Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuri
Jun 26, 2009

Tab8715 posted:

If you don't abuse the drug, this won't happen.

Yeah, that's utter bullshit. I often take less than I am prescribed and I still get the end-of-the-day crashes, even with extended-release formulations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Kuri posted:

Yeah, that's utter bullshit. I often take less than I am prescribed and I still get the end-of-the-day crashes, even with extended-release formulations.

Really? I get a tad grumpy for an hour, but I wouldn't call anything that happens a 'crash.' Most people are referring to something akin to a three day meth bender type crash in my experience

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
Finished my testing Friday, and they're already done processing the test, but the person handling my test results doesn't have time to talk about it for a week and a half. Is a day all it takes to process the results from this stuff? I am kinda concerned. I'm worried that they're going to tell me there's nothing wrong with me. Blehhhhhgh

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

Thunder from Down Under posted:

I should be seeing a doctor in the next week or so and I have about two month till my last semester at uni starts and I want to use that to find the right med for me. I know adderall works great for me, but I dont think asking for a specific drug would end well.

The way it happen with my psychiatrist is he said that by far most people do best with either Ritalin or Adderall, and said he had a very slight preference for Adderall in males. He asked me which I'd rather try first.

Thunder from Down Under
Jul 4, 2005

Whoa

Chin Strap posted:

The way it happen with my psychiatrist is he said that by far most people do best with either Ritalin or Adderall, and said he had a very slight preference for Adderall in males. He asked me which I'd rather try first.

Thanks this was exactly the type of thing I was looking for.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

signalnoise posted:

Finished my testing Friday, and they're already done processing the test, but the person handling my test results doesn't have time to talk about it for a week and a half. Is a day all it takes to process the results from this stuff? I am kinda concerned. I'm worried that they're going to tell me there's nothing wrong with me. Blehhhhhgh

I had this anxiety as well. I actually was kicking myself for trying too hard on some of the tests that were determining. Just dont worry too much about it, and what will be will be. Let us know.

Kuri
Jun 26, 2009

2508084 posted:

Really? I get a tad grumpy for an hour, but I wouldn't call anything that happens a 'crash.' Most people are referring to something akin to a three day meth bender type crash in my experience

A lot depends on sleep, food intake (lack thereof!), and a few other factors. Taking three 10mg XR throughout the day helps because of a relative build-up and drop, but with a single larger dose pill (20mg XR) and end of the day dinner/exercise, I would go from "normal" to "Oh, GOD I'M DONE!". My wife would giggle when I would go from cleaning dutifully to dozing in my dinner chair. It could be very sudden on normal, therapeutic doses.

The crash is relative. It will still rear its ugly head for me every so often, even 18 months into taking Adderall.

Actually, now that I think about it, the Intuniv has helped as well since it limits some of the peripheral effects of the Adderall.

All that said, people who abuse amphetamines certainly have the crash, but part of that comes from the body not being accustomed to the introduced stimulation. My continued crashes stem from my drug holidays (weekends) and the factors mentioned above.

Sorry, my earlier response was a bit more stern than I meant it to be. :D

Kuri
Jun 26, 2009

TheBigBad posted:

I had this anxiety as well. I actually was kicking myself for trying too hard on some of the tests that were determining. Just dont worry too much about it, and what will be will be. Let us know.

If it helps, the anxiety is normal. My BP and HR went down once I was diagnosed and started medication. Like TheBigBad said, what happens happens, and no amount of worrying will change it now.

Fake Edit: Double-post!

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh

Kuri posted:

All that said, people who abuse amphetamines certainly have the crash, but part of that comes from the body not being accustomed to the introduced stimulation. My continued crashes stem from my drug holidays (weekends) and the factors mentioned above.

Sorry, my earlier response was a bit more stern than I meant it to be. :D

I'm not sure. I might be a little more messed up than the average adhd goon, but the times where I take my adderall and stay up for 3-4 days nonstop is the times I don't get crashes. I just feel sleepy, and eventually end up napping for 3-4 hours a few times throughout the day. It's when I take it normally and it wears off in the evening that I sometimes get the rush of "Oh god I'm going to kill myself if I don't fall asleep in 2 hours!" poo poo. Hopefully that's because I have nothing to do or any "purpose" versus having to stay up for a few days to get work done.

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

I got diagnosed with Adult ADD by two separate physicians back in March, and just finally got on medication for it within the last week and a half (I've got a lot of other stuff going on that my psychiatrist was worried the ADD meds might complicate)

Anyway, apparently my health insurance will not cover any ADD/ADHD/whatever meds for anyone over the age of 17. They've been really really good about all the other psychiatric medications I'm on and have been put on in the past, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about why this policy exists.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

ZebTM posted:

Anyway, apparently my health insurance will not cover any ADD/ADHD/whatever meds for anyone over the age of 17. They've been really really good about all the other psychiatric medications I'm on and have been put on in the past, so I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about why this policy exists.

Some policies really blow. How cheap is generic adderall or ritalin?

ladyweapon
Nov 6, 2010

It reads all over his face,
like he's an Italian.

Chin Strap posted:

I pay ~30$/mo for mine at Costco.10mg twice a day.

As far as the policy, too much abuse potential for college student age patients I would suppose.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Bikes!

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
Uggggg loving great. My shady rear end psych's office is 'Closed until further notice'. WTF? Of course no one told me. I showed up to an empty parking lot, a dark building, and a hand written note on the door.

They've had that note up since June 29th and since then, I can see several UPS and FedEX delivery notices. Great. I'm about to run out of my Adderall and this rear end in a top hat pulls this stunt? Between his unprofessional demeanor (when I asked a medical question, guy literally had his secretary Google it for one) and it being impossible to get his staff on the phone, I've pretty much had it with this guy.

Luckily, I was able to find another psych that can see me this Tuesday. I just hope this new doc doesn't refuse to prescribe my meds. Literally all of the psychs in my city only do children's psychology. None of the practices would take me at all! I finally struck gold and found a guy an hour away. :(

The shady guy has an e-mail address (an AOL account) at least. Maybe I can fire off an e-mail and get a new prescription... :/

EDIT: Whoooa I just got a reply back from the e-mail I sent a few minutes ago. The guy actually passed away! drat! Now I feel like a bit of a prick. :(

Dolemite fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 8, 2011

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.
I decided to go, ef it time to ride bikes! Got caught in a rain storm, and it was super fun like being a kid again. Having problems sleeping on days I ride though.

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh

TheBigBad posted:

I decided to go, ef it time to ride bikes! Got caught in a rain storm, and it was super fun like being a kid again. Having problems sleeping on days I ride though.

God I want a bike so badly. Walking just doesnt seem to do anything for me like bikes do :( I'll have to see if I can get one this fall or even in a week or two if I get some extra money...pffft ahahah yeah right. I still have way too many bills to pay.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Aculard posted:

God I want a bike so badly. Walking just doesnt seem to do anything for me like bikes do :( I'll have to see if I can get one this fall or even in a week or two if I get some extra money...pffft ahahah yeah right. I still have way too many bills to pay.

I would just go find one at a garage sale or craigslist to tide you over.

foxinsox
Jul 4, 2011

foxinsox fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Jul 29, 2011

Aculard
Oct 15, 2007

by Ozmaugh

foxinsox posted:

Does it sound like this is something I should continue with? Does it sound like I might actually have ADD? If a person does not have ADD, what response would they typically have to amphetamines? If a person does have ADD, what response should they expect?

Yeup. The fact that you feel calm while taking a stimulant is a biggie. I find when I take my meds I'm more tolerant and patient with people, rather than jumping at their throat all the time. I never had a good sleep schedule with the meds, but that's because the most movement I've done this last while is roll around in bed.

I would say try taking it everyday for 2 weeks and see if you are really okay with it full time (or even 5 days a week and drug holidays for the weekend). If the psych and doctor both think you have it, you probably do.

foxinsox
Jul 4, 2011

foxinsox fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Jul 29, 2011

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

foxinsox posted:

Does it sound like this is something I should continue with? Does it sound like I might actually have ADD? If a person does not have ADD, what response would they typically have to amphetamines? If a person does have ADD, what response should they expect?

In my non expert opinion, you've built a very solid second opinion in favor of having ADHD. The question is- do you consider the demonstrated outcome positive? One of the criteria for diagnosis-
There must be clear evidence of significant impairment in social, school, or work functioning.

It also has to affect you in 2 or more scenarios, I.e. Work, school, social etc.

So you had to tell the shrink yourself that your life is negatively impacted, and it crosses over more than one part of your life to begin with.

Non ADHD drug use can range from really bad day with too much coffee man, to increased focus and ability to concentrate. Often I see pretty distinctive sleep interruption, which you reported the opposite of.

Wartime Consigliere
Mar 27, 2010

by T. Fine

Aculard posted:

TheBigBad posted:

I would just go find one at a garage sale or craigslist to tide you over.

Or just pick one up at the "take a bike, leave a bike" racks I see around everywhere. You might have to bust a lock, but I guess they just like to make it more challenging. Imagine if those penny trays had locks. Actually some do, and they say "Charity" on the box. It's so weird. I sure hope I can go back into Taco Bell someday. [/ADHD]

foxinsox
Jul 4, 2011

foxinsox fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jul 29, 2011

Wartime Consigliere
Mar 27, 2010

by T. Fine

foxinsox posted:

Apologies for yet another text bomb.

A lot of that stuff sounds familiar probably to most people in this thread. So yeah. Enjoy it, be happy. Be free.

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005
Sorry for this wall of text y'all...

foxinsox posted:

Words about life on meds...

I was diagnosed a few months ago with ADHD. I too wanted to believe that I don't NEED drugs and I can't possibly have ADHD. Even when I had the same problems in my life - especially at work where I kept forgetting to file weekly reports, attend meetings, etc.

I think what you're going through is what I went through: The realization that the drug helps and the frightening thought that you need to take a pill to keep up with society's demands of you (be on time, pay attention, etc.).

At first, I felt like a truly defective person. The fact that I need to take a pill to be 'normal' stung. Until I realized - our medicine is the equivalent to glasses for someone with bad eyesight. In more ways than one.

Just like I'm sure you wouldn't fault someone for needing glasses to see like a 'normal' person, you should not beat yourself up for medication helping you perform at a higher level.

Once you get over the fact that you are taking a medication, you will come to love how productive, effective, and 'smarter' you will feel. I don't know how to describe being smarter other than now, learning will stick.

I guess I'm trying to get at the fact that it's normal to want to fight the realization that taking a mood or mind altering drug will help. But you really seem to be describing a lot of the same signs many of us (myself included) noticed regarding having ADHD.

From what I'm reading in your posts, I also think that the medication is affecting you the 'right' way. In my reading, non-ADD people that have posted their stories of abusing the drug don't report things like being calm. They want to WORK THE gently caress OUT BRO and just have crazy levels of energy (not focus).

---

So has anyone here changed psychs and been able to continue their treatment medicine-wise? I can't stop shaking the feeling that the new psych I'm about to see will refuse to prescribe me anything. Now that I've been on the medication and know it is working, I would hate to not be able take it.

From my days off of the medication, I know that I can still function. But, things are just harder. Chores, stuff at work, all of it takes so drat long. I struggle to remember things and take in things from texts. So annoying!

Another maybe stupid question: what do you consider 'ethical' use of the medication? Last weekend, I knew I wanted to some cerebral hobbies. I wanted to read some stuff for fun and I wanted to take a crack at this puzzle game (Riven). So I when I took my first half of the medication during the day to help me stay focused during chores, I took the other half at night before wanting to do these hobbies.

Do any of you use the medication when you want to engage in a hobby that requires intense focus and concentration and attention to details? Or do you treat it as a business only thing. Taking it for work and/or studying?

Wartime Consigliere
Mar 27, 2010

by T. Fine
I didn't feel ashamed of needing a pill to function because I was just so drat happy to even be able to function.

I don't have any weird anti-med views (I call them weird because I don't understand refusing to take something that will help you for some principle I don't really understand why it would be important to stick to. I'm not sure that makes any sense but I've been up for nearly 30 hours so bear with me), my wife is an RN so if anything I guess we would be pro-meds. Meds are there and they make your life easier. To me, refusing to take meds is like choosing to crawl when you have the ability to walk.

I always take my Adderall twice a day every day. It's so annoying and frustrating for me to be spacing out and bored with everything so I pretty much always take it. Not to mention that if I don't I am pretty useless as a father and a husband, and being a stay at home dad it's very important for me to function well.

I don't see anything wrong in taking it to help you accomplish your goals, whether it's personal goals and professional ones. That's what it's for.

Giving/selling your pills to other people so they can get high is what irks me. And it only irks me because then dumb people use it as a dumb excuse to make it harder for legit people to get the meds. Especially when someone has an adverse reaction or dies and the only thing people hear is "Adderall killed someone," and that might be all that some people ever learn about it. The myths seem to be more well known than the facts sometimes.

Wartime Consigliere fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Jul 8, 2011

foxinsox
Jul 4, 2011

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

@foxinsox Honestly, you sound like a textbook case who has fared rather well in life. You're describing many things we've all struggled with. Many ADHD sufferers hit a wall when you get to college, yet have done well in high school, and are wicked smart. Two major professions where you find a lot of ADHD types- software development and entrepreneurs. Software development lends itself to being result oriented with flexibility in execution. Many turn to entrepreneurship because working for someone else in a structure designed for them to fail is unmanageable. I really recommend reading Delivered From Distraction. There are lots of observations and insights that will click along with solutions that work. It really has been helpful for me and my wife.

@dolemite I've had one of the other doctors in my gp's practice tell me the meds are bullshit, and that he wouldn't write the script. I went out to the nurse, asked if my gp was there today, and then told her to get my gp's rear end into my exam room when she finishes up whatever she's doing to write the script. (I had waited an hour and gotten bounced within the practice for a script refill so I was already pissed).

The point is that you're the patient, and ultimately you're responsible for the success of your treatment plan. Be open because they are the medical professional but ultimately you have to live with it.

I take the meds to read for pleasure, otherwise I'd never be able to get through Game of Thrones. You deserve to enjoy literature, heck any form of entertainment just as much as the normal folks.

Edit:
I take it to go to parties as well because without it, I get social phobia. I cling to my wife. I wall flower even amongst acquaintances I've known for a decade. There's no point in going to a party if you can't interact with people. I take it when I go to the shop to build props for movies, as you're describing. Even though I'm switching careers from IT into Entertainment- it's ethically and technically a hobby because I don't earn income from it (yet) and I do it because I love doing it. I don't think these distinctions are important morally. I think that living a life worth living is. The meds help me do that.

TheBigBad fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Jul 9, 2011

ZebTM
Jul 7, 2009

Chin Strap posted:

I'm paying $60/mo for 30mg/day of generic ritalin (90 10mg pills), which isn't that bad in itself although my insurance policy's $10/mo for generics and $30/mo for non-generics would be a lot nicer.

unfortunately it's got some noticeable negative side effects (increased anxiety for instance) and isn't as effective as it could be even with the dose about maxed out -- I can focus on an unengaging task for about an hour at a time now before needing a long break, compared to 10-15 minutes untreated but my psychiatrist seems to think I could be doing better then that. The problem is that she wants to try me on various other ADD meds to see if they worked better...and most of the alternatives cost around $200/mo to which money is definitely an object.

I'm at least a lot more able to do college work now then I was before I started getting treated, although idk what the hell I'm going to do once I enter the workplace and have to work 8+ hours in a row. I guess find a job that never has boring parts :v:

foxinsox
Jul 4, 2011

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
I was diagnosed with ADD two years ago and after constantly putting back getting an appointment with my doctor I finally went and got a prescription for Concerta. This is day one. Hope this works.

JayMax fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jul 9, 2011

Agedashi Tofu
Jul 27, 2004

I paid money to type stuff here.

foxinsox posted:

Took a peek at this title over on Amazon and it looks like it could be useful, so I'm going to pick it up and, hopefully, even read it (perhaps with the help of meds). Thanks for the recommendation.

I found that Delivered from Distraction was describing my life so well that I couldn't put it down - and that was before meds. It's a really great book and will help you look at struggles you've had (and probably have over and over) in a new way. I know it can be hard to stick with books sometimes, but I think you'd get a lot of benefit from it.

As for the "how have meds affected your work life" question you posted above, I actually observed changes outside of my job and have been trying to figure out how to apply the same motivation to my professional life... if that makes sense.

[Insert standard "Wall of Text" apology of your choice]

My work is not primarily coding but I do have a free-form project based type job where there aren't always clear tasks but rather just goals, so I can relate to being unsure if the meds are helping or not. What I realized - and what a lot of others have posted in this thread - is that the pills don't make you work, they just help you to finish the work that you actually decide to start.

I first noticed their effects when I decided I needed to do a massive cleaning job in my backyard - pulling weeds, trimming branches, cleaning up leaves and dog crap. This is the first time I've had a large yard with trees in my life, so I had no real framework for how to go about it. I did, however, know the result that I wanted. I came home from work that evening and was out in the yard until the sun went down. A couple nights of this and the yard was cleaned up and the waste was taken to the dump - this would have never even gotten started without my medication. Instead, it would have ended up on a to-do list in a notebook that would eventually end up in the trash. I would have come home, played Terraria for four hours, and forgotten all about it.

So how does this relate to work? Well, I realized that I used a different process to reach my goal than I would at the office. I didn't buy the O'Reilly "Yard Work in a Nutshell" book and spend a week thumbing through it but not actually learning anything. I didn't go online and look at images of other backyards for inspiration. I didn't read any blogs about yard work to try and find "Top 10 Yard Work Hacks" or "Best New Tools and Add-Ons for Efficient Yard Work." I didn't map out a complex OmniFocus project detailing every step of the process. I didn't over-think and over-plan every little detail. Instead, I looked at the goal, grabbed the tools I already knew how to use that could help, and got started. I took ten minutes to read something about how to properly trim trees, but I was out of the "preparation phase" immediately after.

At the office, I do all of those terrible things. I don't know why (well... ADHD I guess). The work I actually start is a bunch of time wasting and procrastination disguised as project prep/planning - and since the medication helps you do what you start with even more clarity, I have often found myself just that much better at not getting poo poo done. For new things that come up, I try and get straight to the next step required to meet the goal, but I'm still trying to dig myself out of a hole on some projects that I've been working on for a longer period of time (pre-medicated). I see the difference in the new projects, but not things I'm already too deep in my old ways on. The worst offender right now is a large Drupal based website I've been "working" on for the last couple months. I hate Drupal, I'm not super familiar with it, and I'm knee deep in books and blogs instead of doing any real work. Ugh... I should get back to work.

I don't know how well that answers your question... I guess I would say that I know how it could help me at work, but I'm still struggling to get myself to the place where it really can.

opie
Nov 28, 2000
Check out my TFLC Excuse Log!
The problem I have with being a code monkey is not the actual coding, although sometimes I will skim through a bug report and make an assumption about what the problem is without having all the details. Like the other day when someone reported that the system wouldn't let them insert large records into the database. Someone else in the thread commented about how there must be a limit in the code, so I did a bunch of research and then determined the network/server must be timing out or disconnecting when they tried to insert the record. If I had read the whole item, I would've seen that the error message did indeed say that the connection was broken at some point during the insert, which would've saved me some time.

As for coding, for me that's generally the easy part. The hard part is everything else. Design docs, code reviews, updating all the related systems, database scripts, QA docs...it's very easy to mess up or forget something in the process. Seems like other people on my team have the opposite issue. Bad at coding, but they remember the other little pieces even if it's the absolute bare minimum.

It'll be interesting to see if I'm any better about it when I go back on the meds, which I'm guessing will be about a year from now. I'm generally good at doing things when I remember to do them, but it's just stressful knowing I can do an awesome job at everything else and gently caress up one thing and that's what people notice.

foxinsox
Jul 4, 2011

Wartime Consigliere
Mar 27, 2010

by T. Fine

foxinsox posted:

It's as though the activation energy required to initiate a task is lowered. Before medication, I would walk through my house, see little things that needed doing, note that they needed doing, but then not actually them because ehhhhh ... effort and oooh, shiny thing over here! Now, as I move through the house, those little things around me are just done as I go. That can (and did) distract me from a larger task at hand, but still things are at least getting done.

Yeah that sounds familiar. You still get distracted but now it's by doing productive things so it's not really a bad thing because you can get a lot of stuff done. Or 3/4ths done then get distracted later from something else and finish the 1/4th.

Some days I am like a boulder though. Hard to get moving but once I do I can be hard to stop.

I have been able to do things I never would have before. My lawn mower's self propelled wheels locked up and I took it apart, bought some tools I didn't have and fixed it. I really like to repair things like that now. It works better than ever.

I got a bigger stereo at a garage sale for cheap that can play records, cd, tapes, and radio that has 2 speakers and all 3 pieces are about 3 feet tall and whatnot. The speakers were blown. So I took apart an old boombox that was a radio/tape player but the tape player didn't work right. I never used it and almost threw it away 2-3 times. Took out those speakers and put them in my new ones. So glad I didn't throw it away before.

I got a snowblower for free that leaked gas/oil and now it doesn't. Still gotta put it back together though. Bought a BIKE! to work on and fix up, won't take much.

Fixing those things made me happy and gave me a sense of accomplishment, and I liked getting the ideas of how to fix them and the problem solving of it. They were simple fixes but ones I never would have done before meds.

Dick Smegma
Oct 12, 2010

by T. Couchfucker
For you goons who take adderall and magnesium citrate when do you take it? A hour before, a hour after, during the middle?

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

Dick Smegma posted:

For you goons who take adderall and magnesium citrate when do you take it? A hour before, a hour after, during the middle?

I've been taking either Tums (Calcium Carbonate) or the Pepcid at work (Magnesium) with food an hour before my adderall. I think that it helps the medication work a little better.

I haven't tried taking the antacid after or during the middle of a dose.

--

Well, good news. :) The new doctor is very cool and understanding. I explained my life story to him and he had no problems keeping me on the same medication as my previous psych.

In talking to the new doc, I also found out what happened to my old psych. He died of a drug overdose! Turns out my old psych was selling painkillers on the side and the feds were building a case against him.

At the end of the session, the new guy recommended I consider another medication called Focalin XR. Any of you have experience with that? The doc explained that it will have an even cleaner feeling than generic Adderall will. I'd like that, but I also like that I know that the Adderall is working because I feel it there. I feel that relaxed, calm, everything is alright feeling.

I checked at the pharmacy and the uninsured price of Focalin is 200 bucks! Yikes! I have insurance and I've even met the deductible, so my Adderall today was free. Nice. I'll have to check with the insurance co and see how much they charge for Focalin.

DRP Solved!
Dec 2, 2009
Focalin is essentially a patent extension of methylphenidate (Ritalin, Concerta, etc). I would personally try one of the cheaper generic products first.

Have you been having any issues with the Adderall?

foxinsox
Jul 4, 2011

foxinsox fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Jul 29, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolemite
Jun 30, 2005

DRP Solved! posted:

Have you been having any issues with the Adderall?

Nope, no issues so far. I just figured I can try some different drugs and see if there's just something even better out there. Just like I could kick myself for waiting to get medicated, I'd hate to kick myself for waiting to find a better drug. If there is one.

foxinsox posted:

Interesting - I definitely get that 'SMACK!' feeling when the drug starts as well. I kind of actually like that feeling. I guess mostly because I take the drug to focus at work. But, I hate the poo poo out of my job. So when the initial hit happens and makes me feel better at work, it's great.

Other than that, I oddly don't really have any of the other side effects. I seem to keep my energy. Maybe I notice my heart could be beating a little faster, but that's it. Well, except the thirst. Between adderall and being an active cyclist, I probably go through a gallon of water each day.

I'll have to look into dexedrine too. Adderall is the first pill I've tried. Mainly because my previous psycho psych never brought up the idea to change meds.