Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Cactachair posted:

Seriously, guys. Why do you have to drive so fast this close to the special needs school? We have like 6 short buses full of tards to be delivered home safely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYvWFg7rsE

There's more, but apparently you can only save up to 30 seconds max per video, and we had some big gaps between really entertaining moments.

You at least have to get a clip of the rolling roadblock we had going on lap 2. I think we had at least a good three or four pubbies stuck behind us going up to the straightaway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnees
Aug 28, 2008

Ow.

Ether Frenzy posted:

So Best Buy charged me $8.44 to send me some terrible stupid Forza 4 fuzzy dice that I didn't want. Because they cancelled my LCE on launch day and had already shipped the dice, suddenly I'm responsible for the charges on the "Free" giveaway.

gently caress best buy forever is what I'm saying.

They also never sent me my 1M code.

Call up customer support with your order number, I was able to get my LCE switched to instore pickup with no hassle. As for the 1M code, look for an email with the subject "Redeem your Xbox Live digital product"

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
I cannot wait until I pick this fucker up.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

MustardFacial posted:

Oh god this.

Pontiac 6000
Jeep Cherokee
Dodge Aries K
Pontiac Sunbird
beat to hell Mazda B2200
Volvo 740 wagon
Chevy Chevette
Pontiac Firefly
Geo Tracker

hell yeah, I'd buy that pack in a heartbeat

I would buy this just for the 6000 and Firefly.

Why don't they just make a "lovely Pontiac Pack"... Too much selection?

I'd also love a 90's Buick Station Wagon.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Will I get banned from xbl for putting this licence plate on every car i own?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can get suspended if you take it online and someone reports it.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

I said come in! posted:

You can get suspended if you take it online and someone reports it.

I used DickButt pretty regularly without a problem.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

PopeOnARope posted:

I used DickButt pretty regularly without a problem.

It mostly comes down to whether you intend to a) race pubbies or b) take pictures of your car. Doing either will run the risk of getting flagged if someone feels like being a douchebag.

I doubt anyone in a goon lobby would give a poo poo unless you're also acting like a jerk to everyone.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
I just spent about 45 racing the Top Gear starter car open rival event, and broke into the top %3 in the world with a profit of about 500k CR just from bounties. It's half a lap on the top gear track, with a lap time of about 47 seconds. Anyone I've raced with can tell you I'm no good, so even if you have just a little bit of talent, you can make some very easy money upgrading an F class car (go Chevy Spark!) and trying it out.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Man, is it just me or did T10 nerf AWD cards really loving harshly? I just built my S204 up to A600 and tried to do some World Tour races with it and was positively getting massacred. Same with my Skyline R33, I just could not keep up and was getting outcornered by loving Vipers and Corvettes. It almost seems like they went a bit overboard trying to curb cheater cars and now AWDs are almost not worth it.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

T1g4h posted:

Man, is it just me or did T10 nerf AWD cards really loving harshly? I just built my S204 up to A600 and tried to do some World Tour races with it and was positively getting massacred. Same with my Skyline R33, I just could not keep up and was getting outcornered by loving Vipers and Corvettes. It almost seems like they went a bit overboard trying to curb cheater cars and now AWDs are almost not worth it.

New model vipers and corvettes corner well. I have done well with AWD cars, they just aren't a magic win button anymore.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

AWD still gets ridiculous launches and are really forgiving on corner exit, so they aren't completely out of the game.

It's gonna take a week or two for everyone to figure out the mechanics, and we'll start to see "cheater cars" again.. it's an inevitability.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

xzzy posted:

AWD still gets ridiculous launches and are really forgiving on corner exit, so they aren't completely out of the game.

It's gonna take a week or two for everyone to figure out the mechanics, and we'll start to see "cheater cars" again.. it's an inevitability.

I think they get at least a hundred pi "penalty" for launching so quick and being ridiculously easy to recover. Silverstone especially, since it's so easy to eat poo poo on the majority of the corners, can be dominated until the back straight.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Idiot race posted:

Will I get banned from xbl for putting this licence plate on every car i own?

Back in Forza 3 I had "How's my driving? Dial 1-800-EAT poo poo" on the back of a bunch of my cars and never got in trouble for it.

Ruff
Aug 24, 2007

I applied to GISH yesterday it is still pending, GT is PenguinBC.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Good lord the 908 Sport Total cockpit view is like looking out of a drinking straw. I hope the rest of the prototypes aren't this bad...

This is from Autovista and it's hardly any better in an actual race.

sandoz fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Oct 14, 2011

Cragz
Jun 16, 2005
Too orangey for crows!
Requesting an invite to the Euro/GMT based club!

I'm pretty terrible with a pad and have a Fanatec CSR on the way to be extra terrible but I'm always up for some goon-related fun.

Gamertag: Craggeh

BUY ME A CAT
Oct 18, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
The commemorative Dale Earnhardt Ford Ka is in the LLJK garage. Make sure to have a moment of silence in the lobby before smashing it with the school bus Hummer.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Ruff posted:

I applied to GISH yesterday it is still pending, GT is PenguinBC.
I just added anyone who requested. Jersey guy is also listed as a leader so he can approve people too. Ill be back on later when my kids are down.

Ruff
Aug 24, 2007

AFewBricksShy posted:

I just added anyone who requested. Jersey guy is also listed as a leader so he can approve people too. Ill be back on later when my kids are down.

oh man we only have 7 people in GISH. Anyone who did not get into LLJK because of the 100 member limit should apply to GISH.

Also, we should put club information in the op for people new to the thread so they know where to apply.

SP can you add club info to the op? Or maybe to the reserved post.

Cactachair
Nov 25, 2007

BUY ME A CAT posted:

The commemorative Dale Earnhardt Ford Ka is in the LLJK garage. Make sure to have a moment of silence in the lobby before smashing it with the school bus Hummer.

Does it have a GIT R DONE bumper sticker?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

I may have taken this turn a bit fast...

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Had some awesome races with SAEG and LLJK. Spec racing is definitely the way to go right now as many people don't have a tuned car for each class yet. We had 12 BMW 2002 Turbos on Hockenheim, MX5s on Laguna Seca and Stock Cars on Indianapolis.

Also those Hummer H1s are stupid huge, overtaking one of them in a VW Rabbit had me fearing for my life.

Also also, if you can't connect to a lobby then make sure you have an open NAT. That's pretty important.

e: Also also also also, to all you in and soon to be in SAEG. I'm gonna host a lobby on Saturday for us at about 6/7pm. Maybe earlier depending on how bored I am. Either way I'm hoping to get some good clean racing going on (don't worry about making cars, we'll just spec it for now) and maybe a couple games of football if the mood takes us. If it goes well then we'll plop it as our regular SAEG race night.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Oct 14, 2011

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

Jarf posted:

Also also, if you can't connect to a lobby then make sure you have an open NAT. That's pretty important.

Oh, I can connect, now. But I can't stay connected. My connection drops every few minutes now. Awesome. I'm going to dick with it some more tonight. If I can't get that poo poo to work I will murder small children... Or just whine a bunch.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'll be applying here soon, with GT avmachine

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Captain Hair posted:

Oh yeah, baby. Think I need to work on the eyebrows some more, but goddamn.

gently caress YEAH :911:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
Is there any way to turn on the headlights in this game? I want to use the cockpit instrument cluster instead of the HUD but it's often too dark to see what's going on at a glance.

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.
After a productive night of tinkering with routers I'm pretty sure poo poo Works now, so I'll be ready for some SAEG-based goon antics from tomorrow on. Sorry for the invite spam, Jarf!

I'm going to try as little assists as possible from the start so if you're anywhere near me on the track expect exciting things.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

sandoz posted:

Good lord the 908 Sport Total cockpit view is like looking out of a drinking straw. I hope the rest of the prototypes aren't this bad...

This is from Autovista and it's hardly any better in an actual race.

It's no wonder two Audi drivers got into horrific crashes at this years 24 hours of Le Mans. They can't see poo poo and their drivers weren't use to these sort of closed cockpit race cars that are doing 200+ mph most of the time on the track.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

Is there any way to turn on the headlights in this game? I want to use the cockpit instrument cluster instead of the HUD but it's often too dark to see what's going on at a glance.

I don't think so. But I'm pretty sure that the dashboard lights in cars get darker when you turn on the headlights.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Apologies for those who had to race against my Fairlane Thunderbolt. It's setup for drag racing and won't turn for poo poo. But on the plus side you can sometimes pull wheelies coming out of corners, and I've been told it looks awesome when you get on the brakes.

It's in the club garage.

Ruff
Aug 24, 2007

So is there a reason why people are buying cars on the auction house for more than they cost to just buy them in career mode? A lot of them are just stock... I've made a few thousand just buying that cheap GMC truck and listing it.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me
Is my perception skewed or are some of the tracks wider than they really are? Nurburgring especially, I don't recall it being so wide in pictures I've seen and from GT5 and Shift 2.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Ruff posted:

So is there a reason why people are buying cars on the auction house for more than they cost to just buy them in career mode? A lot of them are just stock... I think i've made a few thousand just buying that cheap GMC truck and listing it.

There are badges/titles for spending and earning certain amounts from the auction house, so it's mostly just achievement whoring.

DiabloStarCraft
Oct 12, 2006

What is there in this world that makes living worthwhile?"

CATS. CATS ARE NICE
🐱🐱🐱💀🐱🐱🐱

Falken posted:

Attention!

Anyone who wants into the SA Eurogruppen club please give me your gamertag. I think there's alot of plebs trying to get in.

Hey, I'd like to join. Gamertag Gunrun247. Applied to join SAEG.
Edit: Apparently its invite only.

By the way, who's a good manufacturer starting off, to abuse the 100% discount on manufacturers? I am doing Nissan right now.

DiabloStarCraft fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 14, 2011

Threash
May 18, 2003
I can't seem to connect to anyone that invites me to a game today. I connected fine last night to a few club games but no luck today. Anyone else having any issues?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
I'll host LLJK again tonight, wide open 40mbps fttc and I actually have a mic and listen to what people want. But I'm not staying past midnight mountain time, I slept through my alarm this morning because you fuckers kept saying "1 more race" until 230.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Threash posted:

I can't seem to connect to anyone that invites me to a game today. I connected fine last night to a few club games but no luck today. Anyone else having any issues?

Yeah, it's been flaky for me as well. Didn't have any trouble earlier this afternoon, I think it might be Forza's servers being hammered.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Partial Octopus posted:

I don't think so. But I'm pretty sure that the dashboard lights in cars get darker when you turn on the headlights.

The dashboard lights turn on with the headlights in every car I've been in. Also, no, you can't turn on the headlights in forza.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.

BlazeKinser posted:

Yeah, it's been flaky for me as well. Didn't have any trouble earlier this afternoon, I think it might be Forza's servers being hammered.

Haha wow and I thought it was just me. Oh well. At least I know my router inside out now, should the need for this ever arise in future. I imagine this weekend is going to be a nightmare for unstable servers and the like, too.

• Locked thread