Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IkeTurner
Apr 19, 2002
My Fanatec CSR gear showed up today. This is my first time using anything besides a gamepad with racing games, and this is really an entirely different game with wheels and pedals. Along with the Kinect head-tracking this is really incredible. :dance:

I'm not seeing a setting for this so I'm guessing it's not possible, but is there a way to have the in-car view but without the virtual hands/wheel? I like the in-car view, but seeing the on-screen hands and wheel along with my own wheel looks strange and can be distracting.

Also, is there a way to adjust the height of the bumper cam? The default height seems unusually high off the ground and feels more like you're driving up in a truck. Other than these gripes I'm really loving this so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Logue posted:

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the type of racing people prefer in LLJK, SAEG, and GISH? I've noticed in LLJK it's mostly screwing around or doing gimmick races instead of class races. Are the other groups the same?

No real difference that I can tell. GISH is overflow from LLJK, SAEG is more convenient for people on the other side of that big stupid blue thing we can't drive on. GTCC does regular things on Wednesdays, but even with the club system I imagine organizing stuff for a club as big as LLJK would be a logistical nightmare.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Check your save files and see if there is anything with an exclamation point. Delete the file if there is one.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

I had some extra Microsoft points so I bought 3 car tokens. What ridiculously expensive car do you all want in the LLJK garage?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Unless I am missing it, there isn't a way to "bookmark" certain users in the storefront is there? I think this would be a great addition for a future patch.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
This loving game is destroying my social life. I'm amazed by how well it works with just the controller. Seems like the past few racing games (Dirt 3, and S2U) played like absolute poo poo with a pad.

TriggerHappy
Mar 14, 2007

Finally picked this up and spent the first hour just beating my friends' scores in Rivals mode, holy hell this is fun.

Sent an invite request to GISH, gamertag NYCTriggerHappy

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

BlazeKinser posted:

I don't get the complaining about this. It's basically the same as the gate crasher events in Dirt 3, and it's not like they're even remotely hard. I've yet to finish one where I wasn't 50,000 points over the target score.

It's not that they're hard, it's that they're crap just like they were in Dirt. These silly events where you drive through gates around the track are awful too, and it sucks how the career mode is all "Here's a lovely Autocross event, you can either do it in this class or that class" and that's your only option. I just want to race please!

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM
Is there a reasonably cheap racing wheel you guys would recommend for this game? I can't afford the $400 Porsche badge wheel with the gearshift and clutch, as much as I'd want it.

In the autovista I unlocked the 1931 Bently 8 liter. Holy loving poo poo at the gold and silver body job. I want to drive it so badly.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
SO I'm curious as to how I sign up for one of the goon car clubs. Just got this game today and am looking to join up and have the fun I missed out on in Forza 3.

edit; Found it. Gamertag Crazkylo

crazkylo fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 15, 2011

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I'm stocked to see GISH filling up nicely.

Every drat car in this game looks good.

MeatRocket8 fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Oct 15, 2011

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Idiot race posted:

Its suprisingly fun to drive and I always quite liked infineon from the GT4 days. The kicker is those two corner sequence where there are gently caress all brake markers.

On another note the SC300 is awesome for skidzzzzz

Imma put this in the club garage for A5H to try and tell me its terrible :v:

It feels nice, but a little soft for me. Super stable though.
Slightly down on power maybe as bogs on long corners.
I'll upload one of mine once I suss the physics. Does toe out still help loads for extra lock like in 3? It doesn't feel as noticable to me?

sativa dreams
Nov 28, 2006
i'm really an '03, i swear
xbox live and forza servers are poo poo tonight. game is practically unplayable online with a friend who is sitting right next to me with his xbox

Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

sativa dreams posted:

xbox live and forza servers are poo poo tonight. game is practically unplayable online with a friend who is sitting right next to me with his xbox

Yeah I could even get into the car club, kicked me out about 3 times before I gave up.

pvax
Aug 6, 2001

Bentai posted:

Unless I am missing it, there isn't a way to "bookmark" certain users in the storefront is there? I think this would be a great addition for a future patch.

I know I've added people as favorites. I think you just need to be on their main storefront page and hit 'y' and then add them. I guess the fastest way to get to the storefront after that is to go to any leaderboard - select their name and then choose to go to their storefront

pvax fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Oct 15, 2011

Minimaul
Mar 8, 2003

A few pictures.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

BlazeKinser posted:

The design you bought may have gotten corrupted somehow. Look at your Forza 4 gamesaves folder from the dashboard and see if any of the files in there has an exclamation point next to it. If it does, delete that and only that and try the game again. DON'T delete your main gamesave though.

None of the files have been corrupted (according to the dashboard). I'm going to clear the cache this time, and try again. Had some games crash on me due to a lack of clearing the cache before, so i'm hoping this will fix it.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Logue posted:

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the type of racing people prefer in LLJK, SAEG, and GISH? I've noticed in LLJK it's mostly screwing around or doing gimmick races instead of class races. Are the other groups the same/different?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442437

GTCC does serious internet racing. I just started with them this past week and while there's been a few gimmick races, most of it revolves around picking a class or spec to do for weekly races. It's been a lot of fun, just make sure you can race cleanly and minimize the type of douchebaggery that's common in public games.

There's also Bentron on these forums who runs dice racing so get in contact with him on XBL if you want to be included in that. The basics are that one dice is rolled to determine which player in the lobby chooses a track, then another is rolled which decides the class. There's some more rules aside from that which I'm unsure of but the end result is a randomized race setup that keeps things fresh.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Has anyone else seen any clues to future DLC? I saw a current-gen Ford Focus ST in a poster for one of the class events, and there's a Hyundai Veloster ad on XBL that says "Coming Soon: The Hyundai Veloster. Engineered for Forza Motorsport 4" or something like that.

AzraelDM
Feb 26, 2011
Picked this up after work tonight and I just can't stop hot lapping the Top Gear track.
Fired off a request to GISH - GT: ThreeAbboEskie

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Just like to point out that the Ford Ka has the fastest club time and 310th in the world on R3 Alps Stadtplatz. That is all.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
How is that even possible? :psyduck:

I couldn't get past second gear without it jumping up and down like a god damned jack-russell terrier.

It is a hoot, though.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Pudgygiant posted:

Just like to point out that the Ford Ka has the fastest club time and 310th in the world on R3 Alps Stadtplatz. That is all.

That's so wrong. I upgraded it to A 55 something today and it's ridiculously hard to control.

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!
Hey does anyone know how to convert from RGB/CYMK/HSV to forza's HSB?

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Two gripes that some of you may have answers for:

1: Is there any point where I won't be starting 6/8 or 8/12? I'm in the expert league, level 30 something, and I still start every race at the back of the pack which is a pain.

2: I haaaaate how they're giving me upgraded cars as rewards and wish that I could receive them stock. I use a car's base PI to figure out where I can use it or how it can best be optimized and it's driving me crazy to see every single thing in my garage maxed out in a different way than I would end up tuning it myself. My workaround has been to browse the car shop and seeing what I already own because I can then reset the default setup once I get a good base to start with.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Teeter posted:

2: I haaaaate how they're giving me upgraded cars as rewards and wish that I could receive them stock. I use a car's base PI to figure out where I can use it or how it can best be optimized and it's driving me crazy to see every single thing in my garage maxed out in a different way than I would end up tuning it myself. My workaround has been to browse the car shop and seeing what I already own because I can then reset the default setup once I get a good base to start with.

Are you saying that you wish the reward car would just show the base PI during the reward selection process? Because once you get the reward car, you can remove all of the upgrades with that Reset Default Upgrades option in the setup screen.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

blodycoughbynewport posted:

Hey does anyone know how to convert from RGB/CYMK/HSV to forza's HSB?
I've found the SV/SB parts are 1:1, but the hard part is converting proper Hue into Forza's Hue. The proper Hue scale is 0-360, however Forza goes from 0.00 to 1.00. In the end I've just been eyeballing it and hoping for the best. I wish Forza devs could either convert to a 0-360 scale in a future patch, or maybe explain a good way of deriving an in-game Hue number from the normal HSV scale.

*late edit*
I think I figured it out!
  • Eyedrop the color you want in an HSV/HSB compatible program (Photoshop/Paint.NET/GiMP)
  • Take the Hue number, multiple by 100, divide result by 360
    (EG, H code of 225 * 100 == 22500 / 360 = 62.5)
Try it and see if it works.

Bentai fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 15, 2011

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

AwwJeah posted:

I couldn't get past second gear without it jumping up and down like a god damned jack-russell terrier.

It is a hoot, though.

Odette posted:

That's so wrong. I upgraded it to A 55 something today and it's ridiculously hard to control.

I've done a tiny little bit of tuning to it.

Speaking of, quick tuning question. The outside tire eats itself up coming out of turns, is that diff lock accel up or down?

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 25 days!
I don't remember the covered bridge on Maple Valley in 3, but I sure do love it.

That's a little tight :v:

I also love the fact my little Datsun spits fire now if I put enough power into it. Too bad catching the fire in replays is tricky :argh:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Teeter posted:

Two gripes that some of you may have answers for:

1: Is there any point where I won't be starting 6/8 or 8/12? I'm in the expert league, level 30 something, and I still start every race at the back of the pack which is a pain.

Yeah this is nuts. When I get a short race with all the AI cars at the top of the PI limit, I have to drive like an rear end in a top hat for at least a lap to have any chance of winning. Smashy smashy!

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

JaysonAych posted:

Are you saying that you wish the reward car would just show the base PI during the reward selection process? Because once you get the reward car, you can remove all of the upgrades with that Reset Default Upgrades option in the setup screen.

Yes, I wish I could see the base PI or just receive them stock. Whenever I want to find a car to drive that I've tuned myself I have to dig through handfuls of other ones that have been given to me because they're all the same PI. An A600 in my garage no longer means that work has been put in to it because there aren't any A class cars I own that aren't A600. I don't see a way to favorite or add a star to any car either so unless I've overlooked that it's making it a drag to sort my garage and I imagine it will become a total nightmare later on. I'm aware that you can reset to default but that's my main gripe; I'd rather receive them stock in the first place.

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Bentai posted:

I've found the SV/SB parts are 1:1, but the hard part is converting proper Hue into Forza's Hue. The proper Hue scale is 0-360, however Forza goes from 0.00 to 1.00. In the end I've just been eyeballing it and hoping for the best. I wish Forza devs could either convert to a 0-360 scale in a future patch, or maybe explain a good way of deriving an in-game Hue number from the normal HSV scale.

*late edit*
I think I figured it out!
  • Eyedrop the color you want in an HSV/HSB compatible program (Photoshop/Paint.NET/GiMP)
  • Take the Hue number, multiple by 100, divide result by 360
    (EG, H code of 225 * 100 == 22500 / 360 = 62.5)
Try it and see if it works.
You're a magician
Thanks a tonne!

Also, are there any club things with any openings for a scrub? GT is Cute as heck

blodycoughbynewport fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Oct 15, 2011

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Hey guys the Ka is 20/14309 in the world on R3 Tsukuba, and I'm a lovely driver and tuner. Need to make up 9 seconds between the two tracks to take 1st.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

AwwJeah posted:

Mario Kart leftovers

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah this is nuts. When I get a short race with all the AI cars at the top of the PI limit, I have to drive like an rear end in a top hat for at least a lap to have any chance of winning. Smashy smashy!

I noticed the AI gives plenty of room to the inside when its brethren try to pass but nooooo, if I take the inside it's like I'm not even there. Also, they brake way too loving early in front of you when there's plenty of speed left in the apex approach but then they'll rear-end you even if you're the most last-millisecond-braking-motherfucker on the track. :psyduck:

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Philip J Fry posted:

I noticed the AI gives plenty of room to the inside when its brethren try to pass but nooooo, if I take the inside it's like I'm not even there. Also, they brake way too loving early in front of you when there's plenty of speed left in the apex approach but then they'll rear-end you even if you're the most last-millisecond-braking-motherfucker on the track. :psyduck:

When I have raced the AI cleanly, they give me plenty of room. I've actually been incredibly impressed with how realistic it is sometimes. When I start pushing them around, though, they don't hesitate to start using me as a brake.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

A5H posted:

It feels nice, but a little soft for me. Super stable though.
Slightly down on power maybe as bogs on long corners.
I'll upload one of mine once I suss the physics. Does toe out still help loads for extra lock like in 3? It doesn't feel as noticable to me?

I dont even know what motor is in the drat thing it says 3.0 but I thought the us cars had a 4.0 v8 idk. I slapped the twin turbo thing on it, maybe I should bump it up to A class for more power, I forgot to try the toe out thing also i'll try that also.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I'm quickly trying to sell off my old stuff to buy a new 360 and Forza and this thread isn't doing me any favours.

PSP has gone and I'm $100 closer to my goal.

TeffaBob
Feb 2, 2003

Good games tonight GISH guys, although that el camino race was a bit sad(my engine died on the first lap, pathetic).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Stabby
Sep 12, 2007
stab stab stab
Can I get an invite to saeg? GT: SmoothMrStabby

• Locked thread