Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Wasn't there supposed to be some free DLC comin' out for this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhadamanthus
Dec 12, 2004

I roll a lotta sushi, roll 'em fat like John Belushi; call me Desi Arnaz, dogg, I love the Lucy.
In September, so says Rockstar.

GT is Radishmantis if anyone wants to ride. Getting a little sick of the 12-year-olds screeching like baboons.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I got to level 50 (the second time around) this last weekend, playing in Nuevo Paraiso with a player who had such a think Spanish accent that I couldn't make out most of what he was saying to me. He did call me "friend" a lot. In all it seemed a very appropriate way to play the game.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Anyone know why the RDR news page is all in German now?

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/news

Someone dun goofed, I guess.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

GenoCanSing posted:

Anyone know why the RDR news page is all in German now?

http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/news

Someone dun goofed, I guess.

OMG its a clue that the next RDR will involve Jack going to germany to fight in WWI! :supaburn:

Ok probably not...

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
"Ich bin ein John Marston!!! :arghfist::clint:"

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Herbert Moon meeting the Nazi SS would be like a tearful family reunion.
Lots of hugging and fist bumps.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Robnoxious posted:

Herbert Moon meeting the Nazi SS would be like a tearful family reunion.
Lots of hugging and fist bumps.

Herbert Moon is pretty distinctly American though, he probably hates Germans too.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Looks like Rockstar just turned on Triple XP for Live and PSN for the rest of the day and tonight. Too bad I'm jamming on a huge work deadline for tomorrow. Go chase those zonkeys people!

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
They've had triple XP too often lately. I'm not gonna get out of bed for anything less than quintuple XP now.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Triple XP really should be the default. I would probably play multiplayer a lot more if it actually felt like I was making progress.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
The bitch of it is the challenges all reset when you pass into legend. Some of them I don't mind doing again but gently caress me there are some grindy ones; I realize you don't HAVE to do them over again, but if you want to get to Rank 5 Legend you basically commit yourself to doing any challenges you did at the beginning over again at the end.

Jumping off a cliff 100 times? Why not. Sigh.

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

quote:

Today, we're happy to announce that the previously announced FREE Red Dead Redemption Myths & Mavericks Bonus Pack will be available for download to everyone on PlayStation Network and Xbox LIVE in less than two weeks, September 13th 2011.

This completely free Bonus Pack DLC is our token of appreciation for all the amazing Red Dead fans out there especially those who are keeping online multiplayer as busy and as fun as ever, (especially when we turn on the extra XP). Myths and Mavericks will include a whole bunch of new fan-favorite multiplayer characters from the single-player story, as well as new multiplayer locations including Cochinay, Nekoti Rock and Beecher's Hope, plus new Stronghold games in Armadillo, Tumbleweed, and Chuparosa. The full list of locations, modes and characters is below. Stay tuned for some first screens of the new characters in their multiplayer glory and in the new map locations in the coming weeks leading up to the Pack's release.

Maps/Modes (bolded locations are brand new to multiplayer)
Cochinay – Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout, Stronghold
Nekoti Rock – Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
El Presidio – Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
Plainview – Gold Rush, Shootout, Gang Shootout
Gaptooth Mine – Shootout, Gang Shootout
Pike’s Basin – Shootout, Gang Shootout
Rio Bravo – Shootout, Gang Shootout
Perdido – Hold Your Own, Grab the Bag
Benedict Point – Hold Your Own, Grab the Bag
Beecher’s Hope - Stronghold
Torquemada - Stronghold
Armadillo - Stronghold
Chuparosa - Stronghold
Tumbleweed - Stronghold

New Multiplayer Characters
Landon Ricketts
Vicente DeSanta
Drew MacFarlane
Deputy Eli
Deputy Jonah
Javier Esquella
Nastas
Uncle

So no undead freeroam, and no playable Herbert Mooooooooon. :sigh:

Were the dumb deputies and Drew MacFarlane and Nastas really "fan favorites"?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

GenoCanSing posted:

Nastas is loving awesome :colbert:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Uncle? Seriously? I wanted Herbert. Moon.

It is about time they did something with Cochinay and Torquemada, though.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

GenoCanSing posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Not to be that guy, but it would've been nice to have some more female characters in multiplayer. I mean, it's only SLIGHTLY biased toward males. Slightly.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Crappy Jack posted:

Not to be that guy, but it would've been nice to have some more female characters in multiplayer. I mean, it's only SLIGHTLY biased toward males. Slightly.

What other major female characters are there though?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Saint Sputnik posted:

What other major female characters are there though?

I'm not saying major female characters. I'm saying there's something like ten female characters in the game, and then maybe five more with the DLC, while there's over a hundred male characters. The female characters are literally in their own category, "Misc. Women". It's honestly a little unfair, you have to admit.

Quegg
May 31, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT HAVING 35 BASE SPEED
I have only recently had the pleasure of playing this game and I'm enjoying it very much. But are horses supposed to be suicidal? I've lost at least two by having them run full speed into things when calling them over.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Quegg posted:

But are horses supposed to be suicidal? I've lost at least two by having them run full speed into things when calling them over.
Probably, yeah. My War Horse likes to stand and walk on train tracks for some reason. :downs:

GenoCanSing
Mar 2, 2004

Darth Brooks posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are out of Bort license plates. Repeat, no more Bort license plates.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Crappy Jack posted:

I'm not saying major female characters. I'm saying there's something like ten female characters in the game, and then maybe five more with the DLC, while there's over a hundred male characters. The female characters are literally in their own category, "Misc. Women". It's honestly a little unfair, you have to admit.

I'm fairly certain that every female model in the game is already playable, so I don't know who you would want them to add, as I doubt they're going to go through and add a bunch of new models to a free DLC thing released over a year after the game came out.

Encryptic
May 3, 2007

Quegg posted:

I have only recently had the pleasure of playing this game and I'm enjoying it very much. But are horses supposed to be suicidal? I've lost at least two by having them run full speed into things when calling them over.

The horse is actually smarter than you sometimes - it won't run off a cliff unless you make it jump. That's lent itself to a number of amusing sessions of trying to break my record of longest fall survived with a horse (the game ironically records this under the "Travel" section of the stats). I finished the game a few days ago and it was at 575 feet - probably from jumping off one of the huge buttes and cliffs in Mexico.

Cows are tards in the game though, much like in real life. I just wish they would have implemented some kind of cattle rustling mechanic into the game - the herding parts were fun as hell. Not to mention being able to sell wild horses once you break them.

Crappy Jack posted:

Well, to be (un)fair, the old West wasn't exactly known for having women play a strong role besides being whores. See: Deadwood.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Crappy Jack posted:

Well I try to do my part for women's lib by always playing online as that insane French prostitute and constantly hit the speech button when I'm near people.
"I keeeel you, aAaaaaAhhghhAAA!"

Pees With Boner
Jun 7, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I thought Undead Nightmare was really well done but once again I was pretty disappointed in the ending and wasn't really compelled to keep playing. Also the Sasquatch mission ending made me want to die.

Red Dead is an awesome game, I wonder if they'll make a sequel since I really can't imagine what they'd add. I'm not one to suggest this usually but it might benefit from some more RPG type elements since they can't exactly go in the over-the-top direction most games tend to head. The game is really perfect at what it does, but what it does is somewhat limited. In any event I'd definitely hope that a new iteration would be in the form of a prequel; if I could play through a similar game as Landon Ricketts I'd pretty much jizz my shizz

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I always thought it'd be interesting to play as John while he was in cahoots with Dutch and Williamson, so yeah, a prequel of any kind would be cool.

Also Rockstar registered/trademarked/whatever "Red Dead Revolution" right after RDR came out, so I'm sure we'll see more cowboy shenanigans in the future.

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap
It's gonna be a line-dancing variation of DDR.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

nudejedi posted:

It's gonna be a line-dancing variation of DDR.

For the Kinect, naturally.

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Doktor von Blaze posted:

Probably, yeah. My War Horse likes to stand and walk on train tracks for some reason. :downs:

First time I saw buffalo I turned to see them just in time to see a train run over like 6 and lag my game to poo poo, it was incredible. I've tried to purposely hunt buffalo with train herding since then but I can never get it to work.

But my favorite silly poo poo moment was when I was in Meixco riding my horse a little fast through a town and some white dude explained to me, "People 'round here know not to gently caress with ME". Except right as he got to the ending part my horse sort of touched him and he rotated to the ground 90 degrees without moving. Like if you pushed over a domino or the second hand on a clock. Then he just lay perfectly still sideways on the ground like a log. Whatever, tough guy.

Captain Beans fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 3, 2011

Sco Dylan
Feb 27, 2003

Help me help you
I am absolutely shocked that Herbert Moon is not one of the characters. Everything hinted at it with them talking up the "fan favorite" thing. Rockstar is usually on the pulse of their fans, so this is odd.

I'm also just as shocked that Ricketts wasn't already a playable multiplayer character, I really thought he was. Just the zombie version I guess? Strange though...

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Heh, just picked this up for the first time in months and jumped into a couple MP matches and wiped the floor with everybody. Just like riding a bicycle.

The music + gunshots are better than I remember, extremely satisfying.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Found something cool;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/32597287@N08/4753080087/

It's an artist's version of a dime novel version for Red Dead Redemption.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
I'd read it.

I'm still kinda pissed there's no Herbert Moon in multiplayer.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I've recently come back to this game after a year break, and I don't know if the game is glitched, or if I'm just missing something obvious, but I'm completely lost!

I have three Stranger entries:
I Know You
Deadalus and Son
Lights, Camera, Action

There are no hints on where to go on the map for any of these missions. Deadalus and Son is the only mission that actually has an Objective that hasn't been completed, but it requires killing beavers, and I can't figure out how to get up north. I Know You and Lights, Camera, Action show I've completed all the objectives. What am I supposed to do?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

I've recently come back to this game after a year break, and I don't know if the game is glitched, or if I'm just missing something obvious, but I'm completely lost!

I have three Stranger entries:
I Know You
Deadalus and Son
Lights, Camera, Action

There are no hints on where to go on the map for any of these missions. Deadalus and Son is the only mission that actually has an Objective that hasn't been completed, but it requires killing beavers, and I can't figure out how to get up north. I Know You and Lights, Camera, Action show I've completed all the objectives. What am I supposed to do?

The answer to all your questions is to wait until West Elizabeth is unlocked.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Oxxidation posted:

The answer to all your questions is to wait until West Elizabeth is unlocked.

I don't seem to have any story missions, nor do any show on my map. How the hell do I see what mission I'm on?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Nuts and Gum posted:

I don't seem to have any story missions, nor do any show on my map. How the hell do I see what mission I'm on?

The title of your save game is the last mission you've completed. Though even then, I don't remember a time when the minimap wasn't pointing me to the next story mission.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Oxxidation posted:

The title of your save game is the last mission you've completed. Though even then, I don't remember a time when the minimap wasn't pointing me to the next story mission.

God dammit, I never would have thought to look there for the mission name, thanks. Turns out there IS an L icon in the very bottom of the map, I've wasted like 5 hours trying to figure out what to do. This loving game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
double post

• Locked thread