Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

MrMondayNight posted:

Where can I see that match???? I need it....for a...project!

You can see some of it here, although I suspect maybe not the bit you wanted to see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZGsbZcgZwQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

apsouthern posted:

You can see some of it here, although I suspect maybe not the bit you wanted to see
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZGsbZcgZwQ

A disappointment. The naked oily guy wasnt very oily :(

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
G-1 Blocks

Block A:
1. Hiroshi Tanahashi
2. Togi Makabe
3. Yuji Nagata
4. Tetsuya Naito
5. Giant Bernard
6. Toru Yano
7. Yujiro Takahashi
8. Hideo Saito
9. Lance Archer (Vance Archer / Lance Hoyt)
10. Yoshihiro Takayama

Block B:
1. Hirooki Goto
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
3. Wataru Inoue
4. Karl Anderson
5. Shinsuke Nakamura
6. Satoshi Kojima
7. Minoru Suzuki
8. MVP
9. Strong Man
10. La Sombra

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Lance Hoyt vs Takayama might be the most Fire Pro Come To Life match-up ever.

Gordy
Sep 6, 2002

Flameingblack posted:

If gou thought the New Year's stuff was gay, MEN's Teoih's "Men's Club" is going to blow your mind. Or load, if youre into it for that

http://youtu.be/MmcaKL6201w Billzerosion's music video of 'MEN'S Club Night 2 St. Wrestle Valentine's Day 2.14.08'

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
I hope Takayama destroys Archer.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Gordy posted:

http://youtu.be/MmcaKL6201w Billzerosion's music video of 'MEN'S Club Night 2 St. Wrestle Valentine's Day 2.14.08'
That's the one where they had a battle royal, but the goal was to strip everyone else completely naked.

Ridiculous.

All the while Men's Teioh and Kota Ibushi stand at the commentator booth blushing.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
Apologies if something similar has been asked recently.

If I were to start watching modern day New Japan, what are 5 or 6 matches that are 'must see' to get a feel for it.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
A selection of generally well-received matches...

Heavyweights:
Nakamura & Goto vs Misawa & Sugiura, January 4th 2009
Tanahashi vs Nakamura, February 15th 2009
Goto & Okada vs Sugiura & Aoki, May 5th 2009
Nakamura vs Goto, April 4th 2010
Nagata vs Suzuki, January 4th 2011

Juniors:
Kanemoto vs Hayato, December 22nd 2009
Marufuji vs Kanemoto, March 5th 2010
Marufuji vs Liger, April 4th 2010
Kanemoto vs Hayato, May 26th 2011
Ibushi vs Richards, June 10th 2011

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010

Ditch posted:

A selection of generally well-received matches...

Heavyweights:
Nakamura & Goto vs Misawa & Sugiura, January 4th 2009
Tanahashi vs Nakamura, February 15th 2009
Goto & Okada vs Sugiura & Aoki, May 5th 2009
Nakamura vs Goto, April 4th 2010
Nagata vs Suzuki, January 4th 2011

Juniors:
Marufuji vs Kanemoto, March 5th 2010
Marufuji vs Liger, April 4th 2010
Kanemoto vs Hayato, May 26th 2011
Ibushi vs Richards, June 10th 2011

Thank you. I know the big names and Americans, but I haven't ever really followed NJPW before. I'll hunt some of those out.

Any Prince Devitt matches you'd recommend. His is a name I hear frequently.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Minitrue posted:

Thank you. I know the big names and Americans, but I haven't ever really followed NJPW before. I'll hunt some of those out.

Any Devitt match is a good one, but I really enjoyed the Apollo 55/Golden Lovers match

e: Wrong one, going to find the right one.

e2: Someone found them.

Ibushi is another guy you should look out for.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 8, 2011

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

Juniors:

This match is really awesome

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 8, 2011

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Minitrue posted:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/DerpityDerp/videos/46/
Devitt/Ibushi from Jan 4th shows. Genuine MOTYC. (courtesy of Hulkamatt)
http://www.viddler.com/explore/DerpityDerp/videos/43/
Golden Lovers (Ibushi/Omega) vs Apollo55 (Devitt/Taguchi) from some show last year (again courtesy of Hulkamatt).
Enjoy.

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
Thanks guys, much appreciated. If anyone else has more, keep 'em coming.

My girlfriend is going away this weekend and because I'm cool I will use the time wisely. That is to play video games and watch wrestling. I really am awesome... excuse - it's winter here. Solid enough for me.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I have yet to enjoy a single Devitt match. Thankfully, most puro followers have plenty they can name as was just demonstrated. He tries hard but I'm more interested in strikes, hate and matwork than high-flying/athleticism.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Minitrue posted:

Thanks guys, much appreciated. If anyone else has more, keep 'em coming.

My girlfriend is going away this weekend and because I'm cool I will use the time wisely. That is to play video games and watch wrestling. I really am awesome... excuse - it's winter here. Solid enough for me.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xast8m_njpw-alex-shelley-chris-sabin-vs-ap_sport
Motor City Machine Guns vs Apollo55. Part 2 in the sidebar.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I really liked the Tanahashi vs Goto match from last month, maybe it's because I haven't watched Goto in a while though. The new look works really well for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyYy4HjEMnM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iCMnBut9_k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5bqvn741A8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLAzwmWPrTs

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Everyone's new favorite site, Dirty Dirty Sheets, has an AWESOME interview up with Kenny Omega. Thanks apsouthern!

Excerpt!

quote:

Name one wrestler, one fictional character, and one object you haven’t faced that you’d like to in the future?

Wrestler: KENTA

Fictional Character: My Girlfriend

Object: Whatever it is that prevents Shigesato Itoi from making another Mother/Earthbound game!

http://www.dirtydirtysheets.com/

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Kenny Omega is now even more awesome for being an Earthbound fan.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
If any of you have a WON subscription, could you c/p Dave's blurb on my Joe Malenko interview?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Not much.

quote:

Joe Malenko, 56, who worked the tag team tournament at the end of December after being out of Japan for more than a decade, looks to have had the final match of his career at the end of that tour against Osamu Nishimura. He told David Ditch in an interview that after a three-level discetomy in May (spinal surgery to remove a herniated disc), he isn’t saying he’s retired but anything he would come back to wrestling to do would have to be no impact, and there isn’t much no impact wrestling going around these days. Joe is the older brother of Dean Malenko and the two were a well-regarded tag team during a glory period of All Japan Pro Wrestling.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That's about what I expected. Better than nothing!

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Kaori Yoneyama announced that she's retiring in December. loving goddamn this sucks.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's been about two weeks, anyone heard anything back from the IVP Videos guy or gotten their DVDs yet?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He can be slow. Email him.

As I always say, you get what you pay for. The bottom line is you get the discs eventually and on the cheap.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

Flameingblack posted:

It's been about two weeks, anyone heard anything back from the IVP Videos guy or gotten their DVDs yet?

The dude has gotten a lot of business recently (at least from what I can ascertain from his sale being discussed on a lot of different message boards) so I imagine he's dealing with a large number of orders. He's reliable though so you just have to give him time as I think it's just a one man operation.

tigerdriver82
Jun 15, 2009

Yo, you best
~Protect Your Neck~
Ah yeah, again and again!
Are there any pics or videos of Tigermask V online yet?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

tigerdriver82 posted:

Are there any pics or videos of Tigermask V online yet?

Apparently it's this guy?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
He's using the gimmick very rarely, I suspect because 4 is still using it and shows no sign of retiring. 4 has now done far more matches as TM than the others combined... but he's still 'the new guy'.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Who is Tiger Mask 5 and is he any good?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Minowaman.

Hasn't used the gimmick since October I don't think.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Minowaman.

Hasn't used the gimmick since October I don't think.

Oh Tiger Mask V is Minowaman? That's great.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I mean I get that Tiger Mask is a famous gimmick and all, but I'm amazed by the amount of interest there's been based on that one pic. Especially considering that TM3 was an abject failure (under the mask) and TM4 has been astoundingly mediocre.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

apsouthern posted:

Apparently it's this guy?

Which one is TMV? The shirtless dude?

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

MrMondayNight posted:

Which one is TMV? The shirtless dude?
I think so since TMV is some kind of MMA ex-fighter, so he's "in shape" more than Fatty Mask IV.

Basically this should confirm it.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
He holds his hands the same way so that'll do for me. I'm not gonna comparison study their chests.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Fat Tiger Mask is actually the First Tiger Mask.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Sayama put the mask back on? Or just a photo-op?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

MrMondayNight posted:

Sayama put the mask back on? Or just a photo-op?

He wrestles as Original Tiger Mask or King Tiger every now and then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

KungFu Grip posted:

Fat Tiger Mask is actually the First Tiger Mask.
Oh crap Sayama is going to come to my house now and punch me in the face. :ohdear: