Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh
I already hosed up the grille delete finish so its pretty much going in the trash. Already tore my hands to poo poo going off the advice of people who say "oh yeah just remove the headlights and its easy!", so im going the easy american muscle route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
you shouldn't have to do anything with the bumper or lights.
un-pop the two holes on top, place the grill delete, put the two pins back in place. thats it.

um those two screws that hold the grill delete in place? you know those are push pins right? you stick a small screwdriver under them and pry them out, they do not screw out.

kalvick fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Sep 7, 2011

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

kalvick posted:

you shouldn't have to do anything with the bumper or lights.
un-pop the two holes on top, place the grill delete, put the two pins back in place. thats it.

um those two screws that hold the grill delete in place? you know those are push pins right? you stick a small screwdriver under them and pry them out, they do not screw out.

You realize the ford part is completely different

heres what it looks like, sans the nylon washer
http://members.cox.net/red9r/Installations/Grill%20Files/Spacer.jpg

http://members.cox.net/red9r/Installations/Mach%201%20Grill.htm

this page is what i was following that makes it seem like all you need to do is take the headlights off.

I didnt know this before i bought the ford part that you basically have to install it with the bumper off, otherwise i would have just bought the american muscle one (only reason i bought the official ford parts is they were $15 or $20 cheaper for the emblem and the lip)

Its hilarious reading all these forums where people are like "wow it was a bitch to take the 4 under lip bolts out!", yeah, they have no loving idea how lucky they are they managed to buy the american muscle one and not the official ford one. Taking the bolts out is nothing compared to reinstalling them

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 8, 2011

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
dang Im sorry dude, cant you just shave the notches of the bottom with a dremmel?

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

kalvick posted:

dang Im sorry dude, cant you just shave the notches of the bottom with a dremmel?

The notches arent the problem, the problem is keeping the whole thing in contact with the bumper. As soon as you put the plastic push pin screws in the whole U shape just stretches outwards and you have this piece of black plastic just sort of floating over your bumper, it looks like poo poo. You have to put the 4 bolts back in for it to keep contact. Double stick tape doesnt work unless you leave the push pins out (which i did.... looked awful). Basically like i said, it shouldnt even be sold without a huge disclaimer from companies that it has to be installed with the bumper off.

coolskillrex remix fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Sep 8, 2011

H3LLC4T
Jul 18, 2011

by I Ozma Myself
New movie "Drive" attempting to place itself as another iconic film with a bare-knuckle Mustang car chase scene:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44491456/ns/today-entertainment/t/take-drive-back-time-through-great-car-movies/

The Rottentomato score of 95% will probably go down after the movie debuts, but as another article mentioned it's supposedly "Pulp Fiction meets Ronin".

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

H3LLC4T posted:

New movie "Drive" attempting to place itself as another iconic film with a bare-knuckle Mustang car chase scene:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44491456/ns/today-entertainment/t/take-drive-back-time-through-great-car-movies/

The Rottentomato score of 95% will probably go down after the movie debuts, but as another article mentioned it's supposedly "Pulp Fiction meets Ronin".

The movie won a bunch of awards at Cannes and it's been getting tons of good reviews from some pretty big venues.

Personally I knew I was going to see it when I saw my car was featured. I might even be tempted to catch a midnight show tonight.

H3LLC4T
Jul 18, 2011

by I Ozma Myself

kronix posted:

The movie won a bunch of awards at Cannes and it's been getting tons of good reviews from some pretty big venues.

Personally I knew I was going to see it when I saw my car was featured. I might even be tempted to catch a midnight show tonight.

I wonder how many new Mustang drivers will come out of the theater like some Italian guy after watching Rocky and crash the poo poo out of their car and end up with a box of Ju Ju Fruits up their rear end from the new insurance premiums.

Movie does look awesome though. And Mustangs are the best at pulling off harrowing, street-fighter style car chases.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

H3LLC4T posted:

crash the poo poo out of their car and end up with a box of Ju Ju Fruits up their rear end from the new insurance premiums.

What does this even mean?

H3LLC4T
Jul 18, 2011

by I Ozma Myself

Dick Burglar posted:

What does this even mean?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fp67geuhJM

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

H3LLC4T posted:

Movie has an automatic 5.0

WHYY

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

coolskillrex remix posted:

WHYY

They wanted to use the configuration that's faster on both the drag strip and road course?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Watch on Sunday, buy on Monday.

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

frozenphil posted:

They wanted to use the configuration that's faster on both the drag strip and road course?

Oh is that why most women buy automatics? :smug:

Muffinpox
Sep 7, 2004

WHYY

They wanted to wreck cars no one cares about.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Oh is that why most women buy automatics? :smug:

Yes. They aren't concerned with impressing nerds on the net by purchasing the inferior option.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I can see the advantage of both the auto and the manual. I bought the manual, and even though it might be marginally slower, I don't mind because I don't plan to actually race it. The manual is, I think, more fun to drive for those of us who don't have stop-and-go commutes, and don't need the extra fractions of a second that the automatic transmission might get us.

I really, really don't understand why Ford didn't put paddle shifters on the auto, though.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I saw a really nice last gen GT in Sonic Blue last night. I couldn't tell if it'd been lowered or not. Can anyone help me find a profile shot for comparison? I've poked around a bit and haven't found anything that is terribly high res.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

What are you calling last gen? '05-'09?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

frozenphil posted:

What are you calling last gen? '05-'09?

Yeah, sorry, the older shaped SN-197s.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

kimbo305 posted:

Yeah, sorry, the older shaped SN-197s.

You wanting stock?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

frozenphil posted:

You wanting stock?

Hmmm, maybe it was the model of tire, or the bigger wheel, but the tires seemed to poke out more. The front ride height is the same as what I saw, and the rear looks a bit higher. Man that GT looked good.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.
Any opinions on the GT verse the Boss? Also, why doesn't the Boss have leather seats?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

HiddenReplaced posted:

Any opinions on the GT verse the Boss? Also, why doesn't the Boss have leather seats?

Don't get the Boss if you're not gonna track the car at least some times, as none of the upgrades will be worth it on the street. Leather is a bit slipperier -- both the seat options in the Boss will hold you better for hard driving.

I saw a badass blue one with white striping today.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

HiddenReplaced posted:

Not to be trite, but if you have to ask this question the answer is GT.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

HiddenReplaced posted:

Because racecar.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

HiddenReplaced posted:

If leather seats are important to you, you probably want a GT.

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

A.o.D. posted:

Because racecar.

I like your answer the best. Thanks!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

HiddenReplaced posted:

I like your answer the best. Thanks!

Are you gonna track it or will you just be replacing the 2010 V6 you were thinking of switching out of earlier?

HiddenReplaced
Apr 21, 2007

Yeah...
it's wanking time.

kimbo305 posted:

Are you gonna track it or will you just be replacing the 2010 V6 you were thinking of switching out of earlier?

Just replacing my 2010. I wouldn't get the Boss just because the paint job is a bit too flashy for me. I was just curious as to the actual quantifiable differences that make it worth the extra money.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

HiddenReplaced posted:

Just replacing my 2010. I wouldn't get the Boss just because the paint job is a bit too flashy for me. I was just curious as to the actual quantifiable differences that make it worth the extra money.

Better engine, ECU, suspension, and interior; it's a factory race car made tolerable for the street that outperforms cars that cost twice as much.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

frozenphil posted:

Better engine, ECU, suspension, and interior; it's a factory race car made tolerable for the street that outperforms cars that cost twice as much.

So it's a Corvette then? :v:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Fucknag posted:

So it's a Corvette then? :v:

Nah, it can also seat 4, unless you want to go whole hog on the Laguna Seca.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
I think the more justifiable question is.... should you get the Shelby Cobra or Boss 302?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
All performance stuff completely aside, the Boss sounds about 100 times better than the Shelby does, unless you have a serious hard on for supercharger whine I guess.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
Supercharger whine + aggressive cams + deep exhaust note, does it for me.
but for some reason though I like the specs of the boss better. Perhaps if I ever get a boss, I will throw a supercharger on it!

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

kalvick posted:

Supercharger whine + aggressive cams + deep exhaust note, does it for me.
but for some reason though I like the specs of the boss better. Perhaps if I ever get a boss, I will throw a supercharger on it!

If I were going to buy a special trim level Mustang it'd definitely be the GT500. I love the Boss I just can't get over how it looks. That said they're different beasts. The GT500 is a boulevard cruiser that will lay down massive power on demand. The Boss is a track animal. I'm more cruiser than boy racer so that makes the difference.

Who am I kidding I'm a sucker for supercharger whine and snake badges and have been ever since the terminator mustangs hit the street almost 10 years ago.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Superchargers are where it's at!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Got my VIN and build week, October 10th. Should get a build date next week! I'm getting very excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
Jesus, my '03 decided that now that I have a job it would be a good time to start being randomly bitchy.

Check fuel cap and Service Engine light came on. Code was for a gross evaporation leak. Leak was from a GOD drat SQUIRREL CHEWING A QUARTER SIZED HOLE in the evap line. It was near the end and there was a lot of slack, so we snipped off the holed section and reattached. Still throwing the same code, so I'm guessing the little bastard had a second meal that I didn't noticed. I bet there's a squirrel in my yard that's really fuckin' high from sniffing gas fumes.

Also discovered my windshield was leaking coming back from my first day on the job in the good old-fashioned way: At 65 mph in the middle of a downpour, wondering where the gently caress that drip on my hand was coming from.

And finally the driver-side wiper blade currently installed is lovely and tries to make a break for it after 2-3 minutes of use. Centripetal force keeps it on, but it vibrates from not being secured properly. At least that one is an easy fix (need new blades anyway).

Edit: Completely forgot that the radiator fan is rattling, too.

Now I'm debating whether to save up and go straight for a new GT, or to buy an LS2 GTO sometime sooner and get the GT later, just to get rid of this one sooner.

ApathyGifted fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Sep 25, 2011