Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Pakled posted:

:buddy: "I knocked down your sandcastle!"

They did at one point turn someone's castle into sand, and then knock it down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
It knocked itself down, thats why it was so good becuase a roll back would just turn the heap of sand back into stone, not rebuild the castle. :goonsay:

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings

Pharnakes posted:

It knocked itself down, thats why it was so good becuase a roll back would just turn the heap of sand back into stone, not rebuild the castle. :goonsay:

They then proceeded to blow it up with TNT.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT
Does anyone who plays Dwarf Fortress remember back when there was a big forum argument over whether or not Dwarves should have to poop? People were suggesting sewer systems, toilet buildings, diarrhea, and all sorts of diseases if the poop wasn't cleaned properly.

I think if you eat too much in Minecraft, you should drop a poop block. You can't craft it into anything, and if you burn it or leave it out in the open too long, it releases floating poo-ghosts, that follow you around and fart on you. People would be forced to dig massive underground tanks to hold all the poop a server would generate, or deal with unkillable farting ghosts.

Great idea, or best idea?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Slappy Moose posted:

Does anyone who plays Dwarf Fortress remember back when there was a big forum argument over whether or not Dwarves should have to poop? People were suggesting sewer systems, toilet buildings, diarrhea, and all sorts of diseases if the poop wasn't cleaned properly.

I think if you eat too much in Minecraft, you should drop a poop block. You can't craft it into anything, and if you burn it or leave it out in the open too long, it releases floating poo-ghosts, that follow you around and fart on you. People would be forced to dig massive underground tanks to hold all the poop a server would generate, or deal with unkillable farting ghosts.

I'm on the case, and I'll charge $2.00 for the manual which tells you how to get rid of the ghosts.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
It would certainly open new ways for building a nerdpole.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Nenonen posted:

It would certainly open new ways for building a nerdpole.
A poopole, if you will!

Pakled posted:

I'm on the case, and I'll charge $2.00 for the manual which tells you how to get rid of the ghosts.
The fart ghosts, you mean.

If it were possible to create your own enemy in Minecraft, and somehow forcibly spawn them in Creative mode, I would never play another game again because I would just create fountains of farting ghosts in every server.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

fineX posted:

I ran a loving cartel with this poo poo.

It is crazy that this worked consistently enough that you could keep doing it for so long.

As a web-dev guy, I'm a bit torn, but I'll go with thanking you for proving to the Habbo folks that emailing people their current password is a stupid idea worth avoiding. It was a simpler time back then!

Bone Storm
Aug 3, 2011

BUY ME BONESTORM
OR GO TO HELL
There's been a lot of stories about griefing bad snipers, so here's a story about griefing by being a really good sniper.

A few years ago I spent a while being unemployed, cracked out on ADD medication and cheap coffee, and killing time with TF2. I got REALLY good as a sniper. I played on sniper-only servers, headshots only, the whole thing. Naturally, people accuse each other of hacking all the time.

This was right around when Valve added Name Tags and Description tags to the game. For non TF2-players, when you get killed in TF2, it shows your killer and says in a small box "[killer name] killed you. They are using [weapon name]" or something like that. Nametags and Description tags allowed you to change the name and description of a weapon to whatever you wanted.

I got a nametag and a description tag, and changed my sniper rifle to:
Name: AIMBOT: ON
Description: Warning, this player is using illegal software. Please report them to Valve immediately.

You would not believe the number of people who took that seriously, started calling me out and taunting me, etc. When I would equip that rifle, people's responses changed from "drat, nice shot" to "SEE, HE'S HACKING!!" After a while on the sniper-only servers it became a commonly known gag, and some people copied it, and no one took it seriously anymore. But when I'd go to regular servers and use it, it caused absurd amounts of rage.

Bone Storm fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 10, 2011

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Slappy Moose posted:

Why wouldn't you be able to craft it into anything? That's dumb. You should be able to craft entire cabins out of the stuff (gives new meaning to log cabin, amirite?) and, perhaps, weaponize it.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Aw christ, the poo-philes from SS13 are spilling over into Minecraft. They won't stop until you can poo poo on Splicers in the next Bioshock.

LordBaxter
Sep 7, 2009

I finally managed to make everybody like me, if only for one day

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Aw christ, the poo-philes from SS13 are spilling over into Minecraft. They won't stop until you can poo poo on Splicers in the next Bioshock.

Stuffing fire extinguishers full of poo was the best worst bug. Most of the time the janitors just gave up and started joining in.

It got better once the mods stated that you were allowed to do whatever you want to people poostinguishing. The chef enjoyed the extra meat at least.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Why wouldn't you be able to craft it into anything? That's dumb. You should be able to craft entire cabins out of the stuff (gives new meaning to log cabin, amirite?) and, perhaps, weaponize it.

The point is that it's useless, but you're forced to create it unless you want to starve to death. You're two choices are to; devote a large portion of your time to digging out septic tanks, or deal with dozens of ghosts that follow you around and fart on you.

I suppose if you really, really wanted, you could craft a 3x3 grid of 64 pooblock stacks into a single fart-ghost pheromone block, similar to the one in Half Life 2. Wherever you place it, fart ghosts congregate. That way you can get rid of all your fart ghosts by hiding it in someone else's house, and letting them deal with all the farting specters. Hire me, Notch.

Slappy Moose fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 11, 2011

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

Slappy Moose posted:

The point is that it's useless, but you're forced to create it unless you want to starve to death. You're two choices are to; devote a large portion of your time to digging out septic tanks, or deal with dozens of ghosts that follow you around and fart on you.

I suppose if you really, really wanted, you could craft a 3x3 grid of 64 pooblock stacks into a single fart-ghost pheromone block, similar to the one in Half Life 2. Wherever you place it, fart ghosts congregate. That way you can get rid of all your fart ghosts by hiding it in someone else's house, and letting them deal with all the farting specters. Hire me, Notch.

God, I love your ideas more and more.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
Why the hell would you want to make septic tanks? Farting ghosts all day everyday. :haw:

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

President Ark posted:

Why the hell would you want to make septic tanks? Farting ghosts all day everyday. :haw:

Well, maybe the farting ghosts like to steal your things from your backpack/chests and hide them in the piles of poop you have laying around. Then you have to go wade through all your poo poo, while dozens of tiny ghosts float around and fart on you, trying to find your pickaxe or (god forbid) your bacon and bread.

Hell, fart ghosts could even blind you if they fart in your eyes enough. I hear that undead flatulence is what they used in World War 1, before they discovered mustard gas.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Slappy Moose posted:

Yeah, good luck building a poo poo-pad that dense. Block-poo poo doesn't have the structural integrity to withstand that much pressure. You try to compress that much poo poo into a square meter and you'll open up a gateway to another dimension.

A poo poo dimension.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Slappy Moose posted:

Well, maybe the farting ghosts like to steal your things from your backpack/chests and hide them in the piles of poop you have laying around. Then you have to go wade through all your poo poo, while dozens of tiny ghosts float around and fart on you, trying to find your pickaxe or (god forbid) your bacon and bread.

Hell, fart ghosts could even blind you if they fart in your eyes enough. I hear that undead flatulence is what they used in World War 1, before they discovered mustard gas.

Who the gently caress cares? I'd just follow around the people who are sperging out building piston mazes or whatever-the-gently caress annoying them with my litany of farting ghosts while watching netflix movies or some poo poo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I know I'd laugh if someone walked into my (video game) house, stared at me, then took a 1m² poo poo on the floor then fart ghosts come out.

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT
If you died under a poop avalanche, you would also become a fart ghost. You can fly, go through walls, you can't be killed, hitting the sneak key farts, and you can only pick up and place one single block at a time. All of your text chat is converted into poot noises.

There is no way to cure farghostitus, except by turning other people into fart ghosts. For every person you kill with poop, you get to become human for one in-game day.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Ten years as a fart ghost, one day as a man. That's the rules.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, good luck building a poo poo-pad that dense. Block-poo poo doesn't have the structural integrity to withstand that much pressure. You try to compress that much poo poo into a square meter and you'll open up a gateway to another dimension.

A poo poo dimension.

A... poo poo dimension, Mr. Lahey?!

Hoekie
Apr 22, 2010
Don't know if this has been posted but I lose it every time.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=rNjhby5fKdI

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Hoekie posted:

Swing and a miss. (That just goes to the default mobile youtube page).

e: here you go: http://youtu.be/rNjhby5fKdI

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Why did this thread turn into fantasy land for coprohiles? :frogout:

Slappy Moose
Jan 23, 2010

THE FILTHY IMMIGRANT

-Troika- posted:

What a coprophile? Someone who thinks fart ghosts are hot?

Because I'm one of those. I'd rape the poo poo out of a fart ghost if I could catch one. The way they slowly float around, farting... oooh baby.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!

Hoekie posted:

This guy acts like a retard and people laugh at him. Is this griefing?

Artemis J Brassnuts
Jan 2, 2009
I regret😢 to inform📢 I am the most sexually🍆 vanilla 🍦straight 📏 dude😰 on the planet🌎

-Troika- posted:

Well, the SS13 thread has slowed down, so they had to go SOMEWHERE.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The people who obsess over poo poo in SS13 are just as creepy and wierd to me as the MLP folks that were run off the forums.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
MLP people were run off the forums? Since when?

Fake edit: thank god.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Burglar posted:

MLP people were run off the forums? Since when?

Fake edit: thank god.

Not specifically, but all the MLP threads were gassed, a bunch of people who whined about it were banned, and they mostly migrated to some offsite forum which they buy banner ads for.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2338

The FYAD thread linked therein is pretty good and I highly recommend it!

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

-Troika- posted:

Not specifically, but all the MLP threads were gassed, a bunch of people who whined about it were banned, and they mostly migrated to some offsite forum which they buy banner ads for.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2338

The FYAD thread linked therein is pretty good and I highly recommend it!
Actually, FYADDers buy those banners and then link them to TFR threads and Australian Politics.

Islamic Joe
Sep 28, 2007
I like to join CS servers filled with morons and play "see how many times I can get called a terrorist"
I'm reading this thread from around the beginning, at page 131 right now, is there still a Steam group for griefing Trouble in Terrorist Town? i've been doing that forever solo but i imagine it'd be more fun with more people

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

Stuntman posted:

Actually, FYADDers buy those banners and then link them to TFR threads and Australian Politics.

No we don't. I think its former LF losers who are trolling TFR, which is actually pretty funny

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
There's nothing like old school MU*s for griefing.

My home MUD for several years was a PK focused RoT called "Devil's Silence". The griefing in that game reached epic proportions.

Firstly, there's only one safe room in the entire game, everywhere else you're cattle to be slaughtered. Also, when you invariably die, the victor gets to loot 7 pieces of equipment from you, including cash, and not limited to quest items that take several weeks to acquire with focused questing.

Oh, you could restring your quest equipment so that it didn't read "SHINY BREASTPLATE OF AWESOME", but it still had a big loving green Q on the flag bar like [...Q...] that said LOOT ME!

Also, after you kill someone, if you were unfortunate enough to have one of your vital organs spill onto the floor, someone could pick it up and transform it into a voodoo doll, and with the "voodoo toss" command, they could fling you out of the safe room into the jaws of 5 or 6 people who wanted to kill you. There was no limit to how many people could attack you at once.

Usually when you died, you'd lose the standard 7 pieces of equipment, and the person who killed you would be kind enough to put them on the auction block for you at 50 platinum coins a piece, and usually their clan buddies would bid it up on you.

Finally, there were "portal" and "nexus" spells that let you create gates to monsters and players in the world. So, the best thing to do was to teleport around the world randomly until you landed in someones clan hall, then summon another monster in, then create a nexus to it, a two way gate.

#1, it lets you just waltz in and kill people who think they're safe in their clan headquarters.

#2, if any dope gets curious about where it leads and enters it, you have the other end go to a no exit room, once you start attacking them, they literally can't flee and can't recall, so they have to just DIE.

I literally got 8-on-1'd before, that was a rage quit, just stand up after you respawn, yell gently caress THIS GAME, and type "delete delete". Only to start over a few days later...

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...
How to grief in Cosmic Break:

Create a fresh robot from scrap parts. Make sure no parts have any special abilities. Equip two shields. No weapons. Bonus points if the shields prohibit jumping. Color the robot rainbow and slap peace signs on the shields. Enter a match and exposit the values of peaceful solutions to conflicts. Still get a higher score than half the players (And thus consistently stay in the matches for as long as possible).

"THREAT DETECTED. ENGAGING IN NON-VIOLENT CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE."

Miijhal fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Oct 23, 2011

MrLister
Sep 15, 2007
No killing, no death, no torture, no penis, no vagina
Another UO story of many because I just found the screen shots, which end with a very irate player throwing a staff on the ground and telling me to "stick that up my rear end".

Backstory is that I made a thief that was a bit odd. Normal characters had 7 skills they maxxed to 100. This character was thief based but meant to be able to kill those that attacked him after he stole from them. This build allowed me to kill 75% of the server players they attacked me for stealing but if a real pvp guy wanted me dead I would have taken a dirt nap in short order. I think he had like 700 skill points spent over 10 skills but also used a Deadly Poisoned kryss and a bit of magery which were my trump cards. This didnt start out as a griefing chracter, just more of something to have fun with when i got bored of playing those normal 7x hally mages that just found itself in griefable situations all the time. And i never attacked anyone that didnt attack me first (for stealing their poo poo). Most of the time it was the normal I kill them or they kill me or one of us runs and hides.
But occasionally you get people that just dont quit. And this is where the grief happens. Like this poor soul. He was so angry and it was all of his own doing. It started with me stealing some of his magic reagents while he was trying to buy supplies off vendors. Keep in mind I tried to dress like as much of a noobie as was possible so people just thought i was some dumb bank thief with no means of fighting back (displayed in the screen shots).
I steal this dudes reg's. Cue him getting angry and attacking me. I let him do his mana dumb. Heal up. Then go on the offensive. Deadly Poisoned Gm Kryss while still stealing more regs so he cant recall out, cast heal or do any direct damage spells. If I really need to I can Paralyze or throw an ebolt with moderate damage. I kill him and loot him. So far no real greifing just standard game.

Then he comes back fully armed to fight me. We fight. He dies. Repeat this about 3 more times in which he dies brutally and quickly every time. All the while getting angrier and angrier. I see him at the minoc bank a few minutes later and i can hear his voice in my head as he types. I am going to be one in the middle of the shot with the cape and hat and short spear on looking ridiculous. This angry man will be the one typing to me. Pics Commense.

This was on IPY before it shutdown. Now it is back up as ipy2 and I encourage any players to try it out. There are a few odd things but they can be worked around. If you log on and need help try to find Wack,MrLister,Souless, and Raelin Exmortis and we will do our best to help you. Or hit me up at mrlister@gmail.com. We just started a few days ago and its already so much fun.

I have many many other stories. Some are instances of those already talked about in this thread. Best game ever. Even as a newbie character this game is so much fun.

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
So, you killed a guy a coople of times?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!
"Stick that up your rear end" is genius. Ah I love UO. I even have a character on IPY2 but I never play it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

If you're playing Battlefield 3, put a flashlight on your gun and run around shining it in your teammates eyes.

For reference, this is what it will look like:

• Locked thread