Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

einTier posted:

I asked to join the LLJK club, but although I see members being added, I'm still shut out.

Also, what is the GTCC club, why is it limited to 16 members, and can you only be in one club at a time?

[edit]
And why didn't I get any import credits? ...because I didn't check the messages, that's why. Doh!

Put in a request for lljk again. The whole notification system is kind of obtuse and me or one of the other goons might have accidentally deleted your request instead of accepting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Go, lil' purple dude, go!

The only car I've spent money on (to buy) e28 M5

Forgot to upload the other pictures where you can actually see the car. I'm too tired to do it now.

Havin' a blast with the game though I need to figure out my router and getting rid of that strict NAT. I've tried port forwarding and all kinds of poo poo and it never works right. Might just buy a new one...

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

So, just out of curiosity, none of you guys happen to have a spare 48 hour XBL Gold Trial code lying around, right? Because I would totally appreciate one if so :h:

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

T1g4h posted:

So, just out of curiosity, none of you guys happen to have a spare 48 hour XBL Gold Trial code lying around, right? Because I would totally appreciate one if so :h:

I might have one - if they don't expire that is - its a few years old. Tell me where to send it if you want it.

edit: Sent

pvax fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 12, 2011

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

pvax posted:

I might have one - if they don't expire that is - its a few years old. Tell me where to send it if you want it.

Well, I found a 1 Month code in my copy of GTA4 a few months back that still worked from when I bought it brand new, so I don't think they expire :v:

el.wolf (at) gmail.com

I really do appreciate it, definitely want to try and get in on the car club and do some photo uploading at least :D

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Game has met all my expectations and more.Career mode is a definite improvement, and Online so far has been pretty good.

Once I get used to the game again, I hope to join the club

LunaticAngel
Feb 5, 2006
That random guy in the corner. You know, the one that one that everyone avoids?
Finally got my shipping confirmation from Game UK. Was starting to be a little worried I was going to get shafted like some of you US guys have been. Thankfully I've got a mostly free day on Friday, except starting work at 6pm. That'll be the day when the postman turns up at 3pm.

Can the buttons the controller be rebound freely, or is it a similar way to FM3 where you select a layout, and can swap certain buttons with each other?

Internet Victory
Dec 10, 2005
The future is here. Internet!

Minimaul posted:

Go, lil' purple dude, go!

The only car I've spent money on (to buy) e28 M5

Forgot to upload the other pictures where you can actually see the car. I'm too tired to do it now.

That's so bullshit that those BBS wheels are in the game on that car but they're not an option as a wheel to put on other cars!

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

I said come in! posted:

Is M. Rossi back?

Yes, and this time he brought his obnoxious corner-hogging little cousin J. Russo with him. Yay!

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
I just finished porting one of my FM3 liveries to FM4. The livery editor is definitely unchanged. Nothing new there other than the new community shapes. Also, for cars that existed in FM3, porting liveries will probably be really easy because it doesn't look like the texture coordinate mappings changed much (if at all) for many of them. The Focus RS, for example, still has the same bug it has had for two years where the "Top/Hood" section is centered around the Y=120 coordinate instead of Y=0 like most other cars.

Also, the "Big Shot" photo option is a pain in the rear end. You can only ever have one of them on the FM.net servers at a time, and you can't save them locally, and the upload process is hella slow (even with a decent 5~10 Mbps upload connection it seems like the FM.net servers won't accept data faster than about 0.3~0.5 Mbps), and then the FM.net servers also severely throttle the speed at which you can download the ForzaBigShot.bmp file back from them as well, so basically if you want to take multiple high res screenshots in a session prepare to lose around 10 minutes between each shot due to the bullshit upload and download speed issues.

Anyway, after all that nonsense here is what I added to the LLJK shared garage (it's absolutely nothing new since the one I did for FM3 but I just wanted to test the livery porting pipeline):

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Put in request for LLJK car club.

Souichiro
Aug 31, 2003

You should focus on doing the things only you can do.
Thanks for accepting my request to LLJK from DJ Siren, gladly appreciated. Enjoy a police car.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Q_res posted:

Just bitter about how much the King Cobra sucks. You have no power, why the gently caress won't you hook up? :argh:

I don't see a problem with this. :colbert:

Seriously the King Cobra is so much goddamned fun it should be illegal. Doing the Fujimi Downhill Chase against the Sprinter Trueno coupe (D Class I think) was hilarious, and the same downhills in C Class against the Celica GT-4 made me feel like a loving driving master.

I got some play time in at a farewell party my nerd friends threw for me; there was a moment in the C Class downhill that I apparently yelled "I am a driving god!" before slamming into one of the traffic cars.

tl;dr: if you drive the King Cobra and don't shove the AI out of the way while doing a Hulk Hogan impersonation ("Yeah, brother, taste some AMERICAN MUSCLE") then you are playing this game wrong.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
spent all night making a :toot: decal only to learn halfway through that it was going to be too big for the template. starting on it fresh again tomorrow so hopefully i can have it in the LLJK garage by tomorrow evening.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Protip: if you're playing soccer against hummers, don't choose the Toyota aygo because you think it'll be more nimble/able to get around better. You're just going to end up 10 feet in the air every. loving. Time.

Even still, awesome playing with you guys. Cat and mouse was a ton of fun and I'm looking forward to some awesome racing.

Residency Evil fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Oct 12, 2011

burntloser
Mar 28, 2006

Quilted for her pleasure.
LLJK request sent. GT same as username.

Also still haven't received my 1M preorder code from Best Buy. If it doesn't show up by tonight, I'm gonna head to the store and try to snag an real life one.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.
gently caress I really hope my preorder ships tomorrow, you guys are killing me :(

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

In video reviews i'm hearing people pronounce the game Fort-za.
Is that the correct pronunciation?

Jag you are. not Jag war.

oww dee, not ahh dee.

Por sha, not poor sh.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

ChocNitty posted:

In video reviews i'm hearing people pronounce the game Fort-za.
Is that the correct pronunciation?

Oh God. Don't start this again!

Yes, you are correct http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/forza#Pronunciation

Symphoric
Apr 20, 2005

I've seen every episode of Top Gear multiple times and I still managed to get lost on the track more than once before I finally figured it out.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Symphoric posted:

I've seen every episode of Top Gear multiple times and I still managed to get lost on the track more than once before I finally figured it out.

I'm still trying to figure out the best approach to the first corner and the corner coming off of the long straight into gambon.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
For us UK goons who are wallowing in misery till Friday whilst all you septics get to play the game, is there going to be a UK only Goon club set up?

Also, I hate you all.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I'm really annoyed that career mode forces you to play the gimmicky modes like bowling and with traffic. I wish they gave you a set of choices for each event so I don't have to play that junk to beat career. Guess I'll work on clearing the event list and rivals instead.

GarethIW
Feb 25, 2003

The internet destroyed me, but I forgave it

Brainwrong posted:

For us UK goons who are wallowing in misery till Friday whilst all you septics get to play the game, is there going to be a UK only Goon club set up?

As a Forza newbie, I too would be up for joining a UK/EU Goon car club.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

ColdPie posted:

I'm really annoyed that career mode forces you to play the gimmicky modes like bowling and with traffic. I wish they gave you a set of choices for each event so I don't have to play that junk to beat career. Guess I'll work on clearing the event list and rivals instead.

World Tour mode is just running through the event list one race at a time, so you're going to have to do the gimmicky stuff eventually. To be honest I'm a little disappointed that it's just as pointless as season mode was in FM3, because aside from the world tour credit bonus and achievements there's really no reason to bother with it.

I guess ultimately I don't care much, because racing games like this aren't designed to be "beaten" per se and having much quicker access to tuning/experimenting/just plain dicking around is the part I really wanted, but still they could've mixed it up a little.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

FatboYgw posted:

As a Forza newbie, I too would be up for joining a UK/EU Goon car club.

I think it's going to have to be the case. Timezones are just too far apart to have any sort of regular racing with the US (the GTCC 10PM start equates to a 3AM start for us GMT folk).

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I'm actually liking the career mode (world tour) quite a bit. While I agree that the top gear bowling stuff is pretty stupid, I do really like not having to filter my way through the lists of events to see what race I can do with my car and also I'm loving that I don't have to adjust the difficulty.

I've already lost a few races and I don't really mind all that much, which never would have happened in the last game. My Ford Ka just didn't have the power to hang in the sunset peninsula race early on. It is annoying that the cars are so slow in the corners and the only way around them in a 2 lap race is to bumper car them to death.

The manufacturer affinity is also pretty cool, now I'm specifically driving different brands of cars to get to level 4 so then I can get free parts. The only money I spent so far was to quick-upgrade my miata to C class because I wanted to keep at it and didn't have my level 4 mazda affinity yet.

Credits are reallllllly easy to come by in this game, but I don't think that's a bad thing unless you're a marketplace seller. I'm willing to bet you could make it through your whole career mode (while picking the right cars) and not have to spend a dime ever. Pretty freaking awesome :)

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
How does the free parts thing work? Once you get to level 4 does that mean ALL parts are free on just that car or an ALL cars for that manufacturer?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Brainwrong posted:

How does the free parts thing work? Once you get to level 4 does that mean ALL parts are free on just that car or an ALL cars for that manufacturer?

I think it's all cars from that manufacturer, though since my game time has been limited I've been trying to maximize my racing and play around with the upgrades later.

I'm sure someone else can confirm for sure.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Brainwrong posted:

It's affinity for a particular manufacturer. Once you reach level 4 all parts are free for all cars of that manufacturer. I think engine swaps, induction swaps, and drive line swaps still cost money though.

Edit: I was not interested in the season pass, until I played the game. Take all of my money, just please send more glorious sounding cars.

BlackLaser fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Oct 12, 2011

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

BlackLaser posted:

Edit: I was not interested in the season pass, until I played the game. Take all of my money, just please send more glorious sounding cars.

I got this game for $30 (thanks, amazon credit) and I was still in the same boat. "Oh man, the season pass sounds cool but $30 but some fake cars just ain't worth it." *plays game* "HYEUUUUUUUUUGH take my wallet you bastards, have your way with me now"

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

BlackLaser posted:

It's affinity for a particular manufacturer. Once you reach level 4 all parts are free for all cars of that manufacturer. I think engine swaps, induction swaps, and drive line swaps still cost money though.

Aero parts, wheels and engine/drivetrain/induction swaps are still full cost, everything else will be no charge. When you consider it can cost on average of 70,000 to 100,000 credits to max out everything on a car before the discounts, it's a hell of a deal.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

BlackLaser posted:

That's pretty cool. I suppose that means that after a certain point, the money you make in game is really only going to be spent on new cars rather than being ploughed into loads of parts

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Brainwrong posted:

That's pretty cool. I suppose that means that after a certain point, the money you make in game is really only going to be spent on new cars rather than being ploughed into loads of parts

Yea I think turn 10 planned that exactly. It takes a real dedicated forza nut to grind through countless races to save enough money to buy the crazy expensive cars.

I think this will really help the replay for casual gamers, while the forza purist nuts can still try and reach lvl 150 and other crazy things that will take a lot of time so it seems like the best of both worlds.

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Brainwrong posted:

Yeah a car game, where you don't have to spend several IRL hours to gently caress around with some cars. Strange concept, but I think I like it.

Is there a list of all the badges and what you do to unlock them? I got like three just doing that Top Gear Rival challenge round the ring. The SR8 is a beast.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

BlackLaser posted:

Is there a list of all the badges and what you do to unlock them? I got like three just doing that Top Gear Rival challenge round the ring. The SR8 is a beast.

You can go to the list under My Profile and in the corner of the screen it'll tell you what you need to do to unlock it. A lot of them are pretty easy to get, but some of them are just ridiculous... like the one that requires driving 1,000 miles in a hybrid.

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Ahh thankfully Gamestop just emailed me to confirm my LCE has been shipped, putting an end to my minor 'will it be cancelled' crisis.

See you all on the track on Friday :allears:

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I'll never be kicked out of LLJK because I'm sure they all feel good that they won't ever have to worry about being in last place.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K

BlazeKinser posted:

... like the one that requires driving 1,000 miles in a hybrid.

On any list of game achievements I look at there's always one that makes me say "Yep, never going to get that one."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hreple
Feb 11, 2006
hardly
Yay - just ordered the CSR, CSR-E pedals and CSR shifter.

Apparently Fanatec got them in stock now again. Hopefully they'll ship this week and I'll have it all sometime next week.

All this happened after I screwed around with the demo and the controller. I just could not get it to work at all, but really felt like the x-factor of Forza was turned up to at least 11, making me cringe about not being able to play the game very soon'ish with a decent wheel (after I raped my 911 Turbo S wheel some time ago).

Glad to hear you guys are having fun, and I hope all the euro-goons are ready to do nothing constructive at all on friday. Woop!

• Locked thread