Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Logue posted:

Does anyone know if there is a difference in the type of racing people prefer in LLJK, SAEG, and GISH? I've noticed in LLJK it's mostly screwing around or doing gimmick races instead of class races. Are the other groups the same/different?

SAEG is for the UK/European/GMT friendly areas. Skill level doesn't really matter but we do tend to actually race rather than just crash into each other in H1s. That and play footy, can't have a session of racing without at least one game of footy.

:siren: Make sure you enter the codes you got with your game otherwise you're gonna be a sad panda when we decide to play football or do NASCAR on the speedway :siren:

Football is too much fun. We had a game in GMC Syclones, American Muscle Cars and a third game in City Cars.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Oct 15, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Created my first vinyl, a 1982 Nevada cobalt blue license plate. I think the rounded corners might be a smidge off, but it looks good! Can't find myself if I search for "Nevada", but I assume that's because the game excludes results that include your own items.

nifty1
Feb 9, 2010
Can I get a GISH invite please?

Gamertag: EnvyZero

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
No ma'am, we're musicians.

I need to figure out how to create scratches and dirt and so on.

Also this:

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

I like Lotus cars :allears:

Somebody
Jan 25, 2001

Heh
Loving this game. Sent request to join GISH. GT: Somebodyympc

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Hi, I'm tasteless.

blodycoughbynewport fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Oct 15, 2011

Bagpuss_UK
May 22, 2001

(NOT BAGPUSS)
Would like an invite to SAEG please, GT is MrSaggyClothCat

If there's one way to learn about using the whole track, apexes, and analogue use of the throttle, it's the 70s muscle car series. Holy hell those things are not manouverable... but oh god the noise :fap:

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken if you read this you need to make it so that people can request an invite of their own accord rather than having to be invited, that way I can just scroll through the requests whilst reading the forum. Everytime I go online I have friend requests from people wanting to join and I have 90+ friends now.

SAEG people, I'll be on at about 9:30 - 10PM GMT tonight if y'all fancy a few races (or are waiting for an invite and have had no luck with Falken). Probably be racing into the wee hours of the morning if enough of you show up.

blodycoughbynewport posted:

Hi, I'm tasteless.

This owns bones.

Jarf fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 15, 2011

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Jarf posted:

Falken if you read this you need to make it so that people can request an invite of their own accord rather than having to be invited, that way I can just scroll through the requests whilst reading the forum. Everytime I go online I have friend requests from people wanting to join and I have 90+ friends now.

SAEG people, I'll be on at about 9:30 - 10PM GMT tonight if y'all fancy a few races (or are waiting for an invite and have had no luck with Falken). Probably be racing into the wee hours of the morning if enough of you show up.

This owns bones.

Sneak me in a club so I can put it in the shared garage :ssh:

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I just noticed that the Yellowbird isn't in the game anymore. :(

hreple
Feb 11, 2006
hardly
The sneaky Postal Service didn't have the guts to just cram my Forza 4 Collectors Edition into my mailbox (which it surely wouldn't fit no matter how much they would have crammed) so I didn't get to fetch it until today.

I have to play by gamecontroller for a few days, CSR and stuff isn't due until tuesday.
Anyone got a good controller setup to share? Been hitting google, but it doesn't come up with much.

Anything that makes the controller less twitchy (if possible).

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can we steal the OP from this Forza 4 thread? http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447666

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

nifty1 posted:

Can I get a GISH invite please?

Gamertag: EnvyZero
If you haven't already, request to join the club in the community section of the game. I'll be on late tonight but there are other "mods?" that can approve you if you sign on earlier.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Hi, my name is Dominic Toretto.

The PI system is incredible in this game. This car was pulling laptimes that my 355 Challenge was capable of.

Yes, it's very tail happy, but it keeps surging forward even if it is pointed 45 degrees away from the corner exit.

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Out of curiosity, are you guys racing the R cars without assists as well? I'm getting to the A races and I have to say, it's starting to get tempting to turn on ABS at least.

Guntrip
Mar 14, 2006

sativa dreams posted:

You're not the only one, I've noticed this as well. It's very noticeable on certain cars when the music is turned off. I've done a few min of Internet sleuthing and it is a known problem that many others are experiencing as well. All we can really hope for is it be patched I guess. I'm using optical audio as well, it is definitely not my stereo setup
Thanks, glad to know it's not just me. Here's hoping for a fix. The music seems to cover it up pretty well but I'd rather just hear the engine given how incredible they all sound.

crazkylo
Dec 20, 2008

Set the world aflame!
Multi-class races scare the poo poo out of me. I'll be chugging along in my little Datsun, Suddenly a train of 6 A class cars come flying by me.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Residency Evil posted:

Out of curiosity, are you guys racing the R cars without assists as well? I'm getting to the A races and I have to say, it's starting to get tempting to turn on ABS at least.

Hell no I don't race no R cars with assists on, what am I some sort of sissy girly man?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
As long as it's my 89 MR2 on maple valley full, I'm pretty loving awesome at this CSR wheel.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Can I have an invite to SAEG please? I should be on at 9-10pm GMT also. Gamertag is Dancinguy

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I'm glad that the vinyl groups from Forza 3 import into Forza 4 pretty much flawlessly.

ZombieLicker
Jan 3, 2008

by T. Finn

Come at me bros. :smug:

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

ZombieLicker posted:

Come at me bros. :smug:

...Comatose? Is that you old buddy?

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
So I must say I'm really enjoying FM4 but so far my biggest complaint is the lack of new cars. It seems a lot of cars have been recycled from FM3. Where the heck are the 2011/2012 models??

ZombieLicker
Jan 3, 2008

by T. Finn

Captain Hair posted:

...Comatose? Is that you old buddy?

Woo woo woo you know it

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Teeter posted:

Yes, I wish I could see the base PI or just receive them stock. Whenever I want to find a car to drive that I've tuned myself I have to dig through handfuls of other ones that have been given to me because they're all the same PI. An A600 in my garage no longer means that work has been put in to it because there aren't any A class cars I own that aren't A600. I don't see a way to favorite or add a star to any car either so unless I've overlooked that it's making it a drag to sort my garage and I imagine it will become a total nightmare later on. I'm aware that you can reset to default but that's my main gripe; I'd rather receive them stock in the first place.

I usually end up redoing the upgrades anyway because the auto-tuner does it completely rear end-backwards from the way I do. More often than not its method is to widen the tires to maximum, upgrade the clutch, then pick as many power upgrades as it can until it hits the limit and leave everything else untouched. This almost always makes the car handle worse than it did at stock because the brakes and suspension aren't up to handling the extra power.

If you want it done right, you gotta do it yourself.

Dracon Wolf posted:

So I must say I'm really enjoying FM4 but so far my biggest complaint is the lack of new cars. It seems a lot of cars have been recycled from FM3. Where the heck are the 2011/2012 models??

Probably being saved for DLC. We're also at a point where most newer models are just slight refreshes from what we already have, from what I've been reading a lot of car companies aren't planning to revamp most of their cars seriously or introduce new things until 2013-2014.

BlazeKinser fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 15, 2011

ROOMBA floorvac
Aug 21, 2004
I installed both of the discs on my hdd; however, it is still reading from the disc. Is this normal? I'm just used to my 360 being quiet when I play games.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it stops spinning the disc after a few minutes.

ROOMBA floorvac fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Oct 15, 2011

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!

TeffaBob posted:

Good games tonight GISH guys, although that el camino race was a bit sad(my engine died on the first lap, pathetic).

Apologies about kicking you out of the session, didn't realise that clicking start game after you picked a car (but weren't ready) would boot you out of the session.

I would also love to do more insane El Camino races, as that... thing is ridiculous to drive.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

GhostDog posted:

No ma'am, we're musicians.

I need to figure out how to create scratches and dirt and so on.

Will you put this on the marketplace? I NEED it.

Does it have the BDR 529 Illinois plate?

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

How does it work with event list vs. world tour? Just did a Alfa Mito spec race on Laguna Seca through the tour, when I go to the Alfa Mito races in the event list there is only one race available and that's Mugello. Will Laguna Seca reappear there when I complete this season, or is it not there at all and only accessible once? Seems weird.

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Flux Wildly posted:

How does it work with event list vs. world tour? Just did a Alfa Mito spec race on Laguna Seca through the tour, when I go to the Alfa Mito races in the event list there is only one race available and that's Mugello. Will Laguna Seca reappear there when I complete this season, or is it not there at all and only accessible once? Seems weird.

Are you sure it was a MiTo spec race you did and not the NA D-class touring race? Usually the car list matches the region where the race is hosted in, and I've never had an event come up that wasn't on the Event List.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

Falken posted:

Hi, my name is Dominic Toretto.

The PI system is incredible in this game. This car was pulling laptimes that my 355 Challenge was capable of.

Yes, it's very tail happy, but it keeps surging forward even if it is pointed 45 degrees away from the corner exit.

It was hilarious racing against your ghost in this thing and watching it break loose on every single corner exit, without fail.

I'll be back once I've eked more horses out of the Lancia :argh:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sunday Punch can you paint a R33 for me pretty please? :D

Here's the car: http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6014/5902625612_ed18329e66.jpg

I can send super high res crazy detailed pics if you're up for it. Don't need some of the text either :)

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I think sometimes it picks an event, but for a different track and puts it at the track you're at. In that case, it doesn't count as completing the event.

greenman100
Aug 13, 2006
Forza noob here. How can I go back an event in career mode? I got second place on a track on this tour and want to go back to it. Possible?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

greenman100 posted:

Forza noob here. How can I go back an event in career mode? I got second place on a track on this tour and want to go back to it. Possible?

Back out of world tour, and go to the event list. Find the box that the event was in, and go repeat it.

Enjoy the hunt!

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

ElwoodCuse posted:

Will you put this on the marketplace? I NEED it.

Does it have the BDR 529 Illinois plate?

As far as I can tell there's no way to add a plate :(

I guess I can put it up, but it's really only a few white rectangles, I wouldn't be suprised if somebody has already put up a proper dirty version.

I need to start doing something else other than repeatedly redressing the same car...

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

StabMasterArson posted:

Can I have an invite to SAEG please? I should be on at 9-10pm GMT also. Gamertag is Dancinguy

Can I also have an invite to SAEG, I am on right now (for a bit, soon Ajax - AZ which will cause some downtime). My gamertag is: DaitoX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Enjoying the game so far. Sadly, I'm 45 minutes away from home and my XBOX baby-sitting for a friend this weekend.

I'd be interested in joining GISH and getting into gaming online, but I am terrible at both racing and trying to paint any cars. I use the braking lines and ABS. Is there a place for folks like me?

If so, I'd love an invite. Gamertag = Boosted C5 (SA username WITHOUT the underscore)

• Locked thread