Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rap Music and Dope
Dec 25, 2010
For some reason Euros really suck to
This is my favorite thread of all time. I don't really have any good griefing stories but I do like to role-play in DOTA. There's just something about pretending I'm a time traveling enigma playing some sort of forced arena game. I love casting black hole on the enemy team and just all chatting "This dimension! It is unstable!". The few cool players love it and the rest of the insufferable community hate it.

Edit: Not mine but some dota trolling.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8-ttdvzrIQ

Rap Music and Dope fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 24, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Endorph posted:

Yeah, but the voidwalker was for SOLO PvE. The Voidwalker has an ability that it autocast unless you specifically turned it off, that made it try to get the target's attention. Which means the target might attack it, instead of the designated tank.

The Imp was what they wanted you to use, and I can't blame them. It has a passive that gives everyone in the party a huge health boost, and also does okay damage.

TL;DR SpookyLizard is bad at video games.

After I got the void walker I stopped upgrading the other pets because I really never used 'em. So that's probably why I never really used the imp.

To be honest I griefed myself by playing WoW because I'd let little poo poo get to me, like the people who insisted on tagging every group of monsters (the party leader can assign different 'tags' to monsters to make it easier to organize the fights) for every tiny group of baddies we came across. Every single monster. These weren't anything special just random groups of mooks who weren't anything to worry about.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Man I spent like an hour and a half last night trying to pull my combat medic grief in TF2 and nothing. I think I pretty much griefed myself by losing an hour and a half of my day.

Of the dozen or so servers I tried, no armchair generals barking orders over mics, no one screaming at me to play my role appropriately. Perhaps the halcyon days of my TF2 youth hath passed~

Gay but Spooky
Oct 25, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

Man I spent like an hour and a half last night trying to pull my combat medic grief in TF2 and nothing. I think I pretty much griefed myself by losing an hour and a half of my day.

Of the dozen or so servers I tried, no armchair generals barking orders over mics, no one screaming at me to play my role appropriately. Perhaps the halcyon days of my TF2 youth hath passed~

Try a goon server, possible the easiest place to grief

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
I just have fun in BFBC2 knocking over helicopters with Carl Gustavs when someone gets in one and flies off without me when I'm running towards them (which leaves them gunnerless, in the case of the attack copters, or completely defenseless in the case of the bigger ones). The rocket doesn't damage the copter, but if you hit it right if flips over in midair and hits the ground and explodes.

Gustavus
May 27, 2008

Lock up your sons and daughters.

SpookyLizard posted:

After I got the void walker I stopped upgrading the other pets because I really never used 'em. So that's probably why I never really used the imp.

This is the best way to play WoW. Just do what you want and don't worry about the sperglords and people with cum stains drying on their spreadsheets. For the most part, you'll be able to do any instance that's worth doing, and if you're worried about doing the higher tiered raids and the like, you should probably just kill yourself anyway.

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Gustavus posted:

This is the best way to play WoW. Just do what you want and don't worry about the sperglords and people with cum stains drying on their spreadsheets. For the most part, you'll be able to do any instance that's worth doing, and if you're worried about doing the higher tiered raids and the like, you should probably just kill yourself anyway.

This is it

Why worry about armchair generals and other annoying, spergy all-or-nothing about video games losers that will probably impair if not outright ruin your enjoyment of a pastime when you could be trolling them instead?

That's magical :3:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

The Amputee House posted:

Try a goon server, possible the easiest place to grief

Actually managed to find one full of serious-business TEAM PLAYERS [themachine.net or something]

Apparently, the proper response to "hey codejockey start healing people or you're gone" isn't "lol learn to appreciate strategy, noob"

I was cleaning up, too, stupid admin

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
That's pretty much why I say I griefed myself. I used to let stuff like that get to me.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
To be honest, it sounds like you were a pretty clueless warlock. That's the thing about WOW. Yes, you can be a min/maxing sperglord, but you can also be a completely useless twit who wastes everyone's time. People telling you off for being the latter doesn't mean that they were the former.

Does it really even count as griefing if you're doing it unintentionally?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Even if it's unintentional, being dead weight in a team game is griefing.

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.
I killed British - "I'm bad at videogames and people yell at me a lot :(" thread

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

blatman posted:

Even if it's unintentional, being dead weight in a team game is griefing.

I disagree; griefing is all about intent. Otherwise anyone who is bad at a videogame can be considered a griefer.

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Gustavus posted:

This wasn't spreadsheet crap though. This was something that was overtly obvious. Admittedly, I've done the same thing with a Priest.
Player: Are you sure you are using the right healing spec?
Me: Are you dead?
Player: No.
Me: Then lets go.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Jul 25, 2011

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
Yeah! How dare he play the game how he likes :argh:

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

Endorph posted:

Yeah, but the voidwalker was for SOLO PvE. The Voidwalker has an ability that it autocast unless you specifically turned it off, that made it try to get the target's attention. Which means the target might attack it, instead of the designated tank.

The Imp was what they wanted you to use, and I can't blame them. It has a passive that gives everyone in the party a huge health boost, and also does okay damage.

TL;DR SpookyLizard is bad at video games.

Back in the day good warlocks rarely used the voidwalker for even solo PvE. Until the recent nerfs one of the warlock's strong points was the ability to drain the health out of enemies, replenishing his own. It was a class where you could load draining spells onto entire areas of enemies and come out on top with full health.

I can sum up that big long story for anyone that didn't read it:
SpookyLizard used his pet to get his party into combat while he teleported out of the dungeon.

Fun warlock griefing in WoW was during the first expansion. Warlocks can enslave demons, and the expansion was largely demon based. There was this PVP area, called Halaa, where Horde and Alliance could fight over control of a town. Right down the road was an area packed full of Elite demons, that normally are killed with a group for various quests. Any warlock worth their salt could head there, pick out a demon several stories tall and strong as the gods, bind it to their will and march down to Halaa and start decimating the opposing players.

This is a bit of setup, so bare with me.

Healthstones are consumables warlocks can make, that are basically free health potions. To make many at once a warlock can start a ritual, involving two other players that click a portal, this summons up a font that anyone can grab a healthstone from. Now back in the first expansion instead of a portal, the ability would plop down an altar everyone would click, and your average player was(and still is) conditioned to click for free health items.

The ritual at the time was copy and pasted from a little known warlock ritual called Ritual of Doom, that would drop an identical altar. This ritual was obtained by doing obscure quests, so 90% of warlocks didn't have it or know about it, let alone your average non-warlock. It took a full party of 5 to perform Ritual of Doom, at which point a random party member, including the warlock, is sacrificed to the ritual and killed and a Doomguard is summoned that would immediately start attacking the party.

In groups I would drop my Ritual of Doom instead of the healthstone ritual, and like Pavlov's Dogs the party would immediately click, killing someone, and causing confusion, anger, laughter, and demon attack.

FuzzyPickles fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 25, 2011

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Wild T posted:

I disagree; griefing is all about intent. Otherwise anyone who is bad at a videogame can be considered a griefer.

What's funny is that I set out to grief people playing combat medic the other day, but a) actually did pretty well on a few matches and b) had a lot of fun doing it because combat medic owns

Now occasionaally I was playing horribly badly [and laughing my rear end off the entire time] on purpose sure but when I put effort into it and actually started racking up kills is when people started to notice and get mad, it's funny in a way

*sees medic charge into battle and get ripped to shreds*
*sees a bunch of people get killed by syringes in the kill announcements*
HEY MEDIC GO UBER PEOPLE DO UR JOB

e. a fun response to this is always "You're lame if you need to be made invulnerable to actually be good at TF2"

duffath
May 9, 2007

My name is Legion for we are many.
What's the best way to get into SS13? It sounds like playing it with goons is an absolute riot, but it seems quite complicated and perhaps sometimes a rather unforgiving environment to be in.

I'd like to try it out and learn a little maybe, but don't want to ruin everyone else game by being the stupid noobie, or is that forgivable by goons since they can vent me out in the space while I am typing "hey some guy has grabbed me and is about to throw me out an airlock...how do I stop him guys?"

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

duffath posted:

What's the best way to get into SS13?

Presumably one would start at the Space Station 13 thread, or the Secrets of Space Station 13 thread.

E: Talking about what is happening in a current round is an absolute taboo, just get thrown into space like a trooper and ask what you could have done about it when the round is over.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

duffath posted:

What's the best way to get into SS13? It sounds like playing it with goons is an absolute riot, but it seems quite complicated and perhaps sometimes a rather unforgiving environment to be in.

I'd like to try it out and learn a little maybe, but don't want to ruin everyone else game by being the stupid noobie, or is that forgivable by goons since they can vent me out in the space while I am typing "hey some guy has grabbed me and is about to throw me out an airlock...how do I stop him guys?"

http://ss13.donglabs.com/index.php?title=Getting_Started
http://ss13.donglabs.com/index.php?title=Basics
http://ss13.donglabs.com/index.php?title=Tips_N_Tricks

These three articles are a good starting point. The first two are a short summary of how to work the controls, and the third has tips for avoiding silly mistakes.

Welcome aboard.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
Really how hard is it to spec the right skills in WoW? On my shaman I would always pick any talent that had "heal" in the description somewhere or something that buffed an ability that healed. I guess I am an insufferable sperglord min/maxer. The game is designed to be able to be played by the lowest common denominator of MMO players.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

You play shaman? Go figure.

Anyways, it's pretty easy to get a decent spec, especially after Cataclysm revamped the talent system to tighten up the trees and lock you into a tree until you spend enough points to get the end talent in the tree. To get the best usually requires a little research still, like which heal you should be focusing on as shaman, but you get far fewer complete disaster specs now.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Really how hard is it to spec the right skills in WoW? On my shaman I would always pick any talent that had "heal" in the description somewhere or something that buffed an ability that healed. I guess I am an insufferable sperglord min/maxer. The game is designed to be able to be played by the lowest common denominator of MMO players.

You can get by in normal level 85 (max level) dungeons even with a pretty garbage spec. If you've got decent gear, you can even do heroics with a crap spec. You will not be anything resembling useful in an end-game raid, though.

"Easy to learn, tough to master" is the general idea. You can see some endgame content even if you suck, but you're not going to be able to do any of the cool or difficult stuff (until it gets ridiculously detuned, anyway).

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

I picked up one of these a few months ago, and played around with it with friends, but didn't do a lot with it outside of that. Yesterday I fired it up and logged some Halo time seeing what I could do to piss off the pubbies.

At first, I had a hard time getting people with mics, and then when I found some, I had a hard time getting them to react. I tried a few different things, from just simply spamming annoying music over the mic (nyancat was inexplicably a huge hit with most of them) to Wilford Brimley soundboards. I ran into a few people who seemed to think I was Wilford Brimley, which was pretty fun, but didn't ultimately get the kind of responses I wanted.

Anyone got any suggestions for what to try next time? If you plug the cable directly into your computer's headphone jack you can play solid and ignore the lovely-quality, low-memory button setup.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Well... I don't know how Halo is, since I've never played beyond Halo 1 local matches, but with TF2, my strategy is this: log into a server and wait a few minutes, doing whatever. If, within that first few minutes, I hear people barking orders at others, or generally talking endlessly about the game going on, or bitching about how the other team/their own team is playing, I consider it prime grief territory. If the mics are silent, it's usually a bad sign.

I also tend to look for servers with poo poo like "SERIOUS TEAM PLAY" in the name or whatever.

Dunno if it's the same for Halo... just need to find the most serious, effort-y server you can and go to town, and it usually doesn't take long to find them in TF2 anyway.

Oh and clan servers [servers with some reference to being an official clan server] are almost always good. If you can see a list of who's playing, and the majority of people have clan tags, well there you go

e. of all things I managed to grief Burnout Paradise the other day. I hopped into a random game and some people were doing jumps over and over again. I kept running into whoever was running the server, getting takedown after takedown while he was just trying to enjoy his jumping. Eventually I see his car just sitting there and thought "yep I know what this means" and sure enough, about a minute later I get a message on the PSN saying "one more time and you're gone". I replied back ":)" as I flung my car into his, and he immediately switched the server to invite only and banned me. You'd think a game about smashing cars into each other and being a dick to people would be harder to grief, but welp

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 25, 2011

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Code Jockey posted:

e. of all things I managed to grief Burnout Paradise the other day. I hopped into a random game and some people were doing jumps over and over again. I kept running into whoever was running the server, getting takedown after takedown while he was just trying to enjoy his jumping. Eventually I see his car just sitting there and thought "yep I know what this means" and sure enough, about a minute later I get a message on the PSN saying "one more time and you're gone". I replied back ":)" as I flung my car into his, and he immediately switched the server to invite only and banned me. You'd think a game about smashing cars into each other and being a dick to people would be harder to grief, but welp

Burnout is one of the easiest things to grief, especially if you have good cars. Sometimes people will spend minutes trying to hit one jump just perfectly so they could reach some obscure area, and then they'd just sit up there and drive in circles, showing off to everybody. Then I come along and either land on them or just push them off the building they were on, and they will spend the rest of the game chasing me. I think my crowning achievement was when I managed to get about 4 people all chasing me at once through the city, because I had just Tboned them as they tried to make a jump, nudged them off a ledge, or something.

I just found it hilarious because they became hell bent on killing me, especially if I message them with "got you lol" after I killed them. Equally infuriating to them is when you just have a faster/stronger car, and can head-on crash into them and survive while they get destroyed. I've had a guy get so mad that he started just flooring it straight at me every time he respawned, so I drove behind a little indestructible wall and he smashed into it because he didn't notice it. I sent him a message "Why'd you do that, dummy?" and he quit.

griefing console gamers :allears:

Logtar
Sep 15, 2008

by T. Fine

Code Jockey posted:

Well... I don't know how Halo is, since I've never played beyond Halo 1 local matches, but with TF2, my strategy is this: log into a server and wait a few minutes, doing whatever. If, within that first few minutes, I hear people barking orders at others, or generally talking endlessly about the game going on, or bitching about how the other team/their own team is playing, I consider it prime grief territory. If the mics are silent, it's usually a bad sign.

I also tend to look for servers with poo poo like "SERIOUS TEAM PLAY" in the name or whatever.

Dunno if it's the same for Halo... just need to find the most serious, effort-y server you can and go to town, and it usually doesn't take long to find them in TF2 anyway.

Oh and clan servers [servers with some reference to being an official clan server] are almost always good. If you can see a list of who's playing, and the majority of people have clan tags, well there you go

Exactly this. Silent servers are a no go for griefing, you have to find one with an active community. I went into an EGO server on CS:S last night and it went like this:

admin: Change your name
Bill loving Murray: No.
*You have been banned for reason: offensive name*

loving EGO servers are so dumb.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
^^^ Oh god Counterstrike. I forgot how amazing that is for griefing. Oh so many nights of spraying bottleguy.jpg and teamflashing and otherwise being loving worthless [god help my team if I'm the last man alive]

As for Burnout:
Yeah I had a similar situation to the "drive up in a random spot and just sit" thing actually, in a game before the one I mentioned

Dude was on the island, near that kind of bowl-shaped spot right near the entrance to the island, and was sitting up on a ledge that was somewhat tough to reach. Took me a few tries but I managed to hop up next to him, and I swear to god it was like clockwork, as soon as I landed he proceeded to nudge me off slowly. I laughed hysterically thinking about him sitting there thinking NO MY LEDGE YOU GO AWAY

What was especially funny about this game was the voice chat going on. There were maybe 5 other people on the server all in the same area, and guy up on the ledge was discussing with them how to be a good christian, and how violent Puerto Ricans are. When I got nudged off, that whole time he didn't miss a beat with his conversation.

I was the one who got griefed that game, because I knew the entire time I had better things to do than sit around and listen to people talking about the degree of violence present in various ethnic groups and what Jesus's plan is, and yet I stayed because it was too interesting to bail out on

Logtar
Sep 15, 2008

by T. Fine

Code Jockey posted:

^^^ Oh god Counterstrike. I forgot how amazing that is for griefing. Oh so many nights of spraying bottleguy.jpg and teamflashing and otherwise being loving worthless [god help my team if I'm the last man alive]

As for Burnout:
Yeah I had a similar situation to the "drive up in a random spot and just sit" thing actually, in a game before the one I mentioned

Dude was on the island, near that kind of bowl-shaped spot right near the entrance to the island, and was sitting up on a ledge that was somewhat tough to reach. Took me a few tries but I managed to hop up next to him, and I swear to god it was like clockwork, as soon as I landed he proceeded to nudge me off slowly. I laughed hysterically thinking about him sitting there thinking NO MY LEDGE YOU GO AWAY

What was especially funny about this game was the voice chat going on. There were maybe 5 other people on the server all in the same area, and guy up on the ledge was discussing with them how to be a good christian, and how violent Puerto Ricans are. When I got nudged off, that whole time he didn't miss a beat with his conversation.

I was the one who got griefed that game, because I knew the entire time I had better things to do than sit around and listen to people talking about the degree of violence present in various ethnic groups and what Jesus's plan is, and yet I stayed because it was too interesting to bail out on

I love Burnout Paradise (except I play on the PC) for this exact reason. Having the mic on without a push to talk key makes it extremely easy to stay focused while griefing with your car and your mic. :D

Ashe
Mar 5, 2001
I was anal raped by a pack of wild gorillas at OH-GASIM. And I liked it.
I posted a long time ago about how I usually grief in FPS games, so I won't revisit that.But it is kind of involved yet has very good results.

However, I have recently started to cause outright mayhem with minimal effort. Lets use TF2 as an example. I will play a scout and push or capture points the entire round until it starts getting close to time running out. I don't scream or anything, but I get on the mic and just say something along the lines of "WOW it sure would be nice if absolutely ANYONE ELSE ON THIS TEAM would help push!". So...no personal insults, no cursing. Just a statement.

This sets a few people off right away, raging about how my score sucks, etc. If we win, all I do is type out " WE WIN!!!!!!" then "WE WON!!!" followed by something like "MAN it feels amazing to own!". Someone WILL rage over this, without fail. The key is to bait someone without actually insulting any one person.

The second that someone says something unsavory about me, I call them fat/nerd/fat nerd. Obviously I have no idea if they are any of those things, but I am adament about their weight, or their poor social life. I just say little quips while still playing. This causes a wildfire effect, and suddenly 4 people are raging on the mic. Oh we won again? "WOW WE OWNED!!! WE WON GJ!!". Rage ensues.

If we are losing, I will team swap or go spectate, join the winning team right as the round ends.."WE WON!!!!". By now, people are legitimately screaming. This isnt a one time thing, it happens *every* single time I do this. Any time I get a kill against someone talking trash? "OWNED FAT BOY. SIT DOWN PIGLET", etc. My scout pistol is actually named "SLAYER OF FAT BOYS". To me, it's obvious that I am just trolling, but apparently not to many. Now...the true rage begins when 5 people are on the mic at once raging, and I just respond with "SORRY CAN'T HEAR YOU DUE TO THE 5 PEOPLE SCREAMING IN RAGE...TAKE TURNS RAGING, PLEASE". All the while, everyone denies that they are even remotely upset...while screaming.

Then I go totally silent and just play. After 5 mins or so, someone will say something about me. My response is "Wow...SOMEONE'S mad! Just let it go...let it go man, im over it. Sorry that I got so under your fat, nerdy skin". I just interrupt everything they say on the mic until they shush. If anyone yells "OMG shut up nobody cares that you're winning!", I respond with "Well obviously you cared enough to say something. I caused an emotional response in you. YOU CARE".

I push this until an admin gets called in, at which point I go dead silent. By now everyone is losing their minds, and the admin will tell me to chill or I am banned. Sometimes I get banned right away though. But when they stay, I am very well spoken and I claim that I was merely defending myself against personal attacks. Everyone flips out and says I am lying, blah blah, whatever. I tell the admin that I sit there quiet and they keep harassing me, just watch. I won't speak at all, but without fail people are so mad that they will always say something when I kill them or they kill me. Within 10 minutes, I am the guy being bullied and the admin ususally hands out some bans. The instant the admin leaves, I go full on again.

It's kind of upsetting that the least creative grief that I do has the most heated response, though.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
So you pretty much just call people fat and nerdy? Goddamn, so creative.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008

henkman posted:

So you pretty much just call people fat and nerdy? Goddamn, so creative.

He caused an emotional response in you. YOU CARE.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I used to be able to anger people by ubering engineers, sad that doesn't work anymore either

Thinking about playing a new angle but I'm not really sure what to do, what are some still-effective TF2 griefs beyond just combat medic-ing

I heard some engineers get yelled at for bad turret placement but that's bush league

FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT

Ashe posted:

To me, it's obvious that I am just trolling, but apparently not to many.

Because for one people do this without trying to troll(possibly you) and then claim after when they get called out it that they were just trolling (puppet master). I genuinely feel like you may be griefing yourself more than you are griefing anyone else.

Code Jockey posted:

I used to be able to anger people by ubering engineers, sad that doesn't work anymore either

An uber engineer isn't bad anymore for a variety of reasons due to new weapons. Not saying these always apply but some engineers will have a large amount of revenge crits(guaranteed) stored up and when you uber them could go on a massive killing spree. Or between your uber and their wrangler (sentry damage reduction) could sustain a sentry through a very devoted attack.

Logtar
Sep 15, 2008

by T. Fine
Can it be considered griefing if I focus one person on League of Legends and type "OWNED" every time I kill them? I only do this when the other person makes a quip about how amazing they are at the game compared to their team or something of the like. Then I proceed to make them my bitch. If they kill me I just spam "FLUKE"

e: This works especially well as Annie

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

League of Legends doesn't count. I mean, i'm not being derogatory here towards your grief here, but everyone in that game is always so angry anyways simply because they're playing LoL. Even if you make them more angry, it's just a drop of rage in their bucket of hate.

You could punch someone's kitten in the face while throwing peanut butter at their sickly mother and the amount of emotion that they would feel couldn't compare to when someone on their team is feeding.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Verr posted:

but everyone in that game is always so angry anyways simply because they're playing LoL.

I think I love you. Playing LoL is the ultimate way to troll one's self.

e: To contribute to the discussion, I remember taking teammates for a long, long ride in Tribes 1 & 2 back in the day. :unsmith:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jul 25, 2011

Logtar
Sep 15, 2008

by T. Fine

Verr posted:

League of Legends doesn't count. I mean, i'm not being derogatory here towards your grief here, but everyone in that game is always so angry anyways simply because they're playing LoL. Even if you make them more angry, it's just a drop of rage in their bucket of hate.

You could punch someone's kitten in the face while throwing peanut butter at their sickly mother and the amount of emotion that they would feel couldn't compare to when someone on their team is feeding.

Touche.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Logtar posted:

Can it be considered griefing if I focus one person on League of Legends and type "OWNED" every time I kill them? I only do this when the other person makes a quip about how amazing they are at the game compared to their team or something of the like. Then I proceed to make them my bitch. If they kill me I just spam "FLUKE"

e: This works especially well as Annie

I just prefer not saying anything when I kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camgirl fangirl
Jan 17, 2008
EAT MORE

Ashe posted:

Words

I play against people like you a lot who just call people fat nerds in all caps. My response is usually to troll them back by pretending to be upset while they get more and more fervent in their insults. The meta-grief is the best grief. Ever considered someone is doing the same to you? Obviously I don't point out to the "griefer" that I was meta-trolling them.

• Locked thread