Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
So one of you guys with the game already, can you still buy the LFA in 4 for full gamemoney price if you don't get a gifted one imported?

And if you can't, someone send me one in 3 already. GT: Ether Frenzy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
The guy who did sound design for this game deserves a Nobel prize or something. I'm driving along on Fujimi now. Along the edges of the track is some dirt and leaves. When you stray off the line and hit that dirt, you hear it spraying up into the wheel arches. ffffffffffffffffffffff

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Ether Frenzy posted:

So one of you guys with the game already, can you still buy the LFA in 4 for full gamemoney price if you don't get a gifted one imported?

And if you can't, someone send me one in 3 already. GT: Ether Frenzy

LFA isn't a unicorn. You can but it standard whenever you get enough money.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I redeemed my code for the WRX STI and grabbed the M5 from the marketplace. Checking my queue I only see the one item - I think the 370.93MB one is indeed all of the exclusive pre-order cars stuck into one item, so that people who didn't pre-order get the models.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Free M5 is an Autovista car too, which explains some of the size.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Damnit, in my infinite wisdom it looks like I deleted my Forza 3 saves at some point. Hope there's some sort of server-side info stored.

hojusimpson
Mar 30, 2011

Hello Spaceman posted:

The guy who did sound design for this game deserves a Nobel prize or something. I'm driving along on Fujimi now. Along the edges of the track is some dirt and leaves. When you stray off the line and hit that dirt, you hear it spraying up into the wheel arches. ffffffffffffffffffffff

This sounds glorious. Are there any other tracks where you have noticed similar effects?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

AwwJeah posted:

I want to get in on this LFA business. My GT is Aww Jeah. I don't have a copy of Forza 3, so I don't know if you can still send it or not. Also may I ask why there are so many LFA's and only LFA's going around? Was that the best car from 3 or something?

I am hearing more and more about something called unicorn cars? I'm new to the Forza series so are these just the hardest cars to obtain? Do you need to do something special to get them?

They're gifting cars in Forza 3, so you can't get one without it. They're taking about the Lexus because even if you don't have the right dlc, it will transfer to forza 4. If you have certain cars in your forza 3 garage, they will be gifted to your forza 4 garage.

In the normal game, you can buy any car for your garage if you earn enough credits. Unicorn cars are not available for normal purchase in the same way. They are in the game, but you get them as gifts from Turn 10 or by buying them in a special section of the auction house.

You will not miss out on any cars by not having 3, you will just have to earn in game credits to buy them for your garage.

PrettyhateM
Apr 17, 2002

Minimaul posted:

Free M5 is an Autovista car too, which explains some of the size.

Wait I guess I missed this, so not all the cars will be able to do the Autovista?

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Hello Spaceman posted:

How do cars with upgraded turbos sound? I get a hard on for the whirring noise and the BOV's.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

PrettyhateM posted:

Wait I guess I missed this, so not all the cars will be able to do the Autovista?

I think there are 25 auto vista cars.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

PrettyhateM posted:

There are 24 autovista cars.

http://www.racesimcentral.com/news/2011/09/forza-4-autovista-mode-car-list-revealed/

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Lyer posted:

How do cars with upgraded turbos sound? I get a hard on for the whirring noise and the BOV's.

pvax posted:

Oh my dear god .... I am crying tears of joy while my ears bleed red nectar.

This clip is almost NWS because of how sexy it sounds

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
The sounds in Forza make me wonder what kind of a colossal fuckup decided to record GT5's car noises by putting the mics around the engines instead of around the exhausts.

I mean seriously.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

LunaticAngel posted:

CaptainHair, it seems that the traffic AI has it in for me when I'm trying to beat your laps in the 458. Took me bloody ages to get a clean one. Everytime I got near, the ai cars clipped me in the exit of the last corner.

Curse yoouuu, I spent like an hour trying to beat your time (I think in the ferrari) and don't know if I can better you, but I'll try dammit. Theres one point where you nip infront of some AI (I think before the downhill drop part) and its like some kind of black magic because I just could not make it in there without being clipped by the AI.

Speaking of dirty laps, has anyone else noticed that sometimes the back end of your car can clip a barrier when you're a bit sideways and it doesn't dirty the lap? Happened to me a couple of times now.

Oh yes, shipping from GAME... despite ordering months ago and never changing my payment info and checking with the back that they havn't blocked it, I'm still in shipping limbo. Everyone else seems to have had theirs shipped or cancelled, but I'm just here. In purgatory :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GreatGreen posted:

The sounds in Forza make me wonder what kind of a colossal fuckup decided to record GT5's car noises by putting the mics around the engines instead of around the exhausts.

I mean seriously.

The cars in GT5 sound more like a food blender. Every single one of the 1000+ cars in that game, sound incorrect.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Sorry if this is a dumb question:

What are these cars from? All preorders or what?
Pre-Order Forza 4 with GameStop and receive 5 exclusive cars!

1965 Ford Mustang GT Coupe
1997 Lexus SC300
2011 RUF RGT8
2011 Koenigsegg Agera
2011 Tesla Roadster Sport

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Wohoo, set myself a 1:40.000 rival just to get a reference on where I'm losing most time, and after about 40-ish laps I've improved my Zonda PB from 1:43.0x to 1:41.828 :c00lbert:

Though fastest dirty lap (screwup in turn one :mad:) has been a 1:40.9x. I had a few close ones, but the hardest thing by far for me is to just ignore the green split times and the rival ghost car. If I notice I'm getting in a good laptime or just see that I'm unusually close to the ghost I get all nervous and start turning on my brain again - actively thinking about the driving is obviously the worst thing you can do if you want a good lap :(. Guess that's also part of the reason a non-"cheating" dirty lap can get so fast, because once it's flagged you just go 'screw it' and can drive without giving a gently caress.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Those are the Launch Bonus Cars. They come with every first production run (new) version of the game.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
And race transmissions (which is a no brainer most of the time) will mask everything with sewing machine drone.

Amazing!

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Minimaul posted:

Those are the Launch Bonus Cars. They come with every first production run (new) version of the game.
I figured. Gamestop are kings of making themselves seem more important than they are.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

The Gamestop pre-order car is the 2011 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Quadrifoglio Verd.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

Minimaul posted:

Snip

The RUF Rt 12 R is in the base game.

\/ Not sure what to tell you. I don't have the VIP version, but there's the RT 12 R plain as day at S 666.

PopeOnARope fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 10, 2011

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

2011 RUF RGT-8 - Launch bonus, available with all new first production run disks.

2011 RUF Rt 12 R - VIP bonus, LCE only.

2011 Rt12 S - standard on disk for everyone.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I just topped Old Cloth Cat with a 1:46.281 Zonda time. Minimaul is next up but he is 1:44:968 and I'm not sure I can dig out another second before the game shows up.

I'm addicted to the demo.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

TannhauserGate posted:

e: Cleanup.

Want a Lexus LF-A? A certain number of cars can be imported from Forza 3 to Forza 4. You can still buy the cars in Forza 4, but the LFA costs 360,000 Cr in F3. So that sucks. Have a free one. You may need the proper DLC downloaded to get the car going, ymmv.
Put in a friend request. I could use an LFA. Will gift on once I get my LCE (might be tomorrow, might be next week, depends on if Best Buy or Target deliver on their promises).

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I wish I'd ordered from Game and not Gamestop >:[.
No dispatch email yet.

Bagpuss
Mar 23, 2001

A little bit of solidarity goes a long way.

Athanatos posted:

I just topped Old Cloth Cat with a 1:46.281 Zonda time. Minimaul is next up but he is 1:44:968 and I'm not sure I can dig out another second before the game shows up.

God drat it! I managed to beat your previous time but only after loosing out to you by .002 of a second about 10-15 laps before that. Time to fire up the xbox again!

This loving rivals mode will have me throwing my xbox out the window at some point in the future I can tell.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I was fortunate enough to have a goon gift me the LFA, despite not owning the Stig/Ultimate pack. My Amazon order is still listed as 'Shipping soon', but once I get it and do my FM3 import I'd be glad to gift it to someone in Forza 3.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
As one of the 99%, I'd greatly appreciate a charitable donation of an LF-A.

GT: residencyevil

Wanderer89
Oct 12, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Friend request sent. I'm Right around 1:44:968 if I'm remembering correctly... I'm Wanderer512 , spent most of my time on the M5 course, made it to sub 1:40 times, ranked in top 1,000 :D (hopefully still, noticed like 20k more people have raced since I set that time)

Bloody Typical
Oct 27, 2005

Hey, keep the noise down Jerk, this is a residential area.
Cool, I've got my dispatch email from Game at last.

If there's any LFA's left could I have one please. GT is TypicalGBS ta.

robotsinmyhead
Nov 29, 2005

Dude, they oughta call you Piledriver!

Clever Betty
That sound engine is loving phenomenal.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Brownie posted:

Does anyone have any experience with shipping a Fanatec to Canada? What were the duties and stuff like?

ps doodies

Anyone? Did anyone shipping to Canada have to pay a poo poo load of duties?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I reserved the regular version back in August, then switched it to the Collector's Edition about three weeks ago, and apparently there's been no problem. I just got a text message from Gamestop that it'll be available when they open tomorrow morning.

Cedhed
Feb 27, 2006
Whee!
I ordered the LCE online from Gamestop in early September and while my order hasn't been cancelled or changed they are listing it as Backordered. I'm not sure how they handle pre-order stuff but I'm somewhat worried that it'll be a while before I get to play. :(

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It seems like most of the problems are with people that ordered it online to be delivered, rather than in the store to pick up.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Brownie posted:

Anyone? Did anyone shipping to Canada have to pay a poo poo load of duties?
I doubt you will have to pay any since it will likely ship from the US and I'm not sure there will be much indication that it was made in Germany.

But then again I'm not sure so the best would be to ask Fanatec where they would ship to you from and go from there.

Brownie
Jul 21, 2007
The Croatian Sensation

Wolfy posted:

I doubt you will have to pay any since it will likely ship from the US and I'm not sure there will be much indication that it was made in Germany.

But then again I'm not sure so the best would be to ask Fanatec where they would ship to you from and go from there.

I would still have to pay duties for something shipped from the states. The Fanatec website just has this disclaimer:

"IMPORTANT NOTICE:
The Canadian buyers are responsible for any tax and duties imposed by their country. Tax and duties are not included in the shipping rate. Please contact your local customs office with further inquiries in this issue. For the shipment from the USA to Canada we use the services of USPS. USPS will charge an additional brockage fee to the consignee."

Apparently they ship every part to you individually and do really random poo poo in terms of price labeling and "commercial sample" labels, but duties on $300 could be pretty huge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Remember that the LF-A and 458 Italia are both reward cars for the career mode too.

Also gosh darn, those engine sounds...

Spaceman, how does the Ferrari 355 Challenge sound? It was an angry angry girl in FM2 with the exhaust mods, but sounded kind of dumbed down in 3.

e: Everyone should at least try GTCC. I haven't raced with them for ages due to work commitments, but it's a blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kajPdMUWX1Q

Here's a race edit I made of our A600 Front engine RWD American car race. (group 2 best group 2)

Falken fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Oct 11, 2011

• Locked thread