Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruff
Aug 24, 2007

shodanjr_gr posted:

Do they start handing out free cars as affinity rewards at any point?

No, everything I've heard it's just money bonuses from level 5 to 50. Might as well just get to level 4 in every manufacturer you think you will ever upgrade cars in first. Takes only like 15 minutes to get level 4 affinity and free upgrades for that manufactuer.

Ruff fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Oct 14, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nounverber
Jan 8, 2005
Sent in a join request for GISH as gamertag Nounverber2885

Totally digging online racing except for that first turn :ohdear:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

[LLJK] guys, had some amazingly fun races tonight. I shared my C423 '69 Fairlady Z with the club, you guys should take it for a spin and see what you think. It's Logue approved, so that's worth something, right? :haw:

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I know this isn't the "where is my copy" thread. Just wanted to say that I pre-ordered from Dell on 10/2 and my LCE order is still in limbo. I suspect I'll either get one next week or be poo poo out of luck and have to get the standard version.

I only bring this up because I am missing out on joining clubs while I am waiting to see how this is resolved. Thank you to all the goons who friended me during the demo. I'll report back when I know something about when I'll actually own the game.

Please keep posting screens and stuff, I will have to live vicariously through you all until this unfortunate matter is resolved.

GT: Captain Howdy 0

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ruff posted:

No, everything I've heard it's just money bonuses from level 5 to 50. Might as well just get to level 4 in every manufacturer you think you will ever upgrade cars in first. Takes only like 15 minutes to get level 4 affinity and free upgrades for that manufactuer.

not only that, but it seems to max out at 75 grand a level, and the levels get painfully hard to reach.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

goons playing forza 4.wmv

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
I don't know how they managed it but Turn10 hosed up the vinyl editor. Vinyls now have an ugly border around them that makes masking anything off look terrible.

This really sucks :(

Logue
Nov 16, 2005
I think I got my video games confused:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Logue posted:

Did you make that? :D

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

Bentai posted:

Did you make that? :D

I purchased the Fujiwara Tofu sticker from the market, then I made the rest.

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Sunday Punch posted:

I don't know how they managed it but Turn10 hosed up the vinyl editor. Vinyls now have an ugly border around them that makes masking anything off look terrible.

After starting to recreate my Bilstein/Sirius livery for the Aston V12 I noticed that same thing too, a trick I've found out is that if you cover each section of the car completely with a body color vinyl layer it doesn't do the lines anymore. Really baffling how badly T10 hosed that up. Also Sunday do you take requests for custom liveries/logos? I have an idea but not the vision so I'm wanting to pass it off on someone who knows their stuff.

Also anybody know what the first patch was for by the way?

Eligor
Sep 29, 2005
I love to vacuum

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

From http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/thread/4875997.aspx

· Various track visual upgrades

· Various UI improvements

· Fixed Rivals Track Day exploit where users can gain advantage by forcibly pitting AI cars

· Fixed Drag leaderboard exploit that gave players time advantage by loading tuning file (To coincide with this fix, we will be wiping the drag leaderboards in the near future)

· Fixed issue where importing a Forza 3 profile does not award credits to Xbox LIVE Silver members

· Fixed issue where some livery editor layers were appearing as corrupted when importing from Forza 3

We continue to monitor for gameplay issues, and are investigating a number of these--including a few related to the 900-degree wheel--for a future title update.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Went on a vinyl buying spree tonight. Lot of good stuff tagged LLJK. :D

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Also Sunday do you take requests for custom liveries/logos? I have an idea but not the vision so I'm wanting to pass it off on someone who knows their stuff.

Sure, what have you got in mind?

Fruitbat
Sep 30, 2004
Jarf Pls invite me to eurogrupen again as im in now.

I swear to zombie jeebus that they cut/pasted the A.I. from burnout revenge into this game, Why would you break hard and pull right on a gentle left hand bend?
I there a bonus for clean laps in career mode? because im really struggling to even place when i try to dodge the crazy AI antics.

Also the music sounds like it was writen by a retarded monkey with a fisher-price My first keyboard.

Other than that great game :)

Edit: I should post more it makes my next lap magicaly clean and full of win

Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Oct 14, 2011

alr
May 14, 2009
Really enjoying the new tracks, even though I wasn't that excited for them when they were announced. Hockenheim is suprisingly good to race on, moreso at sunrise. Infineon is fun. Nurburgring GP track is very good, wishing I hadn't skimped on this in Forza 3. Lots of new cars for me, too, since I never bought a DLC car pack in 3. Only really had a look at a bit of everything so far, but I can see that Rivals is where most of my time is going to be spent, that poo poo is addictive.

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Just got this is the no way to set clutch to A and shifting to B and X on the controller?

hreple
Feb 11, 2006
hardly
Any of you without the cash-income-problem when running a fanatec-wheel? I'm just curious about having to run this game in 210 degrees wheel-mode until a proper fix, or if it's just bad luck for some ...

Also, any thoughts on the best way to install / transfer the old profile?

I'm rank 30 or so in Forza 3 (can't quite remember, I seem to have thrown away the game-disk). Anyhow, being a proud owner of a very early production xbox with a tiny disk, should I delete Forza 3 before I install 4, or wait until I can somehow port over the profile? Haven't really seen any how-to on this. I'm sure I can't install Forza 4 as it is now, because 80% of the disk is used by Forza 3.

alr
May 14, 2009

Ghetto Blaster posted:

Just got this is the no way to set clutch to A and shifting to B and X on the controller?

Yeah, in the controller menu find "Switch handbrake and clutch". It's not a separate setup.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

There's a nissan unicorn on the auction house with 105 bids going for 221 million credits. That's not good.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008
Hell yes, my CSR wheel just got delivered to work :D

Can't wait till I get home to hook this mofo up. This weekend the rest of 2011 won't be very productive for me I fear.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity
Just got this, as the Forza -serie has been the only enjoyable driving-franchise since Gran Turismo 4. Feel free to add me to your friends, although I have to warn you that I am a) a terrible driver in general, and b) play with a controller ( for the time being ). My gamertag is Artieficial.

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."
If the SAEG group aren't too fussy about average players racing with them could I get an invite?

GT is LENN0

edit: also this game is amazing

Fake Name fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Oct 14, 2011

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

So glad I went with the 037. Shared in the GTCC clubroom

Everyone needs to go do the Top Gear rivals challenge with the Radical on the 'Ring. It's so much fun!

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

Falken posted:

Attention!

Anyone who wants into the SA Eurogruppen club please give me your gamertag. I think there's alot of plebs trying to get in.

Hello, sorry bit late on this, hope it's not full - I'm BFCandyf

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Sunday Punch posted:

Everyone needs to go do the Top Gear rivals challenge with the Radical on the 'Ring. It's so much fun!

Just bought the game and did this, it's loving scary without assists the sense of speed is awesome.

I do need more friends to take on as rivals now.

GT: Tommy SA

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.
2 hours in and I love the AI / difficulty. I'm actually having close races, on at least 3 occasions it's come down to the last corner of the last lap.

Haak
Sep 13, 2004

Dammit, not again.
Game (UK) preorders crew, I just got an email for the pre-order bonus car code. I know some people were confused that they only got the other 3 codes with the game.

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.
just another brief clip from yesterday evening. the composure of our start and first corner was quite impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2cZm9hhfus

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just spend about a million credits on 23 cars from the auction house and increased my garage value by at least 4 million. The value has been destroyed on pretty much every prize car up to level 30 in there, which is a bonus for collectors.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Sunday Punch posted:

I did that yesterday, because I love the ring, but getting a clean lap is such a pain. Everytime you gently caress up it's 7 minutes down the drain. My best clean lap is still one from a standing start, and even there I got progressively more cautious and slower towards the end.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Just picked this up during lunch and right now I'm just waiting for this damned conference call to end so I can have a go. Working from home has benefits at times.

I also got a hat with my preorder:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Haak posted:

Game (UK) preorders crew, I just got an email for the pre-order bonus car code. I know some people were confused that they only got the other 3 codes with the game.

I checked this morning but nothing, i'll have to check later if i've got mine.

I didnt realise the 037 was rwd, for some reason I thought it was AWD, but im getting it confused with the delta s4. God I would love the delta S4 in forza, such an utterly mental car.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Brainwrong posted:

2 hours in and I love the AI / difficulty. I'm actually having close races, on at least 3 occasions it's come down to the last corner of the last lap.

Really? So far in my career mode the AI has been as dumb as a box of hammers, and there doesn't seem to be a setting in the Difficulty menu to make them harder/smarter.

Sunday Punch posted:

So glad I went with the 037. Shared in the GTCC clubroom

I might line that up with you some time on the weekend

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Kashwashwa posted:

just another brief clip from yesterday evening. the composure of our start and first corner was quite impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2cZm9hhfus

Another note regarding that video. If you happen to be driving an RX-7 because you don't have an upgraded Hummer, make sure you do your passing quickly. Otherwise you may end up being smashed into a wall and the Hummers will learn that smashing in to you causes them no damage and pretty much no slowdown either.

You Am I posted:

Really? So far in my career mode the AI has been as dumb as a box of hammers, and there doesn't seem to be a setting in the Difficulty menu to make them harder/smarter.

I was doing pretty well with my racing, but the AI got a jump on me when I switched to the b class cars. My lines need to be very clean now to win the races.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Idiot race posted:

I checked this morning but nothing, i'll have to check later if i've got mine.

I didnt realise the 037 was rwd, for some reason I thought it was AWD, but im getting it confused with the delta s4. God I would love the delta S4 in forza, such an utterly mental car.

Got the preorder code about an hour ago. No sign of the game itself, though.

loving hate all of you.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

Logue posted:

Initial D nerd chiming in. :3:

ROOMBA floorvac fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 14, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Sunday Punch posted:

That was also in Forza 2 & 3. What you do to get rid of it is put a big square on the 1st layer that has your base colour and use that as a background. Voila, no more borders.

Just sent out a couple more invites for SAEG. If anybody is still wanting in then leave me a message or contact Falken (Kal Reegar). I'll be back online around 9pm for some racing!

Jarf fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 14, 2011

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I pretty much fully upgraded a focus zetec and its like driving with all the assists on.

I was gonna share it with the LLJK group but didn't get around to it yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gentleman Blogger
Sep 19, 2003

directions make no sense in the grand scheme of things.

Cactachair posted:

Seriously, guys. Why do you have to drive so fast this close to the special needs school? We have like 6 short buses full of tards to be delivered home safely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYvWFg7rsE

There's more, but apparently you can only save up to 30 seconds max per video, and we had some big gaps between really entertaining moments.

I was in one of those buses. I'VE BEEN DRINKING ON THE JOB AGAIN! Also, ~20mph in goonbus swarm is good times.

• Locked thread