Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Submitted a request to GISH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

BlazeKinser posted:

And by some bizarre fluke, it's not terrible. Sitting at B500 with the turbo inline-4 from a Golf R32 and all wheel drive (25 front/75 rear), it got around the Top Gear track in 1:30.4, which is equal to.... uh, the Golf R32. So I have no idea if I actually accomplished anything, other than waste about an hour fiddling with it.

:goonsay: The R32 has a 3.2 liter V6. The Gti has the 2 liter turbo (or 1.8 liter turbo depending on the year) .

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Applied to GISH (gamertag xelpmoc).

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!

Partial Octopus posted:

:frogsiren:If you are not registered to this list by friday you will be kicked from lljk:frogsiren:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au3ezolOd-59dDFGRWRIV0xZQWVuc1d1UTNfTnJsY3c&hl=en_US#gid=0

Quoting this for the next page and so that I can attest to my desire to remain in the club!

Really itching to get some races in this weekend but I'm afraid I'm away until Monday. Only been able to participate in a few goon games so far but they were a riot despite the fact that everyone with a wheel was completely destroying me.

Some people in LLJK are really good.

AwwJeah fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 16, 2011

BlazeKinser
Feb 28, 2003

SMEEEEEE!!!

Cowwan posted:

:goonsay: The R32 has a 3.2 liter V6. The Gti has the 2 liter turbo (or 1.8 liter turbo depending on the year) .

Actually now that I checked, it's from the 2010 Golf R which I totally forgot existed, so we're both wrong. I just saw "Golf R" on the swap screen and thought it meant the R32. v:v:v

But still, the important part is that I rammed it into a significantly worse car and it sort of works. I think this is proof that chaos theory is in fact quite valid.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

Fanelien posted:

Anybody made an Australian Forza goons club yet? We had meta tags for the previous two games.
That would be awesome, but you can't join more than one club as far as I can tell. LLJK/GISH sharing > Ausgoon sharing.

A metatag wouldn't be a bad idea though!

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Partial Octopus posted:

:frogsiren:If you are not registered to this list by friday you will be kicked from lljk:frogsiren:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au3ezolOd-59dDFGRWRIV0xZQWVuc1d1UTNfTnJsY3c&hl=en_US#gid=0

I put my Gamertag in, just bought myself a new 360 and just waiting for some more cash to purchase the game.

Jersey_Guy
Aug 12, 2009
If anybody would like to be Co-Leader for GISH msg my Gamer tag @ jerseyguy187

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Got my Skyline painted. I am pretty happy with it. Currently on my storefront as well as the lljk garage.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Hey, dudes that were asking for Cafe Bustelo cars, I got bored:

The vinyl groups are on my storefront, gamertag gregchiasson. The car's not, because you probably don't want an E30 M3, plus I'm too lazy to upload any more poo poo.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Partial Octopus posted:

Looking at this, it looks like I pissed off shogunner quite a bit :laugh:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Has anyone found a good Forza vinyl tutorial site with basic to advanced lessons on how to create the neat designs out there?

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!

Cannot Find Server posted:

Looking at this, it looks like I pissed off shogunner quite a bit :laugh:

You're both arguing on a spreadsheet.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AwwJeah posted:

You're both arguing on a spreadsheet.

I didn't do anything to the spreadsheet. On the other hand, it wasn't him either, so V:v:V

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Oct 16, 2011

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Yeah, there's currently no way for me to access My Designs tab (or buy any designs for that matter) without the game crashing on me. loving sucks.

The workaround is having Multiscreen set to off, and I already have it off anyway. What the hell happened? Did a patch get released recently that caused all this trouble?

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat

Capn Beeb posted:

What do you guys suggest using for the A series world championship on Silverstone? I couldn't catch that drat F430 for the life of me :argh:

You could try an A600 Holden w427, on the Camino Viejo section of the World Championship I beat the 430 AND set the best LLJK lap time.

alr
May 14, 2009
I've been using that Holden for S class, it's hilarious. Needs a lot of space to brake and puts the back end out on every corner, but pulls like a freight train and is surprisingly competitive.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

My first mildly successful paintjob :3:

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
Haha I just noticed you can bolt Ford body parts on to the Shelby GT500 '10 to turn it back in to a normal GT Mustang (visually at least)

sc0tty
Jan 8, 2005

too kewell for school..
What do the colors on the Select Event Grid mean?

e: Also, is there any sort of structure to how the races are organised horizontally and vertically?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

sc0tty posted:

What do the colors on the Select Event Grid mean?

e: Also, is there any sort of structure to how the races are organised horizontally and vertically?

Grey means you have no eligible car for an event, blue means you do but aren't in it, green means you're in a car eligible for that event.

They are mostly structured by type. You'll have one column of Euro Tour and going up or down in that column means going up or down in class, as an example. This doesn't hold true for all of them though; the first few 'chunks' of events aren't organized in any particular fashion.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Falken posted:

Jarf, could you possibly handle any SAEG invites for tonight?

Sure thing, think we should fill out some more co-leaders to get it flowing a bit better. I was thinking Masterschaf/GhostDog would make a good one if he's game to take the position.

And yeah, on the topic of the club garage. If the car is competitive in a particular class or is a unicorn then feel free to leave it up there but otherwise clear it out.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

ElwoodCuse posted:

Yeah the plate in the movie was really plain. The vinyl should be super easy.

I'm gonna need your gamertag so I can send you the plate. It's not going to be spot on perfect, but I think it's fairly close. :D

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008
I can't seem to find photos I uploaded?

I am looking under my forza at http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Profile.aspx but under gallery it just says I have nothing to share? Am I missing something?

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.
Finished my DTM replica E30

too bad I can't put the right wheels on it

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

jadebullet posted:

Got my Skyline painted. I am pretty happy with it. Currently on my storefront as well as the lljk garage.

This is really nice! Good job :) I'll definitely be messing around with it quite a bit.

Content: I think I'm going to finally switch to manual today. A year ago I was playing Forza 3 on Easy and in the last week I've gotten very comfortable with Hard + no traction. Any tips for someone who has never driven manual in real life or in Forza? I'm using a controller by the way.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Oct 16, 2011

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

That would be awesome to have a movie car only race. The delorean, kitt, herbie, general lee.

Ocatamai
Jun 18, 2004

Perfect and Elegant Maid

DaitoX posted:

I can't seem to find photos I uploaded?

I am looking under my forza at http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Profile.aspx but under gallery it just says I have nothing to share? Am I missing something?

If you're looking for a big shot picture you need to upload a small shot first to make the gallery options show up.
The server also stores only one big shot at a time.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Application for SAEG.

GT = biglads

biglads fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Oct 16, 2011

Ghetto Blaster
Jul 25, 2006

Baggins posted:

Remember to tune your F and B class cars for next week guys. Might even be able to keep a car on track for most of the time with some racin' rubber on...

Got my F200 ready:

It's in the SAEG garage and just needs some fancy paint.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate
If anybody particularly likes making up liveries, I would love to see one based on this:

Either a whole car or just a decal would make me very happy.

DaitoX
Mar 1, 2008

Ocatamai posted:

If you're looking for a big shot picture you need to upload a small shot first to make the gallery options show up.
The server also stores only one big shot at a time.

There we go, thanks.

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

ANAmal.net posted:

Hey, dudes that were asking for Cafe Bustelo cars, I got bored:

The vinyl groups are on my storefront, gamertag gregchiasson. The car's not, because you probably don't want an E30 M3, plus I'm too lazy to upload any more poo poo.

I love you.

Fayez Butts posted:

Oh my god, I loving live off that poo poo. You're a genius! I'm too poor to own Forza 4 at the moment but I could start mocking something up in 3 and maybe send it to somebody to import.

When you do get the game, we're starting Team Bustelo.

blodycoughbynewport fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Oct 16, 2011

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Just sent a request for GISH, gt: zata5665

I'm not very good but I'm getting better and hopefully after Xmas I'll get a Fanatec. Not sure if I'll ever be online to race but Rivals is amazing so far so you all can always beat me at that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sunday Punch posted:

Finished my DTM replica E30

too bad I can't put the right wheels on it

This will be the first vinyl I buy. This is a fantastic job.

Sunday Punch
Mar 4, 2009

There you are in your home, and the soldiers smash down the door and tell you you're in the middle of World War III. Something's gone wrong with time.

I said come in! posted:

This will be the first vinyl I buy. This is a fantastic job.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. But you already said the Lancia was going to be the first thing you bought so you need to make up your mind :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sunday Punch posted:

Thanks man, I appreciate it. But you already said the Lancia was going to be the first thing you bought so you need to make up your mind :colbert:

Ooh god, so many options. :qq: I'll buy everything that goons make. I was one of the hardcore players in GT5 that dedicated a lot of time to acquiring everything, so Forza 4 should not be a problem.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

I am bad at this game and often have lap times 1~4 seconds slower that whoever comes first. Here's my B class car anyway, I'm no better at painting either.

And for F I have this badboy.

Sucks that this game was released as I started the last year of my degree. Studying is really cutting into my vidja game playing time.

Think I may put a thread together for SAEG in private games so we have somewhere to discuss and specify the spec we want to race for each week and so on and so forth. Stop me from spamming this thread too.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blodycoughbynewport
Oct 26, 2008

Sponsored by Big tobacco!

Ahahaha oh god I'm terrible at this, but I love my new car :3:
Thanks again ANAmal.net!

• Locked thread