Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Was this on a show with Dave? If so was Dave like "Birds can't really kidnap people."

Dave's complete lack of a sense of humor is comedy to me in itself.

Sadly no, this was on a Vinnie show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Dave responded to the bird angle on the Strikeforce review show. As per usual he completely no sold it, and was like "Nobody will remember it because it was on Impact."

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Speaking of the bird.

'Now THAT I would think of every time I see a black bird.'

Dave's a really funny guy sometimes when his dry delivery doesn't stop something he says registering as a joke.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

amplifierWORSHIP posted:

Molly Holly is continually proven to be one of the most selfless and giving people in pro-wrestling, what a sweet story :allears:

Seriously. Even New Jack takes the high road when it comes to Molly.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Borh posted:

I would pay good money for an audiobook of Granny reading the phone book.

I don't usually listen to Granny segments but her trying to pronounce those names was fantastic.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED
So what podcast is the one with unfunny Dave and all? It sounds like a pretty awesome one.

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

shotgunbadger posted:

So what podcast is the one with unfunny Dave and all? It sounds like a pretty awesome one.

That would be the wrestling observer radio show at wrestlingobserver.com (but it's a pay site)

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

Euthyphro posted:

That would be the wrestling observer radio show at wrestlingobserver.com (but it's a pay site)

Oh right, I remember checking them out and not being very into it. So aside from them and Art of Wrestling are there any other good podcasts for this stuff? The OP seems to have just them listed as non-terrible, but I'm wondering if there's any more.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

shotgunbadger posted:

Oh right, I remember checking them out and not being very into it. So aside from them and Art of Wrestling are there any other good podcasts for this stuff? The OP seems to have just them listed as non-terrible, but I'm wondering if there's any more.

It's basically:

Wrestling Observer
I Want Wrestling
Art of Wrestling
Figure 4 Daily (when a good guest is on)

Everything else is pretty poor IMO.

gibsonisacripple fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Aug 1, 2011

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

gibsonisacripple posted:

Everything else is pretty poor IMO.

Aww.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

dshban posted:

Aww.

Some of us love Smart Wrestling Fan.

Well, I do. Can't speak for anyone else.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

dshban posted:

Aww.

This guy does a pretty good podcast. Listen to it.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED
Thanks, got both Smart Wrestling Fan and I Want Wrestling in my phone for later.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

shotgunbadger posted:

Thanks, got both Smart Wrestling Fan and I Want Wrestling in my phone for later.

Have you checked out Punchsport Podcast because you totally should.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Punchsport podcast is very good indeed, but works in a very different way to Smart Wrestling Fan. I think of it as being the difference between a review show and a discussion show.

SWF is quite regimented (for all its diversions) and has sections it discusses every week, bases it has to cover. Every week you're definitely going to get reviews of the big 3, reviews of any pay per view that's on, listener emails, and any other features that come up. Joe Negron is very good at driving the conversation forward, partly because if he wasn't, the show would be 6 hours long each week.

Punchsport is like sitting around a table with the five smartest guys you know, and just talking wrestling for an hour. There's less of an agenda, and even where there are topics that people want to discuss, the format supports digression a lot more, so it feels organic.

Both have their appeal, and I'm sincerely glad there is such a range of wrestling shows out there covering different areas of the business.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Karmine posted:

Have you checked out Punchsport Podcast because you totally should.

I like you. :)

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

There's also Shoot Promo, recorded live on wednesdays on /wooo/. A sort of who's line is it anyway variation for wrestling topics. It's got some funny moments, like in the latest one where I reveal myself to be Ultra Mantis Black.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

weekly font posted:

I like you. :)

And I like your podcast!

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

Lamuella posted:

Punchsport podcast is very good indeed, but works in a very different way to Smart Wrestling Fan. I think of it as being the difference between a review show and a discussion show.

SWF is quite regimented (for all its diversions) and has sections it discusses every week, bases it has to cover. Every week you're definitely going to get reviews of the big 3, reviews of any pay per view that's on, listener emails, and any other features that come up. Joe Negron is very good at driving the conversation forward, partly because if he wasn't, the show would be 6 hours long each week.

Punchsport is like sitting around a table with the five smartest guys you know, and just talking wrestling for an hour. There's less of an agenda, and even where there are topics that people want to discuss, the format supports digression a lot more, so it feels organic.

Both have their appeal, and I'm sincerely glad there is such a range of wrestling shows out there covering different areas of the business.

Nifty, well for sports/gaming type stuff I really enjoy both styles, so might as well get both and cover all bases. Thanks a lot for the info! Is it on itunes too? I did a search and couldn't find it, but I did find their site after a google.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

shotgunbadger posted:

Nifty, well for sports/gaming type stuff I really enjoy both styles, so might as well get both and cover all bases. Thanks a lot for the info! Is it on itunes too? I did a search and couldn't find it, but I did find their site after a google.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3421152

For all your PSPcast needs.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED
Thanks!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Haha I can't remember the exact quote, but Dave talking about "wanting to spray bullets into the crowd" was quite the statement.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Brock Lesnar has drawn more in one PPV then TNA has its entire life.

:smithicide:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lamuella posted:

Punchsport is like sitting around a table with the five smartest guys you know

"Hardcore Holly had a vagina on his back!"
":laugh:"

But it IS a very enjoyable listen :)

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

"Hardcore Holly had a vagina on his back!"
":laugh:"

I never claimed the other guys I know were that smart.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Dave's analysis of Raw last night, and the Punk storyline overall, was pretty much spot on. A nice reminder of why I still subscribe.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I'm on THE BOARD for the first time, where do I find the Adrenaline Flush compilations?

Are the any other essentials on the board like Adrenaline Flush or in the Archives?

Edit: I also want to listen to the shows with Bryan's creepy friend who had the dating video on youtube.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Aug 2, 2011

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

Sue Denim posted:

I'm on THE BOARD for the first time, where do I find the Adrenaline Flush compilations?

Are the any other essentials on the board like Adrenaline Flush or in the Archives?

Edit: I also want to listen to the shows with Bryan's creepy friend who had the dating video on youtube.

Go to the Radio Shows forum, it is the Audio Compilation Archive thread stickied at the top.

The friend is named Brent. Not sure what is the best way to get your fill of him.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Space Cob posted:

Go to the Radio Shows forum, it is the Audio Compilation Archive thread stickied at the top.

The friend is named Brent. Not sure what is the best way to get your fill of him.

Wasn't there an episode where they talked about his creepiness at Bryan's wedding? That would be a good one.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

triplexpac posted:

Wasn't there an episode where they talked about his creepiness at Bryan's wedding? That would be a good one.

Oh yeah! I'm pretty sure one of the Bryan and Vinny Rewinds has a lot of him in it.

Actually, pretty much CTRL+F "Brent" and anything you find will be gold.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

triplexpac posted:

The B&V Rewind for August 2010 has almost 2 hours of Brent talk and it is amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
As great as Brent at the wedding is and his questions about Dave Meltzer's son's penis, that was not peak Brent.

Peak Brent was when Brent was a guest on Figure 4 Daily from a mental institution in Minnesota. It should be in early October of 2009.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Brent: "Have you seen Lance Storm?"
Lance Storm: "No."

End of conversation

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Was Rich Swan the guy that turned up in Japan with like a t-shirt and five bucks, and then went to the exchange office and said "ME NO HAVE ALOT OF MONEY" in a hilariously racist accent?

They talked about Rich with Alan on F4daily today, just trying to make sure I have the right guy.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

LordPants posted:

Was Rich Swan the guy that turned up in Japan with like a t-shirt and five bucks, and then went to the exchange office and said "ME NO HAVE ALOT OF MONEY" in a hilariously racist accent?

They talked about Rich with Alan on F4daily today, just trying to make sure I have the right guy.

yea

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Which Wrestlemania was it where Brent got the press conference shut down?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Which Wrestlemania was it where Brent got the press conference shut down?

The one in Seattle. 18?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

That sounds amazing. What'd he do?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I googled it and got this gem off Wiki: "In the Wrestlemania XIX press conference Michael Cole questioned Triple H as to whether he had cut a racist promo, Triple H confirmed this was not the case and was indeed referring to Booker's criminal past"

Also:

--I watched the WWE press conference to for WrestleMania coming to Seattle next year. Early on, WWE superstars were introduced. They mostly stayed in character. It was like a big, worked pep rally.

--Here are the items of note that came out of the "press conference". Vince McMahon said that the Rock would be at WrestleMania. Someone asked him about business being down seemingly everywhere but Seattle, and Vince said that the business runs in cycles and that they will have it back up to where it was by Mania. Some goof asked Vince if he believed there were actually people who thought that wrestling wasn't real. HHH had a great line and said, "Ladies and gentlemen, the dumbest man in America". Brock Lesnar asked the fan to 'bring his dumb rear end up here and find out". Of course, the "reporter" didn't take him up on it. A guy asked Vince about the drug and steroid testing program from years ago, and Vince said he didn't understand the question and told the guy to stand up and take his shirt off. Those dirty words ended the Q and A quite abruptly. Chris Jericho made the save and asked if the people were excited to have Mania come to Seattle, and they popped. Coach then quickly ended the press conference.

triplexpac fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Aug 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If Brent got the Press Conference ended, he must be the guy who asked about the testing?

• Locked thread