Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Also, reffing MMA and reffing pro wrestling are two different jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Bryan's rant about refs on the most recent B&V show was rather asinine. Has he ever gotten pissed over a big tatted up dude like Josh Rosenthal reffing bantamweight fights?

MMA fans understand the importance of weight divisions.

Wrestling has no weight divisions. It's simply "be able to gently caress everyone else up"

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Does anyone here post regularly on the F4W board? I pop on it once every couple months, it's a strange place.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

triplexpac posted:

Does anyone here post regularly on the F4W board? I pop on it once every couple months, it's a strange place.

Nah. I have an account and all, but I very rarely post. When I do, it's usually in Alan's forum, which is a pretty good place.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

triplexpac posted:

I've been a member for a few years and I have yet to post there. It's good for quick news between site updates and searching for posts from Dave. That's it though. It's a horrible forum.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

alan's board is real good

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

I can handle it but yeah, the studio apartment line is irrationally rage inducing.

I like the studio apartment line, because it's stupid and silly and just become a Thing He Does.

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!
Bryan's idea of having CM Punk appearing but the camera not focusing on it is a lovely idea, it really is.
Literally everyone says it sucks and he's defending it all the way through, like a true American Badass

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Dickeye posted:

I like the studio apartment line, because it's stupid and silly and just become a Thing He Does.

Yeah it'd be like getting mad at Alvarez for saying "tons of stuff to talk about" it's just part of his show opening routine.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Karmine posted:

Yeah it'd be like getting mad at Alvarez for saying "tons of stuff to talk about" it's just part of his show opening routine.

I actually do get mildly irked by many of Bryan's Bryanisms, but not to the degree the Studio.....................Apartment line gets me. Dunno why, maybe he pauses too long or something. Regardless, I do love Colt's podcast.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I actually do get mildly irked by many of Bryan's Bryanisms, but not to the degree the Studio.....................Apartment line gets me. Dunno why, maybe he pauses too long or something. Regardless, I do love Colt's podcast.

I think the pauses will only get longer as the podcast goes on. It'll become part of the joke.

I kind of like it. I laughed pretty hard the first time I heard it, and it's really the only "quotable" thing on the podcast (unless you memorize his ad spots). Sure, he's said it each week for the past 52 weeks, but that doesn't differ from the norm in wrestling.

It'll also be exciting to hear if he ever changes it due to moving into a bigger apartment.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
So why doesn't WWE let their wrestlers do the Observer any more or shows like that often but they can do something really open like Art of Wrestling?

Where does WWE draw the line?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Sue Denim posted:

So why doesn't WWE let their wrestlers do the Observer any more or shows like that often but they can do something really open like Art of Wrestling?

Probably because the Observer is considered a dirtsheet, whereas Colt is just a guy that hangs out with other guys in his apartment.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Sue Denim posted:

They stopped doing the big interviews on wrestling sites and radio shows right after the Monday Night Wars ended and they didn't have to anymore, really. I'm not sure why Colt gets a pass.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
They've been allowed to do interviews for many people including Live Audio Wrestling. They just barred them from WOL and F4D for obvious reasons.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

I can handle it but yeah, the studio apartment line is irrationally rage inducing.

It's a funny line. Getting mad about it is really dumb.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

CortezFantastic posted:

It's a funny line. Getting mad about it is really dumb.

It's not a funny line, and as such it is perfectly reasonable to get angry at it.

Key word was irrationally angry, by the way. Of course it's a silly thing.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

triplexpac posted:

...I have over 20,000 posts there. Which if you see the postcount thread there, puts me in small company.

Before the Observer merger the board was much friendlier even with everyone still hating Bryan, which I don't think Bryan gets enough respect for. He has somehow cultivated his entire client base to disagree with what he says, and he just goes with it. Everyone's biggest fans (from celebrities to internet celebrities) are probably the ones that make fun of you the most.

The shitposting on the board now ebbs and flows depending on certain time periods (KOTB really brings it out.) Its very easy to get into a trolling mood when there are no mods (Alan4L certainly doesn't count.)

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Captain Charisma posted:

They've been allowed to do interviews for many people including Live Audio Wrestling. They just barred them from WOL and F4D for obvious reasons.

Come to think of it I can't think of the last time I heard an active WWE guy on the LAW.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

PaybackJack posted:

I also recommend people catch the Abe Kanan radio show that Punk and Cabana did, listening to them in that environment you really get a good sense that these guys have a pretty sharp wit.

Is there a way to catch this online? I don't have Sirius/XM and I'd love to hear those two talk shop.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Phenix Rising posted:

it's really the only "quotable" thing on the podcast

This is Art of Wrestling, an entryway into the minds, the hearts, the souls and the lives of people involved in professional wrestling.

I am Colt Cabana, a Chicago native, a small business man, and entrepreneur, a podcaster, but most importantly I am a wrestler!

This has been the Art of Wrestling, for Colt Cabana... I'm Colt Cabana.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Karmine posted:

Come to think of it I can't think of the last time I heard an active WWE guy on the LAW.

Yeah someone cut it off a few years ago

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
While talking about the Board another mention of DC SNIPER must be in order. He is like some idiot savant troll genius and at last count has successfully trolled Chris Jericho on twitter and been given a shout out on a ROH iPPV. He cracks me up.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

LordPants posted:

While talking about the Board another mention of DC SNIPER must be in order. He is like some idiot savant troll genius and at last count has successfully trolled Chris Jericho on twitter and been given a shout out on a ROH iPPV. He cracks me up.

I'm more of a Crumbley mark myself. I even bought him an account here which he does not use.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
The F4W board stopped being good in 2007 or so

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Rythian posted:

This is Art of Wrestling, an entryway into the minds, the hearts, the souls and the lives of people involved in professional wrestling.

I am Colt Cabana, a Chicago native, a small business man, and entrepreneur, a podcaster, but most importantly I am a wrestler!

This has been the Art of Wrestling, for Colt Cabana... I'm Colt Cabana.

Yeah, well... okay.

Need wrestling gear, a wrestling RING?! Highspots.com!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

CombineThresher posted:

Is there a way to catch this online? I don't have Sirius/XM and I'd love to hear those two talk shop.

Here you go.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Just listened to the last two Art of Wrestling podcasts and have a few thoughts. I'm now officially on the get Ryder on TV! bandwagon. If they let this dude be himself on Raw week after week he could be a huge merch seller. And he's good in the ring so I'd prefer he'd get the push Alex Riley is getting.

Also Chris Hero is cool as gently caress. I just hope none of the Raw writers hear about Claudio-isms. I'd hate for someone as talented as him to be saddled with a Melonade gimmick. Although, I must admit that I'd buy a Waterlemon shirt the second it went on sale.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Phenix Rising posted:

Yeah, well... okay.

Need wrestling gear, a wrestling RING?! Highspots.com!

I could probably repeat all the ad slogans too, I've listened to a lot of AOW podcasts recently.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

If you don't like Colt's "Live from the Studio"

"... apartment" line, or "For Colt Cabana, I'm... Colt Cabana" line, you are a Dumb Jerk who Doesn't Like Funny

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SGRaaize posted:

Bryan's idea of having CM Punk appearing but the camera not focusing on it is a lovely idea, it really is.
Literally everyone says it sucks and he's defending it all the way through, like a true American Badass

The best part is it's a complete Russo idea, and he's so passionate about it being great. Vinny's exhausted "...no, dude, it's dumb" reaction was great, though. Doubly so because I can remember Bryan ranting about how you HAVE to make things obvious for the retards in the audience and now he's claiming Vinny's being too cynical.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

The Berzerker posted:

If you don't like Colt's "Live from the Studio"

"... apartment" line, or "For Colt Cabana, I'm... Colt Cabana" line, you are a Dumb Jerk who Doesn't Like Funny

Because as we all know jokes only get funnier the more you say them.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

The best part is it's a complete Russo idea, and he's so passionate about it being great. Vinny's exhausted "...no, dude, it's dumb" reaction was great, though. Doubly so because I can remember Bryan ranting about how you HAVE to make things obvious for the retards in the audience and now he's claiming Vinny's being too cynical.
It's literally exactly the same thing they did with Matt Hardy and it went over like loving gangbusters until they gave him a microphone. Vinny's wrong.

BobbyHeenanTinyHat
Apr 1, 2005

Calling all girls of the opposite sex

Gonzo McFee posted:

Because as we all know jokes only get funnier the more you say them.
Works for Stewart Lee.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE

M1TCH3LL posted:

Works for Stewart Lee.
Randy Orton came out and he said "I'm in oil." And Punk said, "Are you a sardine?"

He came out, Vinny...

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Don't take this the wrong way but I don't think Colt Cabanna is quite on the same level as Stewart Lee.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I love Colt and his podcast, but the way they rip into him on the Abe Kanan Show for taking "seventeen minutes" at the start of the podcast is hilarious.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

It's literally exactly the same thing they did with Matt Hardy and it went over like loving gangbusters until they gave him a microphone. Vinny's wrong.

Except you got to see Matt. Bryan's saying you literally never show Punk. The announcers didn't acknowledge it, sure, but Matt even grabbed the house mic during that angle. It didn't die until they 'officially' brought him back with Vince.

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Yeah, go check the July 20 Brian and Vinny show thread over at "Radio Shows" if you haven't already, he's called on his bullshit and acts all defensive, for hilarious results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

Volcano Style posted:

Randy Orton came out and he said "I'm in oil." And Punk said, "Are you a sardine?"

He came out, Vinny...

I would pay good money for that B&V show.

• Locked thread