Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Foley did sign off by saying "well I don't know how many more of these shows I will get to do ;)" or something, because WWE bans its staff from appearing on such shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I don't really have any interest in seeing Foley wrestle any more, but as either a GM or an announcer, I think he'd be invaluable.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I feel bad for anyone taking a break from F4W/WO because today's Bryan and Vinny show was awesome.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

MassRayPer posted:

I feel bad for anyone taking a break from F4W/WO because today's Bryan and Vinny show was awesome.

It was... something, I'll give you that. :stare: Never has horns.aiff been more appropriate.

I'm thinking I need to get in on the haiku action.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Finally got a chance to listen to Cliff Compton's Art of Wrestling interview. I was rolling at the match between Super Domino and Power Uti (especially the latter's comeback...)

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Hey MRP: did you make a post once that listed some of the better F4/WO interviews? I can't seem to find it.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Perigryn posted:

Finally got a chance to listen to Cliff Compton's Art of Wrestling interview. I was rolling at the match between Super Domino and Power Uti (especially the latter's comeback...)

And Power Jeff beget Power Uti, who beget Power Frank who beget Power Peter...

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
I don´t know where to put it, but this was in todays update and I laughed for a minute.

--Chuck Langerman's daily wrestling trivia. On July 17, 1994, when ECW still stood for Eastern Championship Wrestling, they held a card in Wildwood, NJ, with a Battle Royal where the winner would get to face Shane Douglas for the title. As a rib, Rockin Rebel (Chuck Williams) was told he was going to win the Battle Royal. Before the match started, Williams bragged to his girlfriend that he was going to win and get the title shot. The bell rang and you can guess what happened. Everyone else in the match swarmed on Williams and threw him over the top as he was screaming, "I'm supposed to go over."

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

lomzus posted:

I don´t know where to put it, but this was in todays update and I laughed for a minute.

--Chuck Langerman's daily wrestling trivia. On July 17, 1994, when ECW still stood for Eastern Championship Wrestling, they held a card in Wildwood, NJ, with a Battle Royal where the winner would get to face Shane Douglas for the title. As a rib, Rockin Rebel (Chuck Williams) was told he was going to win the Battle Royal. Before the match started, Williams bragged to his girlfriend that he was going to win and get the title shot. The bell rang and you can guess what happened. Everyone else in the match swarmed on Williams and threw him over the top as he was screaming, "I'm supposed to go over."

I can say with all honesty that I have never understood a word that the Rockin Rebel has said. The guy always sounded like he had a mouth full of marbles.

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

The mario sound was funny and i'll play it when granny dies.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

:siren: Dave made a joke!!

Bryan: let's review the TNA show. You know what I've forgotten the name of this show.

Dave: Wrestling Observer Radio.

Bryan: ...

Dave: I was kidding! :D

Bryan: Oh . . oh right! That's the best one you've had in months!!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
That was actually pretty funny from Dave. He just said it so deadpan.

Must be taking lessons from Lance.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Dave's terrorist impression :laffo:

"OH MY GOD THEY DID A WRESTLING SHOW ON THURSDAY, THEY SHOWED US"

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I liked that, usually it's Bryan going on a bit of a negative rant about dumb poo poo but Dave's whole "oh yeah, those terrorists sure got showed" was indeed awesome

I was reading the f4w board today and man the guy who posts WHAT! in the middle of every sentence is a massive loser

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 13, 2011

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

Dave was really good today

about the bodybuilding promo "someone probably heard that complaint recently so we got 9 minutes of poo poo"

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

ZoDiAC_ posted:

I was reading the f4w board today and man the guy who posts WHAT! in the middle of every sentence is a massive loser

One of many.

Real good show today, yeah.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Chris Masters on Figure Four Daily was pretty chill. The matches of his I saw lately were virtually a different guy in terms of quality from his old days

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Chris Masters on Figure Four Daily was pretty chill. The matches of his I saw lately were virtually a different guy in terms of quality from his old days

How did it compare to his interview on the Dr Keith show? I don't really want to listen to the same interview twice.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

I would say it's worth listening to, it's slightly different subject matter - he talks about the intensity of Kurt Angle, and Benoit (guess where this goes? Masters talks a little about the tribute show seeming "a little early"), meeting his idols like Shawn for the first time, and starting in UPW with Cena. Maybe my favourite bit is him talking about being Wellnessed in his first run, and how he was really naive about addiction. Also the troop who broke the Masterlock gets brought up as something WWE forgot about. Plus he complains about them making him do his pec-jiggling because he thought it got stupid and in the way of him being seen in a more favourable light. And they were beating a dead horse which is drat true.

Alvarez is a pretty good interviewer in it and I'm glad I listened to both interviews instead of just the one. They both covered slightly different ground and there wasn't as much repetition as you'd expect. Though there is some overlap.

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Sep 14, 2011

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I liked the line about being with Shawn and eventually Shawn let him call the matches. And Masters goes something like "But I still phrased everything as a question, because I'm not going to tell Shawn Michaels what to do..."

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
New Art of Wrestling is up, guest is Mike Quakenbush.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Haha I'm just starting to read the latest Observer: "TNA SPITTING GUNK IN PEOPLE’S FACES PPV POLL RESULTS"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Observer posted:

Kevin Nash claimed that he had no health problems and that he left WWE over money, although one close friend of his claimed Nash texted him and told him the release was just working the angle. Maybe it was just someone who snuck into his home and used his phone to text himself.

:allears:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

LordPants posted:

:allears:

Nash sent the text...TO HIMSELF!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

BizarroAzrael posted:

New Art of Wrestling is up, guest is Mike Quakenbush.

Really good podcast. Colt's turning into a good interviewer and the podcast really highlight some of the fallings Quack had as a wrestler and promoter. That aspect was interesting to hear. I totally remember Quack's articles from the PWI magazines.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Sep 16, 2011

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost
If anyone wanted to check out some of the funniest stuff I think we've done in a while on Smart Wrestling Fan, someone's uploaded audio of us reading an awful fan fiction story about the Boogeyman to YouTube. Chapter 1 can be found here. I'm the funnily accented one!

A BALLIN LUNCH!!
Mar 13, 2007

dshban posted:

If anyone wanted to check out some of the funniest stuff I think we've done in a while on Smart Wrestling Fan, someone's uploaded audio of us reading an awful fan fiction story about the Boogeyman to YouTube. Chapter 1 can be found here. I'm the funnily accented one!

One thing about your podcast: stop with the stupid nickname poo poo. It wastes a lot of time, is not funny and your podcast is very long already. Just my opinion! I'd rather hear the teddy long tagteam clip

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

A BALLIN LUNCH!! posted:

One thing about your podcast: stop with the stupid nickname poo poo. It wastes a lot of time, is not funny and your podcast is very long already. Just my opinion! I'd rather hear the teddy long tagteam clip

You mean us giving other people nicknames? I'm totally with you, I told everyone to stop that last week.

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
Saddest B&V show ever :(

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Space Cob posted:

Saddest B&V show ever :(

:smith:

Yeah that was pretty brutal.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Was it just because of the Sting/Flair match?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

More or less. They sort of review the match, conclude it won't be Flair's last despite him not being able to do virtually any spots and loving his arm up, and go "gently caress this" and stop the show out the blue

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Also the show starts off with talking about Granny's eventual death.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
Yeah, between Granny planing her own memorial, the review of a match where we saw a legend dying before our eyes and the abrupt ending, the show was a bit jarring. I liked it, though, for being something different. The ending especially, I thought was fitting and an inspired decision. There was nothing more to say, no song they could have played would have been appropriate, so they just stopped. I wish Flair would do the same.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
The way people act about Flair is just hilarious to me.

Even as a pre-teen watching WCW you knew that Flair was never going to stop. All the jokes we made about Terry Funk back then we knew we'd make about Ric Flair. I can't believe even in this day and age, people thought Flair would just happily accept retirement after a Wrestlemania send off. How the gently caress does the WWE mean more to Ric Flair than wrestling means to Ric Flair? It would never. No pomp and circumstance would ever stop Flair from wrestling. It's all he knows. It's all he cares about. Call it a disease if you want, but it's what he's got and thinking that the Undertaker doing a little post-show send off will keep Flair from wrestling you're loving stupid.

Ric Flair might be sad, but the way people act about him is worse. At least Flair knows who he is.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Does Flair know he's Randy The Ram Robinson only sadder?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lone Rogue posted:

Call it a disease if you want, but it's what he's got and thinking that the Undertaker doing a little post-show send off will keep Flair from wrestling you're loving stupid.

Not really. Putting your body through agony and pain to achieve poor results just because you can't accept you no longer have the physical condition you had in your earlier years? That's loving stupid.

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Lone Rogue posted:

Ric Flair might be sad, but the way people act about him is worse. At least Flair knows who he is.

No, he really doesn't. Flair thinks he's the man he was 20 years ago. The thing is, up until recently, if you worked hard to suspend disbelief and didn't look too closely, you could almost believe he was. What happened this week on Impact made it abundantly clear that that is no longer the case.

How can people wishing that Flair holds on to what's left of his health (not to mention his dignity) be in any conceivable way sadder than Flair himself being compelled (be it by his financial circumstances, or by his poor decision making, or by his love of the business, or what have you) to go on long after he should have stopped?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Ric Flair is basically like Wyle E Coyote running off a cliff. For a short while after the edge of the cliff, the lack of ground beneath his feet doesn't affect his motion. Then, the inertia runs out and he plummets.

Except, in Flair's case, he just keeps running like the ground it still there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Borh posted:

How can people wishing that Flair holds on to what's left of his health (not to mention his dignity) be in any conceivable way sadder than Flair himself being compelled (be it by his financial circumstances, or by his poor decision making, or by his love of the business, or what have you) to go on long after he should have stopped?

Flair should have stopped 15 years ago but he didn't.

Everyone who had any idea of who Flair is knew he wouldn't stop. WWE were so conceited they thought they could stop the guy with a useless ceremony and a match with Shawn Michaels.

Ric Flair has been making poor decisions for pro wrestling for longer than most of us have lived. You don't stop that. You watch it burn out.

• Locked thread