Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrKatharsis
Nov 29, 2003

feel the bern

MrKatharsis fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sock
Dec 28, 2006
Job Seeker

Education: Bachelors in Construction Management

Experience: I have my OSHA 30 and my LEED Green Associate. I have been involved in the ASC Commercial Competition, done work for Habit for Humanity, and been involved with my school's construction club.

I have worked a year as a residential laborer and had an internship with a local company home inspections company that for energy audits.

Skills: 90 WPM, Primavera, MS Project, AutoCAD, and On Screen Takes

What I'm Looking for: An entry level construction management position or internship.

E-mail: Cowart7 at missouristate.edu

Amish Retard
Jan 27, 2004
Taking the short wagon since 1885
Job Openings

Job filled.

Amish Retard fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Apr 26, 2012

pitchblende
Nov 17, 2003

I think I don't give a fuck about what u think. I think that without help anyone will suck in there. Also I think u need to beat it!
Job Opening

Jobs Available: Online Marketing Program Manager, Online Analytics Coordinator, Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Copywriters.

PM me if you are in the area with some type of experience in these fields. I am the hiring manager for the online stuff.

Chopstix
Nov 20, 2002

Job Seeker

B.S. in Chemistry, with a concentration of biochemistry, worked as a (certified) pharmacy tech at Walgreens for almost 4 years now.

Northern Virginia or Washington DC area

I'm looking for a job uses my degree/work experience, or any hospital pharmacy tech job.

I can be contacted at Chopstix85@yahoo.com

Chopstix fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jul 15, 2011

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
Job Openings
If you live near Franklin, TN and want to taste the sweet milk of government money and stability we have a few job openings.
http://williamsoncounty-tn.gov/jobs.aspx
The full time jobs available are:

Custodian starting at $10.55/hr
Dentist starting at $75,000-$85,000
Community Development Planning at $18.22/hr depending on qualifications
Nurse at $17.35/hr

There are also numerous part time jobs at the Rec center.

Full time benefits can be found here:
http://williamsoncounty-tn.gov/index.aspx?NID=74

No premium health insurance which includes one free physical every year.
No premium dental insurance that includes two free checkups each year.
No cost $30,000 life insurance and short term disability.
Free pass to all county owned Rec centers.
Pre-tax health savings plan, useful if you know you'll have out of pocket health costs.
You work for the government so if you last a year you're set for life unless the economy collapses or an elected official needs to have a talk with you. :eek:

Full time employees are required to use direct deposit, part-time employees can choose direct deposit or a check. Great West Offers the government retirement plan that I can't recall the name of.

There's also a prescription discount that any resident of the county can get.
http://www.williamsoncounty-tn.gov/index.aspx?NID=784

Edit: Did not notice referrals are welcome, I can't provide one as it's a government job so nobody cares what anybody else says. As far as I know though, these jobs are not posted on job websites.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 15, 2011

ubernoober000
Mar 11, 2010
Dear California: Please do not allow this person in you.

Love, the Internet.
Job Seeker

Education: BA in Psychology from University of Michigan emphasis on natural side lots of science and math. Computer tech certified as well. (A+,NET).

Experience: Been running own fix grandmas computer type business for years. Started by myself and employs me and two friends. Varoius retail jobs and other college nonsense. Worked in real estate for a bit as well. Also have done some tutoring and TA at Michigan for a short while.

Looking for anything entry level around metro detroit area. I need something thats a guaranteed 40 hours a week. Need to start paying them taxes. I can do anyting you throw at me if you want to train me. Anything is appreciated. Thanks.

gwsims0730 at gmail dot com.

Primitive Screwhead
Dec 11, 2007
Yes sir, listening. No sir, no touching.

Amish Retard posted:

You can PM me for more details, a job description, or to send me your resume. If you don't have PM, email me at robpwalker at gmail dot com.

E-mailed on Weds

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Not really a job opening but AT&T is going to undergo a big finance team restructuring and planning to consolidate jobs (34 work groups) from 40 cities into 6 hub cities:

Atlanta, GA
Bedminster, NJ
Chicago, IL
Dallas, TX
San Antonio, TX
St. Louis, MO

Obviously there will be people who cannot move and there could be openings soon in those "hub" cities. Just wanted to give jobless finance/accounting goons a heads up.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

pitchblende posted:

Job Opening

Jobs Available: Online Marketing Program Manager, Online Analytics Coordinator, Marketing and Communications Coordinator, Copywriters.

PM me if you are in the area with some type of experience in these fields. I am the hiring manager for the online stuff.

I'm south of you on 77! I sent a PM last night, hopefully I hear back from you.

rocket
Aug 16, 2002

LLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLLLLLLL
LLLLLADIES!
Job Seeker

Education: Some college but no degree, have had MCSE, A+ and CCNA certs in the past

Experience: Help desk, system and network admin, customer service, been doing some web design and ebay sales/marketing

I've been unemployed for a while but I need something right away as I am being evicted from my home on Tuesday, so I'll do pretty well anything.

Other than IT, I'm interested in alternative energy and propane, and landscaping, and possibly driving.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

rocket posted:

Job Seeker

Education: Some college but no degree, have had MCSE, A+ and CCNA certs in the past

Experience: Help desk, system and network admin, customer service, been doing some web design and ebay sales/marketing

I've been unemployed for a while but I need something right away as I am being evicted from my home on Tuesday, so I'll do pretty well anything.

Other than IT, I'm interested in alternative energy and propane, and landscaping, and possibly driving.

What area do you live in?

Matsky1981
Oct 11, 2005

Shipoopi!
Job Seeker

Education: B.A. in History (minored in Geography)

Experience: 10 years in retail, including three in a managerial/supervisor role. Basic reconciling/bookkeeping knowledge.

Looking for: Full time job

PM me or contact me at mnebelsky at gmail dot com

Beard Collector
Sep 2, 2004
Skallet8732's pain brings me the pleasure of demon cock.
Job Seeker

Education: B.S. in Actuarial Science from Purdue University (May 2010)

Experience: None. I TA'd for an intro to actuarial science class for three years. I've passed SOA exams FM, P, and MFE and am taking MLC in November.

Looking for: Full-time entry level or internship as an actuary

Location: I live in Indiana now, but I'm expecting to need to relocate, so anywhere in the US.

Skills: Microsoft office and SAS

I can be contacted at ianjones at gmail.com or PM or reply in this thread. I've been furiously applying to any actuarial position online that doesn't have experience for months but have had 0 luck. Any advice would be welcome too.

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

UK Job seeker

Education: B.S. in Economics, B.A. in Business management

Experience: Project managing, team managing, interpreting, marketing

Looking for: full-time entry level/1+ experience in marketing/sales

Skills: MS office, Photoshop, X Code

Languages: English and Russian

awesome-express fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Sep 6, 2011

MadMonk
Jan 4, 2004

Fear my creepy eyes.
Job Seeker

Education: B.A. in Great books/Liberal studies and History at Brock University
Post-graduate diploma in print and broadcast journalism at Humber College

Experience: 1-year working at a medical trade magazine

Looking for: Full time job.

Location: Toronto, Ontario. Willing to relocate anywhere in Canada, or overseas.

PM me or contact me at joshua.t.long@gmail.com

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Job Seeker

Education: Some (4 years) college, pursued a BFA in Illustration (minored in Art History and English Lit.). Plan to finish eventually.

Experience: 7 years retail. Duties: cashiering, accounting, auditing, training new hires, management, stocking, and loss prevention.

Looking for: Full time job (or part time with 35-40 hours a week), preferably something clerical or secretarial.

Contact me at skratky87 at gmail dot com

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose
Edit: Job acquired!

Schmeichy fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 28, 2011

rinski
Sep 12, 2007

You can see my initial post here for more info on the company, Reviewed.com.

Job Openings
Somerville, MA

Editorial Assistant
This isn't so much a writing gig as it is a product manager. Basically, we review a ton of products across our network and we need someone to manage what's coming in and what's going out. This will include maintaining our current manufacturer relationships and building new ones. In some product categories manufacturers simply can't keep up with our production rate, so we end up buying some products which we then sell through various channels (if you're looking for a barely-used appliance in the Somerville area, PM me :v:). Keeping that pipeline going will also be your responsibility.

News Writer
For this position, you'll have to either write up quick newspieces on press releases or hit the mean streets of the internet to find something interesting you can write about. You'd be doing the news coverage for all of our existing sites, but you'd likely be writing more on TVs, cameras, and headphones because those are actually interesting products. Part of the challenge, though, will be figuring out how to generate interesting content for our less sexy product categories, like refrigerators or printers.

Note: the CL ad I linked is the same as the Editorial Assistant posting, but the HR guy assures me you should still apply via that link. I guess we're using the same listing for both jobs, so when you interview just stress how you're the best news hound on the beat and never miss a scoop.

If you are interested in either of these jobs, send in your resume immediately. We've already started first round interviews.:supaburn:

If you have any questions about the job, company, etc., either gmail/gchat haha.oh.what, or use the IM/other contact info in my profile.

rinski fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Aug 1, 2011

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Job Seeker

Education: BS in Economics, Minor in Computer Technology and Applications

Experience: 3 years of automobile sales in the Internet Department, sent weekly and monthly reports to upper management detailing lead sources, closing ratios, cost per lead, etc. Managed a small team of 3 other internet sales associates. Manage and update the website with pertinent information. Master certified in Ford products.

Waited tables in college, was front-of-house key, team leader, OJT trainer.

Looking for: Full time job not in the car business

Location: Washington DC Metro Area. Currently living in Arlington, VA but probably moving into DC itself soon.

Probably wouldn't be able to start a new job until middle November because I am getting married in October and then going to Thailand for 3 weeks for our honeymoon.

Contact me at jones.andrew.r [at] gmail.com

Chaitai fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 2, 2011

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Job Seeker

Education:
B.S. in Aerospace Engineering, concentration in Aircraft Design

Experience:
No engineering experience, 3 Years at a Library video department, 1 year as an assistant Loan Officer in a small ag. bank (Consumer loan Collections, Repossesion, Account Management, Customer Service/Relations, the list goes on), 9 months CSR/CRT at a call center, and about 2 years general customer service jobs

Looking For:
Full time work, preferably engineering or any technical, design, or scientific position. Also interested in work with logistics, supply management, and MRO. Really, I'll take any professional position that'll allow me to make use of my degree. Jobs that involve travelling are a plus. I can pick up new skills pretty quickly, and I've been successful at jobs that involved hitting the ground running with little or no training.

Skills:
CATIA V5, NASTRAN, MatLab, SimuLink, Microsoft Office, Fiserv Navigator, 45+ wpm

PM me, but I prefer email at A.N.Ramirez at live dot com

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Just a quick heads-up because it's bugging me- the reason people do stuff like EMAIL ADDRESS AT GOOGLE DOT COM is so their email address doesn't get scraped for a spam list. Putting it in spoiler tags doesn't do anything to prevent that.

RobotRob
Aug 7, 2007

Let's get weird, but not end of BSG weird.
Cross posting this from the SH/SC Job Fair

Job Seeker

My experience: Mostly educational. BS in Computer Science. Focus on java programming and working on C# now. All my work experience has been in IT so I am A+ certified. This is mainly because my area doesn't really have any programming at all so I tried to break into the IT side of things but I found out that I prefer programming.

What I'm looking for: Developer position, preferably C#. Full time

What I'm NOT looking for: IT, Contracts

Where I live: Myrtle Beach, SC area

Where I'm looking: Pretty much anywhere in the US, preferably in SC or north of SC.

When I can start: I would say 3-4 weeks. 2 weeks for my employer and then time to get relocated.

Requirements: Health insurance/401k

Can be reached via: This thread, rabrown.mail [at] gmail.com

hammeritme
Oct 28, 2002

I like the cut of your jib

Efexeye posted:

Just a quick heads-up because it's bugging me- the reason people do stuff like EMAIL ADDRESS AT GOOGLE DOT COM is so their email address doesn't get scraped for a spam list. Putting it in spoiler tags doesn't do anything to prevent that.

I think it has something to do with non members not being able to see spoilered things.

SANITAR
Jun 14, 2001

Great Job!
Jobs Available!

Senior Software Developer

Software Developer

Benefits - Health, 401K, PTO

PM / Email me if you are interested, I can explain more about the positions and talk about other details / fasttrack your application. its bdahl at far dot midco dawt net

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

Job Seeker

Education:
B.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering, E.I.T.

Experience:
4 years experience as field engineer, inspector, and materials tester. Also just finished serving in the Peace Corps, so am eligible for non-competitive government hiring.

Looking For:
Full time or temporary position in construction management, project management, or field engineering.

Skills:
Developing QC procedures, extensive concrete, asphalt, and soils experience, leadership, MS Office, limited AutoCAD abilities.

Can be reached by PM or craigery@gmail.com

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

hammeritme posted:

I think it has something to do with non members not being able to see spoilered things.

Non-members can see spoilered things.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Job Seeker

Education
Bachelors of Accountancy, about two class away from having enough credits to qualify for my CPA licence. I still need to sit for the exams.

Experience
Recently did an audit internship for a mid-sized firm over the tax season. I also worked as an accounting clerk for two years for a small computer supply retailer doing mostly A/R and some A/P.

Looking For
Either a public or industry staff accountant position.

Skills
Familiar with the day to day accounting procedures and most entry level audit testing, and creation of financial statements.

Contact at texibusATgmailDOTcom or PM here

a egg
Jan 10, 2006
Job Opening
Senior Software Engineer
San Fransico, CA

http://www.beechstaffing.com/?page_id=14

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -
Job Seeker

Education
Bachelor's in Film & Video with focus on video editing. Relatively useless degree and I've almost given up on the field, but at least I do have a college degree.

Experience

Almost 7 years doing outside service at park districts and golf courses. I've managed teams of 3 and did stuff like scheduling and basic money handling, as well as dishing out orders. I'm also in charge of a fleet of 60 golf carts right now.

Looking For
Anything that keeps me outside and pays decent, full time. From construction to forestry, whatever.

Chicago. Willing to relocate anywhere in the US or Canada. I do have Canadian citizenship.

I do have PMs or you can email me at my username2k@yahoo.com.

Yeet fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Aug 7, 2011

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Still looking:

Job Seeker

Education

Associate's degree in computer science, A+ certification.

Experience

Minimal, mostly part-time retail stuff. No real career experience

Looking for

Practically anything entry-level that pays semi-decently. IT-related stuff would be best.

Southern New Jersey; willing to relocate anywhere in NJ or PA.

Email: borissnm (at) gmail.com

zerogravity
Sep 5, 2007

by Ralp
Job Seeker

Education:
B.S. Business Administration, Finance and Marketing
Recent Graduate

Experience:
Has corporate experience in pricing for fortune 100 company. Has strong academics in finance, but still currently studying more modeling and forecasting through online modules.

Looking For:
Currently trying to transition to a role in business/finance analysis. Looking for Full time or temporary position in junior analyst or associate role.

Skills:
Strong MS Office, SPSS, older ERP systems, and introductory SQL

tommykngo (at) gmail

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
Job Seeker

My experience: B.S. in Communication. Worked one year service repair CompUSA. A+ certified. Experience with medical billing. Live A/V system experience.

What I'm looking for: Help Desk, entry level repair

Where I live: Cleveland, Ohio.

Where I'm looking: Within Ohio

When I can start: 1-2 weeks

Requirements: Health insurance

Can be reached via: In the thread, ek309001 [at] ohio.edu

Number 169
Feb 25, 2007

Let's see if I can guess your function.
New Zealand Job Seeker

Where I'm looking: Auckland, New Zealand only.

My experience: Bachelor of Engineering, 3 years experience in the water/wastewater industry, 1 year experience in Project Management. Strong focus on health and safety, internal and external customer service, working as part of a team with a range of backgrounds and experience levels.

What I'm looking for: Engineering or Project Management positions - graduate roles are fine. Any other serious job opportunities in Auckland will also be considered*.

When I can start: Immediately.

Can be reached via: Katherine Boag at G mail.

*I've been unable to get a job since I was made redundant over 6 months ago, and I'm willing to work below my level of expertise to get some cashflow and/or the opportunity to move up in your organisation (and make me not look like an unemployed bum to family, friends and interviewers).

Number 169 fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Aug 25, 2011

MidasAg
Oct 28, 2007
The Man of Silver
Job Seeker

Where I'm looking:
Bellevue, WA, mostly, but willing to expand to entire Seattle area.

My experience: 6 years of customer service and retail experience. 1 year airline ramp service. Currently an Assistant Manager for a retail store. Have 3 years of business school, in aviation management, and 2 of engineering(chemical and mechanical both)No degree though (currently working to fix that)

What I'm looking for: Anything. I'm currently in a position where I turned down the store manager position, to stay as an ASM and go to school, and they installed a complete and utter dipshit, who is making life a living hell, and breaking policies left and right, but they refuse to fire his rear end.

When I can start: Immediately.

Can be reached via: Mike.Dereske at Gmail.com

I will literally take almost anything right now. This job is effecting my health, marriage, and mental state. I need something different.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Job Opening
Tampa, Florida.

Field: Legal/Data Entry

This is pretty drat specific but I am having trouble finding someone familiar with Client Profiles to integrate forms and continue on a contractor rate to enter new forms as needed. If you are familiar with software and can hit the ground running feel free to e-mail me your resume @ neileshelman at gmail dot com.

If you have any further questions please e-mail me.

DeliriousDelight
Feb 22, 2011

"Let's spend $90 for a robo-puppy who will follow me and play with me and love me forever!"

The dog just walks around and sleeps all day. It won't even play fetch. What kind of dog won't play fetch?
Job Seeker

Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and I'm limited to transit transportation.

Experience: Minimal, really. A two month contract job in an accounting firm for file organizing, and two years part-time retail experience at a cafe.

Education: Recently graduated with a BA Honours in English (Major) and Creative Writing (Minor).

Looking For: Full time, permanent-sort of job, entry level. Ideally something in a publishing house, as it pertains to my education, but right now I need stability, so any kind of office work is great as well.

Can Start: Immediately.

Reachable By: email at nicole.a.monteleone [at] Gmail.com or by PM.

Oh Noetry
Jul 3, 2008
Job Seeker

Brisbane, Queensland (northside or CBD or inner south as I'm relying on public transport)

Education: HSC (QCE equiv) but looking to undertake a Diploma in Human Resource Management via OTEN

Experience: 3 years 9 months in retail management including 7 months as a state trainer for a huge Australian fashion retailer.

Looking for: Anything that isn't on the shop floor. Ideally office work for the retail sector, or any sort of entry-level administrative/data entry positions in govt, health, real estate, recruitment or anything else really. Full time, or part-time with 30+ hours.

Availability: Immediate start. Able to work 7 days a week (somewhere that I could work through weekends and have two weekdays off would be incredible, but it seems pretty uncommon outside of retail management)

Contact me at: cayetano (dot) d (at) hotmail (dot) com, or PM me.

Stinkmeister
Sep 20, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Job Seeker

Education: MFA in Acting, BA in Drama and Philosophy

Experience: 4 years as a Helpdesk Analyst/Computer Support Tech II, worked as a retail grunt through high school.

Looking for: Just about anything. Ideally, something in IT or administration. Part time or full time. Flexible hours would be awesome.

Availability: Immediate.

Contact me at: thestinkmeister (at) hotmail (dot) com or PM.

Stinkmeister fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Aug 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monocular
Jul 29, 2003

Sugartime Jones
Job Seeker

Education: BA in International Studies (mine was essentially Poli. Sci. + Environmental Studies), Certificate in African Studies

Experience: Years of customer service experience (including a supervisory role), teaching English in Alexandria, Egypt. Good at training, research, writing, editing, working with people. TESOL certified.

Looking for: Full time work in or around Milwaukee or Madison. I'm open to pretty much anything entry-level, and I have a varied skill set which is listed in more detail on my resume. If you'd like to see it then please don't hesitate to e-mail me.

Availability: Immediately

Contact me at: monocular123 at gmail dot com

Monocular fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 30, 2011