Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Job Seeker

Location: Spokane, WA looking for a job in Baltimore, MD and surrounding area. (Specifically will be moving to Catonsville)

Education: Sadly basic high school and a number of college courses / tech specific courses.

Experience: 4, about to be 5 years, of Technical Support, Phone Support and Help Desk experience.

Looking for: Any Desk jobs in the Baltimore, MD area. I'm trying to move out there to be with my new fiance. I'm superb in the phone support area for specific software and/or IT related Help Desk I.

Availability: 3 weeks. 2 week notice for present employer + 1 week to drive across the continent, literally.

Contact me at: scottr1013 -at- gmail -dot- com, PM works too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
Job Seeker

Location: Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania, willing to relocate/commute.

Education: B.S. Psychology

Experience: Retail at Payless and Walmart photo dept. College Tour guide, University Audio/Visual Center, Warehouse, Pin Chaser, Call Center. I'm pretty handy with computers and photography equipment/photoshop.

Looking for: Anything really. I'm at a new place in my life and ready to explore all options.

Availability: Immediate start. Looking for around 40 hours or less. Preferably with 2 consecutive days off per week, but will consider all options.

Contact me at: reciprocal.saw (at) gmail (dot) com

Prince Reggie K fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 31, 2011

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Plato, Heidegger, Aristotle, LOL
Job Openings

Epic Systems, located in Verona, Wisconsin, has been on a hiring binge ever since the Stimulus bill. Epic is one of the biggest, and definitely the highest-rated producer of electronic health record software. Some of the positions require an IT background, but others are open to any type of degree. I was able to get on as a project manager/implementation consultant and both of my degrees are liberal arts.

Epic is a really crazy place. Google the company and see if you can find some pictures of the campus. It's like Disney World. You will work long weeks (55-60 is not uncommon the week or two before a go-live), but you are compensated well (Project Managers start off at 62k and lots of opportunity for bonuses). Project managers can expect to travel 50% of the time. You do, however, get bonuses once you hit a number of trips per year. Tech services, QA, and other positions will require much less travel.

The interviewing process is extensive. They get thousands of applications every month and they make sure they get a very particular type of person. Your academic record must be strong. You need to be energetic and assertive, or at least pretend that you are. They also make you take a number of tests that resemble the SAT/GREs, and they are weighed heavily in their hiring decisions. No drug test though!

If they like you enough they will pay for you to fly out to Madison and come interview on-site. They pay for the cabs, hotel, food, everything. They don't skimp either - the hotel they put me up in as well as the restaurant we had dinner at were both very nice. So at the very least you can probably get a free vacation out of Epic. They don't really care about money so they still cut a lot of applicants from the pool at this stage, despite paying hundreds for them to come out and interview. During the on-site visit you will have to take some tests, do a couple interviews, and give a 10 minute presentation on a topic of your choosing.

If you make it past that stage then welcome aboard! Epic definitely prefers young people with little work experience (They don't want to retrain you). You have to seem like you are moldable. If this doesn't sound too bad and you enjoy constant travel, follow the link below and explore the various opportunities at Epic. If anyone plans on applying just leave your e-mail and I will get in touch with you. If you get hired I get a nice bonus. :)

http://careers.epic.com/positions.php

EDIT: Forgot one of the most important parts. While Epic offers fantastic pay for an entry-level position, the training that you receive while there is worth much more to health systems and consultants. You will have a 1 year non-compete when you leave Epic, but your first gig after the grace period is guaranteed to bring you well over 100k/yr. As soon as you finish certifications you will start to get headhunted on LinkedIn and other similar websites.

EDIT2: I also think it's worth mentioning that Epic is extremely picky in who they pick. There are thousands of applications received every month, so they have the luxury to turn down almost everyone who applies. They place heavy emphasis on things like GPA (I'm not sure what the minimum is because they change it and I'm not in HR, but I hear around 3.3 is probably the lowest. I had a 3.4 in undergrad and 3.8 in grad school) and test scores. If you did not do well in college, bombed your standardized testing, or have zero internship/work experience, you probably have no shot at getting the job. Not trying to discourage anyone from applying, but I also don't want goons wasting their time needlessly.

ChadBroChill17 fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Sep 16, 2011

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

ChadBroChill17 posted:

EDIT: Forgot one of the most important parts. While Epic offers fantastic pay for an entry-level position, the training that you receive while there is worth much more to health systems and consultants. You will have a 1 year non-compete when you leave Epic, but your first gig after the grace period is guaranteed to bring you well over 100k/yr. As soon as you finish certifications you will start to get headhunted on LinkedIn and other similar websites.

My company steals people from Epic left and right, so this is true. But we don't pay them nearly that much. They get to do pretty much the same job for a slight pay raise, but get to leave Wisconsin.

vandelay industries
Apr 6, 2007

what delay industries?

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Job Openings

http://careers.epic.com/positions.php

I'm interested in applying for a few positions! send me a message at lyleus @ gmail.com :)

Monocular
Jul 29, 2003

Sugartime Jones
Just got rejected from Epic myself :gbsmith: By all accounts they are great to work for though, you guys should definitely consider it.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Monocular posted:

Just got rejected from Epic myself :gbsmith: By all accounts they are great to work for though, you guys should definitely consider it.

Their loss could be my company's gain. Here's a list of our openings for our technology segment, which is very similar to Epic: link

Send me an email: david.gaffin (at) gmail.com if you're interested in these or other positions. (All openings)

Open invitation for anyone else to email me as well. Definitely hit me up rather than just apply online, since you're way more likely to get an interview through a direct referral than a resume black hole.

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005
Job Seeker

Location: Eastern CT. Willing to relocate to literally anywhere on earth if you can sponsor a work visa. I like traveling.

Education: B.S and M.Eng, Biological Engineering, Cornell University. E.I.T certification received Aug 2007.

Experience: Four years experience in pharmaceutical industry as a formulation and scale-up scientist in solid oral doses, small-molecule emphasis. Currently employed at Pfizer. Experience with formulation development, short-duration supervision of manufacturing operators, and hands-on experience in most associated unit operations on laboratory-scale equipment.

Looking for: Either a continuation of formulation development at a relevant experience level, a branch into process engineering, or project management / manufacturing coordination. I am open to other fields outside pharmaceuticals, including consumer products, cosmetics, or petroleum.

Availability: Negotiable, preferably after November 1 due to me kind of wanting to attend my own wedding ceremony. :)

Contact me at: PM, or at francis dot m dot moore at gmail dot com.

alreadybeen
Nov 24, 2009
Thanks!

alreadybeen fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jan 18, 2012

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.
Job Seeker:

A friend who works for google ( San Francisco, California ) wants me to save up a few thousand and move in with him near Ofarrell Street/ Polk which leaves me to spending my evenings scouting future employment in the area. What job search engines do you all prefer? Popular temp agencies? Head-hunters? My background has been administrative assistant, call-center, and personal assistant. Help much appreciated!

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Job Openings

Epic Systems

If anyone plans on applying just leave your e-mail and I will get in touch with you. If you get hired I get a nice bonus. :)

Thanks for the heads up, I just submitted an application. This sounds like a really great opportunity, something that is in short supply these days... I applied as evanklaus (at) gmail.com, fingers crossed!

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!
Job Seeker

Education: B.A. Classical Civilizations (Rome + Greece, I know Latin), from UCBerkeley.

Experience: Over a year in various restaurants, mostly as a cashier but also as a server. Did a 3-month internship earlier this year working as Social Media Marketing Intern for an independent record label. Over a year's experience with a digital music editing & audio workstation program (Ableton Live).

Looking for: drat near anything, specifically an office job or an audio/post-production job, preferably the latter. I'm good on computers, I can type quickly, and I have good communication & customer service skills. I can do data entry, copy editing, original writing, customer service, basically drat near anything that needs to get done in an office. At the same time, I have extensive experience with digital audio editing & setting up audio hardware, and would love to work along that avenue doing some kind of sound editing/maintenance either directly for an audio/post-production facility, a recording label, a radio station, etc., OR working in the sound department for some larger company. (I have an early demo-reel to showcase some of my editing techniques.)

Not looking for: Cashiering, food service.

Availability: Totally right now, I need work post haste.

Contact me: evanklaus (at) gmail

MYDIXIEWRECKED
Jan 8, 2005

ChadBroChill17 posted:

If anyone plans on applying just leave your e-mail and I will get in touch with you. If you get hired I get a nice bonus. :)

Another goon strongly considering applying.

Email is grantlyon(at)gmail.com

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Job Openings

Epic Systems, located in Verona, Wisconsin, has been on a hiring binge ever since the Stimulus bill. Epic is one of the biggest, and definitely the highest-rated producer of electronic health record software. Some of the positions require an IT background, but others are open to any type of degree. I was able to get on as a project manager/implementation consultant and both of my degrees are liberal arts.

Fire me off an email at tonybarrett/gmail

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

ChadBroChill17 posted:

EPIC
:words:

FYI for anyone considering a position of this type:

This is very similar to a Technology Consultant role at most Consulting firms. In fact, Epic often works with a 3rd party consulting firm to assist businesses implementing Epic systems.

If you are looking at Epic's job descriptions and think you would be a good fit, I highly recommend looking at other Tech Consulting firms such as Accenture, IBM, The Big 4 (Deloitte, PWC, E&Y, KPMG) etc.

Usually these firms require a higher pedigree, but will take just about any degree and train the poo poo out of you. You will work your rear end off but the exit opportunities are huge. It's possible you may travel more than Epic consultants, but you can live almost anywhere (as opposed to being stuck in WI - nothing against WI - just some people may have trouble with that requirement).

If you are a single, recent graduate - Consulting is a great first job.

Bombtrack
Dec 2, 2001

Grimey Drawer

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Job Openings

I'm interested in applying, my email address is ...

Bombtrack fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Dec 4, 2012

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Job Seeker

Education: will have compleated AA in Business Administration by the end of this school year
Experience: 6 years manufacturing, 1 year retail loan processing, 3 years retail.

Looking for: Data entry, Administrative, Banking finance, Help desk

Not looking for: Cashiering, food service.

Availability: In can start two weeks from when I know have the job
Contact me:joebuddah (at) gmail

monoptic
Apr 8, 2004

MAGNICIFENT!

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Job Openings

Epic Systems, located in Verona, Wisconsin, has been on a hiring binge ever since the Stimulus bill. Epic is one of the biggest, and definitely the highest-rated producer of electronic health record software.

A few of these caught my eye, and the travel/training is a major incentive for me. Email is ecouch11 (at) gmail.

Thanks!

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn
EDIT: Wrong thread. Move along, nothing to see here.

Feast of Burden fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Sep 7, 2011

MalqtheProphet
Sep 7, 2011

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Hey there,

So, this is my first post, and a goon directed me to this thread. Interested in the Epic System job if it's still open, and I'm a recent graduate of UW-Madison.

Been longing to go back north.

Anyway, ncalle1234 (at) gmail (dot) com

MalqtheProphet fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 7, 2011

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Anyone gotten an email from him?

Disco Dickdog
Nov 30, 2007

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Job Openings

Epic Systems

I applied on the site.

edit: email redacted

Disco Dickdog fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Sep 13, 2011

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Job Openings

Epic Wisconsin

I was raised in Wisconsin and would very much like to go back.

Email: schulz.ethan@gmail.com

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!

Matlock posted:

Anyone gotten an email from him?

Nope.

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Again, if EPIC doesn't want you, WE DO. I've gotten several goons interviews in the past, so don't be shy!

Our website: Link
Our list of openings: Link 2.0

Open positions in Washington DC, San Francisco, Chicago, Nashville, Austin, Ann Arbor, and London that run the gamut from research, sales, software engineering, marketing, consulting, software implementation, and more!

Again, my email is david.gaffin (at) gmail (dot) com. Put SomethingAwful or SA in the subject so I can keep track!

I AM JAMES FRANCO
Jul 23, 2008
If the original Epic guy doesn't email you guys till tomorrow, Shoot me an email at Judajudo AT Gmail DOT com. I will gladly recommend you guys for extra 1000 bucks for me :twisted:

e: gently caress it I want my Money! Emails sent.

remistus
Sep 3, 2003

pink elephants
Job Seeker

Education: B.A. Psychology from Emory University

Experience: 1.5 Years Compensation and Data Analysis, Business Analysis, Benefits Administration, and Project Management

Looking for: Associate or maybe entry-level analyst positions in Compensation/Benefits, Business Analysis, or Financial Analysis. Project Management would be cool too. Consulting-type jobs are preferred but I'm down with corporate HR work as well. I've got extensive excel experience and have developed proprietary metrics for my company for HR analysis-type stuff. I also have SQL/Access experience and can learn just about any piece of software you put in front of me really quickly.

Not looking for: Strict sales-type work, clerical work, data entry work.

Availability: I can start two weeks from accepting an offer if it's local. Might take a week or two more if I have to relocate.

Contact me: bpdaum AT gmail DOT com

remistus fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Sep 9, 2011

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

remistus posted:

Job Seeker

Education: B.A. Psychology from Emory University

Experience: 1.5 Years Compensation and Data Analysis, Business Analysis, Benefits Administration, and Project Management

Looking for: Associate or maybe entry-level analyst positions in Compensation/Benefits, Business Analysis, or Financial Analysis. Project Management would be cool too. Consulting-type jobs are preferred but I'm down with corporate HR work as well. I've got extensive excel experience and have developed proprietary metrics for my company for HR analysis-type stuff. I also have SQL/Access experience and can learn just about any piece of software you put in front of me really quickly.

Not looking for: Strict sales-type work, clerical work, data entry work.

Availability: I can start two weeks from accepting an offer if it's local. Might take a week or two more if I have to relocate.

Contact me: bpdaum AT gmail DOT com

Interested? https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/5992/job

My email is three posts up.

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!
Just contacted both PSUEDO JAMES FRANCO and bam thwok... Get at me, bros.

remistus
Sep 3, 2003

pink elephants

bam thwok posted:

Interested? https://corporate-advisory.icims.com/jobs/5992/job

My email is three posts up.

Yeah, sounds interesting. I'll be in contact with you soon.

chupacabron
Oct 30, 2004

Job Seeker

Location: Southern California, or the Bay Area (I'm willing to move)

Education: B.A. Philosophy from University of California Irvine

Experience: 1 year store level marketing, 3 years retail management, 2 years customer service and a bit of Wordpress

Looking for: Advertising or marketing jobs would be cool, like in an assistant copywriter's role. That's not meant to say I don't want jobs in other fields though. Anything clerical would agree with me.

Not looking for: Strict sales-type work, retail.

Availability: I can start within three days of an offer if you're in Southern California but if I relocated it would be at least a week to get a plane ticket and all that jazz.

Contact me: type.foster AT gmail DOT com

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
e: Got a job. thank god for that!

Nierbo fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Sep 15, 2011

stayp
Jun 9, 2007
Job Seeker

Education:: B.A. English at the University of Maryland with an interest in Rhetoric

Experience:: Two years building two service-oriented university programs from the ground up. Spearheaded branding, communications, public relations, marketing, advertising, and technical/creative writing. Two years with event planning and coordination for 1,500+ attendees as well.

Note: I enjoy solving all problems, logistical and creative. When I did these projects, what I loved most was doing research and finding the most efficient (work and cost related) ways of getting what we needed done. I am also great at presenting my findings and giving presentations as well. I'm big on not wasting time, especially others', so I keep a tight ship when it comes to group projects.

Looking for: Entry-level research or analyst positions, preferably media/sociology related. Anything related to this field. My experiences directly apply to Marketing/PR/Advertising endeavors, too.

Not looking for: Retail and sales.

Availability: Immediate!

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

stayp posted:

Job Seeker

Education:: B.A. English at the University of Maryland with an interest in Rhetoric

Experience:: Two years building two service-oriented university programs from the ground up. Spearheaded branding, communications, public relations, marketing, advertising, and technical/creative writing. Two years with event planning and coordination for 1,500+ attendees as well.

Note: I enjoy solving all problems, logistical and creative. When I did these projects, what I loved most was doing research and finding the most efficient (work and cost related) ways of getting what we needed done. I am also great at presenting my findings and giving presentations as well. I'm big on not wasting time, especially others', so I keep a tight ship when it comes to group projects.

Looking for: Entry-level research or analyst positions, preferably media/sociology related. Anything related to this field. My experiences directly apply to Marketing/PR/Advertising endeavors, too.

Not looking for: Retail and sales.

Based on your experience with student organizations, finding best practices, and presentation, I think you might be a good fit for this: Analyst, Higher Education Research

Based in DC, you'd be on a research team writing books on topics like this or custom research papers like this

Hit me up if you're interested; my email is a few posts up. They're pretty particular about who they hire, but I think you'd have an excellent shot.

Schoenoplectus
Mar 30, 2010
Job Seeker

Education:: B.S. in Botany at Kent State University Ohio; M.S. in Plant Biology at Ohio University

Experience:: Ten years experience as a field botanist, proficient at field data collection in remote settings. Fours years performing wetland delineation, riparian habitat assessments and regulatory permitting. Floristic surveys, endangered species surveys, invasive species management, teaching, and leading botanical hikes.

Looking for: Botanist, teaching, or GIS (with training) positions in the San Antonio area.

Note: I have limited GIS experience (mainly field data collection and basic map creation), but am greatly interested in training for more complex applications. I am dedicated and a fast learner, and have completed several volunteer projects such as floristic surveys and wetland assessments.

Not looking for: Retail, sales, or food prep.

Disco Dickdog
Nov 30, 2007

RoboTiio posted:

Just contacted both PSUEDO JAMES FRANCO and bam thwok... Get at me, bros.

So did I.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Job Seeker

Education:: B.F.A. in Communication Art and Design from the University of Louisville. Portfolio here: http://sjenningsdesign.com/

Experience:: Mostly in print with some Web. All of my experience has been hands-on. One 8 month long part-time internship in-house at a health care company, 1 year of part-time teaching digital media (I have a large list of technical skills), and will be completing a 6 month full-time in-house internship with the local public schools in November. I have also been freelancing for a global advertising agency. I know HTML, CSS, a little bit of JavaScript, and Wordpress CMS along with extensive experience with print production and large format printing. I also know some ActionScript 3, animation, After Effects, and Final Cut. Resume with full list of experience can be found here: http://sjenningsdesign.com/resume/

Looking for: Full-time salary junior graphic designer, junior Web designer, or junior interaction designer with benefits preferably in the Seattle, NYC, Chicago, or Louisville regions. Also willing to consider Austin, Atlanta, and Minneapolis. Big love for NPOs, public service, and socially conscious companies. Love advertising as well. My absolute dream job is working on interactive books and magazines.

Not looking for: I'm not wanting to do more in-house print, but willing to consider if I can get my hands dirty with some UX and Web design.

Availability: I am immediately available and willing to move if needed, but I would like to complete my internship just because I love my job and don't want to completely screw them over during the busy season. I have been told beginning of November is when I'll be let go, but my employers expect me to quit if I find permanent employment.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Sep 13, 2011

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
I can't promise anything because this is a buddy's company and not mine, but I saw a lot of SoCal goons looking for work and at the very least it's another place to send a resume:

Job Opening:IT Programmer

quote:

Summary:
We are seeking a Midlevel Software Engineer to participate in supporting and improving ongoing IT operations for homegrown Oracle PL/SQL application focusing mainly on Fulfillment and Print technology. Some software development will be required as well; the level of development versus support will depend on the skill level of the candidate. Good opportunity to move from the support role into a developer position.

General Duties:
-Build and oversee small scale independent IT projects for customized print production (“mailmerge” with more complex business rules). These operations occur outside of our core system and allow significant flexibility of technical approach so a solid knowledge of general computing is required.
-Essential support for daily business operations related to our systems, requires investigation into many different areas such as FTP servers, networking, bad data feeds, user errors, etc.
-Analyze existing Oracle PL/SQLbased programs and perform code fixes, program enhancements and maintenance
-Run systems manually (test files, reruns,etc.) for exception cases.
-Keep all system components operational
-Create printondemand templates (Crystal Reports, GMC PrintNet)
-Create technical documentation
-Provide support and assistance to team and other departments

Job Requirements
Qualification/ Requirements:
• 2+ yrs Oracle PL/SQL experience
• Highly proficient in RDBMS concepts and Oracle SQL
• Fair level of Oracle server DBA experience recommended with a preference for the Oracle 10g RDBMS
• Working knowledge of Quest SQL Navigator or Toad recommended
• Strong working knowledge of Crystal Reports required as most operations utilize reports, some of which can be fairly complex
• Ability to find technical solutions to difficult challenges through R&D
• Good organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Strong team player: must be able to work well in a team environment
• Ability to juggle several tasks at the same time

Education/Experience:
• BS in Computer Science or similar schooling highly recommended
• Candidate will be tested for technical ability

My buddy says that the degree isn't strictly necessary as long as you can do the work; he never went to school and he's a senior developer (just turned 23 too). If you're interested visit their website and submit a resume.

The Tragic Hero
Apr 8, 2006

Omnomnomnom
Job Seeker

Education: B.A., Economics and Geography (double) from UCLA

Experience: Lots of hussling and learning/executing immediately, namely in the realm of web development. I built http://neovella.com ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3411045 ) which is a collaborative writing and e-publishing platform. Strongest skillset is in HTML/CSS3 design and UI/UX via Javascript, but I'm also capable with Ruby on Rails for back-end and anything else you might want me to pick up a week or two before starting. As a part of neovella, I also handled marketing and editing, but ultimately project management was a very innate and intuitive skill for me. I have a professional history in sales service as well (intern to seasonal while in college). Jack of all trades, near-expert in any I get the nod for.

Looking for: FT or PT or contract work as a Front-end Engineer. I am also open to working in Project Management, Editing, or even Technical Writing.

Not looking for: Unpaid internships

Availability: Immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChadBroChill17
Sep 6, 2007
Plato, Heidegger, Aristotle, LOL
Sorry goons got swamped recently. Lots of you expressed some interest in Epic. I'll fire off some e-mails shortly!