Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FiftySeven
Jan 1, 2006

I WON THE BETTING POOL ON TESSAS THIRD STUPID VOTE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS HALF-ASSED TITLE

Slippery Tilde

pnumoman posted:

I love how Ippo doesn't have any lingering damage from the head shot, but he gets a raging fever from walking home in the rain. And the response from everyone is that the fever is much more concerning than the loving vicious head shot.

I was kinda hoping that its not actually a fever like they think, but that he is Punch drunk and his career is now over...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
Since Morikawa is now openly calling his own protagonist a waste of time, does this means Ippo won't be the focus anymore? That would be fantastic. A shift of narrative over to Sendo, Vorg, Takamura, or Sawamura feel overdue, and welcomed.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Jedah posted:

Since Morikawa is now openly calling his own protagonist a waste of time, does this means Ippo won't be the focus anymore? That would be fantastic. A shift of narrative over to Sendo, Vorg, Takamura, or Sawamura feel overdue, and welcomed.

I really hope it's Sendo since he's pretty much Ippo with a personality and balls. He already did a side story for him, so the back story is already well established!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
New Chapter.

Oh wow, foreshadowing at Ippo moving onto the world? Nope. This just implies like a dozen more matches before he properly levels up.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
All this talk of seeds can only meanKamogawa is going to make Ippo work on a farm to build his muscles

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
"I've been planting my seeds in his supple, firm young body." :jeb:

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
I swear to god, I better loving see lasers coming out of Ippo's eyes and missiles coming out of his fists when the "IsweartoGodthiswillmakeupforeverything" new Dempsey Roll comes out. Not even sure why I'm spoilering that.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The fact that Ippo needs to make the dempsey roll better isn't exactly a spoiler. He'll probably add a vertical element to it (motionless uppercuts). Dunno what he'd add to it while coming down since rabbit punches are illegal but whatever.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Fabricated posted:

The fact that Ippo needs to make the dempsey roll better isn't exactly a spoiler. He'll probably add a vertical element to it (motionless uppercuts). Dunno what he'd add to it while coming down since rabbit punches are illegal but whatever.

He punches himself on the way down so he doesn't feel uncomfortable with not getting pummeled in a match.

fivegears4reverse
Apr 4, 2007

by R. Guyovich

KittenofDoom posted:

"I've been planting my seeds in his supple, firm young body." :jeb:

Laughed way harder at this than I should have.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Fabricated posted:

Probably some kind of retarded straight that dislocates his shoulder until Kamogawa plants more seed in him to build it up.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I can't help but question the coach's tactics of "plant seeds that won't sprout until he's 40."

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Monaghan posted:

I can't help but question the coach's tactics of "plant seeds that won't sprout until he's 40."

Kamogawa's entire training repertoire is teaching the basics and talking about japanese spirit.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)

Serious Frolicking posted:

Kamogawa's entire training repertoire is teaching the basics and talking about japanese spirit.

Even though he has admitted that doing just that destroys boxers with shocking frequency.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
*no, there isn't a new chapter. Sorry if you got excited about being disappointed again.*

You know how we joked about the formula for sports manga a while back in this thread and someone actually came up with a golf manga?

King Golf.

Alright, which one of you is secretly a manga artist?

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Yep, reading that. It's about as obscure as the moeblob curling manga.

Highest Cactus
Jul 25, 2007

News: Mysterious illegal cookies seized. "Tastes terrible," says police.

ilifin posted:

Yep, reading that. It's about as obscure as the moeblob curling manga.

Which one is that? I'd jump ship from Ippo in a heartbeat.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Highest Cactus posted:

Which one is that? I'd jump ship from Ippo in a heartbeat.
Orange Delivery. It's really bad.

SDShamshel
Jun 19, 2004

Picturing You Naked
There are actually quite a few golf manga out there.

Positronbob
Jul 5, 2007
Right through the pants
Are any of them any good? For some reason I think they'd make oddly compelling reading. Lots of room for nerdery and minutiae, which is how I like my sporting mangas. I find the talking about technique and such absorbing, even though it's usually utter bullshit.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
When the hell is a new chapter going to come out

Leonard Leroy
Feb 11, 2007

Filipino Box Spring Hog
Shamo rocks guys.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

tbp posted:

When the hell is a new chapter going to come out

I really had to restrain myself from saying "who the gently caress cares." I didn't realize I'd get to this point with a manga so quickly after reading it.

Although if it just turns into awesome bar-brawls from now on I'll hop right back on board.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
Chapter 946

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Nilbop posted:

I really had to restrain myself from saying "who the gently caress cares." I didn't realize I'd get to this point with a manga so quickly after reading it.

Although if it just turns into awesome bar-brawls from now on I'll hop right back on board.

It was a 99% off-screen brawl :(

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
HnI has almost nothing to do with fighting. It is all boxing, training, and homoerotic subtext.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Serious Frolicking posted:

HnI has almost nothing to do with fighting. It is all boxing, training, and homoerotic subtext.

And Takamura being awesome

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

I'm glad we got yet another chapter wrapping up the backstory of a character that nobody cared about

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So RRR's next chapter should be really cool guys.

Vagrancy
Oct 15, 2005
Master of procrastination
Chapter 947

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

And now, just to change it up, a few over-the-shoulder head-tilts with the mouth gaping wide open.

Isn't it wonderful how that can be used to convey every emotion in any scene in this manga?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Ok so someone's gonna retire/leave kamogawa soon? or will the author just forget about this?

Another Poster
Apr 12, 2008
I didnt bother to read a single word of that chapter...

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Another Poster posted:

I didnt bother to read a single word of that chapter...

The point of the next arc will be hard work versus hard work and natural talent.

No, it advances nothing.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
No, the next arc will be Takamura facing felony assault charges.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The next arc will be character x training for their next match. It probably won't be Takamura, because he has forgotten how to box.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Zellyn fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Aug 25, 2011

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Hey, look seven posts up!

Eeevil
Oct 28, 2010

Well obviously he didn't see it, or he'd be wearing a hardhat :colbert:
Nobody mentioned a fight sports manga that's better than Ippo since this last chapter, so here's some links.

Ganbare Genki(boxing)
Buyuden(boxing)
Hanza Sky(karate)
Bushidou Sixteen(kendo)
Overbleed(streetfighting)

There's also Holyland and Teppu, which have their own threads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxing Snatcher
Jul 4, 2011

I have been looking for some great Beef Jerky since my local convenience store changed owners.

Eeevil posted:

Nobody mentioned a fight sports manga that's better than Ippo since this last chapter, so here's some links.

Ganbare Genki(boxing)
Buyuden(boxing)
Hanza Sky(karate)
Bushidou Sixteen(kendo)
Overbleed(streetfighting)

There's also Holyland and Teppu, which have their own threads.

I am still really digging RRR. In my mind it cannot get enough praise right now.