob fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jul 9, 2011

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I thought the storyline had it that Cena vs the Rock for the title. It's not the same if it doesn't end with the title on the line. I'd rather see Cena chase after the title and keep his promise to the Rock.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Gatts posted:

I thought the storyline had it that Cena vs the Rock for the title. It's not the same if it doesn't end with the title on the line. I'd rather see Cena chase after the title and keep his promise to the Rock.

I thought that too. I guess they could have Cena get the title in the chamber, finally beating Punk. But...I don't know. I'd rather the title not be in the Cena/Rock match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gatts posted:

Cena says he wants it to be for the title. It should not be for the title.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I would agree to not have it be for the title. It's really not necessary and I doubt it's worth anything to have the Rock win so the obviousness is spelled out. I just think it for the story to end with it not being for the title, the bad guy and story would have to be epic. Otherwise let the story be that Cena manages to win it back to cap off his storyline after chasing the belt for a good chunk of the year even after it changes hands.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The AOW podcast with Steen is awesome just for the story about Franky The Mobster at the beginning.

I fuckin' hate Franky the Mobster, he sucks, but that story was funny.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Space Cob posted:

Lance Storm fantasy booking.
I'm happy the guy retired early and lives well, but gently caress I wish he was a booker.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

I'm happy the guy retired early and lives well, but gently caress I wish he was a booker.

He is.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

"I have pinned someone who's pinned both Orton and Cena. So I am the greatest wrestler ever."
Oh Bryan.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

He is.
I realize that, but I'm pretty sure you knew I meant I wish he was a booker for an actual wrestling company and not a Canadian Indy.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Space Cob posted:

I'll do my best to summarize. Others, correct me if I gently caress something up. It sounds way better the way he explains it.

- At MITB, Punk beats Cena though a heelish tactic. No huge screwjob, but he cheated.

- Vince comes out and demands the Raw MITB winner (probably Del Rio) come out and take the title from Punk. Del Rio wins the belt and becomes McMahon's new big guy.

- Vince, with his new champion/title-savior, fires Cena anyway because he failed and Vince is evil like that ("you failed me you son of a bitch i don't need you")

- Cena defends himself against Vince being a dick. He says he thinks Punk should have got his shot and he gave everything he had. If it wasn't good enough for Vince, Vince can gently caress off.

- Very soon after, McMahon gets a phone call from the Rock where Rock is pissed Vince ruined his Wrestlemania match. Rock wants Cena and no one else. Rock shows up the next week and demands Cena be brought back, otherwise he is out of Mania.

- Vince is forced to bring Cena back. Cena cuts promo thanking the Rock and says his goal is to get the belt back before Mania.

- Cena feuds with Del Rio but keeps failing to get the title back. He keeps getting screwed.

- Royal Rumble rolls around. At some point, the belt is held up for some reason. It is decided that the Royal Rumble winner doesn't get the Mania shot, but the TITLE, like that one Flair Rumble.

- Vince draws the numbers. Screws Cena by making him Number 1. Cena fights the whole Rumble. Number 30 is PUNK, who eliminates him.

- Punk's challenger is determined by the Elim. Chamber. Cena goes on to fight Rock without the title.

It's a great angle, but I did like the amendment of having ADR pull out of the MITB and have the winner of that match LOSE to Punk at the end of the show to pop the Chicago crowd and get everyone on the edge of their seat, then Vince uses ADR's win this week to send him out for Punk's third match of the night and win the title that way. Granted, that's more effective if Punk's coming back as a babyface.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

It's a great angle, but I did like the amendment of having ADR pull out of the MITB and have the winner of that match LOSE to Punk at the end of the show to pop the Chicago crowd and get everyone on the edge of their seat, then Vince uses ADR's win this week to send him out for Punk's third match of the night and win the title that way. Granted, that's more effective if Punk's coming back as a babyface.

Oh right. I forgot about that. I think it helps too.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I think Dave just went nuts.

Meltz posted:

-Not that this has anything to do with wrestling, but the old TV series "Dallas" is returning for a ten episode run on TNT with a story at http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/08/tnt-dallas/ I got a ton of e-mails I guess because people know I used to watch that show in the 80s until it kind of fell apart with that season that was all a dream.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

LividLiquid posted:

In more shocking news, Larry Hagman is still alive

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

LividLiquid posted:

christ dave. spoiler alert.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That last rant when Dave explained how everything in wrestling is rear end backwards at the start of the last show must have been the last straw.

:suspense:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

LividLiquid posted:

But everyone knows Dave's favorite shows are 90210 and Friends.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
God bless Dave Meltzer, he's the greatest sperg alive.

:v:: Dave, how was the weekend?

:spergin:: It was pretty fun. I didn't have as much work to do, so I researched all the NWA championship matches from 1949 to 1983.

:stare:: All of the m-matches?...

Borh fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jul 12, 2011

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Dave was on fire for the entire show

"Doesn't Marc Ratner look like Alfred the butler?"

"Maybe AJ and Daniels are so close that when AJ takes a bad bump, Daniels gets the concussion"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Listening to Dave Meltzer sperg out about wrestling really makes me love wrestling more. I am not sure why that is.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The new Bryan and Vinny show is great, especially the tangent about Bryan's ability to deadlift 420lbs and measuring it up against Mark Henry's 1000lbs.

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Jul 13, 2011

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Has anyone else listened to the F4D with Jeff Katz? He has a really interesting project in the works, a 13 episode wrestling program that is designed to be a self contained story, like any other tv show. I'm really curious how this will turn out.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Jul 13, 2011

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
Do I need to pay to get the Bryan and Vinny show ?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

El Patron posted:

Usually yes. Every so often there's a free show.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

El Patron posted:

http://www.f4wonline.com/

They do one free show a week. This week's B&V is, sadly, not free.

Zagrod
Jun 26, 2005

fiyah fiyah fiyah
Clapping Larry

Perigryn posted:

The new Bryan and Vinny show is great, especially the tangent about Bryan's ability to deadlift 420lbs and measuring it up against Mark Henry's 1000lbs.

FIVE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY POUNDS~!

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.
Colt's new AOW is up with Chris Hero. Haven't finished listening yet, but there is a pleasant surprise guest appearance at the beginning :allears:

j. fed
Nov 4, 2008

Is it Matt Classic?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

Colt's new AOW is up with Chris Hero. Haven't finished listening yet, but there is a pleasant surprise guest appearance at the beginning :allears:

Punk?

His Steen interview was great.

amplifierWORSHIP
Jul 29, 2007

you're a man. let 'em dangle.

Dickeye posted:

Punk?

His Steen interview was great.

Yeah, didn't say much but cool to hear from him. The Hero interview was pretty good, his history starting out as Wifebeater and at one point living with Ian Rotten is interesting. If only to hear another side of how IWA-MS treated someone. Ending was great, now I wish I could see video of him springing a vulgar Scott Steiner quote on Misawa, then shaking his hand before a match.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Bryan acting like a complete idiot on WO today

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

ChampRamp posted:

I'm guessing MMA talk (haven't listened yet)?

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I'm guessing MMA talk (haven't listened yet)?

Yep, Nate Marquardt-chat.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

ChampRamp posted:

Yep, Nate Marquardt-chat.

God Dammit Bryan.

I already know. I don't need to listen, I just already know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

ChampRamp posted:

Yeah he was way over the line today.

However, we get a golden gem! Observer call in chat! fantasy booking! This is probably going to be so hilarious it's worth subscribing for.

• Locked thread