Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarasenko Tank
Apr 17, 2011

ChampRamp posted:

When he said he was in a room with six sports fans who didn't know who Ron was, I couldn't believe it. If you don't know who he is, you aren't a basketball fan and I don't even watch.

ARTEEST
Wasn't he the guy who went into the stands that one night and beat some guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

Tarasenko Tank posted:

Wasn't he the guy who went into the stands that one night and beat some guy?

Yeah, he's famous for a few reasons, one being the brawl at The Palace

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Bryan's point was that these people didn't know him to see him, which I didn't either. I know who Ron Artiste is, I've seen the fan punching thing, but couldn't really pick the guy out of a crowd.

Of course once I read his shirt that said RON ARTEST on it, I clued in.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

triplexpac posted:

Bryan's point was that these people didn't know him to see him, which I didn't either. I know who Ron Artiste is, I've seen the fan punching thing, but couldn't really pick the guy out of a crowd.

Of course once I read his shirt that said RON ARTEST on it, I clued in.

It's totally Bryan, however, to fixate over the skit and demand context, when it entirely was a simple sight gag. It could have been anyone - guy in the background oversees something wacky, the end. But Bryan being Bryan, has to go "MY GOD WHO WAS THAT? WHO WAS THAT GUY?? WHAT WAS HE DOING THERE??? WHAT DID IT MEAN DAVE?????"

Euthyphro
Mar 14, 2004

Soy un águila de verdad.
Bryan really overdoes it on the "I don't watch sports" stuff. It's constant. Any time anyone mentions a non wrestling/MMA athletic pursuit, he starts on the "WELL I DON'T WATCH SPORTS SO I DON'T KNOW" stuff.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

ChampRamp posted:

When he said he was in a room with six sports fans who didn't know who Ron was, I couldn't believe it. If you don't know who he is, you aren't a basketball fan and I don't even watch.

ARTEEST

Not to mention that the dude's been a walking news story for the past 5 years. If you watch ESPN once in a while you're gonna hear about Artest. He's pretty much a wrestling character playing basketball.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Grantonio posted:

Not to mention that the dude's been a walking news story for the past 5 years. If you watch ESPN once in a while you're gonna hear about Artest. He's pretty much a wrestling character playing basketball.

"I don't watch basketball, what is basketball? Is that the game where they hit those yellow balls back and forth? No? What is that then, rugby? Not that either? Well don't blame me, I don't know sports!"

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Dave immediately stepping in to correct Bryan on "ARTEEST" is loving hilarious.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Roddy Piper on F4W today. Only 12 minutes though :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
EDIT: Nevermind, currently getting help.

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Aug 16, 2011

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I remember it used to be that I didn't agree with Alvarez and this entire forum did and now I agree with him quite often and the forum usually doesn't. Crazy.

Grantonio posted:

Also he has been trying to get the Rock to have a match with him for an entire year except I'm not totally sure Artest knows wrestling is not real.

It made sense in context too since Ron Artest is a guy who is a big advocate for mental health rights and is self-admitted crazy.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
So nobody's gonna bring up Artest changing his name to Metta World Peace

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Big Bob Pataki posted:

So nobody's gonna bring up Artest changing his name to Metta World Peace

It's not officially his name for another week and a half :colbert:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
"Kevin Nash was the longest tenured WWF champion in the nineties? That can't be true!"
"It is, which speaks volumes for their decision making in the nineties."

Deep burn! :supaburn:

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
"I have no idea how they knew. I hadn't spoken to anybody, the only person I'd told was you and I know it wasn't you... it wasn't you was it?"

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

"I have no idea how they knew. I hadn't spoken to anybody, the only person I'd told was you and I know it wasn't you... it wasn't you was it?"

Anyone know who this guy Dave was talking about was?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
It's 30 days, not 4 weeks Bryan.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I also liked...

"Uhhh the reason Nancy Benoit didn't goto WCW when Chris left was because she was still Nancy Sullivan...

... Which is even more odd as Kevin Sullivan was booking WCW!"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I don't know why I continue to listen to the LAW. Dan Lovranski has to be the most petulant oval office that ever lived. The worst person.

Tarasenko Tank
Apr 17, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I don't know why I continue to listen to the LAW. Dan Lovranski has to be the most petulant oval office that ever lived. The worst person.
That's a bit hyperbolic, considering he's a wrestling news commentator and not Hitler.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Enjoyed Roddy for the 10 minutes or so he was on today. A Piper's Pit with the French Stallion would excite me more than anything the WWE could do not involving Punk.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

ChampRamp posted:

Anyone know who this guy Dave was talking about was?

A poster on The Underground, a popular MMA forum. It's probably Dana, as they noted.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tarasenko Tank posted:

That's a bit hyperbolic, considering he's a wrestling news commentator and not Hitler.

Exaggeration?!? NOT ON MY INTERNET!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Enjoyed Roddy for the 10 minutes or so he was on today. A Piper's Pit with the French Stallion would excite me more than anything the WWE could do not involving Punk.

Yeah listening to this interview, it really struck me that Bryan is a pretty good interviewer. You know, on the wrestling journalism curve.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tarasenko Tank posted:

Hitler's dead.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bryan was being especially stupid and idiotic on the breaking news podcast. He kept saying Joe Rogan wouldn't say stupid poo poo on Fox (I agree) that would get him fired, Dave brought up his twitter and him calling a reporter a oval office on it and Bryan pretty much brushed it aside as if things he said on the internet does not count. It got to the point where Dave just ignored him and moved on.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I can't believe I listened to them debate what constitutes as a real crispy chicken sandwich.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fish Of Doom posted:

I can't believe I listened to them debate what constitutes as a real crispy chicken sandwich.

It won't be the most absurd thing you will hear them debate either.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
Ha ha, Piper sounded like he had just came back from Afghanistan after attending the Gathering of the Juggalos. Had to laugh at him mentioning "Snoopy Doggy" was there.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS
Bryan really needed to shut up and just let Dave tell us about the UFC on fox deal.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

gibsonisacripple posted:

Bryan really needed to shut up

More often than not during the Dave shows, at least.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Alan4L has a great interview with Chris Masters up right now. Masters sounds so passionate about pro wrestling, now I wish I watched him on Superstars.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

loving laughed so hard at the 'song' at the end of the shoutouts

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

The Shaman of Cum posted:

Worth listening to the show for, and IT'S A FREE SHOW! Check it out people.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The Shaman of Cum posted:

That whole and entire last shout out was just amazing.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Dshban, I really enjoy SWF, but god loving dammit, get Baddie a loving hooked on phonics program, because it is getting extremely annoying to listen to him read e-mails like a 4th grader. He stumbles over every goddamn word and has trouble pronouncing simple things. I understand a lot of the emails have bad grammar in them, so loving preread them. Its to the point I simply turn the volume down as soon as he starts to read anything. Larry does the same thing, but he is drunk so at least he has an excuse.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Dshban, I really enjoy SWF, but god loving dammit, get Baddie a loving hooked on phonics program, because it is getting extremely annoying to listen to him read e-mails like a 4th grader. He stumbles over every goddamn word and has trouble pronouncing simple things. I understand a lot of the emails have bad grammar in them, so loving preread them. Its to the point I simply turn the volume down as soon as he starts to read anything. Larry does the same thing, but he is drunk so at least he has an excuse.

He's gotten better though! I made fun of him one time for his stilted reading and he pretended to turn heel or something for a week and now at least reads at a good pace.

But yeah I know this is a problem. I try to remedy this by correcting him but then I get told off for doing so.

I'll bring it up the next time I'm on the show with him before we record, asking us all to pre-read while the previous person is reading.

dshban fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 18, 2011

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I've been unable to download the new SWF at all. Can't even get onto podbean, just sits there loading forever. Not even itunes can download it.

RandolphCarter fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Aug 18, 2011

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

dshban posted:

He's gotten better though! I made fun of him one time for his stilted reading and he pretended to turn heel or something for a week and now at least reads at a good pace.

But yeah I know this is a problem. I try to remedy this by correcting him but then I get told off for doing so.

I'll bring it up the next time I'm on the show with him before we record, asking us all to pre-read while the previous person is reading.

I just realized how angry I sounded there, sorry, I was listening on my way home from a bad day at work and was a bit too harsh. But yeah its an issue and annoying, thanks for the response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

RandolphCarter posted:

I've been unable to download the new SWF at all. Can't even get onto podbean, just sits there loading forever. Not even itunes can download it.

I've heard this from a few people. Just keep trying? Or email joe at joe@smartwrestlingfan.com.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I just realized how angry I sounded there, sorry, I was listening on my way home from a bad day at work and was a bit too harsh. But yeah its an issue and annoying, thanks for the response.

Don't worry, I totally just called in via Skype complaining about it too. Always bothers me when I can't just interrupt him constantly, haha.

• Locked thread