Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Those who work for the imperalists are few!

"Right." - Reporter on AJE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namarrgon
Dec 23, 2008

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
So it seems as if Tripoli has been ready to burst for a while now and this is just the final drop in the balloon pressure bubble thingy.

I guess we all got a bit fooled by the propaganda of the colonel's strong supporters in Tripoli.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Gaddafi saying tomorrow Tripoli will be destroyed, implicitly acknowledging it will be over shortly.

cmcxon
Feb 12, 2007
Syrian news editor reporting Gaddafi is dead as of 1 hour a go

http://twitter.com/#!/MalikAlAbdeh

Take it for what twitter is currently.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Quickie translation:

quote:

They have come, they have occupied Tripoli. How can you allow the colonialists to occupy Tripoli again, this is unacceptable!
Tripoli has become like Baghdad, it is now being destroyed, it must end now, it must not happen, go out and fight them
All the tribes leave your homes and fight (names various tribes) Defend Tripoli like it was defended against the Italians
(names more tribes, Allooss, Garbolli etc) All come and defend Tripoli or you will become slaves tomorrow
They have started to arrive! There is no room for occupiers. Where will you flee you traitors! Go back to where you came from

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Whatever happened to that crazy goon who went to libya?

The rat says squee
May 6, 2007
What else should they say?
Does the audio from CQ keep cutting out from his end, or is that Al Jazeera live just having problems.

Also, CQ has been reduced to begging from fictional supporters.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Zeina Khodr is live on AJE now http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I've only been lurking in this thread for the past two weeks but I would also like to thank Brown Moses for doing an excellent job on keeping people informed about something that a lot of the media really should be doing a better job covering.

It's incredible how fast Tripoli is collapsing here.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Zeina Khodr, AJE correspondent, looks absolutely tired. Hope she can get some sleep soon. :(

AllanGordon
Jan 26, 2010

by Shine

D-Pad posted:

He ran out of money and left iirc.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
What's going to happen with Surt/Sirt/Sirte? Isn't that place like completely pro-Gaddafi?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The rebels are in the Green Square, now. Encountering resistance from pro-Gaddafi's, though

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I've seen reports of celebrations in the west, south and east of Tripoli. Basically Tripoli is now surrounded by one giant party.

Frederik
Aug 9, 2008

D-Pad posted:

Haha, what. Someone here did that? :psyboom:

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

karl fungus posted:

What's going to happen with Surt/Sirt/Sirte? Isn't that place like completely pro-Gaddafi?

I think they'll realise they are pretty hosed, and I would expect splits between fanatics and people who want to live on in Libya.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Frederik posted:

Yeah, Caro, last I heard he ran out of supplies, and went back to get more. Don't know if he made a return trip yet.
[edit] Oh yeah, and he's literally crazy, schizophrenic I think.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"God is great and Tripoli will be free" is beautiful :unsmith:

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Frederik posted:

They mean Caro.

He's insane and has a youtube channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/orac22

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
Man, gently caress. I've got to resit all my goddamn exams, and now this poo poo is happening and I just had to log on again.

That photorug, god fuckin' drat. I wish Cameron was genuinely a huge authoritarian rear end in a top hat so we could do something like this, feel like that kind of freedom they must be feeling.

gently caress me, look at Benghazi. Incredible.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:
Out of curiousity, why isn't there a thread in D&D about this? The only one seems to be closed and on one of the back pages?

Come on lads, fix up.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

D-Pad posted:

AllanGordon posted:

He ran out of money and left iirc.

His Facebook doesn't indicate he left...last location update was early August in Misrata

edit: maybe he did though, I don't know, the kid is weird as gently caress

Arkane fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Aug 21, 2011

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Wow, what's that woman yelling about in Benghazi?

Finlander
Feb 21, 2011

lorn Wayne posted:

Out of curiousity, why isn't there a thread in D&D about this? The only one seems to be closed and on one of the back pages?

Come on lads, fix up.

There isn't really much to D&D, though, is there?
Gaddafi's a dick, he's going down as we speak. Not much else to it.

MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008
Saadi Gadaffi confirmed captured.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
Update: pretty much all of Gaddaffi's live kids are captured.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I'd post more updates, but it's basically just more and more rumours from Tripoli. AJE has just confirmed 3 of Gaddafi's sons are in rebel custody
Live coverage
Reuters
Guardian
BBC
AJE
AJE Live Stream (alt)
Sky News Live Stream (alt)
Journalists in Libya Twitter list

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

lorn Wayne posted:

Come on lads, fix up.

Because there's not really a point in having two threads.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Three Gaddafi sons captured. loving amazing. Look out Khamis, you're next.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
I wonder if Gaddafi's children are talking about their father's whereabouts, especially the eldest son Muhammad.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.
Wish all of his kids had lived, however all live captures on the night of the fall is a good result.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

Afro posted:

They mean Caro.

He's insane and has a youtube channel!

http://www.youtube.com/user/orac22

:stare:

Please someone link to the thread were he says he's going to libya! I loved reading his goldmined mod challenge thread, it was hilarious.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Apparently - according to a Gaddafi official - NATO is taking orders from Al-Q. Wow, they are really grasping at straws now.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Man, looking at all those people stomping and driving over the pictures of Gaddafi, that must be so satisfying for them. This is it! They win!

Now, if only Gaddafi wasn't smart enough to leave Libya. He would've gotten the Ceausescu treatment.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

Support outside the Libyan embassy in Cairo - that's pretty drat cool.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Gaddafi being reported as having fled to Algeria on Fox News but I have no idea where they got that.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Here's hoping Gaddafi's fall will spruce up protests across the Middle East, and maybe even in African nations.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Gaddafi being reported as having fled to Algeria on Fox News but I have no idea where they got that.

Honestly, probably twitter.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

The Algeria thing is just a rumour at the moment.
It's great to see these pictures from Tripoli, so many people were predicting bloody street fighting, instead it's one big party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
I wonder if anyone will organise a party outside the Libyan embassy in London :unsmith:

• Locked thread