Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Dirty laps don't necessarily mean you're doing something wrong, that indicator is just there for the leaderboards. Unless you're going for a rivals time, don't worry about it.

:siren:
Wheel users: I've seen multiple people ask about adjusting wheels in game. If you go into My Profile:Options:Controller you can press x for advanced options. This will let you adjust all sorts of wheel settings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
I had no idea there was an intro movie till just now. Pretty good.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

gently caress yeah 35th in the world on sunset drift rivals! :D

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Just uploaded the classic SA grenade to my storefront. GT: Goodpart.

Also sent a request to LLJK.

Can I recommend that people making vinyl groups for people here tag them with the three main club names, for easy searching? I just put "LLJK GISH SAEG" at the end of the description. Made it a lot easier in F3.

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

Day Man posted:

:siren:
Wheel users: I've seen multiple people ask about adjusting wheels in game. If you go into My Profile:Options:Controller you can press x for advanced options. This will let you adjust all sorts of wheel settings.
Too bad it's not available in the demo :sigh:

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...
You were able to upload just now? I haven't been able to connect to the community servers (marketplace, auction house, rivals mode, etc) all morning.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Snowbird posted:

I'd appreciate a GISH or SAEG invitation as well. GT: Snowbir (region europe)

DiabloStarCraft posted:

Can I get into SAEG? GT is Gunrun247.

Sure I'll just go ahead and...

Oh, the Forza 4 servers are still making GBS threads themselves :<

e: ah there we go!

e: e: race is up, come on down!

Jarf fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Oct 15, 2011

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
Community is going VERY slowly for me now.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip

siig posted:

You were able to upload just now? I haven't been able to connect to the community servers (marketplace, auction house, rivals mode, etc) all morning.
Worked fine for me just then. I dunno.

Snowbird
Sep 8, 2006

Jarf posted:

Sure I'll just go ahead and...

Oh, the Forza 4 servers are still making GBS threads themselves :<

e: ah there we go!

e: e: race is up, come on down!

Thanks! Now all that's missing is a good car setup and a skillful driver. I'll get working on it..

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
Seems like they should have waited to do game with devs until after the servers were loving load tested?

edit
And they should have called it goonbus with devs because gently caress it I'm using the goonbus as long as they keep it on b class

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 15, 2011

Fruitbat
Sep 30, 2004
Tesla football is creepy as hell, Have just got one to pimp the hell out of :)

Also "servers unavailable at this time!"

Kaster Troy
Feb 8, 2010
I built this about a month ago. It's my second build of this, as the first was much to heavy to move around.

With enough practice, I have been getting better times on the wheel than I did with my controller.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I know it works in the demo, but can you participate in Rivals Mode without Xbox Live Gold? I don't have a Gold live subscription so I'm wondering how much I'd be shut out of. I could access everything but online racing, right?

SirViver
Oct 22, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

I know it works in the demo, but can you participate in Rivals Mode without Xbox Live Gold? I don't have a Gold live subscription so I'm wondering how much I'd be shut out of. I could access everything but online racing, right?
Just googled around a bit and found this:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=4583299&postcount=2 posted:

Can I play in Rivals Mode without a Gold LIVE Account?
Yes, but only within Career Mode. In Community Mode you need a Gold account to play Rivals.
Can anyone explain the difference between rivals career and community mode?

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

GreatGreen posted:

You can do rivals yes. But you can't join clubs. So your rivals are people on your friends list or strangers, no club members.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

WienerDog posted:

2) How can you avoid drafting then? If a car is ~one second faster then yours, what's a guy to do? if I slow, the gap will increase so I won't get penalized, but his car is faster then mine. If I let up he's gunna dust me, and if I could be faster then him, well, there wouldn't be this issue.

You don't avoid drafting, you shouldn't be if you're racing. Drafting is what helps you pass. If you want to set clean laps for the leaderboards, go to hotlaps or rivals. If you want to race, race. Drafting makes you faster because the car in front eats all the air, and the car in back is able to go faster than normal. If this didn't dirty your lap, people could load up multiplayer and just draft each other down straights and set faster times than possible.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

SirViver posted:

Can anyone explain the difference between rivals career and community mode?

I'm fairly sure that career rivals is when you race an AI driver through traffic on Fujimi Kaido or some such. Anything related to online functionality (rivals, racing, car clubs, store front etc) will obviously be locked out for non-XBL Gold account holders.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

MUFFlNS posted:

I'm fairly sure that career rivals is when you race an AI driver through traffic on Fujimi Kaido or some such. Anything related to online functionality (rivals, racing, car clubs, store front etc) will obviously be locked out for non-XBL Gold account holders.

Not true. I saw the times from people on my friends list and got a bounty for beating them in hot laps (saw their ghost etc). After which I saw a stranger as my next rival. This was before I redeemed my gold code.

MUFFlNS
Mar 7, 2004

Really? In that case it's anyone's guess then v:shobon:v The only rivals-y thing I've seen in career so far is racing against AI through traffic.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Come back servers come back.

Working on this, I hope there is a good version on the store when it comes back:

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

MUFFlNS posted:

Really? In that case it's anyone's guess then v:shobon:v The only rivals-y thing I've seen in career so far is racing against AI through traffic.

You can access Rivals mode from both Go Race in career and from the Community section, and if you're in a car club then it defaults to pulling club members' times up before it goes to the general leaderboards. So it probably just means you'll just have a couple less options as to what rival times you can race against.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

Anybody made an Australian Forza goons club yet? We had meta tags for the previous two games.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Guntrip posted:

Is anyone else getting occasional pops and clicks in the audio during races and replays? I don't think I've seen anyone mention it.

I don't think it was happening in the demo and no other game (including Forza 3) seems to do it. It's more obvious now that I turned off the music. I'm using HDMI but with audio via optical to a Z-5500 speaker set - is it likely to be my set-up?

I get the same in both F3 and to a much lesser extent F4 on both my Marantz receiver via HDMI and my roommate's Sony via SPDIF.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

I wish I were better at doing vinyls. All I want is to be sponsored by Pampers :(

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
That was some nice racing with the SAEG guys and i'm going to apologise to everyone for being a bit poo poo at racecraft.

Baggins
Feb 21, 2007

Like a Great Wind!

Idiot race posted:

That was some nice racing with the SAEG guys and i'm going to apologise to everyone for being a bit poo poo at racecraft.

You and me both.

I'm not usually this bad at racing, but I'm just used to the iRacing physics. I'll get better, I promise.

Or I'll just continue punting people off track. That also works.

Remember to tune your F and B class cars for next week guys. Might even be able to keep a car on track for most of the time with some racin' rubber on...

farcry
Jan 18, 2006
Looking to join SAEG live id is farcry LLJK

been enjoying rivals mode on the topgear track, but it would be great to have a group to compare times with other then just the leaderboard.

farcry fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 16, 2011

Kaddion
Jan 12, 2008

My gosh, you're right Sam! THE GORILLA SHOULD BE DRIVING!
GISH members: Check out the newest R3 car in the garage. It is made of pure sillyness.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Baggins posted:

You and me both.

I'm not usually this bad at racing, but I'm just used to the iRacing physics. I'll get better, I promise.

Or I'll just continue punting people off track. That also works.

Remember to tune your F and B class cars for next week guys. Might even be able to keep a car on track for most of the time with some racin' rubber on...

I'll get right on with F and B class cars :D

on another note i've just gone through all my prize cars and removed all the upgrades from them, i'd rather do the tuning and setup myself seeing as the parts are so easy to get now.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Baggins posted:

Remember to tune your F and B class cars for next week guys.

I wish I wasn't so poo poo at tuning, my cars always barrel along at the edge of control.

Case in point: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNv-aPBhbmw

Luckily the EVO drives like a dream with pretty much any tune, so at least in B and A class I can keep up.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Yo Idiot Race, I uploaded a drift tune in the form of a Hyundai. Give it a go and see what you think :)

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009
Need SAEG invite, GT: Sh4 Antho

Servers are back online !

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Here is my Skoal Bandit Javelin. I loving love this car. It dominates the C class.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Anyone else get the feeling that some of these "community shapes" are just some shape some famous vinyl guy wanted for one purpose? I can't see getting more than one use out of a lot of these, they are very specific shapes.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

A5H posted:

Yo Idiot Race, I uploaded a drift tune in the form of a Hyundai. Give it a go and see what you think :)

I'll give it a skid :D, also I upgraded the lexus to a and made some more tweaks to the toe.

Edit: wow thats mental, its a bit hard to control at first but once I got into a rythm I could realy hold it at an angle. what are the diff and allignment settings if you dont mind me asking?

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 16, 2011

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Baggins posted:

Remember to tune your F and B class cars for next week guys

On the case, already tuned my RS500 up a bit (put the spoiler back on).

It's generally good practice to have a car tuned (and preferably liveried for sexy post-action photos) for every class but that'll come with time. I only have F and B covered right now.

As posted before feuerdog is already working away on a tuning calculator for Forza 4 which should make all our lives a whole lot easier.

Brace
May 29, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Yikes, doing that event where you have to race that WRX on Fuji Mountain with the traffic is tough, he beat me twice before I just made my goal to spin him out so I could get some time on him.

siig
Apr 4, 2005

Being nice is the shit ...

pvax posted:

My F200 Ka has earned me so much money on the Starter Car Rivals event. It's a simple tune that's up for free on Storefront - just look for the one by PLOP that like 400+ people have DL'ed.

With a bit of Foresight it's not hard to grind out a bunch of Credits in rivals mode. Basically - If you have found a rivals event you KNOW you can post great times in, set your rival on the leaderboards to the slowest one that gives you the best bounty that you KNOW you can beat (10k, 50k, 100k, 150k etc). Try to win by as small a margin as possible and then rinse repeat setting rival as the next closest name on you "Nearest" Leaderboard.

It's getting a bit difficult now as I'm starting to hit a realistic plateau time-wise - but I'm getting 150k per race when it works (2 laps) and have managed to earn at least 1.5mil so far - and it's more fun than lapping drat ovals in the old game ugh.
Where in rivals mode is the starter car rivals event? I must be blind but I can't find it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Fanelien posted:

Anybody made an Australian Forza goons club yet? We had meta tags for the previous two games.

I don't think anyone has yet. I was planning to whenever my preorder turns up (JB Hifi online :argh:), but feel free to create one if you want to!

• Locked thread