Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redhalo
May 19, 2009

Teeter posted:

Look what you've done, Forza. You had to go and throw money at me to the point where I didn't know what to do with it and now look what happened.

e: on a related note, stage 3 weight reduction for the Hummer takes off 2k+ lbs. It's like I've removed an entire car from this behemoth.

e2: Like a boss

Hey thar. I do believe that's my vinyl you purchased. Incidently, I've only sold one like literaly a minute after I posted it. Small world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sunday Punch posted:

So glad I went with the 037. Shared in the GTCC clubroom

Everyone needs to go do the Top Gear rivals challenge with the Radical on the 'Ring. It's so much fun!

I love that vinyl a lot. :shlick:

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Got the preorder code about an hour ago. No sign of the game itself, though.

loving hate all of you.
I feel your pain buddy :smith:

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

I said come in! posted:

I love that vinyl a lot. :shlick:

Well it's on my storefront so it's available to anyone that wants it!

Fake Name
Mar 6, 2009

"Han Solo, ha. If I'm around, you don't need that guy."

F200 Datsun supremacy :D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sunday Punch posted:

Well it's on my storefront so it's available to anyone that wants it!

It's gonna be the first vinyl I buy when I can finally get this game. Next month probably.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!
So I was doing some research on the Charger Daytona while trying to build mine to be as close to NASCAR spec as possible, and I came across something rather interesting...

quote:

By 1968, the advantage previously enjoyed by Chrysler’s Hemi in NASCAR had been virtually eclipsed by its competitors. Ford had answered the more aerodynamic Charger 500 with its own slippery versions of the Torino and Mercury Cyclone, so Dodge pulled out all the stops and unleashed the wild, winged Daytona. With its pointed front nose and high rear wing, the Daytona put Mopar back at the front of the grid, and the Aero Wars were under way.

After almost two years of domination by just two manufacturers, NASCAR founder and President Bill France let it be known that the winged cars would be subjected to severe displacement limitations, and most car owners immediately abandoned them, with one significant holdout: a young rebel named Mario Rossi.

Well I'll be damned. :stare:

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Can I have an invite to SAEG please? GT is TehBaggins, I should have Jarf and Falken already on my friends list.

Prettyplease? I promise to try and not gently caress you guys over in T1 every race...

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I was wondering:

Last night we were in some stupid race with like 75% of power taken away, all driving nissans.

I was in first place by a loving mile but it awarded me for fourth place (AND A DNF). Anyone know why?

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Time Limit?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Baggins posted:

Can I have an invite to SAEG please? GT is TehBaggins, I should have Jarf and Falken already on my friends list.

Prettyplease? I promise to try and not gently caress you guys over in T1 every race...

Apologies but I'm not going to be able to accept any SAEG requests until I get home at ~9pm tonight. Give Falken a shout if he's online.

If he's not about then I will sort you out as soon as I possibly can.

Guntrip
Mar 14, 2006
Is anyone else getting occasional pops and clicks in the audio during races and replays? I don't think I've seen anyone mention it.

I don't think it was happening in the demo and no other game (including Forza 3) seems to do it. It's more obvious now that I turned off the music. I'm using HDMI but with audio via optical to a Z-5500 speaker set - is it likely to be my set-up?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

BlazeKinser posted:

So I was doing some research on the Charger Daytona while trying to build mine to be as close to NASCAR spec as possible, and I came across something rather interesting...

Well I'll be damned. :stare:

So M. Rossi is what, about 65 years old?

That would explain quite a lot why he drives like that.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Here's my latest addition to the (increasingly overcrowded) LLJK club garage.

It's also my first time doing any sort of tuning so tell me how she rides!

Also it's hysterical that the most driven car in our garage is that R3 Ka. I gave it a spin and Jesus I think it has jelly for suspension.

After the weekend is over the club owner (shogunner?) should probably clear out whatever hasn't been driven in the last few days.

PeppysDilz
Oct 9, 2011

Fake Name posted:

F200 Datsun supremacy :D

Good man, the Datsun 510 and the Elan seem to be the only fun cars still in F class. E class is the new F class.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

AwwJeah posted:

After the weekend is over the club owner (shogunner?) should probably clear out whatever hasn't been driven in the last few days.
I don't think club garaged cars can be removed by anyone but the person who put them in. Otherwise I would've cleaned house a while ago.

Sprat Sandwich posted:

So M. Rossi is what, about 65 years old?

That would explain quite a lot why he drives like that.
He's getting cranky in his old age.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!

BlazeKinser posted:

I don't think club garaged cars can be removed by anyone but the person who put them in. Otherwise I would've cleaned house a while ago.

That's actually a little strange but understandable I guess. I did everyone a favor and cleared out a couple of things I was using to test the water when the game launched.

Sex Vicar
Oct 11, 2007

I thought this was a swingers party...
Played two hours of this so far and goddamn it is so good. Never got into FM3 even though I bought it at launch but this is just amazing. Can't wait to get into this one properly.

GT is DeadlyImpact if you wanna have someone to look good against in rivals mode. Usually racing during GMT as well.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

AwwJeah posted:

That's actually a little strange but understandable I guess. I did everyone a favor and cleared out a couple of things I was using to test the water when the game launched.

I'm sending messages to a couple folks asking they cut down on the sheer number of cars they've put in the garage, too. Hopefully things will thin out after a bit, because if it gets too bad we might have to resort to kicking out people who post too many lovely or redundant cars in there. And I really don't want that to happen.

E: Just to clarify, if anyone gets a message from EddieBischoffJr, that would be me. Don't worry, I'm not gonna be a jackass or anything about it.

BlazeKinser fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 14, 2011

BlackLaser
Dec 2, 2005

Anyone else with the no credits with a Fanatec wheel bug, the workaround seems to be setting your sensitivity to off or 270. 900 degree will cause the bug to happen.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

If any of you are German you may be interested in this.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/BMW_M5_Forza_Cup/

You can win yourself a brand new 2012 BMW M5 if you're fast enough.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Drift rivals is going to give me an aneurysm.

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Jarf posted:

If any of you are German you may be interested in this.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/BMW_M5_Forza_Cup/

You can win yourself a brand new 2012 BMW M5 if you're fast enough.

Jesus :psypop:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I wonder how fast I could move to Germany.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

BlackLaser posted:

Anyone else with the no credits with a Fanatec wheel bug, the workaround seems to be setting your sensitivity to off or 270. 900 degree will cause the bug to happen.
What a weird bug that they never caught, you would assume them to have testers playing the game with 900 degree settings. Though maybe the testers just left the wheels at their default settings and never came across the issue.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are

AwwJeah posted:

Also it's hysterical that the most driven car in our garage is that R3 Ka. I gave it a spin and Jesus I think it has jelly for suspension.

That's because it's fuckin awesome. And because when i'm the room host I basically force people to use it at least a couple times a night.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Pudgygiant posted:

That's because it's fuckin awesome. And because when i'm the room host I basically force people to use it at least a couple times a night.

Plus it and the Goonbus are pretty popular for soccer and tag matches as well.

Irish Legend
Aug 12, 2011
I will check some rivals again tonight, but I was top in 4-5 of them wednesday night when i was done playing.
I got a lot of invites last night on my traditional Halo reach night, and I plan on playing quite a bit this weekend. I am trying to fill my garage a little before hosting some races, although I am pretty much setup for every class except A. I hate S class but will probably do some of that just for the insanity.

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

I got my internet working so I was finally able to race last night. Just in time for some of the GoonBus mayhem too. Turns out the new spiffy router I bought sucks dick and is getting returned.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Is there a SA logo vinyl yet? I made the one people used in Forza 3, so I can get on it again if it doesn't already exist.

This game's beautiful, by the way. Simply beautiful.

BUY ME A CAT
Oct 18, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pudgygiant posted:

The Ka is the best car in the game. Little guy can hold its own.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOroW8-7KEE

The R3 Yaris may give it a run for its money.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
Can someone tell me why the only gear ratio I can change when I'm tuning is final drive?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

AwwJeah posted:

Can someone tell me why the only gear ratio I can change when I'm tuning is final drive?

You need the race transmission to adjust individual gears.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
SAEG guys, is it worth me putting some of the unicorns/pre-order cars in the club garage?

Cant Stand Me Now
Apr 27, 2005

I'm no missionary! I don't even believe in Jebus!
Can I have an invite to SAEG ? Would like to get in on The action GT: JoyChi - Thankyou please

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

My F200 Ka has earned me so much money on the Starter Car Rivals event. It's a simple tune that's up for free on Storefront - just look for the one by PLOP that like 400+ people have DL'ed.

With a bit of Foresight it's not hard to grind out a bunch of Credits in rivals mode. Basically - If you have found a rivals event you KNOW you can post great times in, set your rival on the leaderboards to the slowest one that gives you the best bounty that you KNOW you can beat (10k, 50k, 100k, 150k etc). Try to win by as small a margin as possible and then rinse repeat setting rival as the next closest name on you "Nearest" Leaderboard.

It's getting a bit difficult now as I'm starting to hit a realistic plateau time-wise - but I'm getting 150k per race when it works (2 laps) and have managed to earn at least 1.5mil so far - and it's more fun than lapping drat ovals in the old game ugh.

pvax fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 14, 2011

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

pvax posted:

With a bit of Foresight it's not hard to grind out a bunch of Credits in rivals mode.

I did this till about 2 am last night on various rivals when I should have been in bed.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
:smug: Baggins, you did it in one...
:v: Yes?
:smug: ...fourty...
:v: Yes?
:smug: two point eight!
:v: Whey!

1:42:867 Up yours, Ziploc!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Whos ryanry64, stop beating my drat nascar time! :argh: Rivals mode is going to be the death of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Chiming in on the vinyl editor problems. I too have started just wrapping the car in a full solid color square of vinyl as the colors will not match between paint and Vinyl if you are trying to mask stuff.

• Locked thread