Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoF
Mar 22, 2007

I BET THE GOONS DID THIS

ASK ME ABOUT BITCOINS, CIS PRIVILEGE, AND MY MASSIVE KARMA ON REDDIT
That is probably the only other acceptable way to deal with 1v1s in wc3(or any rts). The other being to start the game and just go afk while your opponent works hard preparing to beat you and comes in to see you did literally nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
That's brilliant, I've heard of the towering strategy in wc3 before but the fact that they get mad enough to try to play yet another game against you is perfect.

quote:

That is probably the only other acceptable way to deal with 1v1s in wc3(or any rts). The other being to start the game and just go afk while your opponent works hard preparing to beat you and comes in to see you did literally nothing.

Insult to injury: once he's about to move in and kill off your starting units/building, drop your connection to make him stare at the "waiting for player" prompt for about 30 seconds.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Just remembered another amusing, if largely unintentional, SS13 'grief.'

Don't accept drinks from The Devil

I played a few rounds as a Bartender named The Devil, with a huge black beard and glowing red eyes. I would start the round by taking several pills of Kelotane (a drug that cures burn damage over time), drinking a bunch of welding fuel, returning to the bar, and setting myself on fire. This produced a large but short-lived cloud of flame around me, giving most of the bar an ominously scorched appearance, and it allowed me keep burning for an extremely long period of time.

Because of the Kelotane in my system, the fire wouldn't actually hurt me; I could just stand around, blazing like a loving bonfire, chatting amiably with people as they tried to decide whether to order drinks or run for a fire extinguisher. So, when a crewmember walked into the bar, he would discover a charred hellhole staffed by a flame-wreathed, red-eyed man named The Devil. A surprising number of people decided to order drinks anyway.

Now, I figure The Devil knows how to throw a loving party. He doesn't just chuck a case of beer on the counter and call it quits, right? So whenever someone ordered a drink, I would mix together some hard liquor (usually vodka and rum), spritz in some welding fuel, and use a syringe to transfer some of my own blood to the glass, creating an unholy devilblood cocktail. Occasionally I would poo and pee in the glass as well, adding Jenkem to the list of Terrible Things Nobody Should Drink that were in the concoction.

Despite the fact that I did all of this gross poo poo in plain sight, just about everybody would take the drat thing and drink it anyway. Contrary to common sense, drinking that horrible sludge didn't really have any major negative effects, aside from moderate drunkenness and perhaps a mild Jenkem addiction. What's significant is that the welding fuel would remain in the imbiber's system for a while - and, party animal that he was, The Devil didn't skimp on the welding fuel.

Most rounds, this all amounted to nothing more than an overeager assistant spraying me with an extinguisher, putting out my hellfire, and incurring the wrath of Satan. But on one fateful round, the Botanist left a shitload of weed in the bar for everyone to enjoy. Paper was found, joints were rolled, someone produced an igniter, and then it was time to spark up.

The bar turned into a loving inferno. Some of the crew stopped, dropped, and rolled like sensible people, while others tried to flee in a drunken fiery panic, which was hilarious to watch because the really drunk ones had scrambled controls and would stagger around in random directions while screaming "Ooooohhhh ggggoooodddd!!" Throughout all of this, The Devil stood at his bar, unharmed by the omnipresent cloud of fire, and laughed uproariously while mainlining vodka.

I don't think anybody died, but some people probably came close. Things just got funnier later on, as Engineering failed to do its job and the station's power went out of whack. Power surges caused lights to explode, and the drinkers who'd left before the fire got hit by the sparks, had the fuel still in their bodies ignite, and promptly immolated their surroundings while screaming in uncomprehending terror. It was Hell on Earth. It was also, to be honest, completely hysterical.

I don't do that anymore, partly because it's kind of a dick move, partly because it gets old fast, and partly because an admin got pretty annoyed with me (but he was cool enough to settle for my promise not to do it anymore). Even so, though, I'll be damned if it wasn't some of the funniest poo poo I'd ever seen.

Oww My Eye
Jun 22, 2006
Got me a movie
Fun fact: Correcting the grammar of the people you're playing against only serves to enrage them further (this did not cause my kick, but I'm pretty sure it helped).

Story: I was playing TF2, and the normal servers I join were either full or empty. So I just decided to join whatever server I had the best connection to.

I join a server, and after a bit of normal play as a soldier I was informed that the server was melee only (I admittedly was a but drunk at the time and didn't bother to look at the rules). So I switched to the equalizer with 6 health (for those who don't play TF2, the equalizer is a melee weapon whose damage is inversely proportional to the health you have, and the soldier's base health is 200). So after one hit killing everything that came my way, I decide to start capping the flag. The other team started complaining about the fact that I was capping the flag, and that the point of the server was to have "fun." I (full of drunken bravado) replied "Well, I'm having fun," and "Try to stop me." And so they did! One of their team switched to engineer, and built a turret in their flag room. After I was thoroughly perforated, I mockingly chatted "Hay I thought this server was mele only." Their response was "'try and stop me'." How I was wronged! I corrected their grammar with the response: "It's 'try to' rear end in a top hat, not 'try and'."

Unfortunately, at this time, the server admin had just joined. Alas, after pleading my case, the admin, who was privy to my defense of my grammatical honor, decided to kick me.

So the moral of the story: If you are griefing a game by being good at it, then don't further antagonize your opponents by correcting their grammar.

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
In the same vein my bind I spam in TF2 whenever I get a kill is "your garbage". Responses are 20% standard anger and 80% calling me a retard for mixing up you're and your.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Angry Diplomat posted:

This is hands down the best thing in this whole thread. Amazing. I just wish I didn't find SS13 a completely unplayable mess :(

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

fineX posted:

So yesterday we squared off against some idiots in a 3v3 game, and of course won by building towers everywhere and talking lots of shot about how towers can't move, while the opposing team called us noob shits. Then came a "1v1?" challenge, which of course I accepted.

Me and a friend played WC3 pretty heavily for a few months, and at one point I got basically the same idea. Except instead of the goatman, my solution was to make it so human towers could fission off into more towers using the Pandaren skill, they could fly and pursue if I took them off stop, and they shot invisible lasers.

:eng99: Then we both played human.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Just came across this comic and thought of this thread.

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Carthag posted:

Just came across this comic and thought of this thread.

cause there all AFK

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

:stare:

Too bad the other strips aren't like that one, though

Dice Dice Baby fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Aug 1, 2011

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

Angry Diplomat posted:

You have the best griefing stories; I laughed pretty much through the entire thing. Thank you for this!

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Dice Dice Baby posted:

cause there all AFK

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

:stare:

Too bad the other strips aren't like that one, though

I love how every character is drawn in the awkward paperdoll pose, just to make it all the goofier.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Angry Diplomat posted:

I don't do that anymore, partly because it's kind of a dick move, partly because it gets old fast, and partly because an admin got pretty annoyed with me (but he was cool enough to settle for my promise not to do it anymore). Even so, though, I'll be damned if it wasn't some of the funniest poo poo I'd ever seen.

It's been years, but I think I'm going to have to break down and play (also re-learn. I haven't played since the original station) again. God that's fantastic.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Welp played some CS:S at work waiting for something to finish deploying, and got banned from the "Family Gamers Alliance" server reeeeal quick. Not sure if it was bottleguy, teamflashing, or assisting one guy in how to be more covert in his racism...

Also they seem very anal about the use of their clan tag, so I highly advise anyone going on a griefing spree to use -=]FGA[=- when they do it. Represent family values!

OrangeSoda
Oct 8, 2007

OrangeSoda digivolved into Monzaemon!

OrangeSoda has unlocked BEAR POWERS!

QwertySanchez posted:

A little while back, I got into playing Synergy, which is basically Co-op mode for Half Life 2. Though what game I was playing is pretty irrelevant to the story.

Anyway, I put my name to 'a Robot that plays video games'. and Loaded up HLDJ with a folder full of R2D2 sounds. As I was playing, I'd randomly pick and play samples from the folder. I'd run into walls and occaisionally type "Processing" into chat followed by using the rapid flashlight flicker script.

Some people were amused. Some people were annoyed. Some people might have actually thought I was a real robot that plays video games.

People would talk with the robot, only getting random beeps and chirps back, but carried on conversations like they weren't one sided, Some guy doing a really bad Arnold Schwarzenegger impression teamed up with the robot to fight the combine and make as much noise as possible.

One Russian guy got really angry, Though I think he was angry at everything anyway. He kept telling me to shut up, I'd beepboop more. He'd hurl more insults, everyone stepped in to defend me, "Leave the robot alone!" "The Robot's cool man!" The russian started shouting "BEEP BEEP STUPID BEEP gently caress ROBUT"

"Processing." flicker of flashlight. "Error" then I typed explode into the console. Which made me die in a mess of gibs.

They vote kicked the angry russian. :ussr:

Maybe one day the robot will come back. When we figure out how to sanitize audio data...

Ahahaha so that's why you were named that for awhile!

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Sankis posted:

It's been years, but I think I'm going to have to break down and play (also re-learn. I haven't played since the original station) again. God that's fantastic.

Just be aware that the Goonstation 13 servers have been inundated with terrible players lately. It's summertime and a lot of bored kids are playing, and apparently someone posted the connection info on 4chan or something. So it's a bit of a shitfest at the moment. Still fun as hell, though.

In other SS13-related news: the term adminbus refers to a round that devolves into utter lunacy as the admins grief the poo poo out of the whole server, usually by bombarding it with bizarre images, inappropriate music, and all manner of in-game insanity. Here is a picture (courtesy of Kaet) of an adminbus that took place last night.

At the time of this picture, a tinny midi (Aeris' theme from FF7, according to my wife) was playing. By the end of the round, the picture had gained a reptile head, turned negative-tinted, and begun spastically jittering around the screen while awful 90s music blared over the speakers and Shotgunbill improvised hilariously terrible fanfiction about Obama declaring war against space and losing.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Lord Chumley posted:

Thank you so much for reminding me of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVJGSrqyGCI

Holy poo poo, memory lane. I had this saved under 'funny videos' back in the day , before Youtube and the like. So good to see this again.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So in SS13, you can be a miner, who does mining things. With the ore you can buy you can make a RIG suit ala Dead Space. This suit allows you to zip around in space or on the station at a quick pace. So as for the griefing, I just finished my suit when the round was about to end, the shuttle was about 2-3 minutes away and people were hanging around in escape. So I did what every sense able person would do with a super fast space suit, grab people from the airlocks and yank them into space.

Benly
Aug 2, 2011

20% of the time, it works every time.
So in City of Heroes, there are a lot of emotes which are essentially cycling animations - jumping jacks, protest signs, or just sitting on a ledge or whatnot. As soon as you move, the emote animation ends and you go back to normal animations.

There is an exception to this that a lot of players don't know about. If you initiate an animation while hovering or flying, you can descend without breaking the emote animation. Furthermore, descending is relative to the angle of your camera, rather than being actual up-or-down motion. If you aim your camera upwards or downwards, you will move straight down from the perspective of your camera, and your character will angle itself so that its vertical axis is along this line of descent.

With some practice, this can be used in a variety of amusing ways. You can use it with one of the "sit" stances to fly around assfirst, Powdered Toast Man style, which is good for a laugh if you buzz one of the RPer-heavy hubs.

Then they released a push-ups emote, which gets even better reactions. Since the character is supposed to be parallel to the floor, your tilted axis means you're actually entirely vertical as you slide around humping the air in front of you. If you are so inclined, you can instead do this upside-down. Also, because the character is visually offset from his center (since you're supposed to be down near the ground), you will tend to clip partway into other characters you press up against.

It's not really a great or genius grief, but it does surprise people.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

fineX posted:

People sometimes get really mad in Warcraft 3 when you beat them in team games by building towers everywhere. Now I do love me some goatse-ing, but in Warcraft it's a bit harder.

People will usually challenge me to 1v1 after ive beaten them in team games, to preserve their pride or some poo poo, I don't know. So my friend and I came up with a clever way to goatse people when they tried to 1v1 us.

Warcraft 3 has a pretty robust map editor. You can put in custom sounds, units, and even images. You can see where this is going. Now normally, you can tell a map is a custom map and not an official map because you'll have to download it when you enter the game lobby, and there will be a question mark for the map preview.

However, if the changes made to a map are very slight, the game will just load the map preview from the official version of the map, which of course everyone has downloaded already. So what we did was we edited one official map very slightly, so little that it would take only seconds to download, so the download probably wouldn't be noticed, and the map preview would load from the one used by the official map.

So yesterday we squared off against some idiots in a 3v3 game, and of course won by building towers everywhere and talking lots of shot about how towers can't move, while the opposing team called us noob shits. Then came a "1v1?" challenge, which of course I accepted.

My friend created the game lobby, and of course the guy and his team mates show up in the lobby to watch the battle. They don't notice the download. The game starts, and at first, everything seems normal. Then, about twenty seconds in, our trigger kicks in and the game controls freeze. Suddenly, goatse appears and "friend of the family nigga friend of the family nigga" starts blasting, while text scrolls on the screen telling us to enjoy the anus. There's no way to quit except to alt-f4, and my opponent does so while my allies and I laugh our asses off.

When my enemy logged back on, I whispered him and asked why he left. He replied "gently caress you anus stretcher most disgusting thing I ever seen on wc" and blocked me.

Tl;dr: I made a custom map, disguised it as an official map and used it to goatse people in Warcraft 3

This reminds me, my brother had some map called like 'a waterfall' or something. It started with a cutscene really quiet, like you had to turn your volume up all the way to hear what was being say. After 5 seconds or so it would play a really loud screamer noise. He'd host games called 'dota [whatever version] AP' and it would fill up super fast.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
this one time I griefed the griefing thread....

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jun 16, 2012

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

QwertySanchez posted:

words
This here? This is a bad post because it explains jack poo poo to those that doesn't know what 1-1 or whatever other poo poo he talks about actually mean.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rutkowski posted:

This here? This is a bad post because it explains jack poo poo to those that doesn't know what 1-1 or whatever other poo poo he talks about actually mean.

I have played on a MarioKart map before and I still have no idea what the hell he is talking about.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

QwertySanchez posted:

Counter Griefing or Don't gently caress with QwertyScoutchez
anything else?
I've played Tf2 and I don't have a single clue what you're on about.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable

QwertySanchez posted:

anything else?

Yeah, uh. Where's the grief?

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

QwertySanchez posted:

:words:
So... You killed members of the enemy team?

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Well they can't all be winners I guess. Should I delete it or keep it up as an example for future good posters on how not to do it?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
My best grief was then i totally pointed a gun at a dude in a videogame and held the left mouse button until he died and had to wait seconds to play again! And sometimes young hotheaded teenagers even get angry when that happens, imagine that! Occasionally i even do it to people on my own team! Many tears were shed that faithful day and i, the great puppetmaster, drank them all.

But seriously, those SpaceStation 13 stories are amazing and inspired me to watch dozens of gameplay videos. What a fantastic insanity sandbox.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
Sounds like he killed about two people after plinking away ineffectively. One of which was because of luck. Then he quit the server. On a map made purely for dicking around. A compelling story.

Also, the shotgun is called force-a-nature, which is abbreviated to FAN. It's also terrible compared to the other scout weapons since it only has two shots and knocks people away from you if you get a decent shot.

Anyways, there are much better ways to grief in tf2. Like repeatedly stunning people with the Sandman. For reference, the Sandman is a melee weapon which allows you to fire a baseball at an enemy which will stun them if it hits. It's been nerfed into near oblivion but is still really annoying.
Back when it came out though, it was the most god drat annoying thing in the game. It would render people completely immobile and helpless if the ball hit them from any range, even point blank. More importantly, the ball would bounce off the enemy so you could retrieve it and fire again. If you timed it right, you could completely lock the enemy player down for however long you wanted. If someone was pissing me off, I would just slowly kill them using only the baseball's piddly damage. And I mean excruciatingly slowly, it did about 6 damage per shot versus a heavy's 300 health and the chain stunning required waiting about 3 seconds between ball hits. All the while, they could do absolutely nothing.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

But seriously, those SpaceStation 13 stories are amazing and inspired me to watch dozens of gameplay videos. What a fantastic insanity sandbox.

Try playing it. There'll be a few days where it'll be a horrible clusterfuck and you won't know what to do and you'll likely end up spacing yourself or running into the crusher. But you'll learn after a while.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
Requesting more UO and MUD stories. The creativity in those stories make this thread for me.

ChuckDHead
Dec 18, 2006

Infinite Monkeys posted:

So... You killed members of the enemy team?

As I understand it, he really riled one guy up, got into a rivalry with him, then managed to kill him and quit before he could retaliate, thereby probably pissing him off more.

I have to be honest, this reads like one of those WoW stories that I don't understand where people talk like:
"So me and my instance party were doing a raid on a DF, when this other guy comes out of nowhere with 3 GQCs and levels us in PVP while two of my guys were AFK because of QED. So to get back at him, I used my AC, a level 40 magecaster with +10 PFO and +30 QFD, tracked him down, and spammed TPVs at his POS party's DM, MT, and MD till they were screaming at us out of pure rage."

ChuckDHead fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Aug 5, 2011

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dauntasa posted:

Try playing it. There'll be a few days where it'll be a horrible clusterfuck and you won't know what to do and you'll likely end up spacing yourself or running into the crusher. But you'll learn after a while.

gently caress, I'm fairly experienced and I seem to spend most of my time launching myself out of the mass driver, or loving up with the hand-tele and ending up stranded in space.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Okay, how about this one.

A little while back on Garry's mod, there used to be a bug that involved replacing the skin of an object with the skin for one of the projectiles fired from one of the weapons.

For example, if you spawned a barrel, then used the material tool to replace it's rusty iron skin with this plasma ball skin then anyone who looked at it would crash. Nobody else, just the person looking at it.

You could download a little file to replace the texture so you wouldn't crash when you looked at it. Which is what I did. I hopped onto a random server and just started building. Sure enough someone joined and started griefing, dropping explosives onto the spawn area from the top of the map. He'd built a little floating platform up there. So I flew up behind him. spawned a random prop and changed it to the crash texture. He was too busy looking down at the spawn though, so I lifted the prop up, an dropped it, making it land on the platform with a clank. He turned around. and Froze.

A few seconds later, his character disappeared. And a message came up that he was reconnecting. I left the prop up there just in case he went back up. I spent some more time on the server following him from a distance, waiting for him to try and blow someone up, then waiting to make sure nobody else was looking in his direction before quickly spawning a prop, changing the texture and then deleting it.

After a while he started saying things like he'd complain and get the server closed down. I don't really follow the logic there, but whatever. Nobody else was getting spawn camped by his bombs at this point so who cares.

He did apparently, he demanded to know where I was so we could fight like real men a death match in garry's mod! I told him the little building I was in.

What I hadn't told him was while he was crashed I had a buddy drop by and paint myself that crash texture and planned to start popping out of the ground like some sort of crash ghost, instead I just waited for him to fly over.

You can figure out the rest. he didn't come back afterwards..

edit: \/\/\/ Fantastic.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Aug 5, 2011

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Crosspostin' some SS13 instructions, edited and expanded so they're less cryptic to non-players.

A bit of technical information about poo--poo has been nerfed pretty hard in SS13, which is a good thing--it used to flow infinitely from the bowels of any interested shitter, leaving a slippery splatter and a turd on the ground to trip up the unwary, and picked up a turd was for a time the most damaging weapon in the game if you aimed for the mouth, dealing a gruesome 20 damage a click. You could be chasing someone down a hall, slip on the suddenly appearing poo poo, and then die in seconds when he doubled back and finished you off with the poo. Now it's useless as a weapon, but a fresh poo splatter will cause anyone who runs across it to fall prone for a good fifteen, twenty seconds. This is about how long it takes poo to dry out, too--dry poo doesn't make people slip, but is otherwise completely indistinguishible from wet poo. If you see poo marks and you don't know how long they've been there, not switching to the painfully slow walk mode means you're taking your life into your hands by crossing it--an assistant with a toolbox could easily beat you to death if you fall on the poo.

If you put poo into a empty bottle of space cleaner, you can spray the poo out to cover as many as three tiles. You can do this once for every 10 units of poo in the spray bottle.

Set quartermaster as your job choice. You'll always get it, because a job with no responsibilities and access to almost every piece of equipment is oddly unpopular. Order an engineering crate to make stun gloves with, a medical crate because you're about to make enemies of the whole station, and three or four hydroponics crates, each of which contains four bags of fertalizer, each of which contains 60 units of poo. Once you place this order, leg it to the south side of the station and grab a tool kit, a gas mask, some shades, and a power cell (to make stun gloves). Go into the tunnels behind the janitorial office, put on your gas mask, take off your ID. Now your name is hidden. Use the toolkit to breach the walls, and steal one of the empty spray cleaner bottles. The janitor will probably spot you if you're moving fast enough, but your name is hidden. Escape back to the quartermaster room, and wait for the cargo shuttle to arrive.

Put on your ID, take off your gas mask. Unload the cargo, and load the spray bottle with at least 400 units of poo, more if you're patient. Be polite and helpful to anyone who shows up asking you to order stuff. Once the poospray is ready, hide your identity and start running through the hallways, spraying the poospray behind you. If you see someone, spritz them so their uniform gets dirty and they fall down. Keep moving, everyone's angry. If you stand still you will get attacked. Advanced students should consider sticking their uniform in the backpack and wearing a generic outfit from crew storage.

If you see the Janitor, stunglove him and steal his unique Janitor boots. Now you don't slip on wet poo! You have leveled up from annoyance to menace, and can start spraying poo in every direction. No one can run in wet poo but you because the Janitor boots are unique and irreproducible--which means no one can move anywhere near as fast as you without falling down. You're basically untouchable! Find a discarded assistant ID (there'll be a few in the halls by the five minute mark) and put it on, change your uniform, and start doing laps through the maintenance tunnels, spraying poo.

Every few minutes go to the crew quarters and change your uniform for a fresh color, and maybe swap out your id, so people don't recognize you on sight. By now literally everyone on the station is trying to kill you, and a two second delay before they recognize you as the vigilante pooer is all you'll need to spray some poo and make your getaway clean. Er, not clean. You're definitely covered in poo yourself at this point.

Never admit to being the criminal, but occasionally comment on the radio about how the poobandit has struck again, or the poobandit has picked up another load of poo from the cargo bay. Maybe you can say you don't know who the poobandit is, but you bet they're handsome! Remember you need to occasionally go back to the cargo bay to reload the poospray, and ideally the Captain won't be waiting there with a security detail. Remember, it's slow breaking into areas with restricted access (kitchen, medbay, engineering) but if people start getting smug about how they're "safe" go ahead and give it a shot. Your goal is to get every member of the crew covered in poo. People can wash poo off of their uniforms using a shower, so consider electrifying the bathroom doors.

As the round wears on, more and more of the station will fill with dry poo splatters. This is good. It's relatively easy to not slip on wet poo when you see it--but if every other tile has dry poo on it, people won't realize that the fresh poo is... well, fresh poo. Down they go!

The best part of poobanditry is that in addition to painting the hallway completely brown and making every crewmember filthy is only the baseline activity--it adapts to any game type. Syndicate soldiers invading the station? Be a hero and spray them with poo! They'll fall prone and you can steal their weapon, killing them for the good of the station or running off maniacally as you feel appropriate. Powerful wizard freezing security like popsicles? The poospray outperforms any tazer, knock the wizard prone and steal his magical staff. Revolutionaries trying to overthrow the station? Enter a battle and knock everyone off their feet with poo! You'll win the fight for someone! All you know for sure is the survivors will hunt you down and try to throw you into space.

But no one can catch you! They didn't mug the janitor.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Angry Diplomat posted:

Just be aware that the Goonstation 13 servers have been inundated with terrible players lately. It's summertime and a lot of bored kids are playing, and apparently someone posted the connection info on 4chan or something. So it's a bit of a shitfest at the moment. Still fun as hell, though.

In other SS13-related news: the term adminbus refers to a round that devolves into utter lunacy as the admins grief the poo poo out of the whole server, usually by bombarding it with bizarre images, inappropriate music, and all manner of in-game insanity. Here is a picture (courtesy of Kaet) of an adminbus that took place last night.

At the time of this picture, a tinny midi (Aeris' theme from FF7, according to my wife) was playing. By the end of the round, the picture had gained a reptile head, turned negative-tinted, and begun spastically jittering around the screen while awful 90s music blared over the speakers and Shotgunbill improvised hilariously terrible fanfiction about Obama declaring war against space and losing.

Oh, that sucks. Maybe If I play again I'll just host a game for people I know or something.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

QwertySanchez posted:

For the record, what he's describing here is being killed like 5 times in a row without killing the opponent, then getting a critical hit (the game randomly makes you do triple damage, enough to one-shot most anything) by chance and killing the guy that had been killing him. Then logging off. Pure ownage.

Zorato
Nov 2, 2007

^ me reading your post

Mystic Mongol posted:

words

Looks like you've learned from the Poo Lord Zorato, I see. :smug:

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy

Emron posted:

For the record, what he's describing here is being killed like 5 times in a row without killing the opponent, then getting a critical hit (the game randomly makes you do triple damage, enough to one-shot most anything) by chance and killing the guy that had been killing him. Then logging off. Pure ownage.

I was going to let all the comments about it slide but whatever.

there were several guys, they were killing everyone trying to get to the second part of the map with all the goofy minigames. I got fed up and stayed back in the first area, generally being a nuisance and slowly pushing them back to the spawns. One of them started causing trouble in the minigame area, I went in there and killed him until he behaved. then went back to the first area, killed the other guy who was now alone with a random crit, and then I left.

Something Awful Forums: Goon 1 posts poo poo, Goons 2-7 poo poo post.

QwertySanchez fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 16, 2012

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Zorato posted:

Looks like you've learned from the Poo Lord Zorato, I see. :smug:

Who? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

QwertySanchez posted:

I was going to let all the comments about it slide but whatever.

there were several guys, they were killing everyone trying to get to the second part of the map with all the goofy minigames. I got fed up and stayed back in the first area, generally being a nuisance and slowly pushing them back to the spawns. One of them started causing trouble in the minigame area, I went in there and killed him until he behaved. then went back to the first area, killed the other guy who was now alone with a random crit, and then I left.

Something Awful Forums: Goon 1 posts poo poo, Goons 2-7 poo poo post.

A Truly Epic Grief indeed.

• Locked thread