Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Chad, toss me one as well.

Job Seeker

Does not matter, willing to relocate anywhere

Education: B.A. In Philosophy, Miami University (Ohio)

Experience: 4 Years in a batch food environment.

Looking For: Something outside of hospitality unless it is management, enjoy sales or anything interpersonal. Research or working outdoors is also fun. Full time

Not Looking For: Part time, manual labor (to an extent) or internships

Submarine Sandpaper fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Sep 16, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatchcent
Oct 6, 2005

She lives a good life.
I have done walk-ins, craigslist, monster.com, applied online and temp agencies with little success. Had some callbacks, but never heard from them after that.

Job Seeker

Currently in Palo Alto, California. Can take anything in the Bay Area.

Education: Some College? Technically completed a BA in Archaeology but my University is holding it hostage until I pay off what I owe in tuition and finish off two classes I had no idea that I need to finish (no wonder a lot of my classmates didn't finish or just transfer). Thanks to that, I lost the previous job offer. :(

Experience: About 2 years of work study as a Laboratory Assistant and a month of contract work as Field Archaeologist. I'm more of a hands on person, quick learner and can work independently with little supervision. I was also involved with a Student Organization for at least 2 years. First year, I was a volunteer just helping out with supplies and errands. In the second half of the semester, I was a Secretary recording minutes, memos, and turned in a copy at the end of the day. Shortly after that, I became elected Vice President of Event Coordination and worked on recording events, planning events with some budgeting involved, contacting clients for transportation and supplies, and oversee the student volunteers on setting up for a major event. I managed to do it in a short time which is the first time my Student Organization has done in years.

I also participated in Undergraduate Conferences at a national level and within my University for my Thesis paper. I also studied abroad in Spain for my research, and was awarded an undergraduate grant for it. I also did odd jobs such as Hostess, and Front Desk assistant, but they were for a short time since I was mainly focusing on my studies. I am very familiar with using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Access, and some work with One Note and Publisher.

I am bilingual in Spanish and English with fluency, and can read and write in both languages. I took two years of German in my University but now I am rusty speaking it, but I can still do some reading and writing.

Looking For: Something better than retail and sales. I am open to any clerical work or anything that matches my experience.

Not Looking For: Manual labor, server or internships

Availability: Immediately

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010
EDIT: Removed info, completely out of date

homewrecker fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jun 9, 2021

Sharkface
Apr 20, 2002
I work in the San Francisco office of Grant Thornton, a large accounting firm. Our managing partner just sent out an email today looking for the following positions:

Audit - Sr. Associate
IT Audit - Sr. Associate
Internal Audit Consulting - Sr. Associate and Sr. Manager
Tax - Paraprofessional
Tax - Sr. Associate
Tax - Manager (3 positions available)
Valuation - Associate and Sr. Associate
HR Generalist
M&A Transactions Consulting - Manager
Transfer Pricing - Sr. Associate

Associate = <2 years experience
Sr. Associate = 2-5 years experience
Manager = 5-8 years experience
Sr. Manager = 8 years + sales experience

If you want to see job postings for these positions, let me know in which one in a private message.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
It's recruitment season for the program I am in, and I am the fall recruitment lead this year.

Program Overview: The Bank Information Technology Leadership Program (ITLP) is designed to develop the technical aptitude, business skills, and leadership abilities of entry-level Information Technology professionals to meet the Bank's future IT leadership needs.

Program Rotation:ITLP participants rotate every six months over a two-year period to gain exposure to different areas of IT while acquiring the knowledge and experience required for assuming a challenging IT position of impact within the organization. During each rotation, ITLPs perform a variety of assigned duties and projects within their department and become familiar with the technologies and roles specific to their area. ITLP participants will have the opportunity to experience the following roles during their rotations: Project Manager, Business Analyst, Technical and Quality
Assurance.

Program Criteria:Qualified ITLP candidates must have a strong academic record (targeted minimum 3.0 GPA), an aptitude and interest
in information technology, and an interest in pursuing a career in IT. A bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems is preferred, although a business degree or other related experience may be applicable. Solid candidates should have relevant internship and/or work experience, strong written and verbal communication skills, and have initiative and leadership potential.

This position is highly recruited and it is pretty hard to get into. We are recruiting now for positions starting next June. We are targeting seniors who will be graduating next year. We also have some intern positions open for the same program but it is just over the summer.

The program is based out of Cincinnati Ohio and is similar to GE's IMLP program. If you are interested please PM me on here or post in the thread with your email address.

IF you have any questions let me know!

Wevel
Aug 22, 2006
Job Seeker

Education: B.B.A. In Accounting, Marywood University. Currently going for an MBA at Drexel University.

Experience: None, yet. Passed all 4 parts of the CPA exam in Pennsylvania.

Looking For: Entry level Accounting or Auditing work

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Job Seeker

Education: B.A. in Classical Civilizations, B.A. in English (so organization and communication are strengths) from UC Berkeley

Experience: Three years' worth of administrative assistance; past two years in healthcare, roles requiring data entry, customer service, staff coordination, attention to detail

Looking for: Anything full-time. Looking for an industry switch.

Availability: Two weeks.

Contact me at: benjaminsmithgb at gmail dot com

Life Is War
Jun 20, 2006

Shark Fiesta!
Job Seeker

Education: B.S. in Management (finance concentration) from Georgia Tech.

Experience: 7 years of retail management, experience with purchasing, invoicing, HR, and most administrative aspects/tasks.

Looking for: Anything that can break me into HR/compensation. Working my way towards CCP certification.

Contact me at: john dot r dot donovan1982 at gmail dot com

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score

Tank44 fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Oct 21, 2011

Backtalk
Jan 5, 2005
Wait... What?
Job Seeker

Location: Boise, ID. Willing to relocate for the right position.

Education: BFA with a Graphic Design emphasis

Experience: 6 years working professionally, longer freelancing. Most of my work has been print, but I have web experience as well. I have done brand and project management. Online portfolio available on request.

Looking for: Anything full-time. I would be fine with a position where design is secondary (office assistant, etc.).

Skills: Adobe CS5 and Office suites on Mac or Win. Familiar with web stuff and Flash but I'd probably need a refresher. Have done photography and photo/video editing, though not professionally.

Contact me at: PM or SA.Backtalk at gmail

e: wrong "p" word.

Backtalk fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 30, 2011

On Terra Firma
Feb 12, 2008

So, this is going to look pretty milquetoast at first, but read on for a bit of a surprise. :)

Job Seeker

Education: BA in History.

Experience: Other than what I did in School, I have no professional experience within my major. I've waited tables in a fine dining environment and have great customer service skills. I've worked at Lemaire at the Jefferson Hotel, and at the Country Club of Virginia. I have two years working security through my university and have handled some pretty intense situations during my time, but there isn't much else I can say about it. I saved a girls life once, so I suppose that counts for something.

Skills: Okay, here is where it gets interesting. I've been riding BMX at a professional level for around 4-5 years now. I have tutored hundreds directly over message boards, over Skype, the phone, in person, and through email. The articles and posts I've written about BMX have reached and helped thousands. If you don't know how difficult it is to describe freestyle BMX over the internet to someone thousands of miles away let me tell you: it's really hard. It's also made me an excellent communicator.

I've been featured in interviews on regional TV programs, such as The Virginia Current, as well as in various international magazines such as Lovebmx.

I have two years experience in Television and Video production through a technical school I attended during high school. I'm versed in Adobe Premier and a bit of Avid Xpress DV which is what we used when I was still in school.

I was part of a team of developers for a game called Warsow, which is based around the IDtech3 and QFusion engines (Quake 3 plus Quake 2 plus Doom 3 is a good way of describing it). I did 3d environment design with GTKRadiant, and texture design with Photoshop. I also wrote scripting for the game textures, although I do not have a comprehensive background in programming the engine.

I'm currently schooling myself in Python 2.7, Javascript, HTML, and CSS. All of that is pretty rudimentary, but it's still not something I'd be comfortable to put on a resume.

Looking for: Something along the lines of an entry level analyst position in the field of marketing (which ironically enough was the major I had going into VCU). I would be willing to take an internship, full or part time. I graduated in the spring and haven't turned up anything so far, so I'm starting to get desperate at this point. On paper I don't have the educational background to really make an impact on most recruiters, but they all seem to take interest in all of my "hobbies" even though they haven't the faintest idea of what to do with any of them.

If anyone has any recommendations on how I could possibly go about selling myself with this weird background I'm really all ears. :)

I can be contacted at sportinlife at gmail.com

On Terra Firma fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 30, 2011

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Don't know how many electrical engineers we have out here, but we are in need of an electrical guy.

http://www.cargill.com/careers/search-apply/experienced-professionals/north-america/index.jsp

Search job number AVE00144:

Duties
50% Capital and Expense projects: projects completed in a timely manner, within budget and perform at or above expectations. New equipment selection and purchase, replacing outdated electronic components or hardware, hoist/conveyor control upgrades, power distribution upgrades, planning electrical needs and usage for the future increase of the mine, and reducing energy consumption.

20% Short and long term planning: accurate short and long term plans are developed and communicated. These plans should anticipate roadblocks, financial requirements and personnel needs.
Planning around the electrical needs of surface plant or in the mine.
Conduct studies on power needs and usage, efficiencies and potential efficiency improvements to conserve energy consumption.
Involved in equipment selection, upgrades or rebuilds/replacement.
Evaluation of the electrical infrastructure, such as power cables, transformers and capacitors, to ensure proper maintenance and efficient operation.
Facilitate the planning for electrical needs and locations of infrastructure to support mining efforts.
Types of equipment to purchase or placement of infrastructure to support mining, maintenance or repair work on critical electrical components, projects for installation of new equipment (who, what, where), improvement projects to reduce energy consumption or increase reliability.

15% Technical support: provide technical support to the operation in the engineer's area of expertise in order to minimize potential downtime, improve safety, solve problems and help ensure effective decisions are made

15% Continuous Improvement: stay current in area of expertise in order to promote new technologies. Utilize continuous improvement tools to reduce costs and increase efficiencies

May travel up to 15% at times.

Qualifications

Required:
B.S. in Engineering.
Minimum of 3+ years engineering experience in heavy industrial setting.
Ability to work rotating shift schedule.
Design, repair, and troubleshooting of high voltage (4160v) equipment/systems, PLC, communication, and control system.
Must have sound judgment, good communication skills and the ability to work with peers and subordinates.
Ability to travel up to 15%

I don't think the 3+ years experience is hard and fast. Shift work shouldn't be too common (Actually, I'm surprised that's in there at all).

Competitive pay, good benefits, 40 hour work week, ability to get down and dirty and work in a neat environment you don't hear many people experience.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Job Seeker

Location I would prefer Denver Metro or Northern Colorado, but I would be ok with pretty much any major Metropolitan area in the United States.

Education lots of undergrad work at a couple different schools, no degree yet. Navy Advanced Electronics and Phased Array Radar Schools.

Experience Almost 6 years of experience as a radar tech in the U.S. Navy, Phased Array Radar to be exact.
I spend between 40 and 60 hours a week performing preventative and corrective maintenance. I can use just about any type of test equipment, network analyzers, o-scopes, voltmeters, diagnostic software, etc...
I regularly troubleshoot down to the component level, I can solder, but I don't have a Micro/Miniature cert.
Lots of time (2000+ hours) spent working on hydraulic pumps and heat exchangers.

I have been serving as (the Navy equivalent of) a front line supervisor for the last 2 years as well, scheduling 40 hours of maintenance a week for 6 personnel, tracking faults and repairs, working with DOD civilians and contractors. In the last few months I have been doing a lot of radar performance analysis and data collection.

On top of this I have also been training 4 junior personnel on the maintenance and operation of my radar system.

What this means to a potential employer is that I can fix pretty much anything with electricity or water running through it, I can accurately document how I fixed it, and I am capable of training others on how to fix things.

Prior to the Navy I did a lot of commissioned sales (apartment leasing, new and used cars).

Skills Navy METCAL calibration technician. I am responsible for maintaining the calibration of about 200 different gauges and switches, pneumatic, hydraulic, pressure and temperature.

Looking for Pretty much anything. I would like to get in as a Field Service Tech somewhere, I don't mind travel, and I don't have any problem with working 40+ or odd shifts. I also have full GI BILL benefits that I am more than happy to use to make myself a better employee.

Availability Late November or early December.

Realistically I am not expecting much and my biggest obstacle right now is that I am deployed, job hunting is just about impossible, I have had my resume out on the usual suspects for the last couple months, and I have been working with a few recruiters, but there isn't much I can do even if somebody were to try to follow up with me. If anybody knows of any good leads they could throw my way it would be very appreciated.

I can be reached by PM if somebody actually wanted to see my resume.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

bam thwok posted:

Again, if EPIC doesn't want you, WE DO. I've gotten several goons interviews in the past, so don't be shy!

Our website: Link
Our list of openings: Link 2.0

Open positions in Washington DC, San Francisco, Chicago, Nashville, Austin, Ann Arbor, and London that run the gamut from research, sales, software engineering, marketing, consulting, software implementation, and more!

Again, my email is david.gaffin (at) gmail (dot) com. Put SomethingAwful or SA in the subject so I can keep track!

I'm emailing you about this.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

(employed)

Stealth Tiger fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 14, 2011

Zaftig
Jan 21, 2008

It's infectious
Edited out since I now have a career. Hooray!

Zaftig fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jun 30, 2012

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
Job postings from Berry PLastics

Atlanta, GA

Production Manager

Bristol, RI

Coating Line Operator - 3rd Shift

Calhoun, GA

MAINTENANCE MANAGER

Cranbury, NJ

Production Supervisor C Shift

Evansville (HQ), IN

Mold Designer

Kent, WA

Process Engineer

Woodstock, IL
PLC Technician

If interested you can apply on their website

joebuddah fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Oct 10, 2011

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Job Seeker

Location: Thomasville, NC. Can commute to anywhere within the Piedmont Triad (High Point, Greensboro, Winston-Salem).

Education: Bachelor's in Literature Communication & Culture from Georgia Tech (essentially English degree) and Associate's of Applied Science in Accounting

Experience: Limited experience in data entry and in an accounting office, as well as editing experience.

Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), Dreamweaver, Fireworks, writing/editing

Looking for: An entry level position. Would very much prefer a full-time permanent position, but anything with full-time hours would be great at this point. Room for improvement preferred but not necessarily a requirement. Salary is negotiable.

Availability: Immediately

Contact me at: cvagts at gmail dot com, preferably with "Something Awful" in the title

Exxtreme
Sep 15, 2002

Bah! You call that extreme! More like my grandma on a Sunday stroll.
If any IT Goons are looking for work I might be able to help. I worked IT for quite a while and have recently become an IT recruiter (Headhunter) and have positions all over the US, although most of them are located in Texas. Send me a PM if you need a job, here's some of the stuff I have open right now:

Entry level Java Developer
Entry level IT security Analyst
Java Developer
Java Architect
Cognos / TM1 Developer
Peoplesoft Developer
IT Support Specialist
Director of IT
Linux Administrator

These positions are located in San Antonio, Tx. / New York, Ny. / Washington D.C. / Houston, Tx.

I have new ones popping up all the time but if you're flexible with relocation it will really open up the opportunities for you.

Also, here's a couple of quick tips that I've actually had to coach some people on when applying for jobs: DON'T ever use fancy fonts on your resume and please keep the resume to 1 to 2 pages in length.

monoptic
Apr 8, 2004

MAGNICIFENT!
Throwing this one out just in case - I've had some good luck with goon referrals thus far, with an onsite interview at Epic this week (even if that one in particular is a long shot).

Job Seeker:

Education: BA in Communication, with a focus on Writing/Editing, some video editing work (very rusty).

Experience: Mostly customer-service focused, with a lot of work in local call centers up to a management level. I'm not interested in more call center work, however. I've also worked as a freelance trumpet player and instructor for kids in my area for over 12 years.

Skills: Very comfortable with all of MS Office, some Dreamweaver and basic HTML, a bit of Photoshop, along with writing/editing experience and some video production work. I also have some data analysis, research, and Quality Assurance experience from my previous position (QA Analyst). I have some experience with the workforce allocation software at my previous position, along with the agent tracking database that I helped maintain. I'm good with software, and a quick study with any suite you need me to learn. I'm a tech-head at heart, building and tearing down PC's and new gadgets. I'm also good with public speaking, training, customer service soft skills, and general office work.

Looking for: Anything that meshes well with my skillset, entry level or otherwise. I have no qualms about travel or long hours, and I can relocate to anywhere required. I just want to get my foot in the door and get my career going. I suppose my focus is on consulting, project management, digital media, writing/editing, and the like.

Availability: Immediately.

monoptic fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Oct 16, 2011

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Job Openings

Epic Systems, located in Verona, Wisconsin, has been on a hiring binge ever since the Stimulus bill. Epic is one of the biggest, and definitely the highest-rated producer of electronic health record software. Some of the positions require an IT background, but others are open to any type of degree. I was able to get on as a project manager/implementation consultant and both of my degrees are liberal arts.

Epic is a really crazy place. Google the company and see if you can find some pictures of the campus. It's like Disney World. You will work long weeks (55-60 is not uncommon the week or two before a go-live), but you are compensated well (Project Managers start off at 62k and lots of opportunity for bonuses). Project managers can expect to travel 50% of the time. You do, however, get bonuses once you hit a number of trips per year. Tech services, QA, and other positions will require much less travel.

The interviewing process is extensive. They get thousands of applications every month and they make sure they get a very particular type of person. Your academic record must be strong. You need to be energetic and assertive, or at least pretend that you are. They also make you take a number of tests that resemble the SAT/GREs, and they are weighed heavily in their hiring decisions. No drug test though!

If they like you enough they will pay for you to fly out to Madison and come interview on-site. They pay for the cabs, hotel, food, everything. They don't skimp either - the hotel they put me up in as well as the restaurant we had dinner at were both very nice. So at the very least you can probably get a free vacation out of Epic. They don't really care about money so they still cut a lot of applicants from the pool at this stage, despite paying hundreds for them to come out and interview. During the on-site visit you will have to take some tests, do a couple interviews, and give a 10 minute presentation on a topic of your choosing.

If you make it past that stage then welcome aboard! Epic definitely prefers young people with little work experience (They don't want to retrain you). You have to seem like you are moldable. If this doesn't sound too bad and you enjoy constant travel, follow the link below and explore the various opportunities at Epic. If anyone plans on applying just leave your e-mail and I will get in touch with you. If you get hired I get a nice bonus. :)

http://careers.epic.com/positions.php

EDIT: Forgot one of the most important parts. While Epic offers fantastic pay for an entry-level position, the training that you receive while there is worth much more to health systems and consultants. You will have a 1 year non-compete when you leave Epic, but your first gig after the grace period is guaranteed to bring you well over 100k/yr. As soon as you finish certifications you will start to get headhunted on LinkedIn and other similar websites.

EDIT2: I also think it's worth mentioning that Epic is extremely picky in who they pick. There are thousands of applications received every month, so they have the luxury to turn down almost everyone who applies. They place heavy emphasis on things like GPA (I'm not sure what the minimum is because they change it and I'm not in HR, but I hear around 3.3 is probably the lowest. I had a 3.4 in undergrad and 3.8 in grad school) and test scores. If you did not do well in college, bombed your standardized testing, or have zero internship/work experience, you probably have no shot at getting the job. Not trying to discourage anyone from applying, but I also don't want goons wasting their time needlessly.

Can you shoot me an e-mail? Hello at sjenningsdesign.com

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Garmin is hiring again! I'm working there as a programmer right now and the working conditions are great. One-two people in an office, and they are offices with doors and everything. Most people only work 40hrs a week except during crunch time, and I've had managers tell me not to work too much overtime. Yes, I'm salaried.

We're looking for several positions right now, but I'm only providing references for the two jobs I have experience with. Both of these jobs are in the main HQ in Olathe, KS. If you're interested pm me your resume or post your email and I'll give you a reference which will fast-track you. If you work out I get a bonus and will probably be lucky enough to be working with you. Some of our more recent GPS units pull down a lot of data from the cloud, so if that's something you're interested in, definitely mention it in your app.

Software Engineer (job number 110005X, enter this number to find the full job description)
Develop software for Garmin products in a team-oriented environment.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Develop software in C, C++, C#, Java, assembly language, or other selected languages for Garmin products in accordance with Garmin's software development methodology
• Perform new product software design and development as well as maintenance activities for products already in production.
• Test software using debuggers, emulators, simulators, and/or logic analyzers
• Perform software releases and software quality assurance activities

OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review product information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
• Participate in product definition activities including feature analysis and system tradeoffs
• Perform other duties as necessary
There's also a senior engineer version if you have several years experience.

User Experience Developer (job number 11000GO, enter this number to find the full job description)
The User Experience (UX) Developer is someone who is extremely proficient where presentation layer development & lightweight prototyping is concerned, but also has a firm understanding of how to design / develop user interfaces (UI's) in a way that results in the highest possible degree of usability. The UX developer has an interest in understanding online user behaviors towards designing / developing simple, efficient, eloquent, & intuitive UI's that meet Garmin business objectives and provide a superior UX for Garmin's online customers.

ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
• Works directly with cross-functional teams of business stakeholders, analysts, architects, developers, web/graphic designers, and copywriters to design, develop, and implement innovative & cutting-edge UI's for Garmin's Internet applications.
• Defines interactive UX prototypes that illustrate & document the optimal online experience and are employed to facilitate the user testing process.
• Defines & documents presentation layer specifications for Internet projects and online standards.
• Researches the latest presentation layer technologies, UX concepts & best practices, online trends and provides recommendations back to management, the UX team, & the Architecture team for consideration.

OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned

LLSix fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Oct 19, 2011

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Job Seeker

Living in Los Angeles, willing to relocate

Degree: BA in English Literature

Looking for a job as a web content producer, manager, or marketing manager

Currently employed as a web content producer and manager. I've worked in the game industry for 5 years on live tournament coverage, daily articles, community management, social media interaction, and the like. I've worked on some of the biggest licenses in games, television, and movies. I've also operated as a marketing associate in designing marketing programs with accountability and executing those plans within a team.

Well versed in HTML, have working knowledge of CSS, Photoshop, Illustrator
Currently learning SEO
Have written software development documentation
Experience managing a team of reporters and editors working in a live environment
Worked three years in a large, established company. Worked the last two years in a start-up
Experience with PR work, media contacts, demos, trade shows, and developing marketing programs for both retention and acquisition

Email: Blinkman 987 at GMail dot Com

Sarern
Nov 4, 2008

:toot:
Won't you take me to
Bomertown?
Won't you take me to
BONERTOWN?

:toot:

ChadBroChill17 posted:

EDIT2: I also think it's worth mentioning that Epic is extremely picky in who they pick. There are thousands of applications received every month, so they have the luxury to turn down almost everyone who applies. They place heavy emphasis on things like GPA (I'm not sure what the minimum is because they change it and I'm not in HR, but I hear around 3.3 is probably the lowest. I had a 3.4 in undergrad and 3.8 in grad school) and test scores. If you did not do well in college, bombed your standardized testing, or have zero internship/work experience, you probably have no shot at getting the job. Not trying to discourage anyone from applying, but I also don't want goons wasting their time needlessly.

Can you send me an email at cemeador at gmail dot com ? I applied a few weeks ago and now am scheduling a phone interview.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Looking for someone to to fill an admin assistant/clerical role, ideally someone with some publishing industry experience and knowledge of social media. PM or email earwicker{at}gmail.com. This is in NYC

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 20, 2011

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Earwicker posted:

Looking for someone to to fill an admin assistant/clerical role, ideally someone with some publishing industry experience and knowledge of social media. PM or email earwicker{at}gmail.com

Location might help?

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Lyon posted:

Location might help?

Seconding - very interested if it's in the right area.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003
His profile says NYC so, maybe there?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Oh yeah sorry guys, my bad. Yes the job is in NYC.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Job opening, Denver area. Our company is hiring a mechanical engineering tech/CAD jockey, here's the ad, if you want to PM me with questions or to let me know who you are so I can fast track a goon that's fine but otherwise apply via the craigslist ad: http://denver.craigslist.org/egr/2660326349.html

quote:

An established, 50+ year old Centennial, Colorado company has an opportunity for a mechanical engineering technician/CAD technician with the following credentials:

• Minimum 5 years engineering experience
• Extensive experience with SolidWorks 3D CAD package
• Mechanical aptitude with some shop skills
• High level of computer competency
• Engineering degree not necessarily required
• Injection molded plastic and sheet metal experience preferred
• Well versed in ANSI Y14.5 drawing standards

Responsibilities will include:
• Creating CAD models and complete drawings from hand sketches
• Creating complete drawings from existing CAD models
• Part and assembly modifications in CAD
• Filing, renaming files, ECN generation
• Other duties as dictated by skill and experience

Full time, permanent position with benefits. The successful candidate must pass a SolidWorks design test. Please submit resume with at least two references. 50K salary range, depending on skills and experience

Yojimbo Sancho
Feb 1, 2007
I have no idea either...

ChadBroChill17 posted:

Sorry goons got swamped recently. Lots of you expressed some interest in Epic. I'll fire off some e-mails shortly!

Gonna add another e-mail request to your list. Could you please email me at yojimbosancho at gmail dot com ?

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
Yet another one, Chad. Would be very grateful if you'd email me at rakovskymaybe at gmail dot com.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Job Seeker

Education: B.S. in Biological Sciences from the University of Missouri.

Experience: Two years as a Kennel Assistant at an animal hospital, half a year at Walmart, I'm interning at the St. Louis Zoo doing Animal Behavior research, but that won't lead to a job at the zoo.

Skills: I know how to do lab stuff from the classes I took, I am good with Word, Excel and Powerpoint, I know how to handle animals, I have some customer service skills as well.

Looking for: A full time job that deals with biology in some way, preferably field research.

Contact me at: nosgoth at gmail dot com

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
On the off chance that there are Albany goons:

Job Seeker

Albany, NY - I'll work in Troy/Schenectady/Watervliet/Menands/etc, really it's not that much of a drive
Education: None :eng99:

Experience: 12 years of IT, jack-of-all-trades, done everything from inventory databases to firewalls (10 years in the AF as a 3C0)

Looking For: Almost anything (see Not Looking For)

Not Looking For: Strenuous manual labor. I've broken too many bones and had too many surgeries, I just won't hold up under that kind of physical stress

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 26, 2011

kingcrimbud
Mar 1, 2007
Oh, Great. Now what?
JOBS AVAILABLE

Awesome consulting company that I work for is looking to hire people with Microsoft skills.

Hiring in Houston, Chicago, NY/NJ, San Francisco and DC Metro.
May consider Dallas, Phoenix, New England, Atlanta, SoCal and Minneapolis.

Be a developer who knows .NET with enterprise experience and some of the following:
- Silverlight
- WPF
- WCF
- DB Design and coding
- BizTalk Server
- TFS/ALM
- Azure
- Sharepoint

Send me a PM with some details about you and we can go from there.

MrEnigma
Aug 30, 2004

Moo!
JOB OPENING.

I haven't started here yet (start November 1st), but they are looking for PHP Developers, and it's available for working remote.

http://seeker.dice.com/jobsearch/servlet/JobSearch?op=302&dockey=xml/e/3/e310c40dfe7548a471d215688a0abb03

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Job posting for Georgia goons (or goons willing to relocate)

Technical Trainer (Level I to Sr.)-84913

Description

Summary
Assesses needs, develops, tests, maintains and delivers training programs and related material in support of products and procedures for internal and external clients. The trainer will lead a collaborative effort with system designers to develop client training prior to and after the client becomes live on TSYS. The trainer may be responsible for tutorial development. Establishes and/or reviews course content and objectives. Becomes subject matter expert and provides system and technical support for the design team. Ensures methodology, standards, and deadlines are met.

Responsibilities
With direct supervision, acquires basic knowledge of appropriate subjects/systems. With direct supervision, conducts training need’s assessments, develops and delivers technical training programs. Employs successful training techniques and styles. Reviews and edits documents for modification or publication.

The rest of the description is here.

https://tsys.taleo.net/careersection/tsys.careersection.external.001/jobdetail.ftl

TSYS is a company that makes financial software for banks, and we do business with most of the major banks both nationally and internationally. The job will eventually require a lot of travel, and if you speak a foreign language, that's a bonus.

Don't worry if you don't have a financial background. I have a Master's in Spanish language and literature, and got this job right before I finished grad school. They'll teach you about the industry and the system you'll eventually be training.

PM if you have any questions.

ETA: It looks as though the link to the job description isn't working properly. If you just do a basic search for "Technical Trainer" it'll come right up. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Morby fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 29, 2011

bellybutton
Feb 5, 2005
Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.
This is a telecommuting job. I've been working for this company for over a year now, it's completely legit, I swear.

If you're a Russian or Arabic speaker (but more importantly, reader and writer), we have work for you. It's boring, tedious data analysis. More specifically, it's analyzing map-related data. It's for a major company. It's 10 hours a week, with the very real possibility of more hours and more pay after you've shown that you're good for awhile. I don't know what they're paying for these languages. Our contracts say that we can't talk about that sort of thing. I can say that after a year, I'm working 50% more hours than I started working at, and making 60% more per hour.

So, if you're interested in doing some data analysis from home for 10 hours a week, are fluent in Russian or Arabic, and eligible to work in the US or Canada, shoot me a PM or email to bellybutton at parsnippity dot net and I'll get you in touch with the person you need to send your resumι to. As a heads up, it's helpful if you have some critical thinking skills. You probably won't last very long if you don't.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad
JOB OPENINGS

We have IT/finance-related positions open for the following in NYC, big 4 accounting firm (experienced hires):

-Experienced individuals with experience managing or designing/implementing front office trading and order entry systems for OTC derivatives
-Experienced individuals with strong knowledge of collateral management systems and middle offices processes (e.g. position keeping, risk, collateral) margin and related work flow
-Implementation or maintenance experience with collateral systems (e.g. Lombard, Sentry) as well as position/risk as well as settlement and clearing platforms (e.g. Rolfe & Nolan / GMI)
-Experienced individuals in implementation of new/custom applications to support STP trade lifecycle across execution, collateral/margin, reconciliation, settlement/clearing and reporting (SDR)
-Individuals experienced in developing architectures to create front to back office processing environments and supporting varied levels of manual and automated processes; leading to Straight Through Processing (STP) environments
-Individuals with reference data and data architecture backgrounds that have led business intelligence strategy and large scale data governance programs for capital markets clients. Familiar with customer and product masters preferably in context of new unique identifiers for legal entities and products (LEI & UPI).

CONTACT me ASAP at uncleguito at gmail dot com if you match any of those skill-sets.

UncleGuito fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Nov 2, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miscreant Fromage
May 2, 2003

The company I work for, ICUC Moderation, Inc. is looking for bi-lingual (English/French) News Moderation Specialists. (Quebec French, BTW). Here's a link to the blog with the full details: Snoo.ws - ICUC blog.

We need someone ASAP, It's part time, 16-20 hours per week. May lead into full time work. Flexibility for scheduling is required (days/evenings/weekends). Must be interested in current events and enjoy reading. A LOT. This is a remote position (100% telecommuting) so you can work from anywhere, no relocation.

Email resume to jobs@icucmoderation.com

We have openings frequently for many similar multilingual social media moderator positions, so if you speak multiple languages and have 24/7 flexibility, bookmark the page and keep checking or send in your resume. Often the positions are needed to be filled immediately so having a pool of qualified candidates helps a lot.

Miscreant Fromage fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 1, 2011