Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Ziploc posted:

Would be unbalanced as gently caress though. Unless all in the same cars.

Front engine, RWD muscle cars only. Then we could recreate the redneck figure 8 racing we have around here.

The more I think of it, the better this sounds. Once there's only 1 person who can move more than 10 MPH, race is over, he wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Hello Spaceman posted:

It's not very intuitive when it comes to telling you where it is.
Go to My Forza on FM.net and then view your ENTIRE gallery. There's a link on the right-hand side to download bigshot.bmp LOL GET READY FOR A 27MB BITMAP

Awesome, thanks very much! The quality on those are amazing, though way too huge to upload to imgur.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Figure 8 racing sounds awesome, best possible use for the trucks and SUVs.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

JaysonAych posted:

Awesome, thanks very much! The quality on those are amazing, though way too huge to upload to imgur.

I just compress them as JPGs and they go down to about 4MB. Dump 'em on Dropbox and all is well.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Anyone whos got the game care to say if the wheels selection is any better this time?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Alright, someone was asking about install size earlier. With all the DLC, Disc 2 installed and a game install it weighs in at 11GB. 7.6 GB of that is the game install, so Disc 2 + DLC is right around 3.4GB.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Idiot race posted:

Anyone whos got the game care to say if the wheels selection is any better this time?

No. There are only two styles from Rays Engineering :(

In fact most manufacturers have between one and three wheels, with only four manfs having four styles on offer.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010
Picked up a copy of the LCE as a joint present for myself and my dad (Christmas :argh:). We each have our own 360, but he doesn't have an Xbox Live account whereas I do. How would I go about getting the various DLC codes on both consoles? I think I'd be able to just claim the codes on my account/console, recover my gamertag on the other console and download them there, but I'm not sure if that would allow you to utilize the DLC while on an offline/standard profile (that is, not just my gamertag's profile with the ethernet cord unplugged).

Would there be any way to do this? Worst case scenario I can just do a license transfer to his console since mine is always online but if that's not necessary then I would prefer to avoid it.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Q_res posted:

Alright, someone was asking about install size earlier. With all the DLC, Disc 2 installed and a game install it weighs in at 11GB. 7.6 GB of that is the game install, so Disc 2 + DLC is right around 3.4GB.
How much does the full install cut down on loading times?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Umberger posted:

Picked up a copy of the LCE as a joint present for myself and my dad (Christmas :argh:). We each have our own 360, but he doesn't have an Xbox Live account whereas I do. How would I go about getting the various DLC codes on both consoles? I think I'd be able to just claim the codes on my account/console, recover my gamertag on the other console and download them there, but I'm not sure if that would allow you to utilize the DLC while on an offline/standard profile (that is, not just my gamertag's profile with the ethernet cord unplugged).

Would there be any way to do this? Worst case scenario I can just do a license transfer to his console since mine is always online but if that's not necessary then I would prefer to avoid it.

I'm nearly certain you won't be able to have the dlc on two consoles at once. I think it's tied to the account that was active when it was installed. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Umberger posted:

dlc can only be played with on the console it was downloaded to while offline, and the profile it was downloaded with while online. so if you download it to his console with your gamertag, he can use it offline and you can use it only when you are online.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Q_res posted:

Jesus, time to look into a new HDD. Thanks for the info man.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Powershift posted:

dlc can only be played with on the console it was downloaded to while offline

Right, that's because there's a license applied to the console it's downloaded to (XBLA games do this too, if you try to play them offline on a console other than your original purchase/download). So a license transfer should work then, and if not welp I tried.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

you can only do 1 licence transfer per 12 month period, and i'm fairly sure it's all or none.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

How much does the full install cut down on loading times?

I didn't do a before/after comparison, but I can tell you this: in FM3 when you load your game at the start, it takes like a minute. Loading your game in FM4 takes 10 seconds tops.

Also :siren: Sigma One and I have set up the GTCC car club. :siren:

It's called Goons in Saloons. And the tag, obviously, is GTCC.

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Powershift posted:

you can only do 1 licence transfer per 12 month period, and i'm fairly sure it's all or none.

I'm aware, but all that the license transfer will do is make it so my console must be online to use my purchased/promotional content. My console is always online so this isn't an issue.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Load times aren't bad at all, but I haven't installed disk 1 yet.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Can you join multiple car clubs or are you restricted to just one?

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!
Anyone else having problems importing their FM3 profiles? I never got the pop-up that I was supposed to, and I think it's because I changed my gamertag.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

1 car club at a time. 100 people per club.

Gamer tags must be the same across games to import and at least driver level 1.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Hello Spaceman posted:

I didn't do a before/after comparison, but I can tell you this: in FM3 when you load your game at the start, it takes like a minute. Loading your game in FM4 takes 10 seconds tops.

Also :siren: Sigma One and I have set up the GTCC car club. :siren:

It's called Goons in Saloons. And the tag, obviously, is GTCC.

It says it's invitation only. I'd be happy for an invite! GT: DaytonaTurboJ

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

JaysonAych posted:

Me too if possible. GT: residencyevil

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
Hey, cool. Importing vinyl groups also imports ones that you purchased, not just ones you made yourself.

Might have to go boot up FM3 one more time and drain the rest of my credits there on a massive spending spree.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Are the controls editable. Say Brake to B?

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
I know this thread is in it's great game was just-released afterglow and all that, so a question like this may get buried in the anticipatory posts , but...

As a huge Gran Turismo fan, would this game be worth picking up? I've not really been following this game and I'm curious to know what gameplay similarities it shares with GT5. Is FM4 more arcade-oriented? Is it a pseudo-simulator like the GT series? How are the controls similar? If somebody has an article that goes into it I would love to read it.

It looks pretty great, but I've never played FM3 even, as it seemed to be oriented towards people wanting to drive $500,000+ supercars around racetracks rather than souping up a '94 Acura and driving it through a circuit that only allows 90s japanese autos.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

JaysonAych posted:

Can't have just any old shitlords joining :v:

Sigma did invite you. Residency, I'll send you a friend request to invite you.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Just picked up my LCE at the STOP. Apparently, I was the only LCE preorder. Suckers. XBL GT: Tame Gaming God

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Walked into Best Buy without preorder, walked out with a Collector's Edition (the last one available too). :c00l:

Umberger
Jan 24, 2010

Linux Nazi posted:

It looks pretty great, but I've never played FM3 even, as it seemed to be oriented towards people wanting to drive $500,000+ supercars around racetracks rather than souping up a '94 Acura and driving it through a circuit that only allows 90s japanese autos.

I admittedly haven't played FM4 yet, but in FM3 there were plenty of races that were exactly what you're describing (make restricted, region restricted, etc).

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Hello Spaceman posted:

Can't have just any old shitlords joining :v:

Sigma did invite you. Residency, I'll send you a friend request to invite you.

Got it, thanks! I should be more active online than I'd been recently. My work schedule has finally stabilized.

The Kinect head tracking is bullshit so far. I haven't figured out a proper tune for it, which keeps changing every time I get up and sit back down, and the giant re-center message that appears at the bottom every time my head nudges a millimeter out of frame is distracting as hell. The screen tilt is very minimal anyway.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Linux Nazi posted:

I know this thread is in it's great game was just-released afterglow and all that, so a question like this may get buried in the anticipatory posts , but...

As a huge Gran Turismo fan, would this game be worth picking up? I've not really been following this game and I'm curious to know what gameplay similarities it shares with GT5. Is FM4 more arcade-oriented? Is it a pseudo-simulator like the GT series? How are the controls similar? If somebody has an article that goes into it I would love to read it.

Growing up on Gran Turismo, and having recently actually had fun playing GT5 at a buddy's house, I can say, "you won't regret getting this, if you are honestly interested in how cars drive".

Cactachair
Nov 25, 2007

Doctor Butts posted:

I'm poo poo at sim racing so kinda intimidated playing in a Goon Car club. Unless there's a "we're really lovely" goon car club. Unless you can be a part of more than one.

Same here. We should have a NoobGoons club or something because I sure as hell don't need to be taking up one of 100 slots in a club that's got people ranking in the top 10%.

Is there any split screen 2-player options available? I got a Fanatec wheel on a UPS truck heading this way and I still have my old but near mint Microsoft Wireless wheel. 2 wheels, 2 sets of pedals, and a 44" OLED flatscreen would make for some fun in-house racing.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just level 4'ed ford, time to have some fun!

god drat, the decisions, thunderbird, stang king cobra, fairlane thunderbolt.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Umberger posted:

I admittedly haven't played FM4 yet, but in FM3 there were plenty of races that were exactly what you're describing (make restricted, region restricted, etc).

I figured it was deeper than that, which is why I said it just seemed oriented more towards the supercar fanatics. Not that there's anything wrong with that! I just remember the car list being dominated by those types, and a lot of decals on cars in the screenshots. :)

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene
drat this game takes a long time to install, cmon on Forza 4 we're not even on the Content Disc yet.

Also, I hate that I have to input a code for the Top Gear stuff, what a waste of time.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Would also love some info on the BB code for the 1M since I can't seem to figure it out. Also while I'm at it an invite to the GTCC would be appreciated and I'll go ahead and add myself to that spreadsheet. Never really got in to online play in Forza 1-3 but I loved it in PGR back when I played that so it's about time I join you guys. I apologize in advance for my mediocrity but I plan on picking up a Fanatec wheel to replace my busted MS wheel in the new year at which point I'll finally be able to ween myself off the last assists I still use ("Normal" steering, manual w/o clutch)
On a similar note is there no longer an option to set AI difficulty? What's the deal with AI this time around anyway?

GT: AdamH1mself

e. I'm also really glad they finally added a Mk III VR6 even if it reminds me what a terrible decision I made when I sold mine :(

General Probe fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 11, 2011

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Anyone have a spare 1M code they'd like to swap for a Subaru?

Best Buy decided to cancel my order this morning without sending me an email and despite charging my card last week sometime. I only noticed it was canceled because I went to check the order status and saw that they changed the price to $0.00. :thumbsup:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Linux Nazi posted:

I would call Forza 4 a full sim and not very arcadey. However, I love games like Burnout: Paradise.

My friend has Forza III and in that game you can only join certain races/circuits/seasons depending on the car and its rating. Like, one could be a "Hey, loving Norway, Right?" tour where you can only drive C class Dodge Neons with yellow wheels. You can do multiple seasons at once, if you've got the car, I think

You can change the tires, grip, transmission, blabbity blah, thisity that. Change tire pressure, camber, I think even the gear ratios and other horse poo poo. You can soup up your car with general and car specific parts. Some parts give your car 4 wheel drive, or a corvette engine, or some brembo brakes or some poo poo.

Doctor Butts fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 11, 2011

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Umberger posted:

Event types in FM4:

* Many, many manufacturer races, both for entire brands and specific models
* Body style specific races (superemini, sport coupe, truck, SUV, etc)
* Engine specific races ranging from 3 cylinder and hybrids up to V-12s
* Class specific tours in various world regions
* Top Gear Bowling
* Multi-class events
* One on one races down Fujimi Kaido, with traffic
* Car-specific oval track racing (trans-am, Hemi, Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge, etc)
* Autocross events
* Track days
* Nurburgring 1 on 1, with traffic
* GT/LMP multiclass events
* World championships

And that's just the stuff listed in the Event List. Close to 400 seperate events there, so yeah there's a lot of room for both high-dollar race cars on big tracks and jacked up road rats on small courses.

E: Oh yeah, and Rivals mode has a shitload of challenges in it that will likely make using a wider variety of cars viable too.

BlazeKinser fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Oct 11, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Powershift posted:

Just level 4'ed ford, time to have some fun!

god drat, the decisions, thunderbird, stang king cobra, fairlane thunderbolt.

The majestic King Cobra is quite nice: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_lWDb4ab1s

• Locked thread