Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Can someone recommend me some Yuji Nagata matches? :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I watched Dick Togo's retirement show yesterday. If you have any nostalgia for 90s MPro, this is the show for you. Really nice way to send off one of my favorite wrestlers.

Flameingblack posted:

That was the second big Dino match that really fell flat after all the hype.
I agree with this. The problem is that Dino can have good matches against guys who know what they're doing in the ring but struggles when he's in there with someone who also heavily relies on charisma and wacky antics. He's simply not a guy who can carry Bob Sapp or HG, yet those are the kind of matchups people expect from DDT's biggest show of the year.

Also those links posted contain the 3-hour broadcast, which is missing matches 0, 1, 3 and 4. Those should show up on Dramatic Fantasia sooner or later.

Was really surprised by the main event. KUDO & Big Shuji pulling off an epic Sumo Hall title match is some surreal poo poo.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jul 26, 2011

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Illinois Smith posted:

I agree with this. The problem is that Dino can have good matches against guys who know what they're doing in the ring but struggles when he's in there with someone who also heavily relies on charisma and wacky antics. He's simply not a guy who can carry Bob Sapp or HG, yet those are the kind of matchups people expect from DDT's biggest show of the year.

Also those links posted contain the 3-hour broadcast, which is missing matches 0, 1, 3 and 4. Those should show up on Dramatic Fantasia sooner or later.

Was really surprised by the main event. KUDO & Big Shuji pulling off an epic Sumo Hall title match is some surreal poo poo.
Should have been Sekimoto vs Sapp, but I think DDT might have worried that encounter would flattened Sumo Hall.

Looking forward to a KUDO run with the DDT Title. It's a shame he doesn't get the kind of exposure as Ibushi does.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Lloyd Boner posted:

Can someone recommend me some Yuji Nagata matches? :)
Nagata/Iizuka vs Kawada/Fuchi, New Japan December 14th 2000
Hashimoto/Nagata vs Misawa/Akiyama, Zero-One March 2nd 2001
Akiyama/Nagata vs Misawa/Kobashi, NOAH February 17th 2002
Nagata vs Takayama, New Japan May 2nd 2002
Nagata vs Taue, NOAH June 6th 2003
Nagata vs Bernard, New Japan April 30th 2006
Nagata vs Kanemoto, New Japan August 12th 2006
Tanahashi vs Nagata, New Japan April 13th 2007
Nagata vs Nakanishi, New Japan August 11th 2009
Nagata vs Minoru Suzuki, New Japan January 4th 2011

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Hey! I found Smash 18 and 19! Thanks KikuZombie at the Board.

Man, Io was really happy to be in that match. :haw:

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Funny enough, Io's out of Triple Tails since she showed up at the recent STARDOM show telling Nanae she wanted to team with her before Nanae eventually relented and accepted it. Though who knows if she's legit out for now or if it's going to be part of some angle with Kana and Mio (which I guess would depend on whether or not Kana and Nanae are still pissed at eachother) or what.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Suben posted:

Funny enough, Io's out of Triple Tails since she showed up at the recent STARDOM show telling Nanae she wanted to team with her before Nanae eventually relented and accepted it. Though who knows if she's legit out for now or if it's going to be part of some angle with Kana and Mio (which I guess would depend on whether or not Kana and Nanae are still pissed at eachother) or what.
Io could be the girl from Triple Tails to make it in America, if only one does. Kana has a lot of people talking, but I'm sure most American girls are terrified of her. Beyond that, Kana doesn't want to leave Japan immediately because she has a few businesses to operate.

Io has a pretty unique style to her, enough to set her apart from almost everyone else in America. Kana is just a shoot fighter and by extension, Mio is Kana-lite.

Triple Tails fight one another all the time though, so I don't think they're splitting up.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
Yo, Ditch, what can you tell me about Hajime Ohara? I just saw him on SMASH wrestling and he really caught my eye. Seems pretty young but with a lot of potential. Thoughts/Opinions?

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.
http://www.njpw.co.jp/news/detail.php?nid=6082

New Japan's shop is now shipping stuff overseas, thought you guys might be interested.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Happy Happyist posted:

http://www.njpw.co.jp/news/detail.php?nid=6082

New Japan's shop is now shipping stuff overseas, thought you guys might be interested.

Tempted to get a New Japan Iphone case.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Coffey posted:

Yo, Ditch, what can you tell me about Hajime Ohara? I just saw him on SMASH wrestling and he really caught my eye. Seems pretty young but with a lot of potential. Thoughts/Opinions?

I just started watching the last HUSTLE show and the opener is Ohara & Super Crazy vs. Ultimo Dragon & KG and he did a kamehameha :ssj:

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Coffey posted:

I can tell you zilch because I'm the only person ITT who doesn't watch SMASH.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I've only seen SMASH 15 but I have a few others and plan to get more, but Ohara and Kushida stuck out. Ohara is Ultimo Dragon's protégé and rival and he looks like Jin Kazama from Tekken with Ron Perlman's face. I think he looks dark & cool :twisted:

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn

Ditch posted:

I can tell you zilch because I'm the only person ITT who doesn't watch SMASH.
Boo! Any particular reason why? Some of the women seemed pretty decent too.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Coffey posted:

Boo! Any particular reason why? Some of the women seemed pretty decent too.

I believe he's said before that he's just not as much of a fan of modern puro and joshi.

Edit: And especially the more sports entertainment approach of Hustle and SMASH.

Suben fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Aug 3, 2011

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I don't like divas wrestling. Modern joshi is a hell of a lot better, but it's only really good in comparison to that, rather than '90s joshi. And even that was hit-or-miss.

SMASH and a lot of similar indies have decent wrestlers and such, but don't really *excel*. I'd compare it to most CHIKARA guys, who try but are limited. I can't get into CHIKARA beyond the standout matches with non-trainees (or guys who were trainees and became stars outside the company).

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

Ditch posted:

I don't like divas wrestling. Modern joshi is a hell of a lot better, but it's only really good in comparison to that, rather than '90s joshi. And even that was hit-or-miss.

SMASH and a lot of similar indies have decent wrestlers and such, but don't really *excel*. I'd compare it to most CHIKARA guys, who try but are limited. I can't get into CHIKARA beyond the standout matches with non-trainees (or guys who were trainees and became stars outside the company).

So just out of interest, who do you rate highly nowadays?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The Big Japan non-deathmatch guys. Simple, hard-hitting, consistent effort, and crowds generally give a crap about what they're doing.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

The Big Japan non-deathmatch guys. Simple, hard-hitting, consistent effort, and crowds generally give a crap about what they're doing.

IE this big bastard.

And his protege.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
I'll stick this here as well

quote:

One of the most controversial and talked about female professional wrestlers in Japan is set to compete in the United States for the very first time! Kana, who is currently a regular roster member of both SMASH and the Pro-Wrestling WAVE organization, will be a part of live events promoted by both SHIMMER Women Athletes and CHIKARA during the first two weekends of October!

Known for her explosive striking ability and lethal kicks, Kana is prepared to make her mark on American soil against the top female athletes SHIMMER and CHIKARA have to offer. Kana made her professional wrestling debut in June of 2004 as a member of the AtoZ promotion. Among her accomplishments during subsequent years was co-holding the NEO Tag Team Championship with partner Nanae Takahashi during late 2009. Kana is currently part of an ongoing tournament in SMASH to determine their first Women's Champion.

The SHIMMER events featuring Kana will take place on Saturday & Sunday, October 1st & 2nd at the Berwyn Eagles Club, 6309 26th Street in Berwyn, IL, just outside Chicago. Volumes 41-44 of the SHIMMER DVD series will be filmed during the course of that weekend. Visit http://shimmerwrestling.blogspot.com/p/events.html to purchase advance tickets to the October 1st & 2nd SHIMMER shows.

The CHIKARA events featuring Kana will take place on Friday & Saturday, October 7th & 8th. The October 7th event, titled "Small But Mighty," will take place at the Mid-Atlantic Sportatorium, 1813 Frank Holt Drive in Burlington, NC. The October 8th event, titled "Klunk In Love," will take place at the Kingsport Civic Auditorium, 1550 Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport, TN.

Don't miss this unique opportunity to catch Kana's first American appearances live and in person!

SGRaaize
Jan 19, 2011
DONT YOU DARE TELL ME HOW THE FUCK TO HAVE FUN IN VIDEOGAMES!!! OR TO READ THE FUCKING OP!!!!
Due to being afraid of spoilers, I haven't read the past 6 pages, I just wanna say this, even though I'm way late to the party:

-Kota winning the BOSJ was loving awesome, and kudos on NJPW for doing that move and proving yet again they're the current best Japanese Pro-Wrestling federation.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/08/04/puroresu-pulse-issue-200-g-1-climax-2011-preview/

My G-1 preview! Which is already probably wrong! :downs:

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn
I sought out some more Ohara and although he's not bad, he's nothing special. I'm sure he'll get better. A lot of it, I think, is because SMASH is not real good at giving opportunities to the wrestlers to have good matches. The matches are either really short, or clogged up with old veterans that can hardly move. Plus, Ohara has a really bad finish. He has a great look though!

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NJPW/NOAH/AJPW "ALL TOGETHER", 27.08.2011 (PPV/TV Asahi/NTV/G+/Samurai! TV)
Tokyo Nippon Budokan

1. ALL TOGETHER Opening Match SUNRISE OF J: Kota Ibushi , Taiji Ishimori , Hiroshi Yamato & BUSHI vs. Tiger Mask , Kaz Hayashi , Shuji Kondo & Ricky Marvin
2. FIGHTING FOR FUTURE: Tetsuya Naito , Shuhei Taniguchi & Seiya Sanada vs. Mohammad Yone , Yujiro Takahashi & Manabu Soya
3. OVER THE BORDER: Togi Makabe & Akitoshi Saito vs. Hirooki Goto & Taiyo Kea
4. JUNIOR ONE NIGHT CARNIVAL: Prince Devitt , Ryusuke Taguchi , Kotaro Suzuki , Katsuhiko Nakajima & KAI vs. Koji Kanemoto , KENTA , Yoshinobu Kanemaru , Minoru & Genba Hirayanagi
5. ONE NIGHT REUNION: Masakatsu Funaki, Takuma Sano & Jushin Thunder Liger vs. Minoru Suzuki, Atsushi Aoki & Taichi
6. Destroyer Cup - ALL TOGETHER Special Battle Royal: Hideo Saito , Tomohiro Ishii , Gedo , Takaaki Watanabe , Hiromu Takahashi , KUSHIDA , Tomoaki Honma , Wataru Inoue , Super Strong Machine , Jun Nishikawa , Satoshi Kajiwara , Kento Miyahara , Che-Gyong Lee , Takumi Soya , Soshun , Yasufumi Nakanoue , MAZADA, Masanobu Fuchi , René Duprée , Joe Doering , Zack Sabre Jr., Masao Inoue , Yoshinari Ogawa , Akira Taue
7. MIDSUMMER ENCOUNTER IN BUDOKAN: Yuji Nagata , Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Osamu Nishimura vs. Takeshi Morishima , Akebono , Yutaka Yoshie & Ryota Hama
8. NO FEAR! GO AHEAD!!: Kensuke Sasaki & Jun Akiyama vs. Yoshihiro Takayama & Takao Omori
9. BELIEVE THE POWER OF Prowrestling!: Kenta Kobashi & Keiji Muto vs. Takashi Iizuka & Toru Yano
10. ALL TOGETHER NOW!: Hiroshi Tanahashi , Go Shiozaki & Suwama vs. Shinsuke Nakamura , Takashi Sugiura & KENSO

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

HulkaMatt posted:

Tokyo Nippon Budokan

:words:
What inspirational match titles. Kobashi and Muta on the same team though? Awesome.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Aug 9, 2011

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I just realized that. I didn't know Mutoh was back on the show.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
I notice a distinct lack of CM Punk, possibly because WWE hotshotted the angle :(

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Wazzu posted:

I notice a distinct lack of CM Punk, possibly because WWE hotshotted the angle :(
I might buy a plane ticket to Japan for the chance to see KENTA vs CM Punk.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

HulkaMatt posted:

I just realized that. I didn't know Mutoh was back on the show.

I was about to ask if he was or not, because as of a few days ago I read he was pulling out.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
There was only ever speculation that Mutoh wasn't happy, never an out-and-out "he won't be there". That tag is going to suck really hard...

Will be interesting to see how the show does. I hope the matches get enough time. Except the semi-main.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

There was only ever speculation that Mutoh wasn't happy, never an out-and-out "he won't be there". That tag is going to suck really hard...

Will be interesting to see how the show does. I hope the matches get enough time. Except the semi-main.

What if it's a 3 minute job??? :D?

...Hopes up too high, eh?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
"Winners get the losers' knees" would really be the only way to make that work.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

As long as Kobashi slaps somebodies poo poo and Mutoh sprays someone in the face, I'll be happy. Bonus points for the Burning Mist and Poisoned Lariato

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

HulkaMatt posted:

Tokyo Nippon Budokan

7. MIDSUMMER ENCOUNTER IN BUDOKAN: Yuji Nagata , Satoshi Kojima, Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Osamu Nishimura vs. Takeshi Morishima , Akebono , Yutaka Yoshie & Ryota Hama
This will be the main event, there's no way anyone could build a ring sturdy enough to withstand Team Fatboy.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Whatever happened to the other charity show that Inoki or someone was going to run?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Lloyd Van Buren posted:

Whatever happened to the other charity show that Inoki or someone was going to run?

Inoki "beat up" someone wearing the All Together Now poster. It's still on, and Inoki is still a piece of poo poo.

edit: here, found it.

Strenuous Manflurry fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 10, 2011

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
What a loving lunatic.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!
Inoki is a cock.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Inoki is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
To clarify, Inoki's show is NOT for charity. It will get creamed even with LeBanner vs Barnett on top.

Flameingblack posted:

As long as Kobashi slaps somebodies poo poo and Mutoh sprays someone in the face, I'll be happy. Bonus points for the Burning Mist and Poisoned Lariato
Great Muta isn't on the card :confused: