Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ditch posted:

To clarify, Inoki's show is NOT for charity. It will get creamed even with LeBanner vs Barnett on top.

Great Muta isn't on the card :confused:
Never thought of it, but Mutoh doesn't mist, does he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Mutoh isn't Muta :rolleye:

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

HulkaMatt posted:

Mutoh isn't Muta :rolleye:

How long's it been since he's used that gimmick?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

A week ago.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Don't you hate it when you are watching some AJPW TV from the 90s, and there is some awesome tag team match with all the big names and then one team wins, and suddenly they are handed belts and trophys and you go:

"Oh, poo poo, was this a title match? gently caress I really should learn Japanese one day. Wait, trophy's too? Was this the Tag League or something? Goddamnit!"

edit: Or is that just me?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I always make sure I know what I'm watching in advance. Plus in the match announcement things are normally mentioned, for instance a junior title match sounds like 'junior hevvycyu senjenjei' or world heavyweight tag titles would be 'sekai hevvycyu senjenjei'. Watch enough and that sort of thing becomes easy to catch.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I only listen for REFEREE WADA KYOHEI.

nongdongfongbong
Jul 30, 2006
"Nongnongdongfongbong" is one character too long. : (
Anyone else loving NJPW's old translator guy who emerges from the background and meekly reads off his notes after an English-speaking wrestler's post-match interview? My favourites are the ones after Strong Man's impassioned speeches.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I have only just gotten into DDT now as well.

And I'm loving a Minture Daschund winning a title off a Ladder.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

nongdongfongbong posted:

Anyone else loving NJPW's old translator guy who emerges from the background and meekly reads off his notes after an English-speaking wrestler's post-match interview? My favourites are the ones after Strong Man's impassioned speeches.

Nothing beats Ricky Fuji's hilarious Engrish promos, though.

"RAZORFACE WHO THE HELL ARE-U YOU?"

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Just wanted to pop in and say I am watching a bunch of puro for the first time in probably a year or so, namely the GHC tag title match between Burning and Sternness from 6/6/2003. My God what an incredible match, easily top 5 for the 2000s in my book.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
That tag owns but I don't think it's quite THAT good. First half is only okay.

nongdongfongbong posted:

All the English/Engrish content NJ randomly decided to start putting up is the best part of the product IMO. And the best of that always involves Strongman somehow....

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Hey everyone! Not feeling depressed? Well I'll fix that!

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/08/18/puroresu-pulse-issue-201-kobashi-is-done/

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
How would I go about watching the two upcoming UNION shows next month? It's going to feature El Generico in a doubleshot show, where he's competing for the DDT Extreme Title against Isami Kodaka and possibly Shuji Ishikawa. Mio Shirai is also competing in a Chain death match against Ken Ohka.

I don't expect the Death Match to be the stuff of LLPW or FMW's ladies have, but Generico can have great matches with anyone.

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

Ditch posted:

Hey everyone! Not feeling depressed? Well I'll fix that!

http://wrestling.insidepulse.com/2011/08/18/puroresu-pulse-issue-201-kobashi-is-done/
Is there any sort of role where Kobashi can just hang around and not wrestle? Like the WWE has GM's and such.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I can't even find reliable UNION results. Sometimes a UNION show airs via. DDT.

skyliner posted:

Is there any sort of role where Kobashi can just hang around and not wrestle? Like the WWE has GM's and such.
Sure, but nothing like that matters in Japan because they don't do angles and long in-ring promos.

skyliner
Sep 16, 2006

Ditch posted:

I can't even find reliable UNION results. Sometimes a UNION show airs via. DDT.

Sure, but nothing like that matters in Japan because they don't do angles and long in-ring promos.
Has Kobashi made enough money to quit working?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

skyliner posted:

Has Kobashi made enough money to quit working?

I would guess he's rich as gently caress, and is not forcing himself back out of financial desperation.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Saw this in the last Wrestling Observer and had to repost, just because it seems so ridiculous.

quote:

There is an idea for a new form of gimmick match on a show on 8/13. The idea is it would be a match with Kenso vs. Takao Omori. There would be five other wrestlers who are the allowable interferers. Please hide this issue from Vince Russo. The idea is the five allowable interferers all get to come to the ring for 30 seconds, bringing any weapon they are able to bring with them, and use it on either guy or both guys if they wish. The interferers would enter like a Royal Rumble, at specific intervals one minute apart. But they have to leave and they can’t win the match.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Rodney the Piper posted:

Saw this in the last Wrestling Observer and had to repost, just because it seems so ridiculous.
Oh so THAT's what this was...

"5 Men's Decision Death Match"

Because it was a gimmick they put is LOWER on the card. It was taped though.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, outside of reverse cage/rumble matches.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It sounds really similar to a weapon roulette match from HUSTLE where every minute a new weapon was brought out. Once the 'weapon' was a roundhouse kick from CroCop. But that at least was HUSTLE...

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
In your article, Shiozaki vs Akiyama redirects to Sugiura Vs Sasaki.

Thanks for the matches as always, Kobashi does indeed make me sad nowdays.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Thanks, link fixed!

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
I should read this thread, since I had no idea the DDT show happened already o.O

Flameingblack posted:

I don't remember the round changing before Dino started using gay moves again though, I thought it only went to round 3.

e: The round didn't change, Dino started using sexual moves again in round 3 and wasn't DQ'd.

The Ring Announcer read out the list of "Bob Rules" at the start of Round 1. It was just a huge list of things Dino wasn't allowed to do to his balls.

The commentators said right at the start that during Round 3, both wrestlers would play by their own rules, or more specifically that "both sets of rules would be in place".

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

If anyone cares about the finals to PWG's Battle of LA:

Kevin Steen vs El Generico

And the winner of that match:

El Generico via BRAINBUSTAAAAAA to win BOLA and the PWG Heavyweight title.

Steen decided to defend his title through the tournament. I don't know if that's brave, or stupid.

e: Wrong topic.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Aug 21, 2011

Huge Ghost
Jun 26, 2007

a lil' horse

Flameingblack posted:

Steen decided to defend his title through the tournament. I don't know if that's brave, or stupid.

This did not happen

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Christian Dinosaur posted:

This did not happen
I hit the wrong topic anyway. This is what I was told, though.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Sawa is retiring because Battlarts, where he got his start, is closing. Why he cares so much about a company that's less than 1/10th his total bookings...

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

because Battlarts is rad and I will be sad to see them go. Watching 100lb soaking wet japanese kids trying to rip each other's limbs off never ceases to amaze and amuse me.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Yeah but why quit over it?

On a more positive note, Zero1 has booked Necro vs Masato Tanaka at Korakuen next month. Also, Cabana is on the next NOAH tour.

Coffey
Sep 9, 2003

by T. Finn

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, outside of reverse cage/rumble matches.

It would have worked in nWo-days WCW. They were going to come out and interfere anyway, so if it were a condition of the match, at least you would know (hope) that the main event match on PPV wouldn't end in a screwjob.

It's a good excuse to get guys on the show, anyway. Kevin Nash does a walk-in, hits a Lazy Bomb and dips.

Happy Happyist
Jul 23, 2007

I need your assistance to make the world blue and change it into a happy and peaceful society.

Ditch posted:

Yeah but why quit over it?

On a more positive note, Zero1 has booked Necro vs Masato Tanaka at Korakuen next month. Also, Cabana is on the next NOAH tour.

I'm not familiar with NOAH tour dates, is this the reason he didn't have any bookings past August?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
This tour is small, 10th-23rd.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fokinawa-prowres.jp%2F

Okinawa Pro Wrestling. I finally managed to find the link of the group I went to. Chances are small any PSP goons would be on this rock, but if you are, they have a show there at the building almost every day.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Can someone explain the gag with the AJPW news guy from the mid-early 90s?

Also, relating to my previous question about titles, I just watched a tag match where Misawa/Kawada dropped the belts to the M.V.C. They both seemed to be carrying two sets of belts? Is there anything to that?

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Ditch posted:

On a more positive note, Zero1 has booked Necro vs Masato Tanaka at Korakuen next month.

How is Masato these days? Necro's breaking down, but he can still bring it when he needs to, so this should be a pretty violent, awesome affair.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

LordPants posted:

Can someone explain the gag with the AJPW news guy from the mid-early 90s?

Also, relating to my previous question about titles, I just watched a tag match where Misawa/Kawada dropped the belts to the M.V.C. They both seemed to be carrying two sets of belts? Is there anything to that?
1. In hindsight it was time that could have been taken up by wrestling, and thus represent a huge loss. But the gist of it was to discuss angles, upcoming shows, things on the undercard, and promotional errata without trying to fit it into commentary.

2. They're the double tag titles because two tag championships were merged in the '80s, like the triple crown.

CombineThresher posted:

How is Masato these days? Necro's breaking down, but he can still bring it when he needs to, so this should be a pretty violent, awesome affair.
Tanaka is in good condition because he's a workout fiend and dropped a lot of roid bulk. Not that he isn't roiding, just differently.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The Lineup for DDT Campsite Pro Wrestling 2011:

quote:

DDT “CAMPING-GROUND PRO-WRESTLING OM”, 04/09/2011
Yamanashi Natureland Om

1. 4 Way Tag: Kota Ibushi & KUDO Vs Sanshiro Takagi & Munenori Sawa Vs Hikaru Sato & Michael Nakazawa Vs Isami Kodaka & Ken Ohka

DDT returns to the Yamanashi Natureland Om for their annual camping trip with some fresh faces popping up with the usual cast. Kota Ibushi, Sanshiro Takagi & Michael Nakazawa are no strangers to wrestling in that camping ground. This year they are joined by reigning KO-D Champion KUDO, Munenori Sawa, Hikaru Sato, DDT Extreme Champion Isami Kodaka and finally Ken Ohka. Expect to see fireworks, wrestlers falling down hills, Flying Huracanranas from swing sets and dives into the river among other things when the match takes place.

Source
I had heard a while back that they were trying to put Jun Kasai in the match, which would have been magical. If you've never seen a "Campsite Pro Wrestling" match, or any of DDT "Anywhere" matches, they're pretty awesome. Other sites include parks, a small town (And they beat the poo poo out of that town), an amusement park (Where everyone was forced to ride a Drop Zone type ride) and all sorts of random outside environments.

If you liked those Hardcore Title skits back when Crash Holly was the Hardcore Houdini, those are like that, but sometimes over an hour long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

NJPW is airing matches from the US tour on Japanese TV. I can't tell if I hate Toru Yano because he's a good heel or if I hate him because he's flabby and not very good.