Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The patches do nothing for me. On my first run, I burned through the final third of the story in a single session and I had a game breaking glitch of some kind every 2nd or 3rd mission. Most of those just required e to restart the failed mission though.

On this no radar (and no shops, no items, and no dead-eye) run, I'm about 23 missions done, and I've had to exit to dashboard 4 times so far. All thanks to a new and entertaining glitch where the scenery suddenly stops and Marsten keeps moving forward, at 1 frame per 5 seconds, before coming to a halt embedded in the ground. Or 5 feet above it. When I hit the start or back buttons, the menus are not to be seen, only the button prompts. Didn't get this on the first run at all, I can only assume this is thanks to the DLC I downloaded.

Don't get me wrong, I love the game world. It's stunning. (Not so keen on the single-player story, but still ...) But drat, this is the glitchiest game I have ever played. I do seem to get more errors than the average player seems to get, but whatever my point stands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Encryptic
May 3, 2007

Underflow posted:

I had the game lock up twice at the same scene, when Marston and Reyes get ready to deal with Williamson and Allende after they stop the stagecoach. This was on different playthroughs; when I switched off the Xbox and reloaded from the last save it didn't glitch. The second time I just waited, and after about a minutes things got going again. Then there was a games update and it hasn't done it since. So make sure you're fully patched.

Btw, when that particular scene locks, I think you still see some scenery moving, and it's just the characters who are frozen. Not 100% sure though.

And thanks a mil for the suggestion to go without radar. Finally a good excuse to do yet another run.

Yeah, I had the exact same problem when I played that part for the first time recently. It's a great game, but it has some irritating bugs, especially with the way it handles guns and ammo.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Apparently all the DLC released so far is half price on the PSN store today, $5 for each of the packs (liars and cheats, legends and killers and undead nightmare), $10 for all 3. If you don't have them already you have no excuse now, $5 for UN is an insanely good deal, I would have paid $15 easily and felt I got a good deal for that.

LA attack
Apr 5, 2009

...But Awesome Takes Practice
Just picked up a copy of Undead Nightmare last week. I've slowly been making my way through the story and trying to do as many side missions as possible in-between. It is one of those games that is just so good that you need to take your time to really soak it up! The thing about Rockstar's open world games is that they're these great experience that you don't want to ruin by rushing through them, but at the same time there's so much content crammed into their games that it takes a while to finish regardless of how much you're enjoying them.

I loved Red Dead Redemption and I was really turned off by Undead Nightmare when it was first announced. The only reason I actually bought Undead Nightmare is because I was shopping and I saw Red Dead Redemption for $20. Decided to pick up Undead Nightmare since it was only ten dollars more. I would have bought it sooner but I was under the impression that you needed the original to play.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

We've got another triple XP alert.

rockstar posted:

By popular demand, this coming weekend, every Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare multiplayer mode will yield you XP times three. It all begins tomorrow, Friday morning August 12th around 12:01AM Eastern (4:01am GMT) and doesn't end until Monday morning August 15th.

Make sure you're following us on Twitter where we often drop the first word or hint about such things. That is, if you're the sort of person who appreciates being among the first to know.

Dodge the 100-plus-degree swelter this weekend (as is the case in the real life American frontierland anyhow), start rounding up your posse in the comments and see you online...

I've been doing a "realism" playthrough (no auto aim, no mini map and no regenerating horses) I've learned that if you want to hunt wolves, get off your horse and walk there. That or be really quick with your gun.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

We've got another triple XP alert.
Sweet. Any PS3 goons wanna posse up and tackle some multiplayer and co-op trophies this weekend? The triple XP is just icing since when nothing is going on I can roll through Pike's Basin a few more times to finally get to Lvl 50. A full weekend will get me there easily since I'm on level 34 right now.

PSN: NoxiousAir

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm in. PSN is DocFuzz.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I might be able to fit RDR in this weekend. My PSN is Kyleh614

quietmonkey
Nov 23, 2002
Triple XP is on a bit early if anyone was waiting around for it.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I might be able to kill some people on the internet sunday evening.

PSN: DrSmasher

no mic, so don't ask.

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I'm in

PSN: DinnerRevealer

Derryck Catskills
Jun 18, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Triple XP all this weekend. I need some help leveling as the pubbies are realling pissing me off.

psn: baymayne420

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Darth Brooks posted:

I've been doing a "realism" playthrough (no auto aim, no mini map and no regenerating horses) I've learned that if you want to hunt wolves, get off your horse and walk there. That or be really quick with your gun.

How do you turn off regen horses? Or is it just like a house rule you are doing?

Am I missing something or just bugged? I just got my two homeboys in Mexico and the government dudes told me to go to Blackwater. So I ride up there and look all around the town and I can't see any uh missions or anything really. It also wouldn't let me save in a bed and if I tried to camp it would say, 'Don't have time to camp'. I killed myself and then I was able to save but I don't see any clues on what comes next.

Help?

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Captain Beans posted:

How do you turn off regen horses? Or is it just like a house rule you are doing?

Am I missing something or just bugged? I just got my two homeboys in Mexico and the government dudes told me to go to Blackwater. So I ride up there and look all around the town and I can't see any uh missions or anything really. It also wouldn't let me save in a bed and if I tried to camp it would say, 'Don't have time to camp'. I killed myself and then I was able to save but I don't see any clues on what comes next.

Help?
There's a man you meet in the gazebo outside of the courthouse. It starts as if it's just a side mission task but turns into a campaign.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Robnoxious posted:

There's a man you meet in the gazebo outside of the courthouse. It starts as if it's just a side mission task but turns into a campaign.
I think you may have skipped an entire third of the game with this advice.

Did you leave anything undone in Mexico? Check your map for mission icons, I'm pretty sure you have to finish every mission in Mexico before there's any in Blackwater.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Dewgy posted:

I think you may have skipped an entire third of the game with this advice.

Did you leave anything undone in Mexico? Check your map for mission icons, I'm pretty sure you have to finish every mission in Mexico before there's any in Blackwater.
I'm drawing this entirely from memory, but you are right, if there are still stones to turn in Mexico complete all of those first and Blackwater (among others) should light up with things to do.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
No, I have no mission icons what so ever on the map at all, only side mission little ?'s.

I don't even think you can skip things right? I tried to go up to blackwater earlier and the bridge was out until I finished the Mexican revolution.

I'll go check for the guy at the courthouse. I was just confused because there wasn't any big capital letter like all the other story missions and the directions the government goons gave me was pretty vague.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Captain Beans posted:

I just don't whistle when my horse dies. I've discovered that there are plenty of horses around, especially from roadside events or gang hideouts.

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Captain Beans posted:

I'll go check for the guy at the courthouse. I was just confused because there wasn't any big capital letter like all the other story missions and the directions the government goons gave me was pretty vague.

No, that's not it. The gazebo dude is for the epilogue. You're supposed to be seeing a big G on your map. The mission is in the same area - one of the government buildings near the gazebo, directly across the way from the bank. But if it's not showing up on your map I dunno if the mission marker would.

You did the An Appointed Time mission in Mexico where you finally catch up to Bill, right? Because you see the Government dudes before that mission, after you catch Javier. They tell you to mop up then go to Blackwater.

But you can go to West Elizabeth so :psyduck: I don't know. Try reloading an earlier save?

mikestg
Jul 28, 2003
I'm playing as eatchupa on psn if anyone wants to troll pubbies

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Yea, it was just hosed up, I died and reloaded my save. Now I have the G yay. I know some people have said they had problems with bugs and glitches but this was the only thing for me.

Well, I hosed up the Bill Williamson & mexican dude gattling gun chase by approaching them from the outside of the gate. Their carriage spawned and tried to take off through the closed gate and it spun like a screw at a million miles an hour into the sky firing the gatling gun down from the sky but it loving ruled so it doesn't count.

Derryck Catskills
Jun 18, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Robnoxious posted:

Sweet. Any PS3 goons wanna posse up and tackle some multiplayer and co-op trophies this weekend? The triple XP is just icing since when nothing is going on I can roll through Pike's Basin a few more times to finally get to Lvl 50. A full weekend will get me there easily since I'm on level 34 right now.

PSN: NoxiousAir

Just added you im down. I dont have a mic so i cant talk at all tho.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Derryck Catskills posted:

Just added you im down. I dont have a mic so i cant talk at all tho.
Sweet. We should organize a time and a chat channel on the goon server so those without mics can still call everyone in the posse a human being. I'll be on a little later after 10pm Pacific. Got some obligations to take care of.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
If anyone wants to play Co-op or Undead overrun, my PSN is DexAppeal

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
which game / hideout generates the most xp?

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Solomon's Folly and Pike's Basin.

Four or more people is best for both. Solomon's Folly can be done fast, in under 2 minutes. Dynamite tends to clear out areas if all four are using it the initial wave gets pretty devastated.

On Pike's Basin, if you have at least four you can split north and south once you've cleared out the first area. With one person working from above and one below, you can make quick work of either bomb site.

Can you tell I played a lot of Call of Duty?

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

Darth Brooks posted:

Solomon's Folly and Pike's Basin.

Four or more people is best for both. Solomon's Folly can be done fast, in under 2 minutes. Dynamite tends to clear out areas if all four are using it the initial wave gets pretty devastated.

On Pike's Basin, if you have at least four you can split north and south once you've cleared out the first area. With one person working from above and one below, you can make quick work of either bomb site.

clearly you dont play callidoody on the xbox then! oh and I already knew that those ones gave lotsa xp I was just wondering if I missed something, because the undead overrun seems to givee me a good chunk of xp as well

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 13, 2011

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Darth Brooks posted:

I guess. This just seems like smart multitasking to me, so I tried to do it out of habit as much as pubbies would allow. Most are useless and a little confusing, some are bros to the end, but a special few get super territorial about petty poo poo like the tiny cash bonus you get from setting the dynamite.

One didn't like that I had set up the explosives before he was able to, expressing his dislike through knife slashes rendered harmless through Friendly Co-Op, so he decided to set up while I was doing so - which, as some of you know, bugs it out so that neither of your bombs will detonate. I waited for him to mount and run off towards the expected gang spawn, and before he could realize something was very wrong, I decided to set up my charge again. He saw what I was doing just after I finished, then attempted to bypass Friendly protection by throwing dynamite in my general direction. Problem was that his aim was poor, his momentum propelled him and his mount into the alcove where his dynamite ended up, and the control of his mount was even worse than his aim. Boom, dead angry pubbie.

As I finished up the last of the gang, the angry pubbie voted to not replay the mission, feeling that I had not learned my lesson. Henceforth followed another round of poorly aimed dynamite tosses as I literally rode circles around him, eventually seeing him get stuck behind the same tree that shared his latest dynamite toss. Whoops.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

isk posted:

One didn't like that I had set up the explosives before he was able to, expressing his dislike through knife slashes rendered harmless through Friendly Co-Op, so he decided to set up while I was doing so - which, as some of you know, bugs it out so that neither of your bombs will detonate. I waited for him to mount and run off towards the expected gang spawn, and before he could realize something was very wrong, I decided to set up my charge again. He saw what I was doing just after I finished, then attempted to bypass Friendly protection by throwing dynamite in my general direction. Problem was that his aim was poor, his momentum propelled him and his mount into the alcove where his dynamite ended up, and the control of his mount was even worse than his aim. Boom, dead angry pubbie.

As I finished up the last of the gang, the angry pubbie voted to not replay the mission, feeling that I had not learned my lesson. Henceforth followed another round of poorly aimed dynamite tosses as I literally rode circles around him, eventually seeing him get stuck behind the same tree that shared his latest dynamite toss. Whoops.

This is why I play plain' ol Hardcore free roam. If someone is acting like a jackass I kill them over and over until I get bored or they quit.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Playing a bunch of multi hit me up if anyone wants to run some poo poo: PSN captain__beans

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Aug 13, 2011

Derryck Catskills
Jun 18, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Im down.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Man dynamite is really the best and worst thing in expert co-op. You really need it on the walts gold mine but you will also probably kill yourself or teammates at least once.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.
Revenge Cougar just stepped up his game. I knifed his buddy for the challenge, his RC snuck up and swiped me, knocking me down... Onto the path of an oncoming train.

The train killed me.

Edit: It's also been raining and storming for two and a half days in game. These cougars have a pact with the devil.

Edit 2: Haha! I was reading through some backpages of this thread and waiting out the storm on horseback, listening to the ambient sounds on my :siren:7.1 Home Theater:siren: and you know how the idle camera will become a scenic camera? Yeah, well when I started moving again, John was leaning at about a 70 degree lean off his horse like he'd dozed off. Moving got him to straighten out his posture. Looks quite intentional, and not a visual glitch. Pro R*

Spitshine fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 16, 2011

Pyruvate
Apr 4, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Captain Beans posted:

Man dynamite is really the best and worst thing in expert co-op. You really need it on the walts gold mine but you will also probably kill yourself or teammates at least once.

I'm awful at competitive multiplayer, but maps with dynamite are the best.

Spitshine
May 13, 2004
I may be bad, but I feel good.
Wow. It's really awkward completing Master Hunter final challenge while simultaneously running West Elizabeth bounties.

Specifically, having run into two legendary beasts in the campsites of my bounties. Goddamn Lobo and Brumas charging out at me with a hail of gunfire coming from the same place :gibs:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
Beat the main story, game ruled, loved the whole ending section, ect.

Now I'm doing all the stranger missions and other things and I was wondering if outfits do anything specific? Obviously some of them give you a description like 2x skinning or buy ammo cheaper, but for things like the gang outfits? They just change how you look?

Why would anyone want to look like a Army Private instead of Jeremiah Johnson with a 5 layer badger hat :confused:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Captain Beans posted:

Now I'm doing all the stranger missions and other things and I was wondering if outfits do anything specific? Obviously some of them give you a description like 2x skinning or buy ammo cheaper, but for things like the gang outfits? They just change how you look?

Why would anyone want to look like a Army Private instead of Jeremiah Johnson with a 5 layer badger hat :confused:

You can roll up and hang out with bandits if you're wearing the corresponding outfit. The bandito outfit is the best for this, you still look like a filthy gringo but you can hang out with some sombreBROs without getting shot at for once.

IndyTone
Feb 23, 2002

YES YES YES!!!
I've been playing the hell out of this on multiplayer recently. Hit me up, add me, what ever on XBOX:

gt: indytone

Encryptic
May 3, 2007

Captain Beans posted:

Beat the main story, game ruled, loved the whole ending section, ect.

I've been rocking the duster coat since the beginning of the game for the Clint Eastwood in High Plains Drifter look or alternately the Mexican poncho for the Man With No Name look. :clint:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I'm up for some online play on the 360.

GT: Jub Jub V1

• Locked thread