Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Captain Hair posted:

Not to try and turn this into a "please post X screenshot" thread, but uh. Is there some reason not a goddamn one of you has posted a matte black Camaro yet? Huh? :colbert:

It seems as though the paint effects were a bit of bs because I cant find matte paint or white wheels anywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I wish we could import our cars and money from a forza 3 savegame. I've ground through the FWD beginner races of racing sims for 15 years now. Just let me keep my giant car collection and race the advanced races. :( I figure I will finish rage and portal 2 before I buy this one.

Threash
May 18, 2003
I wasn't really going to get this game but then once I played the demo and heard the engine sounds I had to pick it up. I was having fun on my lunch just throwing different cars around the track just to hear the great sound in this game.

I also sent a join request into the car club.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

jonathan posted:

I wish we could import our cars and money from a forza 3 savegame. I've ground through the FWD beginner races of racing sims for 15 years now. Just let me keep my giant car collection and race the advanced races. :( I figure I will finish rage and portal 2 before I buy this one.

It's not much of an issue at all. I played F3 but wasn't even maxed out or anything and still had a great start in this game. I think I was only 39 in F3 but had 8 or so cars transfer, plus 49k credits. Not to mention this game just throws money and prize cars at you. I've done the first 2 seasons, using a car that was already sitting in my garage, and am now up to 20 or so to choose from spreading from F to R3.

You'll probably start with at least a 430 Scuderia, Murcielago, and possibly an LFA if you had that or get it from someone in this thread. That's far from a FWD beginner race to kick off with

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Has anyone had their Target LCE orders ship? I ended up picking it up at Best Buy, but I'm wondering if my target order will go through too.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Fatrick posted:

I thought the GTCC was the spreadsheet car club.

Though you can join multiple car clubs, so this is not an issue

Wait, I thought you could only join one. Are you sure about this?

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Congratulations on your time, then, internet victory. :)

General Probe posted:

I'm still looking for an answer to my earlier question about the AI:

Another question I have is since I got the American Muscle DLC as Launch Bonus but bought the season pass and essentially double bought that content, wasn't I supposed to receive some in-game credits or something?

You can't change the AI in world tour mode. It gives them upgraded cars to match yours and uses an auto adjusting difficulty scale. If you keep winning, they get better, if you keep losing, they get worse. In other modes, you can select from 4 difficulties and select whether or not they get to use upgraded cars.

Edit: I don't know about the in game credits. I thought you were supposed to get some for that, too.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Still no FoxBody coupe/notchback I assume ?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Can you only download one car pack at a time in your queue? I started downloading the BMW M5 then entered in the codes for the limited edition content and launch car pack and even though I clicked Download Now neither of them get added to my Download Queue. I even tried to manually add them from my purchase history on the Xbox site and they still won't add to the queue.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The notchback looks like a econobox.

Also, everyone needs to do that nurburgring Top Gear challenge. The radical is loving INSAAAAAAANE. Also, what car do i drive on maple valley first? Thunderbird, Mustang or Fairlane?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Le Saboteur posted:

Can you only download one car pack at a time in your queue? I started downloading the BMW M5 then entered in the codes for the limited edition content and launch car pack and even though I clicked Download Now neither of them get added to my Download Queue. I even tried to manually add them from my purchase history on the Xbox site and they still won't add to the queue.

once again, the data is the same between the muscle car pack/launch pack/pre-order bonus/VIP pack. it will only download the data once, but will still unlock the proper stuff in game

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Cojawfee posted:

The notchback looks like a econobox.

Also, everyone needs to do that nurburgring Top Gear challenge. The radical is loving INSAAAAAAANE. Also, what car do i drive on maple valley first? Thunderbird, Mustang or Fairlane?

The radical was insane in 3, too. My vote for maple is the hummer. See if you can roll something that wide.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Powershift posted:

once again, the data is the same between the muscle car pack/launch pack/pre-order bonus/VIP pack. it will only download the data once, but will still unlock the proper stuff in game

I'm saying the data hasn't even downloaded once, all I have is the M5 pack downloading, unless the M5 pack is covered under that as well.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

for everyone!

Le Saboteur posted:

I'm saying the data hasn't even downloaded once, all I have is the M5 pack downloading, unless the M5 pack is covered under that as well.

Check to see if the cars are unlocked in the game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
The muscle car pack doesn't show as purchased if you have the LCE. It's part of the LCE pack, which includes all the cars you get with the LCE.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Q_res posted:

Wait, I thought you could only join one. Are you sure about this?

It mentioned being open to receiving club invites, and something about joining others. It may be that you just get into one, but the text indicated that you were able to join more than just one.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Hey guys. Autocross is fun.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
How many of you guys have 20gb 360s? I want to delete all my old fm3 dlc but im worried that I wont get any of the save transfers.

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*
Anyone else getting network errors trying to connect with people?

Threash
May 18, 2003

Idiot race posted:

How many of you guys have 20gb 360s? I want to delete all my old fm3 dlc but im worried that I wont get any of the save transfers.

I deleted everything but my save game files since I only have a 20gb as well. I'd have to imagine as long as the cars are within your profile/save game you'd be fine.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
I pre-ordered a copy of FM4 LCE at best buy but none of the stores in town had the LCE shipped to them so I basically I wasn't going to get even though I pre-ordered it. So i said gently caress it and bought the standard version. Hopefully I don't miss out on too much fun

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Day Man posted:

Congratulations on your time, then, internet victory. :)

You can't change the AI in world tour mode. It gives them upgraded cars to match yours and uses an auto adjusting difficulty scale. If you keep winning, they get better, if you keep losing, they get worse. In other modes, you can select from 4 difficulties and select whether or not they get to use upgraded cars.

Edit: I don't know about the in game credits. I thought you were supposed to get some for that, too.

Ahh ok thanks for that, I'm on season 3 and the AI is STILL terrible and I haven;t had trouble winning so far so I was wondering about that,also sent my request to join lljk so looking forward to some goons rivals mode.

Also wanted to second the Mass Effect/F4 menu music similarities, I dig it. The race music however is atrocious and among the worst I've ever heard in a game so it's all the better the cars all sound so beautiful.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

The driver level 3 reward prize choice was the hardest choice I've ever made in my life.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Fatrick posted:

Yeah. The lobbies seem to be kind of broken for me at the moment. You can kind of get into a lobby, you can talk to each other, but then you get disconnected. Has anyone been able to play a game yet?

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Psycho Society posted:

Yeah. The lobbies seem to be kind of broken for me at the moment. You can kind of get into a lobby, you can talk to each other, but then you get disconnected. Has anyone been able to play a game yet?

I've been playing with about 10 people all night with no issues. Try opening ports?

edit: I take that back... buggy as hell.

Partial Octopus fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 12, 2011

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Minimaul posted:

The driver level 3 reward prize choice was the hardest choice I've ever made in my life.
I'm definitely going with the Alfa since I'm going to buy all those anyways - save me some credits.

My wife is staring at me asking about dinner ideas - I just keep going ummm .. whoops, started another race just let me finish ... this ... one ...more ...

pvax fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 12, 2011

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Minimaul posted:

Is that the one with all those red roadster type cars? If so, I picked the two tone 89 toyota. Why have one color when you can have TWO? I love this drat game.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Idiot race posted:

I deleted all my FM3 DLC, it still transferred the DeLorean I had from the Community Pack, I'd say you're safe.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
I've gone up a few driver levels because of rivals but haven't been able to select my gift car after leveling. What gives? How do I select my free cars?

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
Oh good god my inbox is exploding with LLJK invites, the new mail icon has been flashing for 5 straight minutes :gonk:

I approved a bunch of people whose tags I recognized but my hands are cramped from playing too much, so I'll let the other club running guys sort out the rest. Now get some nice cars in the club garage so we can have a proper collection going, DO IT NOW

AwwJeah posted:

I've gone up a few driver levels because of rivals but haven't been able to select my gift car after leveling. What gives? How do I select my free cars?

Back out of rivals mode and go to the career main menu, the prompt will come up immediately.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

ethanol posted:

Is that the one with all those red roadster type cars? If so, I picked the two tone 89 toyota. Why have one color when you can have TWO? I love this drat game.

It's the 70s RWD cars. bmw 2002, alfa, little nissan thing. i went with the bimmer to get a head start on my affinity. not like it really matters.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

BlazeKinser posted:

Now get some nice cars in the club garage so we can have a proper collection going, DO IT NOW

Stock Spirit-R shared.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have to say again, i love free parts. level 4'd ferrari, took my 458, added some awd, enzo v12, and a couple turbos, 1094hp and 268mph

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Hey, maybe this is a really dumb question, but is there any way to view a replay of a race/lap?

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Fatrick posted:

I had that happen the first several times I tried to join a game, but it seems to be working now.

Also, I discovered that the Gran Turismo "press square for brakes" does not equate to "mash brake trigger all the way in for brakes." Helps you go faster...

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Hey, maybe this is a really dumb question, but is there any way to view a replay of a race/lap?

After a race there's a "save replay" or "watch replay" option. Along with leaderboards, restart, etc.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Holy poo poo this is amazing. In career mode with most assists off you get 145% more credits, plus all the random bonuses. At level 9 I already have free Honda parts, and $200,000. I built a 600HP Civic to try drag racing because it only cost 15,000 forzabucks for the car, why not? Speaking of Drag racing where's the drag racing rivals stuff?

So much more to do in this game, tomorrow will be a longer day at work than today was. :smith:

Game owns, this Fanatec wheel owns.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Someone should put the club tag in the OP.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sunday Punch posted:

Goddamn you delayed Australian release, why couldn't we get 4 early just like 3 :smith:
Yeah, drat that two day wait :(

Sunday Punch posted:

Yeah luckily GAME Australia 1. were still accepting preorders 2. were asking $98 for the LCE 3. had the 1M for the bonus car. It's pretty much the only one I really wanted!
Really? I paid $109 at my GAME store. Fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Minimaul posted:

After a race there's a "save replay" or "watch replay" option. Along with leaderboards, restart, etc.
Hmm. I only see continue, restart, leaderboards, and race results. Is it because I don't have a hard drive? I need to get one to install everything anyway...

• Locked thread