Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I was a guest on a Podcast the other day, you should listen to it. I'd like to see it take off because it was a lot of fun to record!

http://woookie.co.cc/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

What does Todd Martin bring that warrants a phone call every week?

Vinny's not great but the rapport of Bryan with another guy in studio makes the show good.
Meltzer has content and Lance Storm is Lance Storm.

There's always a ton of redundant reviews of recent news and events and Todd rarely has an interesting take on things.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

todd is the worst contributor to the f4w site. he's crap !

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

What does Todd Martin bring that warrants a phone call every week?

What he says on the podcasts is nothing compared to the general idiocy he shows on the forum. Every other regular radio show host/guest are usually fine there, but Todd is just the worst.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Everyone hates Todd so Bryan is going to shove him down our throats until we just accept him. Either that or Bryan keeps him around so he and Dave seem more knowledgeable.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Todd is great and is a welcome change from the usual routine of Bryan doing the same boring rant with Dave, then Vinny, then Lance and so on.

Every now and then Todd says something really stupid but for the most part he's a really good addition to the site. Haters gonna hate and all that.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Todd is wretched and terrible. He will never be "great". He's an autocontrarian with a voice like Tim Donst and never adds anything. Bryan may infuriate me sometimes with a lot of the dumb poo poo he says, but he will never be terrible like Todd.

Yet he insists on putting Todd on the air. So odd. More Coughlin, please.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Coughlin with a weekly segment on pro wrestling would be amazing. "I don't loving care. Armenians Armenians Armenians! R-truth sure is athletic!"

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The Hall of Fame show was interesting.

Edge getting in but not Sting? That feels... I dunno. I guess my perceptions of pro-wrestling are wrong.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Todd is hilarious and one of the only things I make sure to catch weekly.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
If he's the guy that went on the 5 minute, "you talking about a presser...?" rant then he owns.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LordPants posted:

Edge getting in but not Sting? That feels... I dunno. I guess my perceptions of pro-wrestling are wrong.

Sting was at best an above average wrestler and was a terrible draw for the vast majority of his career.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Hearing Todd :negative: about Fedor puts him at the top.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Oatgan posted:

Hearing Todd :negative: about Fedor puts him at the top.

Please say he did it again.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
What are the odds that this is the first time Dave Meltzer has put the word "clitoris" in a newsletter?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Capsaicin posted:

What are the odds that this is the first time Dave Meltzer has put the word "clitoris" in a newsletter?
They did a wacky April Fool's gag in 1999 where he wrote the Adult Video News.

e:

LordPants posted:

I suspect the Hall of Fame voting base is made of relatively few WCW guys and many of them worked or watched dozens more matches with Edge than Sting.

UltimoDragonQuest fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 7, 2011

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

Please say he did it again.

No it's been a while, but it's still funny.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Is the Hall of Fame coming around again, or are they just talking about who they think will get in?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

CVagts posted:

Is the Hall of Fame coming around again, or are they just talking about who they think will get in?

The HoF issue should be out next week. (Or whenever they say it is on the show. I haven't listened yet.)

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

We're never going to find out who the giant wrestling superstar was.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

is Bryan ever going to learn not to really loudly breathe in while facing the mic?

I swear to god every show starts like this

*dead silence*
*5 second hissing intake of breath*
"howsitgoingeverybody..."

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a podcast but they are planning to release an audio-only version, but a (primarily wrestling) gaming stream that I follow is doing a weekly shoot-the-poo poo-about-wrestling show. They're not really professionals by any stretch, and it gets R-rated in a few spots, but it's alright for a first effort I think.

http://www.twitch.tv/lagspiketv/b/296999766

That's their first show from TwitchTV, though you really don't need the video feed (they bring up a picture of Aksana and JoMo's new shirt at one point, but that's it).

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Lamuella posted:

is Bryan ever going to learn not to really loudly breathe in while facing the mic?
He should take a hint from Tay Zonday then...

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

Whenever Bryan Alavarez reminds me that he is in fact a minority I think that only if he could be shown to all of the racists of the world they would see all of their conceptions about minorities just aren't true.
He doesn't count, he's whiter than that colgate.

Hell, Bryan is even whiter than I am and I'm pretty loving white, you'd think all of that roots music would rub off some non-whiteness on him.

Oatgan posted:

Todd is hilarious and one of the only things I make sure to catch weekly.
Me too, that week where he said he mixed up his meds (or did I imagine that?) was like a turning point for him in my eyes at least. I found after that show he loosened up a lot and now seems a lot less self conscious when doing the podcasts and is a whole lot more entertaining for it.

He's also a very knowledgeable guy and now that his delivery isn't as dry as it used to be I appreciate it a whole lot more.

Plus, no one is as bad as Dr Lucha and his creepy transparent desire to try and slide himself into the Alvarez family.

I like Bryan and Dave a lot, I'm a bit of a journalism geek so I really appreciate the balance they've struck between information and entertainment, you don't find many with the field skills they both have who can combine it with the sense of personality they both display (yes Dave too, I've been a listener since the start of the year and I've really become accustomed to the nuances of Dave's particular brand of humour).

Now if Bryan could just stop talking about his family and cat's so frequently everything would be just fine.

Sue Denim fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Oct 10, 2011

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

if you have keen eyes while watching pwg, you can catch todd being a fat loser, mouth agape, half-heartedly clapping and cheering.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Since when did Bryan and Dave review Impact on mondays? :psyduck:

Frilled Lizard
May 22, 2004

WOOF WOOF WOOF
YOU KNOW IT
I knew Bryan wouldn't have a good opinion of Raw, but this still struck me funny because he rarely posts on Twitter (except for pictures of his cats).

Bryan Alvarez posted:

This show sucks

Bryan Alvarez posted:

Seriously one of the worst Raws all time all my life.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I like the shot of Vince on the main page:

YOUR TELEVISION SHOW SUCKS

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Haha Dave and Bryan had such fire in their hate for Raw. One of the best WO shows in a while.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

triplexpac posted:

Haha Dave and Bryan had such fire in their hate for Raw. One of the best WO shows in a while.

I loved Dave calling Vince McMahon a miserable person.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dave getting stuck into some troll on The Board at the end is pretty classic.

ButtnakedHATHdawg posted:

Why does the guy who was juicing and STILL lost...

...Get another title shot just because he beat some journeymen?

Better yet, how can this guy be a babyface to anyone? Honestly, this is the kind of stuff that has the potential to hurt the credibility of the sport going forward. How do you sell this guys' story without either looking really bad or lying about it?

Dave got trolled pretty bad.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Has there not been a new Formerly Creative in a couple of weeks, or is my iTunes just not updating?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Phenix Rising posted:

Has there not been a new Formerly Creative in a couple of weeks, or is my iTunes just not updating?

Doesn't matter if there is unless they have some new guest that's really interesting. The show ran out of steam months ago.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I wish the writers would have just kept doing an appearance on F4W every now and then. I was always really interested in those, before Formerly Creative.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

I wish the writers would have just kept doing an appearance on F4W every now and then. I was always really interested in those, before Formerly Creative.
Lagana is a lax interviewer. Gregory Iron did Art of Wrestling and it was much more interesting than when he was with Lagana.

Bryan comes loaded with newsletter stuff and questions from The Board so he gets much more out of an interview.
Even if he did let the 90210 guy bullshit about the ratings not dropping. :argh:

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

PaybackJack posted:

Doesn't matter if there is unless they have some new guest that's really interesting. The show ran out of steam months ago.

It started off really good, and then quickly degenerated into Lagana and his friends being :smug: about their Twitter accounts. Once the show reached that point, I began to understand why a bunch of jocks (and wannabe/former jocks) hated them so much.

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

CombineThresher posted:

It started off really good, and then quickly degenerated into Lagana and his friends being :smug: about their Twitter accounts. Once the show reached that point, I began to understand why a bunch of jocks (and wannabe/former jocks) hated them so much.

Yeah, Formerly Creative turned into a big disappointment.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

triplexpac posted:

Is it a free show? May be good place to start listening to WO.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Glitterbomber posted:

Is it a free show? May be good place to start listening to WO.

Nope, sadly. But the Bryan and Vinny show, which is up tomorrow I think, should be free and pretty drat amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
Formerly Creative turned in to a circle jerk even WWE would be impressed by.

• Locked thread