Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Didn't he give some Jake Roberts match ten stars?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Endorph posted:

Didn't he give some Jake Roberts match ten stars?

alvarez said it on a radio show. he's also very prone to hyperbole

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hector is awesome as he helped train Eddy. So you shut your whore mouth.

Ever seen Hector do a promo in TNA?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Having an amazing feud with Roddy Piper that helped make Piper a huge territorial star and training Latino Jesus outranks crappy promos in a company where nobody cares.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

The Shaman of Cum posted:

Bryan has also said that a random Regal vs. London match from Smackdown was six stars once.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Dave was either drunk when he said it or they forced him (and he could have been drunk here too) to watch the blind fold match at Wrestlemania blind folded and he had to rate it on the merits of seeing the match blind folded.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
People should watch the match that Bryan and Vinny rave about on the latest show (Rockers v. Brain Busters from MSG 89). It is really as good as they say it is. Made me totally mark out.

ElementalKnight
Jan 2, 2009

LordPants posted:

People should watch the match that Bryan and Vinny rave about on the latest show (Rockers v. Brain Busters from MSG 89). It is really as good as they say it is. Made me totally mark out.

Awesome match. It's eye-opening for me. I've seen basically no wrestling from pre-1995, and I always roll my eyes a little bit at people going on about how much better things were in the 80s in general. This helps me understand a bit more (though only one match).

I love how fast the action is; it makes modern matches seem in slow motion by comparison. The faces were perfect faces, and the heels were perfect heels. They knew exactly what to do, down to very small details, to get the crowd to react the ways the wrestles wanted. And what I like probably the most is that even though much of the match built towards the Janetty hot tag, it wasn't at all boring. Modern WWE tag matches (when they happen at all) feel like they consist almost solely of the heel team punishing one of the faces with slow offense, and without any real fighting back, until it's hot tag time. I see no reason why a match like that Rockers/Brain Busters match wouldn't work on modern WWE TV (except that maybe it's too long)? For a company that so often emphasizes its history and legacy, it's amazing how little they've learned from it.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Newest Art of Wrestling features:

...Johnny Curtis?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lloyd Boner posted:

Newest Art of Wrestling features:

...Johnny Curtis?
I guess things are going south for him.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

congrats if you can sit through an hour of jeremiah riggs being a dumb redneck and not even in an endearing way

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Endorph posted:

I guess things are going south for him.

He's moving to Mexico? :confused:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

congrats if you can sit through an hour of jeremiah riggs being a dumb redneck and not even in an endearing way

Basic summery, everyone hates this guy yet he doesn't know why.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gonzo McFee posted:

I thought he was great on Tough Enough, but holy poo poo, I could only get through about 10 minutes of that interview. I can't stand listening to his voice.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gonzo McFee posted:

"There is no such thing as a bad thing."

"They can sign you for a year or twelve months or whatever."

"If you get on tv it can really raise your stockmarket."

Shall I keep going?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I think my favorite part was when he said there's no such thing as bad publicity and Dave uttered a loud "UHHHHHH".

I actually enjoyed the interview quite a bit. I didn't mind his voice or his misuse of certain phrases, I thought it added to his charm.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

USA either did an amazing job editing him, or Jeremiah went from being one of the more charismatic guys on Tough Enough to a black hole of likability barely able to form a sentence.

The best part is when he says that he didn't think Stone Cold even wanted to say anything negative about him, but only did it for the show.

oatgan fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 11, 2011

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.

PaybackJack posted:

I think my favorite part was when he said there's no such thing as bad publicity and Dave uttered a loud "UHHHHHH".

That killed me. Not only is it clearly true, but it was another instance of hyper-logical Meltzer shutting down his guest. Love Meltzer. Love.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

wasn't it Lagana interviewing him? Or did I miss an interview?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lamuella posted:

wasn't it Lagana interviewing him? Or did I miss an interview?

Bryan and Dave's interview with him just went up this morning.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

my bad, got confused.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Holy gently caress is Riggs annoying. No wonder he didn't get signed.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.
Sorry to wade it uneducated, but I downloaded a load of random podcasts to listen at work and the Smart Wrestling Fan podcast from last week was quite enjoyable. I also enjoy Live Audio Wrestling recapping old pay-per-views. Will be downloading these again.

That is all.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Oatgan posted:

USA either did an amazing job editing him, or Jeremiah went from being one of the more charismatic guys on Tough Enough to a black hole of likability barely able to form a sentence.

The best part is when he says that he didn't think Stone Cold even wanted to say anything negative about him, but only did it for the show.

After listening to Lance talk about world of hurt I'm convinced USA just did a great job editing him. They can pretty much do whatever the hell they please and I'm sure they did.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I love when Bryan makes some joke and Dave not only doesn't get it, but just goes on and on and on and Bryan just sighs.

Bryan: How about call it World Wrestling Films?
Dave: Well they don't want the connotations of wrestling and they want to branch out and from day one they said they wouldn't make wrestling movies and Gorgeous George...
Bryan: I was trying to make a WWF joke.
Dave: :words:
Bryan: *sigh*

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Rankine Over Gash posted:

Sorry to wade it uneducated, but I downloaded a load of random podcasts to listen at work and the Smart Wrestling Fan podcast from last week was quite enjoyable. I also enjoy Live Audio Wrestling recapping old pay-per-views. Will be downloading these again.

That is all.

Yay, thanks!

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.

dshban posted:

Yay, thanks!

:aaa: ho lee poo poo

I really enjoyed the show. At first I was put off by the length of it but the reviewing of the WWE shows and storylines was educated and pleasant. Nice touches of fantasy booking and opinion, I'm downloading this week's as we speak.

P.S. I absolutely HOWLED about the guy hold some sort of seance with a ouija board for dead wrestlers, only to have Vince Snr no show as he was too busy spinning in his grave and Eddie shouting "It was Chavo!" The looks I got in my office, complete with me then awkwardly having to explain exactly what it was that caused me to laugh.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Rankine Over Gash posted:

I really enjoyed the show. At first I was put off by the length of it but the reviewing of the WWE shows and storylines was educated and pleasant. Nice touches of fantasy booking and opinion, I'm downloading this week's as we speak.

P.S. I absolutely HOWLED about the guy hold some sort of seance with a ouija board for dead wrestlers, only to have Vince Snr no show as he was too busy spinning in his grave and Eddie shouting "It was Chavo!" The looks I got in my office, complete with me then awkwardly having to explain exactly what it was that caused me to laugh.

That's the idea! We try to be, like PSP, that place where people aren't going "GOD drat IT PAUL'S GONNA HOLD DOWN THE ROSTER AGAIN".

Yeah, we've got some awesome emailers. We've had several people email in claiming they've almost driven off the road or into oncoming traffic while listening to the show. This is probably not a good thing but whatever.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Does anyone else listen to the Dr Lucha shows? For some reason I enjoy them, despite knowing nothing about lucha wrestling.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

triplexpac posted:

Does anyone else listen to the Dr Lucha shows? For some reason I enjoy them, despite knowing nothing about lucha wrestling.

Steve Sims certainly isn't the most charismatic fella, but I do enjoy getting his take on the current state of lucha. And like you, I don't follow lucha at all beyond the show.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I listen to Dr Lucha only because the shenanigans in lucha are always so interesting, and that makes it worthwhile for me. :)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Steve Sims certainly isn't the most charismatic fella, but I do enjoy getting his take on the current state of lucha. And like you, I don't follow lucha at all beyond the show.

I think it works because Steve's so low-key and normal. He's talking about all this crazy poo poo that goes on in Mexico, and he just sounds like a guy you could be sitting in a bar or restaurant with, chatting.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Gaz-L posted:

I think it works because Steve's so low-key and normal. He's talking about all this crazy poo poo that goes on in Mexico, and he just sounds like a guy you could be sitting in a bar or restaurant with, chatting.

That's a very good way of putting it.

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.
Curtis comes off as a pretty cool guy on Colt's podcast and he's got a pretty great story. Really do hope he manages to somehow succeed.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I make fun of Bryan and the gang every time they spend a week talking about how cool and gnarly their adventures in Vegas were over Memorial Day weekend, but I love their Super China Buffet day shows. Super China Buffet day is exactly what they should be doing, being a bunch of dorks and going to a buffet. It isn't pretentious, it just is what it is.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

MassRayPer posted:

I make fun of Bryan and the gang every time they spend a week talking about how cool and gnarly their adventures in Vegas were over Memorial Day weekend, but I love their Super China Buffet day shows. Super China Buffet day is exactly what they should be doing, being a bunch of dorks and going to a buffet. It isn't pretentious, it just is what it is.

I hate the Vegas stories not because they're pretentious, but because I get to hear how "wild" and "crazy" things get when wrestling geeks drink. They wouldn't count as wild times in fishing villages. Then again what would I expect from a man who when going to Vegas gets his granny to go with him.

Maybe I've read too much Hunter S. Thompson and listened to too many Doug Stanhope routines but by god do they sound lame talking about their adventures in Sin City.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRayPer posted:

I really liked how they were talking about the satellite events in "London, Chicago...Tucson...Manila."

I actually would've went but I had to work this year.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Listening to the post-Summerslam Observer radio, and Jesus Christ Dave and Bryan's ignorance of things outside wrestling/MMA is unbearable sometimes.

Bryan doesn't know who Ron Artest is and Dave keeps, unironically, calling him "Ron Artiste".

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

Listening to the post-Summerslam Observer radio, and Jesus Christ Dave and Bryan's ignorance of things outside wrestling/MMA is unbearable sometimes.

Bryan doesn't know who Ron Artest is and Dave keeps, unironically, calling him "Ron Artiste".

Episode as a whole was terrible. Their random digressions in the middle of running down the show were especially nonsensical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

JohnWilkesGoonth posted:

When he said he was in a room with six sports fans who didn't know who Ron was, I couldn't believe it. If you don't know who he is, you aren't a basketball fan and I don't even watch.

ARTEEST

• Locked thread