Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fyadimir Noobokov
Mar 27, 2005

SassyCommander posted:

Yacht Club DJs have uploaded their mix tape Demons Of Gymnastics on soundcloud, in anticipation for the parklife tour. It's going to be a loving party and a half.

http://soundcloud.com/yachtclubdjsmusic/sets

Do they make their tracks available for download? This would make sweet running music :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Fyadimir Noobokov posted:

Do they make their tracks available for download? This would make sweet running music :(

They have previously, so it's out there, but as far as I can tell it's not downloadable officially right now.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Irish Thunder posted:

Some guy named 3LAU dropped an album called Dance Floor Filth that is absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it. http://3lau.com/music/

Sexy ladies complimented my music choosing skills over the weekend thanks to this, gently caress yeah.
"Oh I love Adele!" haha

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

My name is Gato/I have metal joints/Beat me up/And earn fifteen silver points!
Girl Talk is confirmed for Big Day Out 2012, ausgoons get ready to party

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

icicle bob posted:

Girl Talk is confirmed for Big Day Out 2012, ausgoons get ready to party

stage invasions left right and centre aw yeah

Kind of hoping that he goes on before Odd Future in the Boiler Room for maximum crazy. I'm doing photos again this year so I'll be at the side of the pit waiting for the bumrush to stage.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

I, Butthole posted:

stage invasions left right and centre aw yeah

Kind of hoping that he goes on before Odd Future in the Boiler Room for maximum crazy. I'm doing photos again this year so I'll be at the side of the pit waiting for the bumrush to stage.

If golf wang come on right after him it will be the craziest couple of hours of my life.

Hopefully I'll be able to apologise to the girl I hit with a tremendous uppercut while raising my fist righteously skyward to an A Milli sample the last time he played BDO

tagelthebagel
Oct 23, 2008
I'll be seeing GirlTalk on the 16th at Deluna Fest and I could not be more excited. Never seen GT live . Is it stuff from albums or more of a mixing stuff on the spot sort of thing? Regardless I'm so excited!

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

icicle bob posted:

If golf wang come on right after him it will be the craziest couple of hours of my life.

Hopefully I'll be able to apologise to the girl I hit with a tremendous uppercut while raising my fist righteously skyward to an A Milli sample the last time he played BDO

never apologize for a dance move gone wrong.

Caught up with the Yacht Club DJs while taking photos at Parklife this weekend. Album soon. Heads up to Brisgoons as well, Sampology is playing at Alloneword for the Valley Fiesta, go get loose.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.

tagelthebagel posted:

I'll be seeing GirlTalk on the 16th at Deluna Fest and I could not be more excited. Never seen GT live . Is it stuff from albums or more of a mixing stuff on the spot sort of thing? Regardless I'm so excited!

A little of both. He plays all the samples you know and love, but I'd say around half of it he switches around what samples he plays together. Some of the stuff, like Kelly Clarkson/NIN/MC Hammer is a staple of the set and he also throws in a lot of newer songs that have come out since his album releases.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I, Butthole posted:

Caught up with the Yacht Club DJs while taking photos at Parklife this weekend. Album soon. Heads up to Brisgoons as well, Sampology is playing at Alloneword for the Valley Fiesta, go get loose.

gently caress yes on all counts! YCDJs album will owna nd I'll check out Sampology's gig, I enjoyed him at BDO last time!

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011
If you enjoy Girl Talk then you may enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cnxvE_naUg&feature=related

Kidding aside it's really hard for me to hear the difference b/t Girl Talk and Cheerleader mixes. Just sayin'.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Is that supposed to be a criticism or something because I don't really see what point you're making

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
I.. Uh, well. I'm actually still trying to figure out how anyone could do cheers to whatever that was so I'm not really sure what to tell you. v:shobon:v

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Hello, mashup thread!

You might remember me as the guy that split up Ludachrist's Talk is Cheap into separate tracks a while back. I've got another album for you guys -- one that holds a very special place in my heart.

Get Uneasy Listening, Vol. 1 (updated Oct. 13 with FLAC-ripped, higher quality error-free version)

This is the classic, unforgettable Uneasy Listening, Vol. 1 by DJ Z-Trip and DJ P. This is a pretty early mashup album, released in 2001 -- 7 years before Feed the Animals, which was what got me into the genre. This album is fairly easy to find online but comes as 4 very long tracks, with no separation between them. I went ahead and split them as best I could figure they were supposed to be split. There are still some issues. There are a few gaps in the original download. I fixed one between "Body Rocking" and "Not Your Standard Hip-Hop" but the latter track ends suddenly before "Mixology" begins. Can't be fixed. (issues fixed in new download)

The tracks are rather oddly-named -- they are all technically untitled, but people began using the text on the back of the CD as a rough track list. This results in some neat coincidences (the track featuring "Dust in the Wind" is called "The Air", for example).

This is an extremely solid mashup album and if you haven't heard it, I definitely recommend you check it out. Also worth noting is that this was done using records -- listen at the beginning of "Rather, Ripping the Envelope" and you can hear Madonna's voice sort of "spin up".

Again, you can download it here.

Malsgrein fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Oct 14, 2011

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Oggumogoggum posted:

Get Uneasy Listening, Vol. 1

Do it, people. I'm a huge fan of DJ Z-Trip. He did the soundtrack for the game Skate and was one of the featured artists on DJ Hero, for what that's worth. He has a whole lot of material out there for perusal in addition to some actual releases. Here are a couple of D/L sites for his DJ sets and mixes:
http://www.djztrip.com/downloads.html
http://vladtepes.us/

I am particularly fond of "DJ Z-Trip - Baltic room set (bombshelter DJ's)" that he did with Emile. It's like two and a half hours of pop, rock and hiphop mixed a song or two at a time and it is glorious. You can find it buried in the second link. Not nearly as funkily ADD as Girltalk, but he's a drat good DJ.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

PS. Why would you split up talk is cheap

SassyCommander
Apr 23, 2009

Oggumogoggum posted:

Hello, mashup thread!

Thankyou very much, I have been aware of Z-Trip for a while, but never really explored of much of his material. He is great at mixing, i feel like this week it might give my headphones a flogging.

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011

flatluigi posted:

Is that supposed to be a criticism or something because I don't really see what point you're making

More an observation. The point is cheer and g-talk mixes sound scattered brained and all over the place. That is all. He does make a great mash-up every now and again.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

icicle bob posted:

Because when I put all of my mash-up albums in a playlist and hit shuffle, a 50:00 track kills the vibe.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

Because when I put all of my mash-up albums in a playlist and hit shuffle, a 50:00 track kills the vibe.

This dude gets it. That's why I'm so sad nobody's split up bangfest by ludachrist.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Fun Times! posted:

This dude gets it. That's why I'm so sad nobody's split up bangfest by ludachrist.

The albums are designed to be one big mix where the tracks flow in to one another. If anything, jumping to inconsistent mixes every 5 mins would be the odd choice.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nam Taf posted:

The albums are designed to be one big mix where the tracks flow in to one another. If anything, jumping to inconsistent mixes every 5 mins would be the odd choice.

It is odd, but in my car when I'm driving is when I listen to most of my music, and that's just not suited to a longer track. Plus, it's easier to find a certain part if there is one you really like. If I'm on an airplane ride, or a really long car trip, I'll listen to albums whole, and it is a little more full of an experience.

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

icicle bob posted:

"If you don't enjoy media the way I enjoy media, you aren't doing it right! No other options!"

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

Yoshifan823 posted:

It is odd, but in my car when I'm driving is when I listen to most of my music, and that's just not suited to a longer track.

I'm the opposite here. If I'm driving and listening to mashup I want a long track for cruising.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

gohuskies posted:

"If you don't enjoy media the way I enjoy media, you aren't doing it right! No other options!"

Well you sure showed me.

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Fun Times! posted:

Where can I find this? If I can get a good download it I'll split it up -- assuming it comes with track names/lengths (as TiC did).

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Oggumogoggum posted:

Where can I find this? If I can get a good download it I'll split it up -- assuming it comes with track names/lengths (as TiC did).

http://worshipludachrist.blogspot.com/2007/11/bangfest.html
That's the official link, and it does have track names/lengths. It would be rad if you went through with it!

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Completely off-topic, but I have been listening to Kids & Explosion's poo poo Computer all week, and it's brilliant. Biggie and Beyonce over Sigur Ros blows my mind every time.

v v v Click that link.

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 10, 2011

Malsgrein
Nov 29, 2005

Admiral Goodenough posted:

I have been listening to Kids & Explosion's poo poo Computer

Great, great album. I go back to it every few months. It's got a definite Avalanches feel to it.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

Apparently the avalanches stopped working on their second album to focus on a deluxe ten year anniversary edition of their first.

Go figure.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

icicle bob posted:

Apparently the avalanches stopped working on their second album to focus on a deluxe ten year anniversary edition of their first.

Go figure.

GOD. loving. drat. IT.

Well, the money is there!

Twoiism
Sep 10, 2008

Ever present.

icicle bob posted:

Go figure.

You know just as well as I do, whatever they put out, we'll buy it.

icicle bob
Mar 14, 2008

EVERYBODY WHO READS THIS THREAD

BUY A COPY OF SINCE I LEFT YOU BY THE AVALANCHES

MELBOURNE BANDS 4 LIFE

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

icicle bob posted:

MELBOURNE BANDS 4 LIFE

I already did! Should I buy another?

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

I DEMAND IT

icicle bob posted:

MELBOURNE BANDS 4 LIFE

quotin' dis because its REAL TRUF

e: respek

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

icicle bob posted:

Go figure.

Wait, is this news? I could have sworn I read about it months ago.

e: yeah
http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/07/the-avalanches-celebrate-10-years-reissue-since-i-left-you/

doctor thodt fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 11, 2011

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

Oggumogoggum posted:

Great, great album. I go back to it every few months. It's got a definite Avalanches feel to it.
Nice, thanks for the link. I'd never heard it!

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Just downloaded that Kids and Explosions album.

It's terrible, it's like a mashup album except there's a loop roll/glitch every second.

Chwoka
Jan 27, 2008

I'm Abed, and I never watch TV.

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

It's terrible, it's like a mashup album except there's a loop roll/glitch every second.

Shut up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

I used to not be able to listen to music like that because it brought back old memories of my computer crashing during the middle of the song and getting stuck on a glitch for a few seconds. I've also heard other songs that I didn't enjoy who did the glitching in an annoying way.

But I think they do the loop/glitching really well, but I'll agree that it isn't for everybody.