Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Nice burning tent there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Alex Crawford is live on sky
http://news.sky.com/sky-news/app/liveTV/liveTv.html

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
They show a group of guys pushing a Hyundai away and the Al-J announcer calls it "a rather high end car". Hell, those Nissan kill-dozer trucks are more high end than that, at least in the States!

Did you guys see that Nissan kill-dozer with the giant FLAK cannon in the back? They fired it and it looked like that truck was kicked back 50 yards from the burst! Balls of steel to be manning that thing and the guy behind the wheel standing on the e-brake.

kindermord
Jun 5, 2003
ducks is chickens with swimmy toes
did that live shot commentator just call a Hundai a "high end car"?

efb: gently caress you furious mittens :mad:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Furious Mittens posted:

They show a group of guys pushing a Hyundai away and the Al-J announcer calls it "a rather high end car". Hell, those Nissan kill-dozer trucks are more high end than that, at least in the States!

Did you guys see that Nissan kill-dozer with the giant FLAK cannon in the back? They fired it and it looked like that truck was kicked back 50 yards from the burst! Balls of steel to be manning that thing and the guy behind the wheel standing on the e-brake.

last night they were showing a technical launching rockets, and it set the truck on fire

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Alex Crawford is interviewing Libyans inside the compound right now.

[edit]And it's loving awesome.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

kindermord posted:

Yeah I'd like to know if that AK was solid or just plated. Regardless, not sure if I'd feel safe strolling around with it in a well armed crowd.

Gold is a soft metal and couldn't be swapped for steel or the gun would just explode when fired. Plus it'd take special machining tools to make the weapon out of gold, and that just wouldn't make sense even for a luxury item because it'd be useless.

So in all likelihood it's gold plated.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
Any news on the Rixos?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

There's rumours fighting is heading that way.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Alex Crawford just showed the flag being raised in that bombed out building in the compound where the ugly statue is.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo, that's a hell of a lot of ammo being fired in the ear of that reporter! (Celebration fire)

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
AJE anchor: Bullets that go up often come back down

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
I love this guy, hundreds of rounds going into the air and hes just "well, this is a little alarming, bit of an unpleasant experience as what goes up, must come down"

NOBEARD
Oct 17, 2008

Hee hee hee
Hee hee hee
College Slice
Al Jazeera is the loving best.

"Slight bit of gunfire." -- Multiple people firing AKs into the air in the background.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

quote:

GO TO HELL GADDAFI, GO TO HELL, WHERE IS HIS LOYALTY NOW?...BASTARD!!

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Ghetto Prince posted:

I love this guy, hundreds of rounds going into the air and hes just "well, this is a little alarming, bit of an unpleasant experience as what goes up, must come down"

He seems to be pretty accustomed to bullets by now.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

NOBEARD posted:

Al Jazeera is the loving best.

"Slight bit of gunfire." -- Multiple people firing AKs into the air in the background.

My favorite was the 6-8 year old kid in a Man. U. jersey being helped by an adult rebel, firing his Kalishnikov into the air.

*E* AL-J Arabic is showing what appears to be a rebel leader addressing the media on the grounds of the compound.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Furious Mittens posted:

My favorite was the 6-8 year old kid in a Man. U. jersey being helped by an adult rebel, firing his Kalishnikov into the air.

Was that the kid running covering his ears? Definitely the coolest kid in the world today.

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Ghetto Prince posted:

I am not sure I can imagine anyone else but a Brit dealing with a situation like that :britain:

VikingSkull posted:

Was that the kid running covering his ears? Definitely the coolest kid in the world today.

Looked like an AC Milan top to me.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Praying in front of the statue. :unsmith:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Furious Mittens posted:

Holy poo poo, that's a hell of a lot of ammo being fired in the ear of that reporter! (Celebration fire)

It must be worse in situ, in a concrete square surrounded by concrete buildings. I bet he's got some mighty tinnitus after this Tripoli gig...

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Gaddafi's stupid tent is burning to the ground at the moment.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Nuclear Spoon posted:

Looked like an AC Milan top to me.

Yeah, I think it was AC Milan. Forgive my American-ness and not knowing my football jerseys.

Priapist
Aug 10, 2002

Heeeere's Herbie!
The defining image for anti-tyranny revolts in the 21st century is a dude in flip-flops and board shorts hoisting a flag over Muammar Qaddafi's compound.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.
Guy on sky at the moment trying to speak over all the gun fire :lol:.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Priapist posted:

The defining image for anti-tyranny revolts in the 21st century is a dude in flip-flops and board shorts hoisting a flag over Muammar Qaddafi's compound.

I wish I could find the picture again but I saw one of a guy in a Metallica shirt near that trucktank. That slayed me.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Someone on AJA shouting 'Palestinians, we are coming!'.....

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Shooting around the Rixos, journalists are moving upstairs for safety.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
They *really* want that fist/plane statue down, but all they can come up with is to spray paint it and hang off it trying to break it.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

Brown Moses posted:

Shooting around the Rixos, journalists are moving upstairs for safety.

I bet that RT guy there didn't need much convincing and was probably the first one upstairs.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Rip Testes posted:

I bet that RT guy there didn't need much convincing and was probably the first one upstairs.

Lizzie Cocker/Phelan is probably passing out flowers and screaming "all is well, long live the Colonel! The government still controls Libya!"

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Matthew Chance says he's going on air from the Rixos.

Chuck Boone
Feb 12, 2009

El Turpial

Brown Moses posted:

Matthew Chance says he's going on air from the Rixos.

He's on CNN now. He says there's no fighting in the lobby yet, but he expects it very shortly.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

quote:

Fighter on Sky News at compound: "I'm feeling really great; we're really free from this rear end in a top hat Muammar Gaddafi." Gotta love live TV.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Can someone post the streams where all the action is? The only one linked so far is just talking about stuff happening in England.

boner meter
Apr 27, 2006
I AM A SMUG ASSHOLE WHO BELIEVES IN RACIST PROPAGANDA. I DESERVE ONLY RIDICULE.

something posted:

Can someone post the streams where all the action is? The only one linked so far is just talking about stuff happening in England.

As always :) http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

e: hope that guy trying to pull the tail off the plane doesn't get hurt :ohdear:

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

something posted:

I find Al Jazeera English's stream to be the most interesting: http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
"hey rob rob, you're in my frame." lol

edit: Serious fighting going on, got home just in time.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

something posted:

Live Blogs August 23rd
Guardian
BBC
AJE
LibyaFeb17.com
Feb17.info
AJE Live Stream (alt)
Sky News Live Stream (alt)
Journalists in Libya Twitter list

Sky is live from there now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU