Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Just sent out a couple more SAEG invites. Any of you guys fancy a bit of racing in a half hour?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
Just picked up FM4 and having a blast. So thrilled I could change the controls around, I was worried for a second. LLJK is full, so Southpaw, you're my only hope.

der juicen fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Oct 14, 2011

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
When you load up the Top Gear mile long straight track, is the rest of the track physically blocked off or can you play around on it too if you want?

Maybe I should rephrase the question. Is it possible to load up the entire Top Gear track so that all parts of it can be driven on?

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!
Just shared the stock Ferrari 430 with SAEG. If you want any upgrades on it, let me know.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
Do you guys care about cars with custom liveries (but otherwise basically stock) going into the club garage, or do you really want only performance-upgraded cars in there?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Goodpart posted:

Is there a SA logo vinyl yet? I made the one people used in Forza 3, so I can get on it again if it doesn't already exist.

This game's beautiful, by the way. Simply beautiful.
Search for LLJK in the vinyl group storefront, I saw one or two logos in there.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

der juicen posted:

Just picked up FM4 and having a blast. So thrilled I could change the controls around, I was worried for a second. LLJK is full, so Southpaw, you're my only hope.

We have to be in a car club together juicen. SERIOUSLY.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

maverick99 posted:

We have to be in a car club together juicen. SERIOUSLY.

gently caress, kick someone out. It will be old times!

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

der juicen posted:

gently caress, kick someone out. It will be old times!

I'm not in one yet! We should just make our own with people from the COD night crew. :3:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

maverick99 posted:

I'm not in one yet! We should just make our own with people from the COD night crew. :3:

Who all has the game? I know Goldblum does.

Partial Octopus
Feb 4, 2006

Apparently some people in lljk might not be goons and could just be random pubs applying since we're top 10 on the leader boards. Any idea what we should do about this?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Partial Octopus posted:

Apparently some people in lljk might not be goons and could just be random pubs applying since we're top 10 on the leader boards. Any idea what we should do about this?

Would probably need a thread in PGS and an xbox username to sa forums username mapping. And a club leader with the energy to boot anyone who doesn't get verified.

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

xzzy posted:

Would probably need a thread in PGS and an xbox username to sa forums username mapping. And a club leader with the energy to boot anyone who doesn't get verified.

I agree with that; I'd hate to lose my spot to some random pubbie.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Partial Octopus posted:

Pit them all in a death(goonbus) race, whomever survives, gets to stay.

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004

der juicen posted:

Who all has the game? I know Goldblum does.

Go to this website:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Profile.aspx?gt=roomba floorvac

Enter your GT and it will show you which friends on your xbl friends list have it.

Edit: I will be on sometime soon and chat with you about this on xbl or send you a message.

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters

maverick99 posted:

Go to this website:
http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Profile.aspx?gt=roomba floorvac

Enter your GT and it will show you which friends on your xbl friends list have it.

Edit: I will be on sometime soon and chat with you about this on xbl or send you a message.

I saw who had it in game, I don't have a lot of old CoDers anymore.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

xzzy posted:

Should already be a spreadsheet with SA forum usernames and GT's:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au3ezolOd-59dDFGRWRIV0xZQWVuc1d1UTNfTnJsY3c&hl=en_US

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

Just sent out a couple more SAEG invites. Any of you guys fancy a bit of racing in a half hour?

I dunno if im a bit late but yeah if anyone else is gonna race.

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Taking a vote, would the ka be better or worse if I actually made it driveable? I like that it levels the playing field for the most part by being a greased marble on a glass track but I think it could actually be useful / great at trolling if it wasn't so shittastic.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

I really enjoy the F200 version of the Ka and I think a great tune for it would make it even more fun.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
So what do you guys do other than Career(not including online stuff)?

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Idiot race posted:

I dunno if im a bit late but yeah if anyone else is gonna race.

We're racing now so come on down.

Yall Atreides
Oct 27, 2010

fear is the dang ol' mind killer, y'all
I applied a little bit ago to GISH, GT: iiInsist. I don't think I can race online though because I'm behind a university firewall, which means strict NAT. :( However, this game is still loads of fun just playing offline, challenging rivals and doing the world tour.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Is anyone else not able to upload vinyls to the storefront? I just finished up my redone number plates and wanted to put them on the storefront, but it's being a bitch about it.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

Pudgygiant posted:

Taking a vote, would the ka be better or worse if I actually made it driveable? I like that it levels the playing field for the most part by being a greased marble on a glass track but I think it could actually be useful / great at trolling if it wasn't so shittastic.

Assuming you mean the R3 version, in which case, it's hilarious fun as is. But it seems to be bordering on greatness. Make it just a little bit more driveable, just don't ruin how batshit insane it is.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Brace posted:

Working on a project to reproduce my car ingame (not that hard really), and learning how to use the livery editor to make really neat designs. Looking for a tutorial on the advanced aspects of the editor online.

Though it's online, I've also created a sort of rally-style multiclass time attack ruleset.

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

Brace posted:

Trying to learn how to keep an A class car on the road. :smith:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Lyer posted:

Trying to learn how to keep an A class car on the road. :smith:

Go drive S class for a couple hours, A class will feel sedate when you come back to it.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Baggins posted:

:smug: Baggins, you did it in one...
:v: Yes?
:smug: ...fourty...
:v: Yes?
:smug: two point eight!
:v: Whey!

1:42:867 Up yours, Ziploc!

You've just been served mofo.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

I just crosschecked the spreadsheet from the first post vs club leaderboard of the Alps A Class intro race. A good 30 or so of the names never posted their SA Name/Tag to the ForzaGoons google-sheet. So - not sure what anyone wants to do about it at this point. Seems a tad unfair to those that were excited back from the last thread.

Of course I recognize many names in the list as goons obviously, christ - even some of the leaders of the Club aren't on it ...

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

pvax posted:

I just crosschecked the spreadsheet from the first post vs club leaderboard of the Alps A Class intro race. A good 30 or so of the names never posted their SA Name/Tag to the ForzaGoons google-sheet. So - not sure what anyone wants to do about it at this point. Seems a tad unfair to those that were excited back from the last thread.

Of course I recognize many names in the list as goons obviously, christ - even some of the leaders of the Club aren't on it ...

Is there a way to see who's been online in the club last? If it is possible, just wait it out and people will eventually start to get bored of the game.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Yeah - in a month or so I doubt there will be more than 100 active players - especially with it being AAA game season. Only thing that doesn't stop is the worry that we're being invaded by pubbies looking for "glory" :hurr: The solution to them is simply more Goon Bus

GISH seems to be gaining momentum so I'm sure everyone will be having proper funtimes either way.

pvax fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 14, 2011

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Can I not use my cars that I was gifted for being level 29 in Forza 3 in Career Mode?

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Brace posted:

Can I not use my cars that I was gifted for being level 29 in Forza 3 in Career Mode?

Yes you can?

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh

Ziploc posted:

Yes you can?

I can't use some of my cars in the races I should be able to use them for, would there be any reason for this? I checked the restrictions and it said none, and they're in the same class.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Just ordered the game, looking forward to some races.

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!
Dear anyone,
Please make me an e-boy/tokidoki style design for a VE Commodore and or GT2 Supra and i will pay you exorbitant sums of money and cars. tia

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Stumbled across this in an AI thread, thought it sounded kind of neat and might be of interest to the car folk around here.

http://automationgame.com/

automationgame.com posted:

In the upcoming game Automation you will be placed in control of a newly founded car company starting in the post-war era of 1946. You will be responsible for designing your cars from scratch - from the chassis and the engine to its body styling. Your goal is to meet the needs of different markets and various types of buyers. You will need to research new technology to keep ahead of your competitors and expand your company.

While there have been numerous great racing games focused on the thrill of racing, there have been very few about the cars themselves. This is where Automation is different.

Not only will you get the freedom to design cars that look how you want, but you will also be responsible for the technical aspects such as creating your own engines. Benchmark your creations and watch their components in action while you are provided with realistic specifications and performance figures.
Easy to understand descriptions will help you optimise your car, even without prior car knowledge.

There have been several car company games made before, but we feel that they never reached the depth that car enthusiasts have wanted.

It actually looks pretty impressively complex and more than just a spreadsheet micromanagement game. Would be awesome to see things like this in future Forza titles, too.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Does anyone have a decent link to a simple spreadsheet for keeping track of lap-times on each of the tracks? Even an old one for FM3 would be super cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Brace posted:

I can't use some of my cars in the races I should be able to use them for, would there be any reason for this? I checked the restrictions and it said none, and they're in the same class.

Only thing I can think of is human error. Are you positive you didn't miss a restriction?

• Locked thread